My Anger

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

My Anger

Postby Will » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:45 pm

Over the last couple of months I have been angry at God over not getting what I want in life and even to the point that I have been saying that I hate him. What can I do about this situation that has been happening frequently?
Will

Re: My Anger

Postby K. Ayato » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:23 pm

I would highly suggest taking a big step back and asking yourself whether or not your view of God is in line with the Bible. Also talk to someone like a pastor or Bible teacher. Praying!
K. Ayato

Postby Sammy Boy » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:32 am

Hey Will, I think the first step is to acknowledge this fact, as you have done - I believe our God is big enough to take our emotions and rage, so this is a good start.

When I get angry about life, I sit down and think about all the things I have in life, as well as all the important memories / events I have experienced. I then think about whether my anger is justified in light of what my life has been like up to this point.

I am not saying your anger is unjustified, or that it is wrong to be disappointed / upset about things in life, but I find that when I spend time reflecting on how my life has turned out so far, I am reminded of the times that people have been gracious to me, that I have received good things that I did not really deserve, etc.

Everyone's life is different, so you would probably have completely different experiences to me - but this is something I do, and I've found it helps, so I thought to suggest it.

It is also a good idea to talk over the issues with a trusted friend - I wish you all the best.
Sammy Boy

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:58 pm

I admit, I can understand this feeling. There have been times when I've been angry at God for things that've happened (or not happened). But in the end, I remember that no matter what happens, He has things already figured out. Bad things might happen that make me upset, but I don't see the full picture like He does. I think the best thing you can do is present your feelings to God and tell Him that you know that no matter what, He knows best, but you're having a hard time seeing why things are working out this way (that's exactly what I did). Then tell Him "it's all in Your hands, and please help me remember that." I can already tell you a few stories of how I didn't get what I wanted initially, but in the end, I saw it worked out for the better - I'm now glad that He protected me from what He did!

I'll be praying for you, and if you do have a home church and/or Christian friends, this is something that'd be good to try talking through with them. I can't say much else without knowing exactly what it is that you want but aren't getting, but I still wish the best to you.
mysngoeshere56

Return to Prayer Room