Hello, I am new

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Hello, I am new

Postby JacobSmith89 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:58 pm

Hello,
I am a 15 year old Christian boy from Virginia who has been watching anime for about a year and I have completed about 33 anime and anime movies. Before you ask, my name is not Jacob Smith, it is just my online name. My favorite genre is drama and my current favorite series is Sola, followed closely by Gunslinger Girl, Your Lie in April, and Terror in Resonance. I have been using this site to find reviews on anime since I began, but just recently made an account, and it has been a blessing. It has helped me many times. For instance, at one time I was wondering about School Days and High School of the Dead, because I had wondered if they were any good for a while (I was very new at the time) thanks to these reviews, I was able to see that those particular two were utter rubbish. So praise the Lord that I found that out in time :)
Thank you,
JacobSmith89
Isaiah 41:10: "Fear thou not, for I am with thee; be not dismayed, for I am thy God. I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of My righteousness."
"Fake people have an image to maintain, real people just don't care." -Hachiman Hikigaya
JacobSmith89

Re: Hello, I am new

Postby Thunderscream872 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:16 pm

Hey, and welcome. Hope you enjoy it here, even though things seem to be really slow lately. Then again, I wouldn't really know being that this the first time I've signed in after probably about two months (school and work are very time consuming).

Unfortunately, I can't say that I've seen any of the anime that you mentioned. I really want to see Terror in Resonance, though. I'll get to watching the others as well eventually.

Since it kinda seems to be a thing to ask new members questions: What kind of music are you into?
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby Sheenar » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:12 pm

Welcome! Glad you have joined us! :)

Gunslinger Girl is a great series. Have you seen the 2nd series? I think it's called Gunslinger Girl II: El Treatino (spelling may be off).
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby shooraijin » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:50 pm

Welcome.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby John_Smith » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:37 pm

Waitaminute, I have a brother?

JacobSmith89 wrote:Before you ask, my name is not Jacob Smith, it is just my online name.

Oh, darn. Still doesn’t make you any less awesome. It’s my understanding, back before even my time, that this forum was once overrun by pandas. (they’ve since mostly gone off elsewhere) So, I see no reason why the forums cannot now be ruled by a clan of Smiths.

I offer you a bowl of orange chicken, and inform you of my fellow appreciation for Gunslinger Girl. I thought the first season was perhaps a little slow, but Teatrino was awesome.

I’ve never heard of Sola, though. Quick skim on wikipedia and it looks interesting.

Welcome to the forum, stick around!
John_Smith

Postby JacobSmith89 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:56 pm

To answer all your questions: I enjoy listening to '80s rock, alt CCM, and soft rock as well as CCM.
I have seen Il Teatrino, funny story actually, I did not watch Gunslinger Girl until I saw that it was uploaded to Netflix. I had no idea if I should watch Il Teatrino first or not, so I ended up watching it backwards.
I am not surprised that you have not seen most of the anime that are my favorites, considering I tend to watch the lesser known ones.(Minus Terror in Resonance and Your Lie in April) Sola was brought to my attention by a quiz actually, a quiz about what song from an anime I would like, and Sola's end theme came up as the result. So I Googled it and decided to watch it.
I enjoyed Il Teatrino more in almost every way. In fact, the opening is probably my favorite. :)
Isaiah 41:10: "Fear thou not, for I am with thee; be not dismayed, for I am thy God. I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of My righteousness."
"Fake people have an image to maintain, real people just don't care." -Hachiman Hikigaya
JacobSmith89

Postby John_Smith » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:36 pm

I actually missed your response at first because I just saw "J_____Smith," and assumed nobody had posted anything new. :D

Your sig is from Charlotte. I approve. :thumb:
John_Smith

Postby JacobSmith89 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:26 pm

John_Smith wrote:Your sig is from Charlotte. I approve. :thumb:
Finally! Someone who likes Charlotte! :D Everybody who I know IRL says that it has "Too many feels" for them, and they refuse to watch it. xD
JacobSmith89

Postby Wolfsong » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:07 am

Hey, welcome to CAA! The place is kinda quiet recently as the great Paperclip invasion sorta forced everyone to evacuate but there do seem to be people slowly working their way back in.
So its nice to meet you, watch out for the occasional paper clip because those things are deadly dangerous, and I hope you enjoy your stay!
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby John_Smith » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:39 am

JacobSmith89 wrote: Finally! Someone who likes Charlotte! :D Everybody who I know IRL says that it has "Too many feels" for them, and they refuse to watch it. xD

Out of all the shows I've seen from the company that made it, it's the least sad. And probably my favorite. Though, Angel Beats is a close second (and sadder).
John_Smith

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri May 06, 2016 5:36 am

Welcome, welcome.
Charlotte is awesome! I hope CAA continues to be a blessing to you. And now I shall quickly retreat into the shadows because I have nothing else meaningful to say. Except WATCH TSUBASA RESERVOIR CHRONICLE. This is all.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Tenchi_Starwind » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:11 pm

Hey, from someone who just stepped back in after almost a whole year, welcome and nice to meet you!...
I'm not really familiar with most of the anime you named, but I have been wanting to check out Gunslinger Girl, and if Charlotte is made by the same creators as Angel Beats I'm gonna definitely have to check that out... I actually like hearing of anime I've never heard of before, gives me something to research and investigate when I'm not putting those skills to any greater use, thanks.
Tenchi_Starwind

Return to Who's Who