UPDATE: Reviews System Working (see thread for updated info)

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

UPDATE: Reviews System Working (see thread for updated info)

Postby goldenspines » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:48 pm

Hello everyone!

As a lot of your may have noticed, most if not all members are currently not able to submit titles or reviews into the CAA Reviews System. This is no fault of your own (despite the error message), so please don't worry about it.

Unfortunately, due to various unforeseen circumstances, we haven't been able to debug things yet, but hopefully we'll be able to get it up and running soon.

In the meantime, if you respond to this thread, please let me know if you are able to submit titles to the reviews system. At present, I'm assuming no one is able to do so, but if you can, please let me know! I guess for estimation's sake, you can post if you cannot submit titles/reviews as well.

We apologize for the inconvenience and hope the issue will be resolved soon.

Thank you!
goldenspines

Re: Important: Reviews System currently not working

Postby MomentOfInertia » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:15 pm

Rating successfully submitted for Darker Than Black.

'Review' successfully submitted for Darker Than Black.

http://www.christiananime.net/reviews/caareviews.php?sysid=0&pageid=ShowReview&id=199

Review submitted September 2011? o_O

ETA: Ratings submitted for Baccano! and Tiger & Bunny

I'll try a title later.

Xam'd submitted.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Re: UPDATE: Reviews System Working (see thread for updated info)

Postby goldenspines » Sat May 11, 2013 7:45 pm

UPDATE:

The Reviews System should be fully operational and working now for everyone! Please go ahead and submit titles as before and review to your heart's content!

Important! If you are still experiencing trouble rating or reviewing a series, please send me a PM!
goldenspines

Postby Mithrandir » Fri May 17, 2013 1:41 pm

Sorry about this one, everybody! I had to patch this code more then once, after a weird backup/restore bug overwrote some changes. So there was a bit of a hiccup which should - in theory - be fixed now. Please continue to submit and let Goldy know (in as much detail as you can!) if you hit any more snags.
Mithrandir

Postby walkercolt44 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:37 am

I'm trying to get a list of manga titles in the Reviews page, using the "Manga" button and then "Show all Titles", but it always shows anime titles only. Is this a know bug for the community, or just me?
walkercolt44

Postby goldenspines » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:32 pm

walkercolt44 wrote:I'm trying to get a list of manga titles in the Reviews page, using the "Manga" button and then "Show all Titles", but it always shows anime titles only. Is this a know bug for the community, or just me?
Woah, missed this one for a while, sorry about that. It was sitting unapproved, but hopefully the member is still lurking around somewhere. :<

I don't seem to be experiencing this problem when I check the list in the Manga section (green) titles under "Show all Titles", but is this an issue for anyone else?
goldenspines

Postby drill » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:34 am

goldenspines wrote:
walkercolt44 wrote:I'm trying to get a list of manga titles in the Reviews page, using the "Manga" button and then "Show all Titles", but it always shows anime titles only. Is this a know bug for the community, or just me?
Woah, missed this one for a while, sorry about that. It was sitting unapproved, but hopefully the member is still lurking around somewhere. :<

I don't seem to be experiencing this problem when I check the list in the Manga section (green) titles under "Show all Titles", but is this an issue for anyone else?

Not for me. I have a feeling that walkercolt44 was scrolling down the list and saw manga like Bleach or FMP that have both an anime and manga to them, and concluded that he was looking at the anime list.
drill

Postby GeneD » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:23 am

Since faithb4sight reported some Review bugs, it reminded me of one I've been meaning to mention. If you go into "Show all titles" and sort by "avg ratings, # hits, # reviews, date submitted" you get the series arranged by the top score/value for each of those categories, but then if you click "Next" or try to jump to a different page, the sorting reverts back to alphabetical order by title. That means that for example, you can never see the titles with the lowest avg rating or # hits unless you know how to change the url to show you what you want to see.
GeneD

Postby Mithrandir » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:34 pm

Oh, wow. Really?

*goes off to look at it*

Well that was an embarrassing glitch. It should be fixed now. Sorry about that!

Next, Previous, and the numbers at the bottom should work OK now. Let me know if you run into any other issues, OK?
Mithrandir

Postby TheAlbinoMoose » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:38 pm

This popped up when I tried to suggest a anime to review:

Your Reviewing privileges appear to have been revoked by the administration of this site. If you believe you are receiving this message in error, please contact a moderator. This activity has been logged for security purposes.

??
Do you see this gorgeous creature?
That graceful profile. Those striking eyes. Behold the albino moose.
A wise man once said, "you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose."
TheAlbinoMoose

Postby drill » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:13 am

@Albino: I had that issue before too, just PM one of the mods, and they will try to help you fix it. Unless the post count to access it is higher than 36, which I don't think that is the case.
drill

Postby goldenspines » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:47 pm

Mybe I should make a thread exclusively for that error because it seems like the only way I can fix it is reset reviewing priviledges for everyone manually.

Which is tiresome and I always forget because I'm dumb.

It should be working for you now, TheAlbinoMoose. If it is not, PM me!

SO, if you get that error (this is to anyone). This one here:
"Your reviewing privileges appear to have been revoked by the administration of this site. If you believe you are receiving this message in error, please contact a moderator. This activity has been logged for security purposes."

PM me, please! I don't care if I have a hundred PMs in my Inbox, it will help me remember you all. ;o;/
goldenspines

Postby GeneD » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:39 am

I noticed this review bug (maybe?) a while ago, but kinda forgot about it until today. If a user "suggests" a title for the review database, it will only show up on the list when it's been approved by Goldy/another Mod right? However, those titles do show up if you do a search for them. For example, I don't see Yowamushi Pedal/Yowapeda on the list, but it shows up in the search results as seen here: reviews/caareviews.php?pageid=Search&searchtext=yowapeda&Search=Search
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby goldenspines » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:12 pm

Huh, that's an interesting glitch. O:

It does remind me of a few other things in the reviews system that need work as well, though, so I'll add this to the list.
As a side note, text formatting tags (e.g. [b], [i], etc.) still don't seem to be working in the title submissions yet, but they do work in the written reviews.

And your post also reminded me that I am behind in approving reviews! D: Sorry Gene and ForeverInspired, I will get the titles approved very soon. You both always work so hard to submit titles into the system. (;w;)
goldenspines

Postby GeneD » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:38 pm

Yes, go approve titles, Goldy. XP The glitch I mentioned also showed that I and I guess, ForeverInspired, have made duplicate suggestions of some titles.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Mithrandir » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:01 pm

I'll work with Goldy to get a quick list going for the glitches that need to be fixed. I've got some fee time for the next few days, so I should be able to get through some of them.
Mithrandir

Postby MomentOfInertia » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:18 pm

A couple of things.

First off the "site contact us page" link on this page goes to a 404 page.
reviews/caareviews.php?sysid=0&pageid=Feedback

---

Second is more of a debatable issue. I think it might be worth reviewing the ratings descriptions for Nudity / Sexual Content. I think the range should be recalibrated to include coverage of suggestive content(possibly merged with inappropriate relations) and fanservice(sort of linked to the nudity ratings).

Some thing along the lines of:
- 1: none
- 2-3: Blurred, undetailed or otherwise non-sexual nudity, minimal suggestive content, Implied inappropriate relationships.
- 4-6: inappropriate relationships/some suggestive content, moderate fanservice
- 7-9: Heavy fanservice, significant suggestive content, some nudity, inappropriate relationships central to plot.
- 10: do these people not understand clothes?!

Just my $0.02
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby faithb4sight » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:21 pm

Hello,
I've been having an issue for the last few days in the Review section. The initial page loads fine, but anything else I click sends me to a page that says thus:
----------------------------------------
General Error

Illegal use of $_REQUEST. You must use the request class or request_var() to access input data. Found in /var/www/caa/reviews/caareviews_showall.php on line 3. This error message was generated by deactivated_super_global.
----------------------------------------
I can't view any ratings due to this. I logged out of the system and had the same problem. I checked a few recent boards and did not see any mention of this, so I figured I would report the problem here.

Thanks and God bless.
Image On the summit - even in the valley... God is good. I praise Him for all of everything.
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." Rom. 15:13
faithb4sight

Postby shooraijin » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:16 am

Hmm. This is probably a Mith-level problem. I'll try to poke him to have a look at it.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby IPv4 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:57 am

At times my DNS server will not find "christiananime.net", I tried to use "tracert christiananime.net" in the CMD but it couldnt resolve the host name.
IPv4

Return to Announcements and Feedback