Manga Brewin in my head. I need more than must my creativity.

Projects or project ideas in the works

Manga Brewin in my head. I need more than must my creativity.

Postby KA1-EG13 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:01 pm

Hello. I'm a bit of a noobie (how can you be a bit of a noobie?) but anyways for the longest time I've been concocting (is that how you spell it?) Manga and Anime characters and plots in my head ever since I've been introduced to the subject (well more or less really) and my characters and plots have changed according to my christian rebirth.

So far what I have is 6-7 very solid characters and a blurry plot. So far everything that has been brewin has been between me and God. I've shown other people my ideas, but I haven't gotten much help from them. So I have decided to bring some of my ideas up front to CAA to get a fresh perspective on my stuff and some new ideas.

Mostly what I need is some direction and some people to talk to about it.
KA1-EG13

Location: I am a Texan that lives in East Texas, yet I don't feel Texish at all. Wierd.

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:11 am

This forum isn't frequented, but I at the very least would be glad to talk with you about it and perhaps provide direction. What do you have so far?

On other terms, welcome to our forums and glad to have you with us.
uc pseudonym

Thanks

Postby KA1-EG13 » Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:41 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:This forum isn't frequented, but I at the very least would be glad to talk with you about it and perhaps provide direction. What do you have so far?

On other terms, welcome to our forums and glad to have you with us.

Thank you. I'm glad to be here.

So far what I have characterwise is Jynx, Bob, Lucy, Perry, Zita Moranova, and Dorathy. (there are a few more but I'll start with these first.

The Story is suppose to start out with Dorathy. In short she meets the stereotypical goth girl standard, however she has a deeper character than that, she just doesn't like to show it to most people. She encounters a autistic kid which she dubbs Jynx in either a junkyard, street, or warehouse (I'm still trying to decide) and it so happens that Jynx has a metal helmet (a chrome dome) fastened and fused to his skull. The helmet covers his eyes so one would assume that he is blind, but he somehow see's through the helm. Jynx lives up to his names sake, irritating Dorathy and ultimately following her home like a lost puppy. His abilities range from super agility, hardheadedness, picking up radio broadcasts through his helmet and everyonce and a while being struck by lightning yet being unphazed by the truama. His greatest asset however is his child like faith in God.

Bob happens to be an average sorta guy that happens to be homeless and happens to wear a straw hat all the time. Only thing different about him is he happens to be 130-230 (still haven't decided on age yet) years old. He benefits from years of combat experiance and the wisdom that comes along with his age. He is a faithful christian that usually goes on unnoticed as he plays the part of a street preacher. Although he is kinda filthy and unpopular among many people that he meets he has a few friends, but unfortunately many enemies such as his ex girlfriend Zita Moranova, who is as old as he is and was a Russian Czar. She now runs a large mafia and tries to kill Bob from time to time, yet at the same time she still is carrying a torch for him.

Perry was once an artist that under went a tragic accident that turned him into a savant. He is introverted and anti social and hates his new mental prowess, but after meeting Lucy, an armless 7 foot ex naby seal happy go lucky red head, he was motivated in his heart to create for her prosthetic (kick butt cybernetic actually) limbs and afterwards they have been good friends since even though that fight like cats and dogs.

I've been debating with myself wether I should make all this one comic or three seperate comics. I put these characters in several scenarios and such but as for coming up with a solid plot its still blurry. I think I'm missing a key element to glue everything together I think. Whats your take on it?
KA1-EG13

Location: I am a Texan that lives in East Texas, yet I don't feel Texish at all. Wierd.

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:31 pm

I see a lot of characters with possible development, but not a great deal of overall plot. They carry some of the story with them, but you'll need more elements to create a good story, and I suggest starting at the top.

Initially, what kind of story is this? It will obviously have some action in it, and due to Christian characters religious content. But what will actually drive the story? How much will that religious content affect the story?

Another question: what is the scope of this story? Do you want to create a smaller story based on one premise, that explores a few characters in depth? Or would you prefer something epic? If the former, I suggest separate stories, if the latter, they could work together.

Also, what is the overall plot? This may be exactly the question you are asking, so that may not help you. Still, you should consider what it is that will make things change beyond the normal for these characters (or, if they have an unusual normal, why this normal is exciting).

Another important detail to consider is your world mechanics (by which I mean the principles on which the world operates). Obviously, your world is similar to Earth, and has a presumably Judeo-Christian God. However, you also have a 130+ year old guy running around, and pretty advanced technology. What is it in your world that makes these possible?

I just asked more questions than answered any, but I hope in answering them that you draw closer to your goal with this project.
uc pseudonym

Postby KA1-EG13 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:48 pm

Thanks for info. Those are some pretty good questions you bring to mind.

I think the way I want to start is basicly with the character Dorathy just trying to cope with her new tag along, Jynx. Simple enough to start developing character relationships, but after the plot progresses some crazy people start to come out of the wood work and try to take Jynx away.

I think what I need right now is some badguys to complete the hero villian circle. I'll get back to you when I have more of the plot complete. Thank you!
KA1-EG13

Awsome! Why didn't I think of that! ...don't answer that.

Postby KA1-EG13 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:50 pm

That is helpful. I don't know why I didn't even think of Zita spearheading the operation, and though I'm not sure about making Jynx the son of Bob, everything you suggested sounds excellent.

All I got to do now is work out a few deatails and I might have a solid plot.

Thanks.
KA1-EG13

Return to New Projects and Ideas