The History of CAA

Talk about anything in here.

The History of CAA

Postby Mr. Rogers » Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:50 pm

I think we need to make Ashley write us something about the history of CAA. How she got the idea, put it together, and how it went from a small board to a huge board with over 2,300 members. all that stuff. :brow:
Mr. Rogers

Postby c-girl » Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:57 pm

>"< Yes Ashley! I believe you owe us an explanation.... *folds arms* >-.-<.... >^^< lol. joking!
I live to love and love to live! >^.^<
ImageImage
I am part of The No Group.. Group.. >"<.. >0.o<
~Real guys go for real down to Mars girls ~ "Roses" by Outkast
c-girl

Location: Omg! It's a flying bird!!! *runs away while you're distracted*

Postby ssj2gohan61 » Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:36 pm

umm i think i read something about it somewhere once before but i forget where and what it said so yes Ashley please do give us a new piece of history...thanks
Love is that feeling you get when a girl looks at you and it feels like your driving a car at high speeds and experience a sudden drop. You know what i mean? That sudden sinking feeling you get in your stomach? Yeah, that's love. Leave's you speechless everytime.
ssj2gohan61

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:36 pm

i demand an explanation on the birth of caa!
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby CDLviking » Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:59 pm

Looks like it's time for the monthly "How did CAA get started?" thread. :lol:
CDLviking

Postby R. Zion » Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:01 pm

In the beginning, God created HTML....
R. Zion

Postby c.t.,girl » Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:04 pm

BIG TIME ROTFL!!!! you guys are so funny!!
[color="DarkOrange"]"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things... hey... the good things don't always soften the bad things; but vice-versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." -11th Doctor

"The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who’ll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you’re sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that’s almost never the case." - Chuck Close[/color]
c.t.,girl

Postby christianfriend » Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:10 pm

yes..Ashley..give us some fact about caa..NOW!! JK!
[font="Lucida Console"][align=center]“The [color="Magenta"]best[/color] kind of [color="Magenta"]friend[/color] is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.â€
christianfriend

Postby Kura Ookami » Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:23 am

Ashley do not feel presured to write anything up on the history of CAA. By all means write something up if you want to, but i expect you're too busy to write too much. Having said that a history on CAA would be quite intresting. Again do not feel pressured into writing the history of CAA.
Absence is to love as wind is to a flame. It extinguishes the little, it ignites the great.

Life is a test. It is only a test. Had this been real life you would have have been instructed where to go and what to do.

When i argue with reality I lose.....But only 100% of the time.

Once you've decided on a course of action, only you can finish it. As long as you remember that, there's nothing you can't accomplish.
Kura Ookami

Postby glitch1501 » Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:42 am

CDLviking wrote:Looks like it's time for the monthly "How did CAA get started?" thread. :lol:

lol no kidding!

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby Stephen » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:30 am

Uh oh Ashley...the fans are clammoring.
Stephen

Postby Ashley » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:23 am

It's a good thing I saved my reply the last time I answered this question. :lol:

Alright, August 2001 is when I first had the idea. It was inspired by a line I read in a Gilbert Morris book. I don't exactly remember the quote, but it did get me thinking about anime and how could I bring that area of my life under God's control. I had been on the internet for some time now and I was aware of little "cliques"; basically just small sites with a list of names. That's what CAA originally started out to be, a huge webring of Christian anime fans. For the first three months, it was very slow--there was only one other name on the list besides mine, and that was from my shinto-dabbling friend who felt sorry for me. Like the pilgrims, that "first winter" was pretty hard on me, and I nearly gave up on the idea. But for some reason (hindsight is a wonderful thing) I kept it alive. Slowly, word got around and more people joined. That next february or so, we had enough members to consider creating a group at MSN Groups-a small, free and very basic forum. Again, I cannot emphasize how small we were back then--there were maybe at tops 10-15 people that posted frequently. Archan (Josh) was the member I felt the closest to, so I made him assistant manager for when I was gone/busy with school work to help keep an eye on things. Shortly before that, Gypsy joined and brought along with her Aaron and Shatterheart (though under different names). When I was on a break from CAA, a fight broke out and Shatterheart made a very, very bold stand for what he believed was right. When I returned, I was taken aback by his post--just the confidence, the biblical-based argument, and the humility with which he said what he did. I immediately emailed him and asked if he would consider joining the staff with me. Thus, Shatterheart is the oldest staff member. ^^ After that, somehow we ended up talking to each other on the chat built in, and then I got to know Gypsy and Aaron really well too (we ended up becoming friends outside of CAA and to this day remain closer than siblings).

So we stayed at MSN, slowly growing day by day. We had lots of good memories tied up in that place, sort of like the couple that looks back fondly on their first apartment. No, it wasn't perfect, but it was home. Gypsy joined the staff too as we got bigger. By Christmas 2002, we had really outgrown the msn groups forum and were considering a forum like the one we have here. Shatterheart and I spent countless nights trying to upgrade the forums to “ikonboardâ€
Ashley

Postby agasfas » Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:34 am

Such a beautiful story.... :::sniff:::
Good history with only room to grow... :thumb:
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby Jasdero » Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:42 am

XD Now... the future of CAA... ^^
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Postby shooraijin » Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:12 pm

Stickied, since I'm sure someone will ask again. ^_^
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Mithrandir » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:07 pm

Good call...
Mithrandir

Postby c.t.,girl » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:15 pm

wow! that's soooo cool! i just want to say if it hadn't have been for this place i think i would have fallen into a lot of bad things. thanks! :hug: :thumb:
[color="DarkOrange"]"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things... hey... the good things don't always soften the bad things; but vice-versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." -11th Doctor

"The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who’ll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you’re sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that’s almost never the case." - Chuck Close[/color]
c.t.,girl

Postby Stephen » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:16 pm

Seems like only yesterday BOB? was running around Asking Riana to help him fix a multiple account messup caused by MSN....*laughs* Old Skool right here baby. \m/
Stephen

Postby c.t.,girl » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:18 pm

huh? :eh: :eyebrow:

c.t.,girl

Postby Swordguy » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:36 pm

Jeremiah 29
11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD , "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I think someone has had their hand in this place.
I used to "Follow" Him because i had to....now i would give everything to follow Him.

Me check it out!

Quest for the True Grail

rei wrote:"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."
"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."
"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."
"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."
"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."

[quote="The forgoten"] .â€
Swordguy

Location: The Largest chunk of concrete these united states know.

Postby ice122985 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:05 am

i just wanna say...

Thank God for CAA.

Peace out, folks.
undefined

Before honor is humility
ice122985

Postby Sharon Rose » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:57 am

Omg, that's a great story. Absolutely fantastic. I'm really glad I'm apart of this now.
A Face Without Freckles Is Like A Sky Without Stars :angel:

"Forbearing one another and forgiving one another, if any man quarrel against any, even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye." -Colossians 3:13

:dance:
Sharon Rose

Postby Jman » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:05 pm

Yeah Lets all make ashley right a master thesus on the history of CAA!

Adopter of Locke *0/0*
Adopter of Felix *0/0*
Adopter of Insanewithapen *0/0*
Adopter of Zelda27 *0/0*
Adopter of Sakura's Wings *0/0*
Adoptee of Cap'n Crack *0/0*

---
"It never hurts to try to make new friends, except when it does hurt…
but that's only when you're trying to make friends with a charging rhinoceros." ~ HolySoldier5000

---
"But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed. "
-Isaiah 53:5

|J|c|r|e|w| --- Jman's Antidrug
---
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
Help Him Achieve World Domination...

---
It’s not like we hate him or want him to die
Jman

Postby Sam*ron » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:09 pm

What a cute story. SHATTERHEART! You rock! :rock: And Ashley, I really want to thank you for going through all that to get this. I luv ya!!!!! :hug:
( Shatterheart doesn't get a hug ^__^;;; )
Thank you Admins & Mods - @)}~`,~
Sam*ron

Postby Dragon Master » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:13 pm

Hey! You forgot a part! "then on October 6, 2004 one of the most awesomist people joined the site, Dragon Master!" JK JK! No really thats awesome! Thank you Ashley and all other admins and mods for making this such a cool place!
I like hitting things :lickbash:
Dragon Master

Postby Kinkosami » Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:23 pm

Hey thanks a lot for that info. I've been wanting to ask this question for a while, and now I finally have it answered. Thanks a ton! :thumb:
*~My Signature Image~*
Look at it, you'll be glad you did!

[Minitokyo][FanFiction]

~CLICK HERE~
Kinkosami

Postby Madeline » Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:09 pm

That is so cool! ^___________^
CAA is so awesome...*hugs CAA*
Madeline

Postby Zilch » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:28 am

(chuckles) Shatterheart IS going old skool. Well...I might as well, too...

(b)(b)(b)(b)(b)(b)(b)(b)(b)(b)(b)(b)

Root beers all around!!!

Hard to believe I was member #50-some-odd on that old MSN board...*sigh*..good times...good times...
Uh-oh! Your sig have started to move! -- MOES.

I suppose you could find females attracted to you if you stop being bad at flirting. -MSP
Zilch

Postby Jeikobu » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:44 am

Wow, really cool to hear how this board got started. I'm still a complete newbie here, but already I'm feeling more and more at home. May CAA continue to grow! ^^
"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

[SIZE="3"]Please give and help Japan during this awful time![/SIZE]

Please visit my Photobucket and tell me what you think!
Jeikobu

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:32 pm

WAAAHHH that was so amazing! :waah!:
Mr. SmartyPants

Next

Return to General