April WALLPAPER contest - read the rules here!

Win the competitions and get free cookies! (sorry for lame description, perhaps Ink can come up with a better one)

April WALLPAPER contest - read the rules here!

Postby inkhana » Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:58 pm

Here are the rules for April's WALLPAPER contest!

For now, please post wallpaper entries in this thread, since there seems to be a problem with the wallpaper area. Thanks!

As before, entries appearing elsewhere will not be taken into consideration.

//Please do not enter if your entry is the only post you plan to make on the CAA forums. Entries from users with fewer than fifteen posts will be disqualified.

//All entries will, most importantly, comply with the general rules of CAA. Entries with a sexual connotation of any kind (including but not limited to hentai, yaoi and yuri), as well as those with graphic violence or profanity, are instantly disqualified. The judges reserve the right to exclude an entry. Entries that do not have some relation with the current wallpaper contest theme will be disqualified also.

//If any member posts work that is not his or her own (ie, they didn't create the composition), they will be disqualified from all future contests and their current entry will be thrown out.

//All entries must be received before May 1. At the end of the contest, all entries will be submitted to a judging panel previously chosen by the admins and mods of CAA. When a winner is selected, the winning entry will be placed on the front page of CAA and their name will be announced in a new thread.

//You may use official art from anime, games, etc, as long as the final composition is your own. If you use someone else's artwork, please credit them in your gallery post. You do not have to use anime-style art.

The theme of this month's contest - Psalm 98:1

[quote="Psalm 98:1"]O sing unto the Lord a new song]

For this contest, please ensure that your entry:
1 - applies to the current theme, with the Bible verse above (you can use any translation you like)
2 - is in one of the following standard wallpaper sizes : 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768 (or larger, as long as it's standard, but 1024x768 is preferred). [color=DarkRed]Failure to keep the wallpaper in the correct size will result in disqualification.

And as always, if you have questions, please feel free to PM me.[/color]

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby inkhana » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:52 pm

Hey, I know some of you have been having trouble posting in the wallpaper area, so for now, please put your entries in this thread. Thanks!

SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.

- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Nu-En-Jin » Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:39 pm

inkhana wrote:Hey, I know some of you have been having trouble posting in the wallpaper area, so for now, please put your entries in this thread. Thanks!

Like this?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/spyrie/sing2m7.jpg
Two fish in a tank. One turns to the other and says, "You know how to drive this thing?"
Nu-En-Jin

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:49 pm

fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby inkhana » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:43 pm

Yup yup, perfect! Thanks!

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Dark_angel » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:47 pm

[indent]
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding -provers 9:10

[/indent](Sorting things out, but will be back later.) :angel:
Dark_angel

Postby Hitokiri » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:40 pm

Hitokiri

Postby Hephzibah » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:13 pm

Waah! Rock on! It's the Rahxephon chick :grin:
Hephzibah

Postby Kisa » Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:14 pm

Couldn't get the size right, so I wont enter ><
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby anime4christ » Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:46 pm

inkhana wrote:1 - applies to the current theme, with the Bible verse above (you can use any translation you like)

Does it have to be English?
I'll try and make something, but I'm short on time, I'm not sure if I'll make it for April.
anime4christ

Postby inkhana » Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:48 pm

I would prefer it be in English for the sole reason that I can read it...lol! But I won't stomp on alternate language entries if I can figure out well enough that it's the right passage.

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby anime4christ » Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:50 pm

hmm...does it affect any1's chance of winning? lol
anime4christ

Return to Art Contests