What anime are you watching?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Re: What anime are you watching?

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:26 am

I'm not sure if it's ironic or just plain sad that here in Japan, the home of anime, I have infinitely less time or opportunity to watch anime than I did back home.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby NekoNinja16 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:04 pm

You're in Japan?? Cool! .o.
Just gonna stick a couple favorite quotes here.

"You can die at anytime. But living takes true courage. I'm living too, that I am. To repent for all the lives I took." -Kenshin Himura

"I would rather die as Blues than live forever as someone else." -Proto Man

Weird, they seem to be about dying. XD
NekoNinja16

Postby NekoNinja16 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:27 am

Lol, maybe a bit late to say this, but I'm watching Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, or Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun. I tried watching it quite awhile ago(possibly before finishing Ouran?), but I dropped it because I didn't like Kashima's 'Prince of the School'-ness. I just picked it back up a few days ago, and now I'm at episode 10. This show is FREAKING AMAZING. Needs more than 12 eps. ;-; I'm also reading the manga, but wow so glad I picked it back up. Just incredible, SO FUNNY.

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Also, regarding the manga, I haven't made it to the chapters where he appears yet, but I've seen pics of him, and doesn't Mayu look just like Haru(from Free!), except in the Nozaki-kun style??

"You can die at anytime. But living takes true courage. I'm living too, that I am. To repent for all the lives I took." -Kenshin Himura

NekoNinja16

Postby skreyola » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:33 am

Nozaki-kun is a great anime, a lot of fun.
If you like that and haven't seen Bakuman. (not to be confused with Barakamon), you should check it out, too. Hulu had it, last I looked, and it felt a little more complete, at the end, I thought.
"Click click click. Still defective."
MAL: Manga List
Anime List
skreyola

Postby NekoNinja16 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:34 pm

Really? Okay, I'll check it out. I mostly use Hulu and Crunchyroll for watching stuff, so that makes it easy.

NekoNinja16

Postby skreyola » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:08 pm

Yeah, really. Of course, Bakuman. is more like Shirobako than it is like Nozaki-kun, but they both deal with high-schoolers drawing manga and high-school romances.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby Cat96 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:41 pm

SKET Dance episode 17. I've started watching this series a few days ago, and haven't regretted it. The comedy is hilarious and I love the occasional fourth wall breaks. I also love how the past characters that the group helped are still shown. They stick around and they occasionally play a role in an episode, after the episode they were introduced in. Also love the references. They make a ton of them, even non-anime ones. As for the actual episode, SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Busum can really be smart when he choses to. The speeches he gave in this arc were deep! He seemed to have taken on a request that he gave himself: to give the violinist the push she needs to get the courage to pursue her dreams. I also liked how SKET ended up preforming together and did pretty awesome too.
"While I live, I want to shine" -Grovyle (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)
Cat96

Postby skreyola » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:27 pm

I've been thinking about watching that. Any objectionable content?
Anime List
skreyola

Postby Cat96 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:41 pm

A bit of cursing and there was a time when a character subtly gave "the finger". There was a little bit of censored nudity in an early episode and the second opening has a bit of beach fanservice. There's also a side character obsessed with the occult and rumors of a ghost at the school.

Snow White with Red Hair episode 10 SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Oh my goodness, I can't believe it. They kissed! If I hadn't read the comments on hulu before watching the episode, I'd be totally shocked.
"While I live, I want to shine" -Grovyle (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)
Cat96

Postby skreyola » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:54 pm

Thank you for your quick response. I don't have a serious problem with most of that. I know this might depend on where I see it, but what kind of cursing? Regular stuff, or taking the Lord's name in vain?
Anime List
skreyola

Postby Cat96 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:12 pm

If I recall correctly, there was that scene mentioned earlier with the "finger". I think that was the worst of it. I don't remember anybody taking the Lord's name in vain, but there have been "science vs. supernatural" discussions between Switch and the occult girl. She mentions cursing people and is a bit creepy (expect her to say odd things).
Cat96

Postby NekoNinja16 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:34 pm

Finished Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, but I'm also more than halfway through rewatching it with my bro. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: That ending. I had already figured Nozaki wouldn't hear her confession, but then when he said he felt the same, I was like "*gasp*!" and then he leans in and says... "I love fireworks too." OOHH, NOZAKI. WHYY. Poor Sakura, lol. Also liked that Mayu cameo in the credits~

Finished Aoharu x Kikanjuu. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Haha some people are so mad just cuz she didn't tell them she's a girl. Funny thing is, it cuts off right before the moment she does in the manga, lol. XD Anyway, there may have been a bit over-drama at times, but I don't really care about that, and overall I really enjoyed AxK. Also happy about those MasamunexHotaru moments, I've been shipping them since the first ep of course, and although I already saw a bit of it in the manga, it was nice animated and in full color~~ Still hoping for a season 2!

NekoNinja16

Postby skreyola » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:34 pm

Cat96 wrote:If I recall correctly, there was that scene mentioned earlier with the "finger". I think that was the worst of it. I don't remember anybody taking the Lord's name in vain, but there have been "science vs. supernatural" discussions between Switch and the occult girl. She mentions cursing people and is a bit creepy (expect her to say odd things).

Thank you for your responses.
I watched a couple of episodes, but it was a bit heavy on the hijinx for my tastes. I didn't see anything objectionable; just not my cup of tea.
But I appreciate your information.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby Cat96 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:12 pm

skreyola wrote:
Cat96 wrote:If I recall correctly, there was that scene mentioned earlier with the "finger". I think that was the worst of it. I don't remember anybody taking the Lord's name in vain, but there have been "science vs. supernatural" discussions between Switch and the occult girl. She mentions cursing people and is a bit creepy (expect her to say odd things).

Thank you for your responses.
I watched a couple of episodes, but it was a bit heavy on the hijinx for my tastes. I didn't see anything objectionable; just not my cup of tea.
But I appreciate your information.

No prob, I can see why this show isn't for everybody.

Sket Dance episode 25 SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Oh my goodness.... I heard Switch's backstory was depressing, but I didn't think it would be this bad. I'd never expect that type of backstory from a show like Sket Dance. Seiously, if Switch's backstory was like this, I'm really scared to see Bussun and Himeko's backstories.

I haven't had much time for anime recently. I blame school.
Cat96

Postby NekoNinja16 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:06 pm

Finished Free! Eternal Summer. Not gonna get too deep into details, but I loved it of course. The overall series of Free! has taken 2nd place on my favorite anime list, second only to Ouran.

NekoNinja16

Postby Thunderscream872 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:57 pm

Finished Arcana Famiglia. Aside from some character development, SPOILER: Highlight text to read: nothing really happened. The show pretty much ends in the same place it began. Though I did enjoy it, and found some of the plots and characters to be pretty decent, I can only give this one a 6/10. Unfortunately, the first episode can really deceive you into thinking this one is gonna be allot more interesting than it actually is.

Art/Visuals: 8/10
Story: 4/10
Characters: 7.5/10
Enjoyment: 6.8/10
Overall: 6/10
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby Cat96 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:17 pm

Steins;Gate episode 5 SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I think that guy is either really smart or really crazy... or both. I'm still learning the names (I'm horrible at remembering, even in real life), but I really like the one that looks like Ezra. I love the bickering that goes on. xD Also the hacker is such a weirdo. Either way, I sense an interesting story. I have a feeling that part time worker may be a time traveler given those comments she made. Or she's just crazy too, but I'm more likely to think the former.
Cat96

Postby NekoNinja16 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:36 am

Looks like I've come back to Rurouni Kenshin, I recently picked back up where I left off, and now I'm at episode 40 I think. (just watched 3 in a row lol) For some reason, I just love Soujiro. XD He's so cute.

NekoNinja16

Postby artisticDreamer » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:28 pm

Watched the first two episodes of Durarara!! The order of events was a lot different from the light novel and the manga (I own the first volume of both).
artisticDreamer

Postby Mouse2010 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:06 pm

Some of my anime viewing has been on hold for awhile. In the last couple of months, we moved to a new house and I went back to work after a semester of maternity leave. Life has been hectic, to say the least, but mostly in a good way.

Right now I'm rewatching Noragami before I start watching this season's Noragami Arigato. I am sorry to say that I as much as I love this show, so far rewatching it has not been as much fun as I expected. I don't know if that's due to the fact that I'm rewatching it in the dub rather than the sub, or if it's a show that just doesn't hold up to a rewatch. (BTW, if anyone's interested in a "let's watch" thread for the second season, let me know.)

And, uh, I started watching Diabolik Lover. I am horrified but also transfixed. For now I'll keep watching, but this is definitely a guilty pleasure. I kind of feel like a bad person for enjoying it.
Mouse2010

Postby NekoNinja16 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:51 pm

Still watching Rurouni Kenshin. I finished the Kyoto arc, which was awesome~ and now I'm kind of rewatching from the beginning with my bro. It's so weird, to see the things that were difficult for Kenshin back then, compared to the level of the Kyoto arc. .o. And to see the Oniwaban again... ;-; Such an important moment I didn't think as much of at the time...

Because of that, I kinda am putting the third season on hold, since I've heard less-than-positive thing about it, and I know it doesn't follow the manga after that point... Maybe I shouldn't watch it? IDK...

And also wondering if I should buy or read the manga, it's easy to find RK manga in store, even at a half-price books nearby, so it's a bit tempting. But it's pretty violent...(*coughmaybejustthevolumeswithsoujirocough*)

NekoNinja16

Postby Cat96 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:34 pm

Fate/Zero episode 8 SPOILER: Highlight text to read: So far, I really like Rider and Saber. Rider is so funny, especially when he interacts with his master. Saber's so awesome. I'll be looking forward to a Saber vs Lancer fight. Also, Ryounoske, I think he's Caster's master. His appearance reminds me of Natsume from Natsume's Book of Friends. Personality wise though, they are very different. It is still very weird. It's like seeing a psycho Natsume.
Cat96

Postby Mullet Death » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:47 pm

Been watching When Supernatural Battles Become Commonplace. It's kind of like what 中二病でも恋がしたい would be if the 中二 stuff was actually real. It's a cute, mostly light-hearted romcom and it's getting interesting romantically speaking. It's a harem of sorts (no fan service to speak of though) but as always I can't help be deeply emotionally invested anyway. I'm rooting for SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Hatoko, but also kinda rooting for Sayumi... The protoganist Andou is a loveable goofball. And then there's sweet little girl Chifuyu. Puppy-level adorable.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby skreyola » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:44 pm

Mullet Death wrote:Been watching When Supernatural Battles Become Commonplace. It's kind of like what 中二病でも恋がしたい

Which is what, for those of us who can't yet read kanji?
Anime List
skreyola

Postby Mullet Death » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:15 pm

Oh, sorry. Sekai Filmworks calls it Love, Chunibyo, and Other Delusions. Gottasay thoughh, as for When Supernatural Battles Become Commonplace, now that I've watched it all, I'm a little disappointed. It was just okay. No romantic resolution of course, and they didn't really do much with what story there was. And then there were the lolicon jokes and the fact that a little girl was in love with the main character, in a way I could have done without. It wasn't bad. But it wasn't great.

Mullet Death

Postby Thunderscream872 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:21 pm

IGPx episode 7 - I remember seeing this on a couple times back when it aired on Cartoon Network years ago. I really like it so far.

The Heroic Legend of Arslan episode 8.

Zetman episode 1.

I'm also still watching BlazBlue: Alter Memory, Bleach, and Strike the Blood; I've just put them on hold for the time being.
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby skreyola » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:16 pm

Mullet Death wrote:Oh, sorry. Sekai Filmworks calls it Love, Chunibyo, and Other Delusions. Gottasay thoughh, as for When Supernatural Battles Become Commonplace, now that I've watched it all, I'm a little disappointed. It was just okay. No romantic resolution of course, and they didn't really do much with what story there was. And then there were the lolicon jokes and the fact that a little girl was in love with the main character, in a way I could have done without. It wasn't bad. But it wasn't great.

Aww... after seeing that it was like Chunibyo, I thought I might be interested... but that had a pretty good resolution, and didn't wade too heavily into bad humor.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby Mullet Death » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:09 am

To the show's credit the inappropriate humor and content is usually not a big deal and there aren't that many instances of it. There were just one or two scenes that I thought were particularly in bad taste. In one, Andou SPOILER: Highlight text to read: basically pretends to be a pedophile to convince Chifuyu's friend to stay by her side. Here's a short clip from that scene. I also, like I said, am not big on little girls being part of a harem, even when their feelings aren't recipocated by the adult main character, who doesn't consider them potential romantic interests. But then there are scenes like this, so it's hard to hate the show. Doesn't make up for the show's plot shortcomings (though it's possible there could be more seasons I guess.)

Mullet Death

Postby Mullet Death » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:55 am

I recently got the BD of the original season of Is the Order a Rabbit? and marathoned it in a day. What a wonderful show. I want more like this in my collection. Very little fan service, and is great for any time you're feeling down. I believe in the power of moe-moe medicine. I also watched the first episode of the currently airing second season. That means I get a little boost of cuteness at least once a week to replace Himoutu from last season.

Mullet Death

Postby MangaRocks! » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:10 pm

Haikyuu!! S1 ep.'s 1-25 (sub, complete):
On GeneD's recommendation, I finally watched this... and promptly fell completely head-over-heels in love with it! <3 <3 :hug: :jump: :jump: Not only did it make volleyball extremely interesting, the characters are also great <3 , and as a whole it's hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol: , adorable, fun, exciting, and even a little bit touching. <3 Plus, it's also one of those shows where every episode just makes you feel happy/really good after watching it! :hug:

To top it all off, even if there hadn't been a second season (which there now is, yay! :jump: ), the end was still quite satisfying SPOILER: Highlight text to read: (yes, even including that {*very* close and intensely-fought} loss); and *with* the second season, it's just perfection.

Oh, and after diving right into the (equally-fantastic!) Second Season and the manga, as well, from what I've read so far S1's adaptation was actually one of the rare ones that are not only *perfect,* but actually even a bit of an *improvement* on the source (despite how great the manga already is in and of itself)! :wow!: :jump:

TL;DR: This series is fantastic and I cannot recommend it highly enough!! :jump:
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews