Head Count

Talk about anything in here.

Re: Head Count

Postby Peanut » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:52 pm

Nate wrote:And don't even think about suggesting video LPs because that's an even worse idea.

So I take your going to be streaming on Twitch then. :P
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Kaori » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:11 pm

Goodness, this thread is like a Who's Who of CAA. Hello everyone! (。・д・)ノ゙

Nice to see so many people still lurking around, and welcome to all the new members, too.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby MangaRocks! » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:41 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:Anybody still alive here?

Well, I occasionally de-lurk to post either a pithy statement or (much more commonly) an absolutely massive wall of text, and then go back to lurking for months at a time, LOL. :P But yes, still here. :thumb:
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:55 am

Good to see you all still around too! ^^ Honestly, I think of so many different people whom I've fallen out of touch with from this site and getting to see how you people are doing makes me feel so good. :)
mysngoeshere56

Postby SierraLea » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:48 pm

I posted more when I didn't have a ball of sunshine, but I'm still around.
"I tell you, if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out." (Luke 19:37-40).
Exceptionally Ordinary
"No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else." P.T.Barnam
SierraLea

Postby Furen » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:48 pm

Nate wrote:lol good jokes. I lost that save file ages ago and it's too much work to get back where I was and also take screenshots and sort them out and also Photobucket sucks now and it just ain't happening. :B

And don't even think about suggesting video LPs because that's an even worse idea.

I concur, Photobucket sucks. *Looks at signature*

Nice to see you back. I saw your PFP and though "What? Nate was on?"
It got a lot quieter after the site updated. Which was always sad to me. We were so active.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Furen » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:49 pm

mysngoeshere56 wrote:Good to see you all still around too! ^^ Honestly, I think of so many different people whom I've fallen out of touch with from this site and getting to see how you people are doing makes me feel so good. :)

Sno! I see your posts on Facebook periodically. I always loved talking to you, so I'm glad we've continued, even if only casually and infrequently.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:56 am

Dang, its nice to see some people are/were still alive here.
I just remembered this place and came back to see how it was. I'm surprised and happy XD
How is everyone? :)
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby shooraijin » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:49 pm

Living the dream.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:24 am

Furen wrote:
mysngoeshere56 wrote:Good to see you all still around too! ^^ Honestly, I think of so many different people whom I've fallen out of touch with from this site and getting to see how you people are doing makes me feel so good. :)

Sno! I see your posts on Facebook periodically. I always loved talking to you, so I'm glad we've continued, even if only casually and infrequently.

Oh yes, I love hearing from you too! :D I just now signed in and saw this message - hello again to everybody else! I miss so many people on here.
mysngoeshere56

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:36 am

Wow, I log in for the first time in a year and see that Sno was here! Hiiiiiiii!! It's so good to see you!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Cheetah » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:16 am

People probably don't remember me. Been a while since I've logged on. Nice to see a few familiar people. Hi!
Cheetah

Postby shooraijin » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:34 pm

Meow.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:59 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:Wow, I log in for the first time in a year and see that Sno was here! Hiiiiiiii!! It's so good to see you!

Good to see you too! ^^ Been a while since we've talked - I should send you an email sometime! Also nice to see you, Cheetah! Hope you're doing well!

Also LOL - a long, long time ago I was known on several forms for saying "meow" when I didn't know what else to say! ;) That brought me straight back to my high school memories shoorajin, though come to think of it I actually still was in high school back when I first joined this site. Gosh hard to believe it's been that long....
mysngoeshere56

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:15 am

Cheetah wrote:People probably don't remember me. Been a while since I've logged on. Nice to see a few familiar people. Hi!

I rememberrrrrrrr though its been a long time XD Hope you've been doing well :hug:
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby SierraLea » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:30 am

I swing by sometimes. Does anyone remember me?
"I tell you, if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out." (Luke 19:37-40).
Exceptionally Ordinary
"No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else." P.T.Barnam
SierraLea

Postby shooraijin » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:57 am

Natch.

shooraijin

Postby Yahshua » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:07 pm

Yeah I am still alive but have not have much time to check up at CAA due to time constraint For I am a seminarian at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary at Louisville Kentucky. Study at the degree of Master of Divinity in Biblical and Theological Studies. So now got sometimes to rest and post this to the head counts.

Ps have one month of rest break from study the things of divine and have sometimes to kills which good anime do you all recommend?
Yahshua

Postby shooraijin » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:14 pm

Welcome back, Yahshua. Congratulations on your studies!

shooraijin

Postby Kaori » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:57 am

Welcome back! That's awesome that you're studying theology.

For anime, if you haven't seen the original Patlabor TV series, Haibane Renmei, or Wolf Children yet, no time like the present (I have no idea what you have and haven't seen, but hope that helps).
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.

MAL
Kaori

Postby Old Man Zilch » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:11 am

It's been 13 years and at least one forgotten password since I was last here.

13 years, one wife, three kids, roughly six or seven jobs, a proper conversion, theology change, and two years of Bible college behind me.

What's that, you whippersnappers? How long ago did I join CAA? I was actually a member when this was an MSN group board, going on 17(!) years or so ago. I can remember when shoorajin's sig included "In my professional medical opinion, you're sick!" One of the last threads I was in was a Jam Session topic on Soul Fest 2007, and going back through my profile, I am a cautionary tale to the proverb that the internet never forgets what you say. This place taught me just about everything I know about interacting with people online, and it's a bit insane to still see it still standing in the midst of an increasingly homogenizing social media world.

(Oh, geez, I need to make an avatar. Reddit has spoiled me and completely ruined my ability to forum.)
Old Man Zilch

Postby shooraijin » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:35 pm

Hmmm. Well, I still think that, but welcome back.

shooraijin

Postby Kaori » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:00 pm

Hi Zilch, nice to see you.

It is pretty quiet here these days, but in the end there is really nothing else like forum-style interaction . . . which I guess is why I'm still here.

MAL
Kaori

Postby shooraijin » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:33 pm

It sure beats Facebook.

shooraijin

Postby Furen » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:46 am

Yahshua wrote:Yeah I am still alive but have not have much time to check up at CAA due to time constraint For I am a seminarian at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary at Louisville Kentucky. Study at the degree of Master of Divinity in Biblical and Theological Studies. So now got sometimes to rest and post this to the head counts.

Good stuff. I'm working through seminary myself now!
Furen

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:35 pm

Hmm... Is this what a highschool reunion feels like? (Only, more spread out?)
Rusty Claymore

Postby Kaori » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:38 pm

Hey, welcome back, Rusty!

MAL
Kaori

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:16 pm

Kaori wrote:Hey, welcome back, Rusty!

n_n/) It's a bit surreal, seeing all these names and avatars being the same after all these years, haha.
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Furen » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:52 am

Rusty Claymore wrote:
Kaori wrote:Hey, welcome back, Rusty!

n_n/) It's a bit surreal, seeing all these names and avatars being the same after all these years, haha.

For sure. If you want, I know that a few of us have a Discord that you're welcome to join. Many members aren't there, and there's probably smaller groups with members spread in other places, but I haven't found those places yet.

Feel free to join us buddy!
https://discord.gg/RjgGrbS
Furen

Postby Kaligraphic » Fri May 21, 2021 11:38 pm

I've counted my head, and I still only have one up there. Was this number expected to change?
Kaligraphic

Previous Next

Return to General