Guys will laugh...the ladies will hurt me

Talk about anything in here.

Guys will laugh...the ladies will hurt me

Postby Stephen » Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:34 am

I thought this was kinda funny...in a sexist stupid kinda of way...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stephen

Postby Lightbringer » Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:35 am

......... Im gonna go stand over there behind that wall, and ........ you just stay out here were everybody can see you.... k steve?

Lightbringer // Aaron
Lightbringer // Aaron

Image Image
Join up! Darklight-The Chronicles of Tairis epic RPG
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=5233
Lightbringer

Postby Master Kenzo » Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:15 pm

That's kinda funny, although you're right, it is sexist. But I'll take it as a compliment, as all men should ^_^
I'm back to make a post or two every couple years...
Master Kenzo

Postby minjigga » Mon Jun 09, 2003 2:17 pm

haha. thats very sexist. but funny.
i dunno how true though. hahaha.
payce:God bless:minjigs
minjigga

Postby Ashley » Mon Jun 09, 2003 2:26 pm

:shady:
Now you've got TWO things to remember. The boss is not only a Texan, but a girl...
Although it was rather funny. ;)

:rant: And the FIRST person to accuse me of being a feminazi--er, feminist....well, I'll talk to you myself about it. Let's just say I actually wish guys would treat girls better: opening doors and the like. Helpless schmelpless, it's called courtesy and chivalry. Two almost forgotten virtues, IMO.
Ashley

Postby Straylight » Mon Jun 09, 2003 2:53 pm

this is a risky thread -- the caa boards have a high female/male ratio :lol:
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby Rashiir » Mon Jun 09, 2003 2:59 pm

Yah, but Shatterheart likes to have people mad at him, at least that's how it seems...anyway, as far as the whole opening doors thing goes, feminists can't really have it both ways, they can either have it equal or not equal. Myself, I open doors for girls, if that makes me sexist, oh well.:dizzy:
Rashiir

Postby inkhana » Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:59 pm

LOL---just remind me to stay away from that well...

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby MasterDias » Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:38 pm

Hmmm, well that was a better reaction from the female members than I was expecting...
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby inkhana » Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:01 pm

LOL! :P

SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.

- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby BrianC » Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:44 pm

I'm a guy and I don't find that funny. She looked much better as a woman.
"Your sense of fashion, Roger, really reeks"-Dorothy, Big O
BrianC

Postby calbhach » Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:36 pm

That's just plain silly....

Calbh

Adopted ~ The Melody Maker :)

Adopted by ~ CephasVII :D

Adopted as a pet by ~ 1BalloonPopper ^_^

Adopted pets ~ Marbles (1BalloonPopper) =D
calbhach

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:48 pm

:lickbash:

Okay, the green one is a guy, the orange one is a girl.

:grin:
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby calbhach » Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:48 pm

I must agree with everyone....She did look better as a woman.

LOL
Calbh

calbhach

Postby Rashiir » Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:58 pm

You just think that because she had MONEY. What a bunch of GOLD DIGGERS!!!
Rashiir

Postby Stephen » Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:23 pm

Wow...the ladies did not kill me...Ok...to clear some things up...I don't think women are dumb or anything...lol....given as a joke...hopefully taken as one. As far as chivalry...I would hope that if someone was asked I could be called a gentleman. Holding doors, the whole shtick.....I really do try. lol...Had a girlfriend once that abhored that...would use other doors...etc etc...you girls are confusing sometimes ya know? ;)
Stephen

Postby Ashley » Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:24 pm

Awww, don't judge all of us that way! Some of us are still smart enough to appriciate those things. And if it never gets you anything else in life I think it's really awesome.
But yeah, we confuse ourselves sometime...wait, a LOT of the time.
Ashley

Postby Rashiir » Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:46 pm

Hey, did you know that the word gentleman has a :

The word gentleman originally meant something recognisable; one who had a coat of arms and some landed property. When you called someone 'a gentleman' you were not paying him a compliment, but merely stating a fact. If you said he was not 'a gentleman' you were not insulting him, but giving information. There was no contradiction in saying that John was a liar and a gentleman; any more than there now is in saying that James is a fool and an M.A. But then there came people who said--so rightly, charitably, spiritually, sensitively, so anything but usefully--'Ah, but surely the important thing about a gentleman is not the coat of arms and the land, but the behaviour? Surely he is the true gentleman who behaves as a gentleman should? Surely in that sense edward is far more truly a gentleman than John?' They meant well. To be honourable and courteous and brave is of course a far better thing than to have a coat of arms. But it is not the smae thing. Worse still, it is not a thing everyone will agree about. To call a man 'a gentleman' in this new, refined sense, becomes, in fact, not a way of giving information about him, but a way of praising him: to deny that he is 'a gentleman' becomes simply a way of insulting him. When a word ceases to be a term of description and becomes merely a term of praise, it no longer tells you facts about that object: it only tells you about the speaker's attitude to that object. (A 'nice' meal only means a meal the speaker likes.) A gentleman, once it has been spiritualised and refined out of its old coarse, objective sense, means hardly more than a man whom the speaker likes. As a result, gentleman is now a useless word. We had lots of terms of approval already, so it was not needed for that use; on the other hand if anyone (say, in a historical work) wants to use it in its old sense, he cannot do so without explanations. It has been spoiled for that purpose.

I'm sure that's more than you ever wanted to know ;) First one to guess where I got that passage wins the prize!!!:dance:
Rashiir

Postby Psycho Ann » Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:48 pm

*laughs loudly at first then proceeds to hurt Shatterheart*

Nah, just kidding ;)

I'm with Ashley on the whole "we need chilvary around here". *sighs dramatically*

And Rashiir, now that's definitely more than I want to now :lol:
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

Postby calbhach » Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:24 pm

Awwww...T Chan, that's so sweet!

Calbh

calbhach

Postby calbhach » Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:36 pm

Yeah, I can see that! Ever since you got on the group, you've been nothing but nice! :) BTW, do you happen to have MSN messenger? I'd like to add you to my messenger list! :)

Thanks,

Calbh

calbhach

Postby andyroo » Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:44 pm

Man I was expecting a different reaction to that joke like :mutter: and :eyebrow: and :shady: . Oh well, the joke is pretty funny. I have seen it some where but am cluless as to where it was that I saw it. hmmmmmm.

I guess chivalry is okay. You know honor, pride, revenge, and manners. I'm big on the honor part chivalry.

More about that joke. I knew that I saw it some where. It's on my hard drive burried away in the My Documents folder. The file was named So True.jpg ;)
"As vinegar to the teeth and smoke to the eyes, so is a sluggard to those who send him." ~Proverbs 10:26
†
The Ideas Behind Anime |

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.
A proud member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone! Join the fight!
andyroo

Postby calbhach » Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:41 am

Sigh--Oh well, it was just a thought. :)

Calbh

calbhach

Postby Gypsy » Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:50 am

Too bad you can't chat, but at least you stick around here with us where it's safe, right?
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby naf26 » Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:28 pm

She said she wanted driving skills. I have NEVER in all my life seen a guy that can put on makeup, talk on the phone, listen to music, and drive at the same time. Kudos to girls. Wait, doesn't that mean "thanks"? Eh, you know what I mean. Girls are multitask-ational. And I try to be chivalrous as much as possible cuz most of my friends are girls and they know what they want. ;)
Hey, y'know, I was thinking how all of the Ninja Turtles have Renaissance artist names, so I made a yellow mask for myself and called myself Pablo (Picasso), the fifth TMNT! Cowabunga, dudes and dudettes!
naf26

Postby inkhana » Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:38 pm

Heh heh....I like this guy. Izumi San, bring the chocolate! :thumb:

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby naf26 » Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:50 pm

Mm, chocolate. That always brightens the day... despite having to go search for a job. Ugh. Isn't it sad? Well, wish me luck, y'all.
Hey, y'know, I was thinking how all of the Ninja Turtles have Renaissance artist names, so I made a yellow mask for myself and called myself Pablo (Picasso), the fifth TMNT! Cowabunga, dudes and dudettes!
naf26

joke

Postby *Hope* » Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:05 am

Hmm.. that's funny. I heard one the other way around tho. 3 fisherman are in a boat and they catch a magic fish. the fish gives each of them a wish. Th 1st one wihes to be smarter. the second one wishes to be even smarter than the first. the third one wishes to be the smartes of all and he instantly turns into a girl.. Don't get me wrong, i'm not sexist or anything. I actually thought the comic was better, even tho i'm a girl. I wish a guy would open doors for me. :shady: i'd give him a bid hug!:hug:
*Hope*

Postby Spencer » Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:10 am

Man, I need to start holding doors for girls. Hugs are good. ^^;;

btw, funny comic, and the fisherman one was pretty funny too.
:)
Spencer

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Jun 19, 2003 6:26 pm

This was looking a bit iffy, and then chocolate gets mentioned, and everything's alright!

Just a thought on the entire issue. If this were debate, this would be a critique. As Christian's isn't it our job to fully respect everyone? So isn't the gender issue completely irrelevent, considering we should extend the greatest respect to anyone? I mean, I open doors for everyone...
uc pseudonym

Next

Return to General