Let's Watch: Durarara!!

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Re: Let's Watch: Durarara!!

Postby MangaRocks! » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:02 pm

...x2 Ten episode 8:

It was all about Izaya this week. :thumb: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Ahhh, so there *was* a double back when he 'advised' Akane after all? I *thought* his hair color wasn't quite right in that scene, and it was a little suspicious that they didn't show his eyes, too (probably because of the mole thing, as I'm assuming that's who that actually was)-- but Akane's reaction because she *didn't* recognize him + him saying that he was glad that he didn't 'mess with her directly' (no kidding-- if he had, he'd be dead :pikka: ) confirmed it. :) Also: LOL at the entire exchange between Izaya and the dojo dude. :grin: That was also a pretty awesome fake-out of the viewers with the whole capture bit (made even more so by his acting + the previously-revealed double-- I totally thought it was not him). :thumb: (Holy crap, though-- Izaya didn't even care if he was tortured? :pikka: :sweat: I mean, I know he's nuts and all, but... :grin: :sweat: ) Seriously, though, that was cleverly done. :thumb: And even better, it looks like there's going to be some Izaya backstory next week, too! :thumb:

I love this series~ <3
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby MangaRocks! » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:25 pm

...x2 Ten episode 9:

OH MY GOSH THIS EP. WAS EXCELLENT!!! :jump: (I mean, DRRR!! always is, of course, but you know what I mean. :thumb: ) There was some really great (and quite interesting) Izaya and Shinra backstory here. <3 SPOILER: Highlight text to read: First, though: LOL at the entire exchange between Celty and Mr.-Scary-Bike-Policeman. :lol: And of course the whole bit when she got home was adorable, as well. :) Now, as for the flashbacks: I was grinning all the way through Shinra's persistent pestering of Izaya back when they first met. :grin: That part where Shinra basically opened up about everything, though (from his father's doings to that pharmaceutical company to Celty herself {in a roundabout way} and his love for her) was quite something... :pikka: And oho, wow, that twist about Nakura was even better than I expected-- so Nakura's name was/is not only being used by Izaya himself, but also (while implied to be due to Izaya as well, of course) by those two shady group's real leaders (the ones who were both pretending to be second-in-commands). And this is all because of the incident with Shinra's stabbing, which Izaya has made Nakura pay for with his entire tormented existence ever since. :pikka: While Shinra knows full well (and isn't bothered in the least) that his and Izaya's friendship is not really a friendship in the *normal* sense (LOL), it was really nice to see that Izaya actually does have a little bit of feeling about it. <3 :) (And about his sisters, too, for that matter, at the end. <3 :) )
Saved by grace.

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby MangaRocks! » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:43 pm

DRRR!!x2 Ten is getting an OVA (finally) featuring Celty and Shinra's eventful date! :grin: :thumb:

(...Meanwhile, *still* waiting on subs for ...x2 Shou's OVA, which apparently features young Shizuo. <3 Maybe at this point I should just try watching it raw...? :P )
Saved by grace.

MangaRocks!

Postby MangaRocks! » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:28 pm

...x2 Ten episode 10:

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: LOL, Togusa's reaction to Masaomi's declaration was just perfect. :lol: On a more serious note, though, while that one group's leader guy did deserve what he got here, Yodogiri still just really needs to go DIAF now, LOL. :bootout: :P :sweat: (Although, of course, I'm quite sure that it's going to take until the finale of the *next* cour for him to finally be 'defeated' {if at all}, whatever form that takes. :P :) ) I very rarely feel such strong distate for any Narita-made character, because unless they are truly written to be hated (and so far I've only seen a very scant few of those), he usually makes even his *most* twisted ones interesting and/or somewhat understandable :thumb: ; however, Narita clearly did write this guy with the intention for him to be hated, and, just as intended, I very much do. :sweat: :?: (I don't resent that, though. :) ) Anyway, the stuff about Aoba and his brother was pretty interesting (and messed up, of course! :thumb: :grin: ), and it also shows just how manipulative Aoba indeed is. :pikka: And then, just when Kadota finally decided to confront Mikado... CRAP, NO!!! :pikka: :( :?: :?: (Thank goodness he didn't die, though {whew!}. :) ...Also: Shizuo revenge mode FTW! :grin: :thumb: ) And holy crap at that ending, too-- even Aoba was surprised at Mikado's reaction. :pikka: :pikka: I mean, I knew Mikado had gone full psycho, but whoa... :pikka: :pikka: :pikka:
Saved by grace.

MangaRocks!

Postby MangaRocks! » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:18 pm

...x2 Ten episode 11:

Oh man, this really is heading for chaos again... SPOILER: Highlight text to read: The conversation between Shinra and Celty about poor Kadota (and the effects that whole thing might have, etc.) was quite good. (Also: Heh, that pointed little discussion between Izaya and Akabayashi... *evil grin* :grin: ) Walker's little meeting with the Yellow Scarves was a tad terrifying :sweat: , but Masaomi handled it very well indeed. <3 (LOL, though, that timing of Walker coming back + the ensuing reactions were just perfect. :lol: ) And ah, now we see the rest of Mikado's sentence about 'being glad.' That makes a lot more sense. (Still, though... y'know... psycho. :sweat: {'Broken,' indeed, Aoba... :pikka: }) Speaking of Aoba, LOL, the manipulative kid's fake tears is all it took for soft-hearted Celty to give in and do exactly what she told Shinra she wouldn't do...? Oh man... :sweat: :grin: And whoa, I was not expecting Akabayashi to show up, too (although, thinking about it now, I suppose I really shouldn't have been surprised. Thanks, Izaya :P )... :pikka: And yikes, Shizuo was arrested?? :pikka: Finally: Not that I have any sympathy for Namie (because I don't), but that really didn't look good... :pikka: Oh, and LOL, come on now, the chatroom was confusing enough without people *impersonating* other chat members on top of it (Izaya's duplicate account, no less)... :sweat: :grin:
Saved by grace.

MangaRocks!

Postby MangaRocks! » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:19 pm

...x2 Ten episode 12 (end, for now ;) ):

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: ROTFL, Varona. You've definitely got it bad, hon; you just don't know it yet. :grin: :grin: Also LOL: That confrontation between Walker and Izumii was hilarious. :lol: Whoa, though, Akabayashi... I like his character, and technically he's doing the right thing by putting pressure on Mikado to cool down, but I still do not have a good feeling about that... :pikka: :sweat: And speaking of Mikado: Whoa, so he actually *knows* that what he's doing isn't right? :pikka: I didn't know that, but of course that actually makes what he's doing even worse... and man, his expressions during that whole thing were so creepy... :pikka: (And ohhhhh no, Mikado, you are not sane at all... :pikka: {I actually LOL'd at the very next line-- which is Celty saying exactly that! :lol: }) And ohohoho man, that "In return for Aoba using me, I'm using Aoba" line sent chills right down my spine. :pikka: I mean, I never doubted it, but having it actually *confirmed* was pretty chilling (in a very entertaining way, though :thumb: )... :pikka: And then oh man, the resolve by both Mikado and Masaomi in regards to each other/their friendship... that was somehow heartwarming, a little chilling, and pretty heartbreaking all at the very same time. <3 :pikka: </3 :( Finally: LOL, oh my gosh, that "sleep" payback by Izaya was priceless, even if it wasn't the same guy :lol: -- and ah, it makes sense that there are actually many, many doubles. *Holy crap,* though, I was *not* expecting that twist about the *real* Yodogiri-- as well as the fact that she is also a Saika-holder! :wow!: It makes perfect sense, though, and I can't wait to see where that goes now. Oh, and LOLWUT at that 'party' (and why/how the heck is Namie there??? :pikka: )...

Really looking forward to the big conclusion next cour! :thumb:
Saved by grace.

MangaRocks!

Postby MangaRocks! » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:57 pm

So, after what seemed like forever, the DRRR!!x2 Shou: Watashi no Kokoro wa Nabe Moyou OVA, a.k.a. episode 4.5, was finally subbed (yay! :jump: ): Loved the interesting new bits of backstory shown in it (my favorite being the one with Shizuo and Tom, of course ;) ). Also, that direct Etsusa Bridge reference FTW! :grin: :thumb:

And now here's my thoughts on the 1st episode of the final season (...until/unless they decide to adapt the sequel-series' novels, that is ;) ), ...x2 Ketsu:

This was the usual intro-type ep., *perfectly* framed with Celty being the audience equivalent. :grin: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Loved how Namie and Izaya got out of their respective predicaments. :grin: And I LOL'd so hard when SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Mr. Bike-Policeman came waltzing in and told Shizuo to tell Celty to turn on her horse-bike's lights. :lol: (Also at pretty much everything at Celty's place, including the 'father-son...' bit :grin: , Walker finding out about Celty's head, and Shinra assuring Celty that her head is likely 'only' being used as a ball or a vase by Izaya, 'nothing else.' :lol: :lol: And then when Walker and Shingen started talking about the wolves and the vampires I completely lost it. :lol: :lol: :lol: {I also found it quite amusing that Celty just kept on calling Togusa 'that driver guy,' since that's what I always call him too, LOL! :grin:} And I lost it again when she finally just burst out {literally :grin: } with "Stop making things more complicated than they already are!!" :lol: )

Can't wait for next week! :)
Saved by grace.

MangaRocks!

Postby MangaRocks! » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:56 pm

...x2 Ketsu episode 2:

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: LOL, Walker just watching anime all night like a boss instead of even trying to sleep was awesome (and so perfectly him). :grin: And Izaya's whole "tightrope" speech (and discussion after that) was not only chillingly accurate, it was (of course ;) ) awesomely insane (...in a *quiet* way, though, for once!). :pikka: Speaking of which, I actually LOL'd and shouted "OH YES" when Erika slapped Izaya right out of the middle of a sentence and told him with dead seriousness precisely what she'd do to him if he made Anri cry :lol: :jump: ; and her also-dead-serious assurances that no matter whether Anri was human or not, and no matter what Anri had ever done or might ever do, Erika would never blame or judge her was really quite moving. :hug: Finally: Whoa-- is Celty really about to get her head back for real? Or will Izaya get there first? :pikka:
Saved by grace.

MangaRocks!

Postby MangaRocks! » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:35 pm

...x2 Ketsu episode 3:

Ohoho man... that conversation between SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Mikado and Izaya gave me shivers (in a good way-- oh, how I love all of Narita-sensei's delightfully messed-up characters~ :thumb: :grin: ). And I was also totally not expecting that outcome when SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Anri and Haruna met. Can't wait for next week! :jump:
Saved by grace.

MangaRocks!

Postby MangaRocks! » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:15 pm

...x2 Ketsu episode 4:

I laughed so hard when Chikage said that he had no idea what was going on at that point so he's just picking the simplest option. :lol: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: That fight was seriously awesome, though (and holy crap, he's totally fine after SPOILER: Highlight text to read: that fall? :pikka: LOL! :grin: ). Also: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Ugh, I *really* dislike Izumii... :shady: (Oh man, poor Masaomi-- that literally broke his hand... :pikka: ) The talk between the three Saikas in the cafe was really interesting, as was the fact that despite being a 'villain' Kujiragi was still fine with letting Anri keep Saika (...and wanting to join Erika's cosplay group, too :grin: ). And YES, KADOTA WOKE UP! :jump: :jump: As for funny stuff: Seiji and Namie getting sedated was hilarious :lol: , and also LOL at the Saika'd guy being sent in to get Shizuo to break out of jail and then Shizuo just gets released anyway ("...WHAT?!"). :lol: Speaking of Shizuo: Not quite sure why Vorona was going after Celty's head, LOL, but now that Shizuo recognized her in her motorcycle gear and realized that's who he fought a little while back, it should be pretty interesting to see how he reacts when they next meet... Finally: Hoooooly crap, I didn't know Takashi Nasujima became a Saika child! :pikka: And he's gone back to wanting Haruna after all... only this time in a pretty disturbing way... :pikka: :pikka: :pikka:
Saved by grace.

MangaRocks!

Postby MangaRocks! » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:31 pm

...x2 Ketsu episode 5:

HOLY CRAP, SPOILER: Highlight text to read: NO NO NO!! :pikka: Oh crap, no, I really hoped that was not what she was going to do... but she did. :pikka: Oh, Shinra-- first Kasane orders her underlings to very nearly murder him, and now she Saika's him into submission?! :pikka: :sniffle: :bootout: (Though, I have to admit, Walker completely losing it {I mean, what little there was left of it :grin: } after seeing her + Togusa's reaction in turn were downright hilarious... :lol: ) Oh, and speaking of hilarious-- Shizuo setting those kids straight (while making sure they were completely unharmed in the process, of course <3 ) was priceless. :grin: As for the whole bit with Masaomi... oh my gosh, I *LOATHE* Izumii. :mutter: :bootout: That said, I got the biggest grin on my face when Chikage gave Izumii that well-deserved flying kick + rescued Masaomi and the rest of the Yellow Scarves. :thumb: (Also, that 'good listener' line... :grin: ) Seriously, you just can't dislike the guy (Chikage, I mean). :grin: Also: Aw man, that Vorona character development... <3 </3 <3 :hug: Finally: In that last sequence, Shizuo was hilariously awesome (as usual :thumb: ), with even more emphasis on the hilarity thanks to Celty's wonderful steed. (It's just like him to be completely unfazed by it, and talk to it like that's a completely normal thing <3 ; and I couldn't stop laughing when it changed into a bicycle for him and then sped off at like 50mph!) :lol: :jump: This episode was *fantastic,* and-- as always-- I can't wait for next week!! :jump:
Saved by grace.

MangaRocks!

Postby MangaRocks! » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:00 pm

...x2 Ketsu episode 6:

Oh man, the tension is rising... :pikka: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Seriously, when Izaya of all people calls Mikado 'a little scary,' you know it's about to hit the fan. :pikka: :sweat: (Also, for Izaya to openly admit that *he* might actually become *Mikado's* pawn-- and like it, LOL! :grin: -- was a little bit of a shock... :pikka: ) And oh man, I literally LOL'd at the rest of that 'conversation' between Chikage and Masaomi :lol: -- his explanation of things was at turns hilarious and then surprisingly pointed/accurate/awesome. :jump: Speaking of laughing, I LOL'd again at Mikado remembering his gangmembers' homework. :lol: Getting back to seriousness, though, that look he gave Aoba when he revealed that he knew all about him and his brother was chilling. (Also, wow, what did he accept? Some kind of weapon, it sounds like...? :pikka: ) And ah, so the two mob groups are indeed getting in on this now, too... :pikka: Can't wait for next week!!
Saved by grace.

MangaRocks!

Postby MangaRocks! » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:30 pm

...x2 Ketsu episode 7:

LOL, yes, Togusa, you are the one (marginally) normal person there. :grin: Also: Wow, I've really come to love Chikage's character over the past few weeks-- and his warning to Masaomi here was spot on. :thumb: As for Celty: Oh dear... so *that's* why she didn't want SPOILER: Highlight text to read: her head back until after her life with Shinra was over... :pikka: (Also, holy crap-- since when did Kasane fall in love with Shinra?! :pikka: I had thought that kiss was just to distract him, but apparently not... :pikka: ) And, of course, Shizuo was utterly awesome in every possible way :thumb: <3 <3 (...and Vorona SPOILER: Highlight text to read: not being able to decide whether she wants to destroy him or save him {and all the ensuing conversation/interaction} was sweet. <3 {And I'm sure now that Shizuo totally likes her~ <3 :thumb: }). Plus, I'm pretty sure that SPOILER: Highlight text to read: tossing aside a free-falling full-sized excavator with his shoulder like it was nothing is the most impressive/incredible thing (out of the many!) that I've seen him do so far. :wow!: And oh my gosh, I got goosebumps at the finale when SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Shizuo and Izaya finally said those dead-serious goodbyes... :wow!: :wow!: Can't wait for next week!!
Saved by grace.

MangaRocks!

Postby MangaRocks! » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:26 pm

...x2 Ketsu episode 8:

NOOOOO!!! :wow!: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: ...Okay, so on the one hand, Shingen was awesome :lol: (and totally right about Shinra ;) ); but on the other, even though I don't really have any doubt that Shinra will indeed make her fall in love with him all over again <3 , the (apparent) fact that her regaining her head *did* erase/replace her memories really hurt to see. </3 :( Also: Oh man, that new revelation makes Saika even scarier in the wrong hands-- the minions don't even need to manifest or use a blade, since even just their nails and teeth can be used (just like zombies)...! :pikka: And ohhh crap, it *was* a gun that Mikado received... :pikka: :pikka: As for the flashback, it was interesting and amusing all the same (and I couldn't help but like it, since it was extra backstory between Izaya and Shizuo :thumb: ). Also, ROTFL at *Izaya* calling Shinra a drama queen!! (Oh, the irony...) :lol: :lol: And I also had to laugh at Shinra just casually saying that the only effect from either of those two killing the other would be that he just has one less friend, and he's perfectly fine with that, as long as Celty survives... :forehead: :grin: I also lost it (laughing, that is) when Namie did (her devolving into random letters on the chat, that is). :lol: Finally: Chikage's plan was actually quite clever, but I have a really terrible feeling that Mikado is going to shoot Chikage with that gun because of it :wow!: , and I fervently hope that's not the case (for *both* their sakes)! :pikka: GAHHH NEXT WEEK COME QUICKLY!!
Saved by grace.

MangaRocks!

Postby MangaRocks! » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:55 pm

...x2 Ketsu episodes 9-10:

First, 9: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: LOOOL, trust Erika to make that genre comment, as well as to say that she'd rather get slashed by Anri's blade and become her familiar instead of getting caught by/turning into the zombies. :grin: :thumb: (And her little 'will' was both sweet and hilarious. <3 :lol: ) And then there's Shizuo being Shizuo (i.e. unkillable + AWESOME :jump: ), Izaya actually *truly* trying to kill him for real :wow!: , and fantastic flashbacks with Shinra. :jump: (And even the present-day bits with Shinra were awesome-- I literally LOL'd when he said that Izaya was a friend of his and then said just as honestly that when Izaya got stabbed he just thought he had it coming to him anyway... :lol: :lol: Also: Moving and talking by his own will while still being under Saika's control {triggered by seeing Celty, of course!} like a complete boss! :jump: :jump: And that explanation he gave about Izaya's personality/heart was quite insightful, too...) That ending, though: OH MAN, CHIKAGE EVEN KNEW THAT WAS A DEATH FLAG-- NOOOOO, PLEASE DON'T GET SHOT!! :( :pikka:

And then 10: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: ...Oh-- so Izaya knew full well that he might not survive the attempt to kill Shizuo? There's something about that that... well, it doesn't make him more sympathetic, exactly, but... it kinda mitigates it a little, somehow? (...But only a little. 'Cause, y'know, it's Shizuo we're talking about here, and you don't mess with my Shizuo. :P :grin: ) ROTFL though at Egor (correctly) assuming Shingen's been ignored before :lol: + Shingen's (again) very accurate assessment of Shinra :lol: :lol: -- and *also* ROTFL at Walker being initially overjoyed at the thought of wielding Saika (basically becoming like... well, a manga/anime character, as it were ;) ), but then immediately losing all interest whatsoever once he's informed that if he does he'll end up 'loving' all real (3D) humans (bwahaha!!). :lol: :lol: :lol: (...And of course, trust Erika to have spare cosplay gear on her at a moment's notice, and then use that to pretend to be a Saika-zombie! :lol: She is awesome. :thumb: :lol: ) And oh man, that flashback with Shinra and Celty was beautiful and heartbreaking... <3 </3 :sniffle: And the bit where everyone explains to Anri why they're not afraid of her was absolutely beautiful, too. <3 <3 :hug: As for the ending: HOLY CRAP, I was *NOT* expecting Mikado to figure things out so quickly and show up where Masaomi was just like that (although, by now, I really should have known-- his network and all that + his deeply-buried cunning, etc.)... :pikka: And then oh man, that conversation they had, with them first attempting to banter like old times (but, of course, it ended up really being only a pale shadow of it) while poor Masaomi's voice is just breaking into tiny little pieces with emotion was just... wow. <3 </3 </3 :sniffle: :sniffle: And then Mikado sending a chill down the spine again at the end... :pikka: (Though if he's not going to use the gun on Chikage {*whew!*}, who *is* he planning to use it on? :pikka: :pikka: ) Oh man...... :pikka:
Saved by grace.

MangaRocks!

Postby MangaRocks! » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:10 pm

...x2 Ketsu episode 11:

WHAT THE HECK???!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :wow!: :wow!: :?:

......Okay :sweat: , first things first: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: LOL-- I'm not sure if I was supposed to laugh at this or not, but the "Nothing but creepiness from now on" quote (right over Mikado's broken smile, no less!) was just so perfect that I just couldn't help myself. :lol: Seriously, though: Ohhh man, Mikado just kept on sending shivers down my spine every time he spoke-- and the tension level once he pulled out the gun was off the charts (especially since not only did *I* now have no idea who he was going to use it on, but neither did *he*)... :pikka: And then when he said "But I already have [fired it]," I literally shouted "WHAAAAAT?!" out loud. :pikka: (Although I was relieved to hear he didn't actually fire it on a person {just two buildings}... until, of course, he actually *did*... :wow!: More on that in a second though. *shivers again*) Oh man, my heart was breaking (again) for poor Masaomi (and Mikado, too, although Mikado's thrill-seeking psyche was already twisted long ago, and {as he said} he made his own choices, so my heart hurt more for poor Masaomi, whose feelings were {once again} literally palpable here. :sniffle: Major props to the VA's at really drawing out the emotion these past few ep.'s! :thumb: ). And even more on their meeting in a minute... first, though: Ah, that little meeting between Shinra and Kasane was both very sweet and also explained a lot. <3 :) And gah, I seriously cannot stand Izumii :shady: ... so when Walker finally showed up with his pyro I laughed in delight even though it's completely crazy. :grin: And now back to Mikado: His (honestly pretty deserved at this point :P ) beatdown by Masaomi was kinda brutal, but necessary (and Masaomi was really torn up about it)... but then I got a *real* surprise when Mikado revealed his *second* (even worse) weapon... and shot Masaomi with *that.* :wow!: Although, once he did, that brought him back to (just a small portion of what remains of... :P ) his senses, and he realized that he was indeed doing terrible things and would keep on doing so if he continued down this path... plus, he was tired of the world......

...And thus he resolved to kill himself.

*Bang.*

End of episode.

GAHHHHH WHAT THE HECK MY HEART CAN'T TAKE THIS, HALP!!! :?: :?: :?:

.........And the wait for next week will be longer than ever......... :pikka: :pikka: :pikka:
Saved by grace.

MangaRocks!

Postby MangaRocks! » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:41 pm

...x2 Ten OVA, a.k.a. episode 13.5 / "Onoroke Chakapoko":

This was (mostly :P ) sweet and (100%) hilarious! :lol: :lol: <3

And, of course, ...x2 Ketsu episode 12 (finale):

That was a nicely satisfying ending. :thumb: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Wow, that final fight between Shizuo and Izaya was brutal. But awww, Vorona actually cared about Shizuo becoming a monster (i.e. killer), and stopped him! <3 <3 Also: Ahhh, I should've known that Celty's memory loss was an act back when she saved Shizuo (speaking of which, thank goodness she saved Mikado! :wow!: ) And holy crap, everything with Shinra there + the 'promise' between he and Shizuo actually happening :grin: + using Saika himself! :wow!: + etc.? THAT. WAS. *AWESOME*!!! :jump: And then that thing with Mikado at the end? HOLY CRAP!!! :wow!: That was a twist I definitely did not see coming :wow!: :wow! (...although, thankfully, he managed to survive that, too <3 ). And I LOL'd like crazy when the biker cop showed up :lol: Finally, that ending (with Akabayashi and Anri and then the 'main trio' as Mikado wakes up) was really sweet. <3 <3

All that said, there actually is a sequel novel series (Durarara!! SH) *and* a standalone SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Izaya novel set after the series as well (spoilery info on the latter one here), but the likelihood of any of *that* getting animated is probably just a few hairs shy of nil, so I'm just glad they finished the main series. :) (Now it's time to read the source novels themselves~ {Thanks, Yen Press! :thumb: })
Saved by grace.

MangaRocks!

Previous

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews