Guys will laugh...the ladies will hurt me

Talk about anything in here.

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Jun 19, 2003 6:46 pm

Hey T-chan. Nothing wrong with hugs and kisses.
uc pseudonym

Postby inkhana » Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:12 pm

Originally posted by uc pseudonym
This was looking a bit iffy, and then chocolate gets mentioned, and everything's alright!

Chocolate is the answer to all problems! LOL

To be honest, I open a door for whoever's with me, despite the gender, just because it's a nice thing to do. It's not even something I think about. If you're a girl and a guy walks up behind you as you go through a door, it's just mean to let it fall shut in his face. It's just as easy to hold the door open and let him walk by, IMHO.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby WhiteÃ…ngel » Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:40 am

I think it is important that we remember to be ourselves... I don't mind doing nice things for people, etc ( like doors and dishes) but when we do it to get something in return it is fake and is veryu obvious. My wife used to tell me that I have changed and when i asked how... she got mad that she would even have to tell me.... we went to a marriage grooup at church to learn more about a Christian marriage and it smacked me in the head! We have been cool to each other ever since and we do for each other out of love... not to get something out of it... kiss or otherwise.. though I also see the importance of cool people like t-chan that show gratitude the way we should show gratitude when we do for each other.

Our sermon in church the other day was about guys( fathers day sermon) who think they are too cool or want to look that way to show their feelings.. ( like raising hands when praising) I feel it is important for all of us to be honest and have our hearts on our sleeve. people can see through fake people anyway.

sorry to ramble... just felt it was important.
WhiteÃ…ngel

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:31 pm

All too true. And WhiteAngel, I never got a chance to say this, it's good to see someone of your age (whatever it is) posting about anime and manga. Very refreshing.
uc pseudonym

age ?

Postby WhiteÃ…ngel » Fri Jun 20, 2003 10:37 pm

I am 34... and many of the people I know in anime are only a few year younger then me.. ( voice actors , artists ) and some are older then me, but take a different approach on content ( I won't say the companies) I have been a gamer and anime freak for a long time.. once you do it as work, etc age doesn't matter... just what people want.
WhiteÃ…ngel

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Jun 21, 2003 7:30 am

The steriotypical anime fan is either a little kid or someone in high school or college. It's just nice to break that once and a while and see someone who's a good bit older (especially compared to myself). Of course, those making the anime don't count. :)
uc pseudonym

Doors and jokes

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:45 pm

OK. I go in and out of my office quite often and there are always people who need the door held open for them. As a guy, I feel it's my duty to extend the respect due to each individual. I let them prove that they are perfectly competent by politely closing the door in their face, and then waiting until they open it and saying, "Hi Welcome! Can I help you?"

Oh, and I guess I'm not that well known yet am I? The message above should be read with firm grasp of sarcasm. If you have not yet aquired a generous helping of sarcasm, please disregard post. This message will self destruct in *epoch* seconds.
Mithrandir

Postby WhiteÃ…ngel » Sat Jun 28, 2003 9:44 am

It is difficult to accept sarcasm when we don't know your heart.

This forum is an attempt to promote a Christian view on life through a common link which is anime and manga.

Our purpose is to promote Christian morals and views... especially when we are the older and should lead the young ones and new Christians by example.

I don't know your heart oldphilosopher.. but from what I have read so far I don't agree with your philosophy on life. I hope I am just misunderstanding your sarcasm, but I will pray that you understand our focus and realize who it is that reads these posts.

If you are saved then it is our duty as Christains to lift you up and help challenge you in your walk... right now I think we read your messages and would want to pray for you or with you rather then take your words to heart.

Don't take this as a personal challenge, but as a spiritual one.. It is how we are viewed by God that is important and our words can hurt our view by God much more then our actions.
( somebody help me with the scripture reference here.. i forgot it)

anyway bro... we will love you regardless, but accept you more if we can get to understand you.
WhiteÃ…ngel

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Jun 28, 2003 9:58 am

I think I understand what you were trying to do. I would caution you slightly, sarcasm doesn't go over too well with most people. Plus, you can never assume too much about the reader's intelligence, they could be an eight year old. I enjoy sarcasm, but it just isn't the same in text.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mithrandir » Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:29 am

Serious Post. Don't read if not prepaired.
This specific post was started as a joke, and buffered as such. Uh OK. I'm not trying to be defensive here, and I don't usually do this but...

My goal in life is to lead people to Christ by example. I'm not the best at it, as I do not have the gift of evangelism. Instead, I try to leave evey person I come in contact with better than when I found them; I have found in life that humor is the most common denominator; everyone can relate to humor. Some people would say this is a frivolous waste of time. I suppose that's their perogative. I'm certainly not going to judge someone else simply because they judged me. (NO I'M NOT SAYING ANYONE HERE DID THAT! STOP READING TO MUCH INTO WHAT I AM SAYING!) I was studying to become a vocational childrens/teen pastor when God, in no uncertain terms, made it clear to me that I was not supposed to be a vocational (professional) minister. Having a passion for computers, I started frequenting web arenas where that demographic hung out. I have helped numerous kids/teens/adults online giving them aid in terms of listening to their hurt/questions and pointing them to sound biblical teachings. Some are hungry for the depth of Clive Staples (C.S.) Lewis, some need the directness found in Brother Lawrence of the Resurestion. Still others have left religion long ago in search for what they call reality. While freely admiting my inadiquacy, I try to meet each individual on the grounds that they come to me. Being human, this is the best I can do. I have come to grips with this, and am trying to give advice where it is needed, help when it is appropriate, and love at all times.

As for my own past, when I was desperate for attention at the age of 15, I experienced pain and suffering that most people simply cannot comprehend. (In case you care, I lost 12 close family members in the span of 2 years. Including my mother, my pastor and a childhood friend.) When I first became interested in girls, I had my only role model torn from me. I was taken advantage of, and had ZERO abilitiy to relate to women as people, and not things. Later in life a girlfriend treated me like I behaving, and I was able to learn the error of my ways. Suffice to say, I felt a bit of pain. This pain left me able to relate on a very real level to almost any pain anyone goes through, but at the same time, it stole my emotions. I have a VERY difficult time experiancing certain emotions. I won't go into this here. I do not believe God put me through this pain, I believe he allowed it to occur. I believe he has reasons that are not my business to question/dissect. Everyone goes through pain of some sort, mine was just sort of potent.

OK. That's just about enough of that.

- KMM (AKA Carbon Ocelot. AKA: Old philosopher.
Mithrandir

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:50 pm

Thanks for sharing here. I, at least, appreciate your willingness to share.

And I disagree about sarcasm being the lowest form of humor. If you believe that, I don't think you've seen sarcasm as it can be.
uc pseudonym

Previous

Return to General