What anime are you watching?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Re: What anime are you watching?

Postby Sundown » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:18 pm

Ouran. Been out of anime for a while, so I wanted to start off with something silly and somewhat light-hearted.
"Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you will get neither." C.S. Lewis
Sundown

Postby NekoNinja16 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:58 am

Ouran is my fave. .3.
Just gonna stick a couple favorite quotes here.

"You can die at anytime. But living takes true courage. I'm living too, that I am. To repent for all the lives I took." -Kenshin Himura

"I would rather die as Blues than live forever as someone else." -Proto Man

Weird, they seem to be about dying. XD
NekoNinja16

Postby artisticDreamer » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:09 am

Durarara!! eps 3-6 I can't decide if the best part has been SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Izaya stomping on that girl's phone or Shizuo punching that guy's clothes off. They were both awesome. Also, Shinra's dad is disturbing. I always feel compelled to sit through the whole ending...
artisticDreamer

Postby Sheenar » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:16 pm

I just started Durarara!!! myself. I'm on episode 7. Good show! Different, but good!

And yeah, SPOILER: Highlight text to read: the phone scene is hilarious. I can watch that over and over --and have. XD
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby artisticDreamer » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:22 pm

Sheenar wrote:I just started Durarara!!! myself. I'm on episode 7. Good show! Different, but good!

And yeah, SPOILER: Highlight text to read: the phone scene is hilarious. I can watch that over and over --and have. XD

Haha, same~
Also, so this remains relevant, I just watched DRR!! eps. 7-8.
artisticDreamer

Postby skreyola » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:10 pm

Rewatching Shirobako. Saw Episode 23 tonight. I'm too close to the end!!! It's such a great show.
"Click click click. Still defective."
MAL: Manga List
Anime List
skreyola

Postby GeneD » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:51 am

Started Noragami in an attempt to finish something from the to-watch list in what is supposed to be a quieter currently-airing season. I DIG the opening song. A lot. The characters and designs are nice too, though I can't tell where it's going yet, only on ep 3.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby NekoNinja16 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:19 am

Still Rurouni Kenshin, decided to go for the third season after all. :D Christian arc actually ain't too bad right now, it's totally worth it at this point(getting to see Misao, Hiko, Aoshi, and Chou again is major plus), and interesting too. I'm also a bit curious about Shin Kyoto Hen, the RK OVA, but I have no plans to watch the whole thing, as it's rated R... just the fight with Soujiro, cuz I love him. .3. Can't find clip in English or in subs, tho... just Spanish. o.O
Just gonna stick a couple favorite quotes here.

"You can die at anytime. But living takes true courage. I'm living too, that I am. To repent for all the lives I took." -Kenshin Himura

"I would rather die as Blues than live forever as someone else." -Proto Man

Weird, they seem to be about dying. XD
NekoNinja16

Postby Sheenar » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:02 am

Watching DRRR x 2! and am on episode 14. So good.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Hajllen » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:37 am

I'm new here so first off I want to say hello!

I've been watching a lot of anime, but lately I've been looking for a good anime that doesn't have anything demonic/sexual/magical but I'd like it to be action packed and romantic?
I tried RWBY and really liked it until someone pointed something out that highly made me doubt the whole concept.
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: When the mysterious woman in red helps Yang after being knocked unconcious by Neo, she opens a portal. Lots of people say that this is Yangs mother and that shes, "The ruler of Hell" and that she was opening a portal.

So I honestly didn't want to watch it, even though I've heard its actually a christian anime based off of the fight between good and evil, not only that but some of the characters are based off of people from the Bible. For example: Yang Xiao Longs strength comes from her hair. Sound familiar? Its based off of Samson.

So if there is an anime you could recommend I'd love to hear it. Thank you!

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
Hajllen

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:33 pm

Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit episode 4

A bit more development of the characters, and a whole lot of mysterious going on. I'm intrigued....
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Mullet Death » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:30 am

Lots of tempting anime deals on Rightstuf Christmas sale. Picked up The Familiar of Zero and Little Busters. Can't wait. Until they come in I'm streaming the wonderful gift to the world that is Is the Order a Rabbit? season 2.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Thunderscream872 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:19 am

Finished up Zetman. Not bad. Not great. Decent. It was definitely nice to see something a little different, I can't really think of an anime I've seen that is super similar to it.

Art/Visuals: 5/10 - Outside of the Jin and Kouga (who look really cool), I wasn't really crazy about the art. Their mouths looked weird among other things.

Story: 7/10 - The story is pretty good but being that SPOILER: Highlight text to read: its only in the last two episodes that Jin gets his final form and we get to see real conflict arise between Jin and Kouga, I can't say it was handled all that well. If the rivalry between the two started around episode 7, and then the next six episodes were used to expand on that and eventually lead to them resolving their differences, things would have been far more interesting.

Characters: 8/10 - Jin and Kouga had great development and were both very interesting, cool characters. The rest of the characters where kind of bland and I feel like were only there for Jin and Kouga's development.

Enjoyment: 6/10

Overall: 6/10
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby artisticDreamer » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:07 pm

I bingewatched Noragami and am now watching episode four of Noragami Aragoto as I type this. Can you tell how much I love the show?
artisticDreamer

Postby Mullet Death » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:35 pm

I watched all of Steins;Gate on my BD set in a single day. That was quite a ride. Never hook a phone up to a microwave and send texts, kids. I really must get the game some time.

Mullet Death

Postby artisticDreamer » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:37 pm

artisticDreamer wrote:I bingewatched Noragami and am now watching episode four of Noragami Aragoto as I type this. Can you tell how much I love the show?

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: NEVERMIND NO YUKINE NO NON NOONONO
artisticDreamer

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:12 pm

Because I heard someone mention it on here a while back, I started watching The Snow Queen. I haven't really gotten into the meat of the fairy tale plot yet, but I'm liking the setup so far. It feels like a fairy tale, which is what I wanted going into this. I was also pleasantly surprised to discover that the composer for the soundtrack is Akira Senju, the guy who did FMA: Brotherhood! No wonder the music's so good ^_^
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Mullet Death » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:08 pm

Recently got a whole lot of anime BDs from Rightstuf thanks to their Christmas sale, and probably going to get some a lot more before it's over... I bought all four seasons of The Familiar of Zero, Cowboy Bebop, both seasons of Little Busters, Kiniro Mosaic, and the 3rd season of Hayate the Combat Butler (which I think is actually a reboot?) Expect me to be talking about them a whole bunch soon.

Watching Kiniro Mosaic as we speak! Cuteness! Cuteness everywhere! I'm so glad I got this. I recently learned this anime is an example of 癒し系, or "healing" anime (it has a lot of overlap with slice of life). What an accurate name for this genre. Definitely my favorite kind of anime, period; so many of my absolute favorites except for some hot-blooded shonen titles like One Piece fit into this category (although I would argue much of One Piece is great for its own kind of healing ;) ), including Non Non Biyori, K-On, Barakamon, and Is the Order a Rabbit.

I need the reminders of all the little wonderful things in life which, we here at CAA happen to know are gifts from God. And all this moe and gentle comedy in Kiniro Mosaic certainly soothes the soul. My biggest complaint is that there are only 12 episodes. There's also some "shoujo ai" themes, though nothing too bad at all; if you can handle anything that's in K-On, Is the Order a Rabbit or Non Non this friendship stuff wouldn't bother you in the least. It's also very noticeable that English isn't the first language of Nao Toyama or Manami Tanaka, the voice actresses for the characters from England in the series (Karen Kujo and Alice Cartelet) so some early scenes where we're supposed to believe they don't understand much Japanese felt a tad awkward. If anything though, that just makes Karen and Alice all the more endearing, and you have to give the seiyuu some credit for their English efforts. Overall fantastic stuff.

I've also finally started watching the Toriko DVDs that I've had for a while. Amazing story that's grown on me the more I watch. I'm guessing it's influenced a lot by One Piece, and far as I'm concerned even comparing it to that is giving it high praise. I'm not really quite sure how to describe it though other than pointing one to some offical synopsis, given just how weird it honestly is. It's... EPIC FOOD ADVENTURE. Idk. All I know is I'm destined to be disappointed, since afaik Funimation never got the rights to put the rest of the show on DVD, and the rest that can be streamed on Crunchyroll apparently has a filler ending. Looks like another case of me having to get a hold of the manga to get the rest of the story.

TL;DR: Go watch Kiniro Mosaic if you need some cute in your life.

Mullet Death

Postby artisticDreamer » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:53 pm

Hataraku Maou-Sama! eps. 1-3: I hate the theme song. That's all.
artisticDreamer

Postby GeneD » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:25 am

So I got Noragami'd hard a while back and am now watching the new season, of which the Bishamon arc may or may not have been actually potentially life changing for me. But that's a post on it's own for another time.

Incidentally, I have 3 Crunchyroll guestpasses that expire at the end of Dec and I'm going away on holiday in a few days, so anyone who wants one, let me know.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby artisticDreamer » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:30 am

artisticDreamer wrote:Hataraku Maou-Sama! eps. 1-3: I hate the theme song. That's all.

Watched Hararaku Maou-Sama! eps. 4-12 (well, 12 until the video player crashed.) I didn't think my hate for the themesong could grow so much. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Also, I'm disappointed that the show didn't show Maou or Ashiya trying to adjust to the human world at all. It's like they got rid of all the potentially interesting stuff...
Last edited by artisticDreamer on Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
artisticDreamer

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:44 pm

Jyu-Oh-Sei episode 4

I...keep waiting for the plot to start? <_<

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby artisticDreamer » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:11 pm

Noragami Aragoto ep 11- SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I can sense that the next episode is going to make me angry. Seriously, why doesn't he just leave the Nora in the underworld and escape? I mean, if what's-her-face wants someone to stay, the Nora can. I'm nearly caught up with the anime in the manga, but I think I'm going to wait for it to finish airing.
No. 6 eps. 1-7- You can't tell me this isn't some American dystopian novel. I won't believe you.
Mousou Dairirin ep. 3
artisticDreamer

Postby skreyola » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:29 pm

GeneD wrote:Incidentally, I have 3 Crunchyroll guestpasses that expire at the end of Dec and I'm going away on holiday in a few days, so anyone who wants one, let me know.

I think I'm interested. What does the guest pass do, again?
"Click click click. Still defective."
MAL: Manga List
Anime List
skreyola

Postby artisticDreamer » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:45 pm

Dramatical Murder 1-12- It was okay, and it wasn't even shounen ai despite being based off a BL game. It was decent enough for me to try and watch the OVA, and... well, I want to bleach my eyes out after watching it for five minutes and dropping it.
artisticDreamer

Postby Mullet Death » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:51 pm

Watching a whole bunch of things, including finally watching Cowboy Bebop all the way through for the first time, starting with the English dub. What is this existential, melancholic feeling this work always gives me?

Mullet Death

Postby Thunderscream872 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:03 pm

Finished up BlazBlue: Alter Memory. I've played the games, but I never really paid attention to the story. I enjoyed the anime quite a bit, even though some of the time I was a little confused as to what was actually going on, lol.

Art/Visuals: 9.5/10 - Love the art. I loved the character designs, the visuals, the colors, the environments--practically everything about this show visually was really cool. The only complaint I have about the visual experience is that the fight scenes were a little underwhelming at times.

Story: 6/10 - Don't really got much to say here. Enjoyed learning about Ragna, Noel, Jin, and all the characters and there roles in the story, but there were a number of things that I think I would have to follow the games to better understand.

Characters: 9/10 - Great cast of characters! They were all very entertaining, and I feel like even though there were quite a few characters and only twelve episodes, most of the them were expressed fairly well. My favorite was Ragna.

Enjoyment: 8.5/10

Overall: 8.5/10

I've also watch episodes 1-5 of Watamote and episodes 1-4 of Macross Frontier.
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby Mullet Death » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:47 pm

Since the movie takes place on Christmas, I've decided to finally getting around to marathoning my Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya DVD set. Watched the show once before a long while ago on Crunchyroll. I found it amusing that in typical Haruhi fashion the DVD packs in this set weren't even in order in the box. Even with the numbering I'm unsure of which order to watch the episodes this time around. The broadcast order isn't chronological, so there's different ways to watch it.

After the Christmas excitement is over I'll be watching my Tari Tari BD.

Mullet Death

Postby Mouse2010 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:38 pm

artisticDreamer wrote:I bingewatched Noragami and am now watching episode four of Noragami Aragoto as I type this. Can you tell how much I love the show?

So glad to see another fan. I love this show to death, and I think the second season is better than the first. I love the manga, too. As a matter of fact, I am suffering from serious Noragami withdrawal right now. The next volume of the manga will arrive next week, but I think next Friday's episode is the last of the anime, and then what? *Sniffle.* I will probably have to illegally watch the OVA!
Mouse2010

Postby artisticDreamer » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:13 am

Mouse2010 wrote:

So glad to see another fan. I love this show to death, and I think the second season is better than the first. I love the manga, too. As a matter of fact, I am suffering from serious Noragami withdrawal right now. The next volume of the manga will arrive next week, but I think next Friday's episode is the last of the anime, and then what? *Sniffle.* I will probably have to illegally watch the OVA!

I've been postponing reading the manga so I can get that sense of watching something for the first time; Yeah, there is just one episode left, and the fourth OVA is coming out in... 80 something days? I'm going to be suffering from withdrawals for a loonngg time once I catch up with the manga, it's so good. It's not gonna be fun since I'm already experiencing KagePro withdrawals...
So this stays a little on topic, I finished watching Paranoia Agent and watched the first episode of Bakemonogatari.
artisticDreamer

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews