Head Count

Talk about anything in here.

Head Count

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:11 am

Anybody still alive here?
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Re: Head Count

Postby Kaori » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:46 pm

I lurk around from time to time.

Do I remember correctly that you lived in Tokyo at one point, or am I thinking of someone else?
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby shooraijin » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:57 pm

I log in pretty much every day to clean up the spam you don't see, and reply to head count posts. :P
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby K. Ayato » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:51 pm

I'm an admin for the Facebook group called The Bridge.
K. Ayato

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:31 pm

Kaori wrote:I lurk around from time to time.

Do I remember correctly that you lived in Tokyo at one point, or am I thinking of someone else?

You are correct! I still live in Tokyo, actually. At least till I graduate in June. After that I'm still not sure. Good to see you lurking around!

shooraijin wrote:I log in pretty much every day to clean up the spam you don't see, and reply to head count posts. :P

Shoorajin! Thanks so much for all you do for CAA (and for responding to my head count. :lol: )

K. Ayato wrote:I'm an admin for the Facebook group called The Bridge.

K-chan!! Good to see you!
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Postby ClosetOtaku » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:36 pm

I drop in once in a while.
ClosetOtaku

Postby Jacko » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:29 am

Wow, its been a while. I don't think i have posted here in around like 6 or 7 years? somewhere around then. Forgot my old account and password and made a new one to post this, Just remembered this place today. It sucks that there isn't much activity anymore though :/
Jacko

Postby rocklobster » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:15 pm

I honestly thought this board was probably dead these days! Glad to see I'm wrong!
rocklobster

Postby Peanut » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:50 pm

I exist.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby ariannablove » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:27 pm

My goodness! There are still people here! Horray!
Go in peace to love and serve The Lord. - Anglican Benediction
ariannablove

Postby rocklobster » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:20 pm

ariannablove wrote:My goodness! There are still people here! Horray!

Yeah, but mostly crickets. Sigh. FB has nearly made these message boards obsolete. :(
Do you have a FB account? I won't be back on till Holy Saturday, but we could still meet up.
rocklobster

Postby ariannablove » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:39 am

Aw, no thanks, bro. Thanks for the offer though! I've had some bad experiences with meeting up with people through Facebook for fan groups.

I hope your Lent is going well though!
Go in peace to love and serve The Lord. - Anglican Benediction
ariannablove

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:47 am

Was just thinking of this place so I thought I'd log in. :) Hello you all!
mysngoeshere56

Postby rocklobster » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:36 am

ariannablove wrote:Aw, no thanks, bro. Thanks for the offer though! I've had some bad experiences with meeting up with people through Facebook for fan groups.

I hope your Lent is going well though!

Considering FB was down two days this week, I was spared some anger during that time. :forehead:
It's amazing Reddit gets traction while message boards like this don't. I mean Reddit is one big message board for everything.
rocklobster

Postby Yak_Forger » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:11 am

There are even people reporting on the forum from Russia! :lol:
And I'd say that Reddit gets more traction BECAUSE it's a message board for everything, people want everything right now, so they can register on Reddit and have everything at the same place instead of being registered on two dozen boards. It's not unlike ordering from Amazon instead of ordering from five different stores...
Last edited by shooraijin on Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: it's a mild expletive but please don't
Yak_Forger

Postby Lady Arianrod » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:25 pm

Yeah, I do check the forum every now and then too! I am back into anime again also. I hope you are all doing well!
Lady Arianrod

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:38 am

Oooh, peeps! Good to see everybody's still kicking.

ClaecElric4God

Postby MightiMidget » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:50 pm

I've basically fallen entirely out of contact with the anime world, especially the Christian anime peeps. Trying to connect with a few people on Twitter, but after going dark for 5-6 years due to health issues I feel like total deep end... sigh. But it's super nice to see that some people DO still poke this board. I was really disappointed when I checked in and was like "Nothing is happening. What?" Have people migrated to another place that I could possibly reconnect?
MightiMidget

Postby shooraijin » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:00 pm

Haven't really seen alternatives, no.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby K. Ayato » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:57 am

Again, I'm one of the newest admins/mods for the Facebook group called The Bridge. It was created in the aftermath of Fans for Christ.
K. Ayato

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:29 pm

MightiMidget wrote:I've basically fallen entirely out of contact with the anime world, especially the Christian anime peeps. Trying to connect with a few people on Twitter, but after going dark for 5-6 years due to health issues I feel like total deep end... sigh. But it's super nice to see that some people DO still poke this board. I was really disappointed when I checked in and was like "Nothing is happening. What?" Have people migrated to another place that I could possibly reconnect?

Oh wow! I remember you - I actually wondered where you seemed to disappear to. It's good to see you around again! :)
mysngoeshere56

Postby Mouse2010 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:38 pm

Hi everyone! I miss this place. I've been working on my creative writing a lot, and that takes up most of my "spare" time. I have a career and three kids now, so . . . not a lot of anime time. But lately I've been missing anime and wanting to rewatch some old favorites, so I thought I'd pop in here and say hi!
Mouse2010

Postby Davidizer13 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:22 pm

I'm alive, and watching. Always watching. Having kids doesn't allow for much anime time, but it's still a good life.

Most of the cool kids (and a few lamers like me) moved over to the Discord server, which is reasonably active. Give it a look-see: https://discord.gg/zqeWnAP
Davidizer13

Postby Furen » Mon May 06, 2019 3:42 pm

I happily would still, but at the speed the forum moves, if I log in once a quarter, I'm not terribly behind the threads.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Zarn Ishtare » Sun May 12, 2019 1:32 am

I maintain my poetry thread in the Writing forum every month or so, been awhile since it's gotten any comments but lord knows the whole site has slowed down.

Gosh, I sure do miss a lot of folks from here, I hope they're all well.
Zarn Ishtare

Postby MightiMidget » Sat May 25, 2019 6:53 pm

mysngoeshere56 wrote:
MightiMidget wrote:I've basically fallen entirely out of contact with the anime world, especially the Christian anime peeps. Trying to connect with a few people on Twitter, but after going dark for 5-6 years due to health issues I feel like total deep end... sigh. But it's super nice to see that some people DO still poke this board. I was really disappointed when I checked in and was like "Nothing is happening. What?" Have people migrated to another place that I could possibly reconnect?

Oh wow! I remember you - I actually wondered where you seemed to disappear to. It's good to see you around again! :)

Nice to see you too! :D *waves wildly*
MightiMidget

Postby Nate » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:51 am

I logged in today to get the text from my classic "Godzilla is the greatest Christian movie" post and I decided I might as well be the first post for the month of June. I don't remember when I last logged in and it's been years since I posted.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby shooraijin » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:19 am

Well, welcome back anyhoo. :)

shooraijin

Postby IPv4 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:27 am

Can't wait for more of Nates final fantasy gameplays
IPv4

Postby Nate » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:26 pm

lol good jokes. I lost that save file ages ago and it's too much work to get back where I was and also take screenshots and sort them out and also Photobucket sucks now and it just ain't happening. :B

And don't even think about suggesting video LPs because that's an even worse idea.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Next

Return to General