What anime are you watching?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Re: What anime are you watching?

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:27 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:I have the greatest respect for anyone who actually has the patience to sit all the way through Jyu-Oh-Sei. So much disappointment from that series.

Honestly, I think knowing it was going to be a disappointment ahead of time makes it easier to get through :P Then why watch it? you might ask. Well, mostly just because I love Bones animation and Romi Paku. And the ending theme's good? *shrug*

Anyway, I'm now up to episode 10, so just one left.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby John_Smith » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:14 am

I’m currently watching Steins;Gate. Not the garden variety anime in terms of style, and I think a fresh take on time travel. This assistant is the most tsundere character in existence.

*prepares to be challenged*
John_Smith

Postby Sheenar » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:23 pm

I recently finished watching Erased on Crunchyroll. Definitely recommend it.

Also just finished Durarara!! x 2. Good series.

I'm tired, so I haven't expounded on either of those yet. Maybe I'll remember to come back and add more about those later.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby JacobSmith89 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:23 am

I just recently finished Maid Sama and Erased, and am now watching Higurashi, Toradora, and The Lost Village.
Isaiah 41:10: "Fear thou not, for I am with thee; be not dismayed, for I am thy God. I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of My righteousness."
"Fake people have an image to maintain, real people just don't care." -Hachiman Hikigaya
JacobSmith89

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:34 pm

I lately finished Plastic Memories (great anime :) )

In progress: Lucky Star, Haifuri, Pan de Peace, Sansha Sanyou

:angel: :angel: :angel:
Galatians 3:13 NIV: Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”

Luke 6:31 NIV (The Golden Rule): Do to others as you would have them do to you.

“Too much of anything is dangerous, unless it's God's Love.”
― Reign

You seem happy from the bottom of your heart. That also makes me me just as happy.
-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

Statement of faith: http://www.filedropper.com/statementoffaith @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
TheChocolateGamer

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat May 07, 2016 1:40 pm

Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit episode 11

I'm still completely flummoxed by them just blithely using their real names in front of all and sundry :eyebrow: But I loved the quiet confirmation that yes, my ship has sailed :D
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Mouse2010 » Mon May 23, 2016 10:05 pm

Library War episodes 10-12: Finally got around to finishing this one. Tough to say how I feel about this series. The premise was really interesting and really hard to believe at the same time. Throughout the whole show, I kept thinking "there's no way that the government would really ALLOW fighting like this between rival branches." And I was still saying that at the end; the series never won me over on that point.

BUT I did really like the overall message about the power of art and the need for freedom of expression. Kasahara did a great job of summing that up. I do like the way the show made the case that art and literature are worth fighting for; even potentially worth dying for.

I also have a mixed reaction to Kasahara as a protagonist. To be blunt, she annoyed me quite a bit at the beginning of the series. But I enjoyed watching her mature by the end.
Mouse2010

Postby Jhackler » Wed May 25, 2016 1:21 pm

Gate, however it just ended.
Jhackler

Postby Jhackler » Thu May 26, 2016 7:39 pm

JacobSmith89 wrote:I just recently finished Maid Sama and Erased, and am now watching Higurashi, Toradora, and The Lost Village.

Toradora was pretty good I enjoyed it. I have not heard of the other ones, however, I noticed the Charlotte gif under your post and assume you must have good taste in anime ;) . If you find any of those anime's you are watching particularly interesting, I would love to here about it.
Jhackler

Postby Mullet Death » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:14 pm

Rewatched Hayate the Combat Butler (which I really love) on beautiful BD (the animation quality of the last two seasons + movie in particular is just gorgeous) and now Nyankoi, which is not as bad as it may appear, but is in fact a pretty decent romcom and not a fan service show, despite what the BD back cover may make you think. Then I'm going to watch Glasslip, which I'm really excited about. Was a steal at $10.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Jhackler » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:42 pm

Mullet Death wrote:Rewatched Hayate the Combat Butler (which I really love) on beautiful BD (the animation quality of the last two seasons + movie in particular is just gorgeous) and now Nyankoi, which is not as bad as it may appear, but is in fact a pretty decent romcom and not a fan service show, despite what the BD back cover may make you think. Then I'm going to watch Glasslip, which I'm really excited about. Was a steal at $10.

I watched all 4 seasons and the movies for hayate the combat butler I enjoyed it :D
Jhackler

Postby NekoNinja16 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:23 pm

Sakamoto Desu Ga

So much awesome. It's just awesomeness that I watch every week. XD

Nijiiro Days

Okay, I like it, but my gosh, it feels eternal with these short weekly episodes...

Black Cat

Really liking it. A bit violent for my tastes... (RK is my standard? Like, don't wanna go much farther than that) ...but I just kinda look away if something gross happens. XD Train is awesome (I like him better after the skip~), he's like another Kenshin. :D And I just love Sven.

Shounen Maid

Somehow, I'm a bit embarrassed to list this one, but MAL says it ain't shonen-ai or yaoi, so I think at most it's more like Free? (throwing hints at crazy fangirls) Actually seems lighter once you get past the title and concept. XD It's not like he's wearing a skirt or anything. Just an apron and frills :D (I actually got my friend to watch it too lol) So funny, I like all the characters for once. XD jk
Just gonna stick a couple favorite quotes here.

"You can die at anytime. But living takes true courage. I'm living too, that I am. To repent for all the lives I took." -Kenshin Himura

"I would rather die as Blues than live forever as someone else." -Proto Man

Weird, they seem to be about dying. XD
NekoNinja16

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:57 am

Currently my boyfriend has gotten me really into Dragon Ball Z hehe. Enjoying so far~!
Tried the newest DRRR! season and good lord, I've forgotten everything that happened last time XD
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:35 pm

I finished Erased and it was really good. Who the murderer is was really just flat-out obvious, but at least the ending tied itself up nicely. I also started Kiznaiver and it's doing okay so far. I like the idea of everyone being connected in some way and there's some decent drama coming from it, so that's good. Hopefully the show doesn't fail to disappoint.
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”-Oscar Wilde

“Books change us. Books save us. I know this because it happened to me.”Elif Shafak

"Don't stop unbelieving, never give into your unfeelings"-Mabel Pines, Gravity Falls
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby Sundown » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:56 pm

I finally decided it was time I watched Cowboy Bebop. No regrets.
"Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you will get neither." C.S. Lewis
Sundown

Postby Thunderscream872 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:46 pm

Recently I've been much more entertained by Western shows than anime, but I started watching Wolf's Rain again, which is pretty solid. I plan to finish it up tomorrow. I'm also on episode 9 of Divine Gate, which is okay, but seriously feels like its being crammed into 12 episodes. I honestly feel that if this anime was at least 25 episodes, they'd be able to tell the story without it feeling a like a convoluted mess. Eh, I guess I enjoy it for what it is, though I can't see giving it more than a 6/10 if that.

I seriously gotta start watching more anime again, I feel like I'm falling behind, lol.
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby Rusty Claymore » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:53 am

Re-watching OreMonogatari (MY love story) with lil'sis, forgot just how great that one is! Watching Sketchbook -full colorS- on my own. It's mediocre, but I'm really enjoying it for some reason which may or may not be Azumanga Daioh.

Current season survivors are: Re:Zero, Tanaka-kun, Flying Witch, Kiznaiver, and Rin-ne.
Rusty Claymore

Postby NekoNinja16 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:15 pm

Finished Black Cat. I guess I can't blame people too much for not liking it by the end, but I still think some of them were being dramatic. It's a good story, with tone of good characters, the anime just rushed some things, especially the end. (and admittedly, some parts were hard to follow, they make have assumed too much of their viewers. The final battle jumped around a lot as well.) I started reading the manga first, so I wasn't upset when Train's personality "changed", since he was like that at the manga's start...

Still watching Shounen Maid and Sakamoto Desu Ga, and still enjoying both greatly. Sakamoto gives me laughs for it's ridiculousness and creativity, and Shounen Maid gives me fun and fluff. ^^ (and it's pretty darn clean, I think.)

Still watching Nijiiro Days too, but I'm almost done with it, in more ways than one. Kinda bugs me how long it's taking to get to the point, almost like Ishuukan Friends. (One Week Friends) several couples, non together yet (except for Yukirin and Tsuyopon, of course, who are my faves. Otaku couples are so cute.)

Started Working!! yesterday I think (I sure hope it wasn't earlier lol) and I'm up to like 6 episodes. A lot of things in it were ticking me off, but it's gotten better. Souta's sisters aren't as bad as their first appearance made them seem. Inami was driving me crazy, but she's gotten a bit better already. (I mostly don't like it when she blames someone else for her hitting them. But she hasn't done that much anymore, so it's okay. My fave is Satou, he's pretty cool. The blonde lady he likes irritates me now though. :shady: She's a little too attached to the manager and not-quite-sane-sometimes... Oh, and I love Souma. XD Looks like I'm in for a long-ish ride, three seasons and extras...

Um... I kinda started Orechi no Furo Jijou[/b since it said funny shorts and shoujo, but I'm not too sure... made it to 5, and it's mostly funny, but it has it's weird moments here and there. (I skipped that part with the octopus guy in that one episode, just cuz.)

And... let's see... Oh, I tried [b]Seitokai no Ichizon
, and it was funny in some ways (I liked the main guy lol), but I just didn't wanna deal with all that fanservice and stuff. (and references I don't care about/get) Same reason I quit GJ-bu and When Supernatural Events Become Commonplace(?). Apparently, I can't stand these clubs-that-do-nothing-and-have-only-one-guy shows. And for goodness sake, why must the "leader" of the club always be red/orange/pink haired and short-ish? The supernatural one was a bit different at least... but there, the GUY annoyed me. XD

Guess I'll just stick to Host Clubs and swimming clubs. -w-

"You can die at anytime. But living takes true courage. I'm living too, that I am. To repent for all the lives I took." -Kenshin Himura

NekoNinja16

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:34 pm

Silver Spoon season 2 episode 3 (because I'm tired of trying to calculate the actual number :eyeroll: )
Bwahaha, I always forget how much flak Hachiken gets even when he's not in a relationship with Mikage :lol:

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Sundown » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:02 am

Finished Cowboy Bebop a few days ago - it gives Madoka Magica a run for its money as my favorite series. I'm in love with the animation and of course that jazzy soundtrack.

As someone on another site stated about a certain episode: "This is the only show that can make you cry over guys scarfing down hard-boiled eggs."
"Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you will get neither." C.S. Lewis
Sundown

Postby NekoNinja16 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:03 pm

I'm watching Working!! again! o/ (why yes, I am insane.) Same for Black Cat, thing is I'm having my bro watch them now, and I watch them with him, so... *shrugs* Ahhh, Working is just SO much fun <33 I just wish it had a bigger fandom. At least there's lotsa GIFs on Tumblr. :P
Last edited by NekoNinja16 on Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NekoNinja16

Postby Mullet Death » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:44 am

Working is a fantastic anime, and I'm sure it has a decent amount of fans given its three season run. I have an Inami Mahiru Nendoroid that is incredibly adorable. Also, "Souma x Yamada?" What is wrong with people? Some anime fans... :comp: EDIT Again: I realize it may have sounded like I was talking about NekoNinja here, but I was really talking about the people who came up with this, and no doubt even go so far as to sexualize it, as the otaku "community" is inclined to do. I assume the worst because I've unfortunately seen far worse than that. My wording was probably too vague. That said, it's probably best to drop the topic from here on out.

I watched and finished Glasslip. Just... what? I have no idea what to even think of this anime. What I feel definitely isn't closure, though. But maybe that's intentional? WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO FEEL!?

Now I'm starting Uta No Prince Sama 1000%. As usual, going in blind, so no idea what to expect, but from the cover it looks like standard "reverse harem" shoujo fare, so I'm hoping for lots of silly hijinks.

Edited to be more respectful.
Last edited by Mullet Death on Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Mullet Death

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:25 am

"Souma x Yamada?" What is wrong with people? I hate anime fans...

It's better to say: ''I don't like (it's horrible to hate people) otaku (otherwise you insult yourself and innocent people)'', in a Japanese sense. Anime is sometimes terrible indeed, but it should not surprise you :( Just ignore the bad things. There are MORE terrible things in anime than that. :banned:

Working didn't quite work for me(stopped watching it in season 1). It wasn't particularly bad, but it just didn't work out for me.

I watched and finished Glasslip. Just... what? I have no idea what to even think of this anime. What I feel definitely isn't closure, though. But maybe that's intentional? WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO FEEL!?

Yeah....I have watched it too. Don't know how to feel it either. I just don't :?:
Galatians 3:13 NIV: Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”

Luke 6:31 NIV (The Golden Rule): Do to others as you would have them do to you.

“Too much of anything is dangerous, unless it's God's Love.”
― Reign

You seem happy from the bottom of your heart. That also makes me me just as happy.
-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

Statement of faith: http://www.filedropper.com/statementoffaith @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
TheChocolateGamer

Postby Sundown » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:21 pm

Just finished Episode 2 of Kino no Tabi / Kino's Journey - quite an interesting show so far!
Sundown

Postby Rusty Claymore » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:28 pm

I think that's about right.
It's been a while since I watched it, but I think the show itself was more about SPOILER: Highlight text to read: dealing with change than relationship closure. Everyone had an eclectic bushel of things they wanted to change, and things they wanted to keep the same. By the end, a lot had really changed, but it could be argued that nothing actually did. Running guy's (sorry guy, nobody said your name during my last episode refresh.) comment to Touko encapsulates it well: "You're the same as always... or are you?"
In a short: Change is frightening because we're afraid we'll lose things. But change doesn't take away from us, it makes more of us.

Or, I'm making the whole thing up. It's been awhile, and my most vivid memory of the show is the fireworks chibi backhand spring from the... closing? >_>
Rusty Claymore

Postby Jhackler » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:46 am

Re: zero and kiznaiver. These two show are just holly cow on the feels.
Jhackler

Postby Mullet Death » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:34 pm

Rusty Claymore wrote:
I think that's about right.
It's been a while since I watched it, but I think the show itself was more about SPOILER: Highlight text to read: dealing with change than relationship closure. Everyone had an eclectic bushel of things they wanted to change, and things they wanted to keep the same. By the end, a lot had really changed, but it could be argued that nothing actually did. Running guy's (sorry guy, nobody said your name during my last episode refresh.) comment to Touko encapsulates it well: "You're the same as always... or are you?"
In a short: Change is frightening because we're afraid we'll lose things. But change doesn't take away from us, it makes more of us.

Or, I'm making the whole thing up. It's been awhile, and my most vivid memory of the show is the fireworks chibi backhand spring from the... closing? >_>

Now that I've had a little time to think about it, your interpretation of what the anime was trying to do kind of makes sense.

Watched The Girl Who Leapt Through Time with Grandma and Mom (the Funimation dub). Man. What a perfect movie. Definitely gotta watch the original audio some time.

Mullet Death

Postby Sheenar » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:04 pm

The Girl who Leapt Through Time was so good!!

I haven't watched any anime in a while --I'm looking for an uplifting series that's not too serious, but still has a plot/relatable characters --and one that isn't a cryfest (I'm looking at you, Clannad). I've seen Usagi Drop and that one was short and cute. Looking for something similar to that in uplifting-ness.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Rusty Claymore » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:41 pm

Sweetness and Lighting's going to start up on Crunchy next week. Maybe not plot heavy, but should be enjoyable. Hmmm... Kimi to Boku? (Me and You)
If the manga was any indication, Barakamon might be good. (Testing first ep on FUNI's youtube channel now.) Test complete: Looks good!
Last edited by Rusty Claymore on Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rusty Claymore

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:52 pm

Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit episode 12

So Balsa FINALLY realizes they need to be careful or they'll be recognized :bang: :eyeroll: :shake: :shady: Other than that, it was really fun to see our heroes give a couple of jerks a run for their money.

The Snow Queen episode 10

This was quite a fun, cute episode - though still very fillerish. I'm realizing that a large part of this show could be categorized as filler, but that's because Gerda's journey is just full of little encounters with people along the way.

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews