Wisdom Teeth

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Wisdom Teeth

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:32 am

So hey, Just got my wisdom teeth taken out Wednesday, things are going smooth so far. Well, mostly??? I didn't know quite where to put this but I have a huuuuge question. So the doctor prescribed amoxicillin to shut down any chance of infection but when I started taking it I got itchy and started getting rash on my legs and feet. So my family said I should stop taking it, I can't get in contact with the doctor's office since they're closed for the coming holiday, I know I should be taking the antibiotic, but I am regularly rinsing with salt water and I just started back brushing my teeth today.
I'd really just like to avoid an infection at all costs >_<
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Re: Wisdom Teeth

Postby Lynna » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:14 am

Wow, that's a tough one, I'll be praying that you figure something out! How long is the office going to be closed? I would take the medicin for just a few more days to be safe.
Lynna

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:31 am

Sorry, didn't clarify, until the 4th :/ I would but, they made me feel super uncomfortable and awful? It's odd since I took amoxicillin before for tonsillitis and it never gave me issues :( Thankyou for your prayers <3

Postby K. Ayato » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:10 pm

Sounds like an allergic reaction.
K. Ayato

Postby ClosetOtaku » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:09 pm

I have the same skin reaction to Amoxicillin. When I reported it (and went to the ER), they took me off of it and put me on sulfa. I'm now prohibited from taking anything in the penicillin family. While that was just me, it probably isn't a bad thing that you went off of it. But I would follow up with them as soon as practicable.
ClosetOtaku

Postby ClosetOtaku » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:11 pm

Oh, and yes, I'd taken penicillin and amoxicillin before as a child, so the response seems to be one that develops over time.
ClosetOtaku

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:24 pm

Okay, I'm trying to clean after eating and such extra good but gently so I don't have any infection. It's good to hear I'm not the only one, and I'll try and get in touch as soon as possible.

Postby Sheenar » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:48 am

You can also try contacting the pharmacist --sometimes their staff can contact the doctor's office and get a different antibiotic prescribed.

I pray that your recovery is smooth! I had all 4 wisdom teeth taken out in 2006 and it wasn't too bad at all. I ate a lot of mashed potatoes. haha
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby K. Ayato » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:44 am

Sucks finding out you're allergic to a prescribed medication. Happened with me some years ago. Praying you heal :).
K. Ayato

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:45 pm

Thanks for all the support and prayers guys <3 I kinda have another question, is it supposed to look all white and gross at the extraction site? I'm reaaaally nervous about it :(

Postby K. Ayato » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:59 am

Find a doc. That doesn't sound good at all.
K. Ayato

Postby IPv4 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:24 pm

humans can survive a long time without food, why not just drink water instead of eating?
IPv4

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:59 pm

IPv4 wrote:humans can survive a long time without food, why not just drink water instead of eating?

Better eat soup.
Galatians 3:13 NIV: Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”

Luke 6:31 NIV (The Golden Rule): Do to others as you would have them do to you.

“Too much of anything is dangerous, unless it's God's Love.”
― Reign

You seem happy from the bottom of your heart. That also makes me me just as happy.
-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

Statement of faith: http://www.filedropper.com/statementoffaith @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
TheChocolateGamer

Postby IPv4 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:42 pm

TheChocolateGamer wrote:
IPv4 wrote:humans can survive a long time without food, why not just drink water instead of eating?

Better eat soup.

What? Soup is also food and will make the mouth unclean.
IPv4

Postby K. Ayato » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:32 pm

Time to stop asking for medical advice and have a professional check it out.
K. Ayato

Postby Sheenar » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:23 am

K. Ayato wrote:Time to stop asking for medical advice and have a professional check it out.

Very much so. This isn't really something to mess around with. Please go get checked out.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:14 am

Oh, yikes, I am soooo sorry guys~! So I finally got in touch with office Saturday (they have a line specifically if you're having issues that need attention right away). The lady said the white was normal, that's how the gum tissue looks when it first regrows, and that the flavor is also normal unfortunately. I'm much, much better now, and am able to speak clearly and I've started eating slightly more solid stuff (being really cautious).
Thankyou guys for all the love, support, and prayers ^-^
EDIT: Also, I have zero pain so I'm not in danger of having an infection or anything, thank goodness

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:41 pm

Glad things went out well! :)
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”-Oscar Wilde

“Books change us. Books save us. I know this because it happened to me.”Elif Shafak

"Don't stop unbelieving, never give into your unfeelings"-Mabel Pines, Gravity Falls
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby Sheenar » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:57 am

Glad to hear you are doing okay!

Sheenar

Return to Prayer Room