It's been ages...

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

It's been ages...

Postby Sammy Boy » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:49 am

It's been years ... I kept thinking about this forum but with work and family duties it gets hard.

I hope everyone's been well. I think last time I was here my kid was not yet born or still very young, now she's in school ... how time flies (and how quickly I get old).

Take care all. :)
Sammy Boy

Re: It's been ages...

Postby Furen » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:36 pm

It's usually fairly quiet around here, but it's good to see you again, Sammy. I hope things have been going well.
Your kid is already in school. Time does fly. How has that been?
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Sammy Boy » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:22 am

Thanks Furen, hope you have been well too.

Time does fly, and now I feel old(er). Like whenever I have to stoop down to pull out weeds in the yard, my back complains to me the next day. It's possibly a side effect of not doing enough / any exercise. LOL.

There was a time when I'd go to the gym regularly, but man, after my daughter was born, it was work, housework, school stuff, etc. I am fortunate my wife and I can tag team the school drop offs and pick ups, so that on the days she does the pick ups I stay back late at work to make up for extra hours (which also partially explains why I have no time for the gym).

And to be truthful, I've just been kinda lazy. Like after doing all of the admin tasks and errands for the day, I realised the time was close to 11pm already.

I am hoping to make some small but important changes - like doing 5 - 10 minutes of intensive exercise a day and seeing if that makes any difference (I do spend around 30-40 minutes a day walking as part of my commute to and from work, but walking isn't "intensive" enough for me).

Then whenever I get some spare time I go online and read about toys and action figures (it helps me "de-stress"). :D
Sammy Boy

Postby Kaori » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:15 pm

Good to see you again; glad to hear things are (mostly) well with you and your family.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Return to Who's Who