What Game Are You Playing Right Now?

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:46 pm

Kingdom Hearts... I want my MGS3 back...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Elric_kun » Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:53 pm

Katamari Damacy
Elric_kun

Postby Noodles » Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:35 pm

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Viewtiful Joe 2

Paper Mario is fun but the first 45 to 75 minutes of it is really really really(....and so on...) really boring. After that it gets really addicting.
Moo, I tell ye! MOO!
Noodles

Postby Zedian » Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:06 pm

Right now it's all about World of Warcraft and MGS 3. That is, until Resident Evil 4 and Suikoden IV come swinging in the new year.
Zedian

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:47 pm

Azier the Swordsman wrote:I've seen the trailers of Onimusha 3 and I want that game SO bad.... is it as good as it looks?

Yeah, it's great. It takes place half in feudal Japan and half in modern-day France. The only problem I had with this is that for a while in the game (until the heroes - Samanoske and Jacques - meet), the France segments are spoken in French with English subtitles and the Japan segments are spoken in... English? Huh? How could such an interesting idea be only half carried out? Other than that though, it's an excellent game. If you like the Onimusha franchise, this one's definitely worth getting.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:59 pm

Kingdom Hearts (starting over to get ready for CoM and KH2)

Rai
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:21 pm

final fantasy dawn of souls and super mario ds 64

ffdos IM SO EVIL!!!!
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:40 pm

SpoonyBard wrote:Yeah, it's great. It takes place half in feudal Japan and half in modern-day France. The only problem I had with this is that for a while in the game (until the heroes - Samanoske and Jacques - meet), the France segments are spoken in French with English subtitles and the Japan segments are spoken in... English? Huh? How could such an interesting idea be only half carried out? Other than that though, it's an excellent game. If you like the Onimusha franchise, this one's definitely worth getting.

Hmm... that's bizzare. I'll be buying the Japanese version anyways, which retains both Japanese and French voices.
Azier the Swordsman

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:23 pm

Azier the Swordsman wrote:Hmm... that's bizzare. I'll be buying the Japanese version anyways, which retains both Japanese and French voices.

Oh. Well then, you're golden. Enjoy! :thumb:
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Jasdero » Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:33 pm

Final Fantasy XI (PC)
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Postby Elric_kun » Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:07 pm

Melty Blood ReACT
Elric_kun

Postby Sync » Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:12 pm

Melty Blood, IIDX RED and AEUG Vs. Titans at the arcades. for "home" I have Glove On Fight, Ragnarok Battle Offline, Beatmania IIDX 7th & 8th style, and (once they arrive from the states) US versions of Half-life2, Beyond Good & Evil.
Sync

Postby Golden_Griff » Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:16 pm

Sunako wrote:*o* Animal Crossing.. X333 Fun game~

Tycho wrote:Animal Crossing is a great game. No need to be embarressed. I can't believe I'd play a game where all you do is fish and deliver junk, but yet...

:red:...:stressed:...:)....:grin:

(is glad she isn't the only one who enjoys this "kiddie" game)

Oh yeah, um, Mario Kart DD (GC) Smackdown vs. Raw (PS2) and X-Men Legends (PS2) are currently in my line-up as well :thumb:
My art album! (Click Here!) :cool:

Proud member of P.W.M.O.U.W.I.A.T.M.A. : People Who Make Odd and Ugly Words In an Attempt To Make Acronymns.

"You don't have to be great to start, but you do have to start to be great."--Joe Sabah
Golden_Griff

Postby Razgriz » Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:21 pm

Ace Combat 5
Razgriz

Postby Elric_kun » Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:22 pm

GoldenEye: Rogue Agent
Sync wrote:Melty Blood, IIDX RED and AEUG Vs. Titans at the arcades. for "home" I have Glove On Fight, Ragnarok Battle Offline, Beatmania IIDX 7th & 8th style, and (once they arrive from the states) US versions of Half-life2, Beyond Good & Evil.

how is the arcade version of Melty Blood? any new characters?
Elric_kun

Postby Sync » Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:35 pm

nope, for now I'm staying with the standard game machines (not that good anyway), a few have Act: Cadenza but not all and those ones have lines usually
Sync

Postby Elric_kun » Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:50 pm

Melty Blood ReACT
Sync wrote:nope, for now I'm staying with the standard game machines (not that good anyway), a few have Act: Cadenza but not all and those ones have lines usually

ah, ok XD
Elric_kun

Postby Counselor » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:50 am

Ragnarok, Loki server. Working on the CAA guild of course. I invite others to come join us.
Counselor

Postby kaji » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:01 am

Now Im not one to generally play a game based on a TV show, movie, or anime, but the other day I just happened to play DBZ Budokai 3 and what fun it was.

100x the two previous games, the graphics are great, the fighting mechanics are fun (not to mention easy to learn), and the game generally holds true to the TV series (With both moves, story and characters).

If you are a fan of the fighting genre and fast paced-super-powered battles intrigue you, add in a progressive story mode where you can develop your characters moves and techs through a comprehensives as well as a vast library of playable characters and unlockable extras that all add up to hours of replay. All in all its pretty cool, and worth at least a rent.

Oh, and if you are a DBZ fan… This game is definitely for you. ;)

-kaji
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby Hitokiri » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:52 am

I am playing Battle for the Middle Earth at this moment...I'm looking for a Minas Tirith map.
Hitokiri

Postby Jasdero » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:53 am

Final Fantasy XI (PC)

Can't wait for my guidebook to come in the mail.. @_@
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:14 pm

Currently at the inverted castle area in 悪魔城ドラクラX: 月下の夜想曲 (US title: Symphony of the Night)
Azier the Swordsman

Postby Rogie » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:21 am

Well, I'm playing 4 games now, since I got them for Christmas: Super Mario 64 DS, Mario Power Tennis, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes.

(Can anyone say, "Nintendo Fanboy"?)
Zar wrote:Praise God for all things awesome. Life ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But sanctify the Lord your God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
-- 1 Peter 3:15
Rogie

Postby Chichiri » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:08 am

rogie_san wrote:Well, I'm playing 4 games now, since I got them for Christmas: Super Mario 64 DS, Mario Power Tennis, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes.

nah. they are just good games. that's all :)
耳の後ろに洗うことが忘れないよ
Chichiri

Postby righteous_slave » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:58 am

Animal Crossing, the great endless game, with my two-story, full basement house (not paid off yet) and Super Mario Sunshine, with only 15 shines collected so far. I lack both the money and time to invest in the brand new games, just have to patiently await the greatest hits versions.
ImageImage
You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. Rom. 6:18

God can do anything, anytime, anyway He wants to.......if He wants to paint me blue and hang me upside down nekkid from an apple tree, thats alright, as long as it's God doing it. Of course, if He comes through with a directive like that, I might have to ask for some I.D. Michael Wanke
righteous_slave

Postby Golden_Griff » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:29 am

rogie_san wrote:Well, I'm playing 4 games now, since I got them for Christmas: Super Mario 64 DS, Mario Power Tennis, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes.

"Hmm, there are more Mario/Nintendo fans here than what I had previously thought" :stressed: said Griff to herself.

righteous_slave wrote:Animal Crossing, the great endless game, with my two-story, full basement house (not paid off yet) and Super Mario Sunshine, with only 15 shines collected so far. I lack both the money and time to invest in the brand new games, just have to patiently await the greatest hits versions.

Yeehaw! I only had my house upgraded for a little over a week and I'm almost ready for another! Thanks to fishing out those stringfish (I caught 3 of these supposedly rare fish and sold them for 15k a piece)! But if I knew Tom was going to close his store today I would have went ahead and paid all of my loan back yesterday :shady:

...oops, I'm sorry :red:. I'm just running off at the mouth :sweat:...
My art album! (Click Here!) :cool:

Proud member of P.W.M.O.U.W.I.A.T.M.A. : People Who Make Odd and Ugly Words In an Attempt To Make Acronymns.

"You don't have to be great to start, but you do have to start to be great."--Joe Sabah
Golden_Griff

Postby Elric_kun » Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:38 pm

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
Elric_kun

Postby madphilb » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:53 pm

I've been switching up a bunch of stuff:

Unreal II
Harry Potter: Chamber of Secrets
Galleon
Mech Assault
Time Splitters 2

I'm itching to play some Morrowind too, but I might resist ;)

I've also got the Haunted Mansion game and Lord of the Rings Third Age here to play too.... guess I should start finishing something, hate having so many unfinished games going.
PHIL

Member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone!! Join the fight!!
madphilb

Postby Hitokiri » Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:02 pm

Tales of Symphonia (ever since I beat the Fire Seal bos, I havn't put down the controller :lol: )
Hitokiri

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:37 pm

Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. As far as Star Wars games its alright, but nothing special, (to me every game pales in comparision to the Thief games and Age of Empires 1 and 2).
Warrior 4 Jesus

Previous Next

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews