What anime are you watching?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Re: What anime are you watching?

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:03 am

Eh, I found Jyu-Oh-Sei to be rather dissatisfying. But I've heard lots of positive feedback about it, so hopefully it ends up being your cup of tea!
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby MangaRocks! » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:36 pm

Mushishi Zoku Shou: Suzu no Shizuku movie (end):
Ahhh, so good~~! <3 <3 :hug: :jump: This was absolutely beautiful in every way (as Mushishi always is, of course). <3 I teared up a bit at SPOILER: Highlight text to read: the bell scene near the end, and that (ever-so-slightly meta) after-credits scene was just the perfect way to say farewell to both Ginko and this series. <3 I'm really sad that this is the last bit of Mushishi that will ever be animated (unless the mangaka makes another special chapter again or something, that is), but man am I glad that this masterpiece of a series was made, and made so well, and made so well *in full.* <3 (...Time to marathon rewatch the entire thing right from the beginning! <3 :thumb: )
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby skreyola » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:37 pm

Arpeggio of Blue Steel ep. 10 - It's been a while since an anime made me cry.
"Click click click. Still defective."
MAL: Manga List
Anime List
skreyola

Postby Cat96 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:17 pm

Finished Taisho Baseball Girls SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I wish the girls won the game against Asaka. They worked so hard and for it to end like that, it didn't feel quite right. At least the game was really close and the guys took the girls seriously in the end. I also liked how Koume's parents and the apprentice showed up for the end of the game. Disowning Koume was a bit excessive (though I think her dad took back what he said). Grounding Akkio the day of the game after all the blood, sweat, and tears she put into practicing was also a bit much. Luckily Akkio has such an awesome servant who risked his job so she could play. I also liked how the choir girls, the elementary baseball team, and even the school's principal watched the game. I also liked the part at the end where Koume is wearing a sailor uniform, like she always wanted. And her and Saborou holding hands was so cute! Overall, I really enjoyed it. It was cute and humorous with a little bit of drama mixed in. I'm glad it was my first sports anime.
"While I live, I want to shine" -Grovyle (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)
Cat96

Postby NekoNinja16 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:42 am

Watched episode 5 of Aoharu x Machinegun. Happy that there were fewer pervy-mentioned things this ep, but when is Hotaru gonna admit she's a girl? Not good for her to keep pretending, at least to her teammates. .3. Still shipping her and Masamune. Next episode looks intense, too bad I have to wait another 5 days or so. DX That's how it is for commoners I guess.

Whoops, maybe scratch that no-pervy stuff thing, I didn't realize something in it was an innuendo. Read the comments on Crunchyroll, haha... ^^; (bad choice numero uno, I suppose)
Just gonna stick a couple favorite quotes here.

"You can die at anytime. But living takes true courage. I'm living too, that I am. To repent for all the lives I took." -Kenshin Himura

"I would rather die as Blues than live forever as someone else." -Proto Man

Weird, they seem to be about dying. XD
NekoNinja16

Postby NekoNinja16 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:02 pm

Finished Free! a couple of says ago, really loved it. Now on to the second season, Eternal Summer~ Also, gotta say, if you watch Free, make sure to check out the character songs and duets, they're awesome. ^o^ I love most of them. Also, I'm so happy to hear there's going to be a movie in December! It mean the series has not completely finished yet, not quite done. >I3

Also, still watching Aoharu x Machinegun and Snow White w/the Red Hair, though I haven't been as into SWw/tRH lately, more into Aoharu. Next episode, come soon-! I'm actually starting to read the manga right now. OMGOSH. ;-;

I started watching GJ Club, something I actually planned to watch when I first got into anime, but never tried because I couldn't find it on YT and stuff. (haha, I know so much more now...) Pretty goo,d I'm enjoying it, but it does have moments of fanservice, which I don't like. Still, Kyoya (never thought I'd see another guy named that after Kyoya from Ouran) is nice, and Kirara is SO adorable. Mao is okay I guess, but isn't she a textbook tsundere? Looks a lot like Taiga from Toradora. Anyway, it's been funny so far.

Still rewatching RockMan.EXE, though I made it through the first series and am now at Axess, which I must say I prefer. :3 More of Enzan. <3 I just love the RockMan.EXE/Battle Network series. <3 Since we got a Wii U, I can also play the games now too!

"You can die at anytime. But living takes true courage. I'm living too, that I am. To repent for all the lives I took." -Kenshin Himura

NekoNinja16

Postby Ashmazing » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:53 am

I'm about to watch Wolf Children: Ame and Yuki. The DVD should come to my house in a day or so. It was recommended to me by a friend in Japan. Has anyone else seen this and do they plan to make an anime out of it or just a movie? No spoilers please!
Ashmazing

Postby scribbledreamer » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:58 pm

I started watching Plastic Memories when it aired, but only now got around to finishing it. I LOVED the first episode and had high hopes for the show. And while it had some good moments, I felt like it fell a little flat. I didn't find the humor particularly funny, and I guess the first episode just set the bar so high that I was expecting more character development. (Not that there wasn't; just...not nearly as much as I thought there could have been.)

The last episode, though:
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Oh wow. THAT was what I had wanted the show to be like. And I'm glad I watched it simply for those two episodes. All the scenes in the amusement park - and especially the ferris wheel - were breathtaking. I'm glad it didn't end "happily." It felt real and raw and heart-wrenching without being uselessly depressing.

Also working my way through Kanon...
scribbledreamer

Postby NekoNinja16 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:16 am

Still rewatching RockMan.EXE Axess, though I haven't watched an ep in a few days, my bad.

Still watching GJ-bu, though I've become disappointed in it. Much more fanservice than I had expected.

Still watching AnS (Or Snow White w/the Red Hair, I prefer Akagami no Shirayukihime), and that last episode was great(like most have been, really, it's just a great series). Can't believe they kinda used a cliffhanger! Now I gotta wait, darn it. -3-

Still watching Aoharu x Kikanjuu. MAN, I love this anime. Somehow I've gotten pretty into it, and I'm hyped for the next ep. <3 Last one was awesome, but dang, Yukki's a perv. -3- Focus on shooting alone, dude. Also reading the manga. <3

Started Show by Rock!! after all. By now I've made it to episode 5, and their are several things I don't like. (aside from the initial absurdity of it all, which I was able to get over) Namely, the fanservice... I assumed there would be very little, since it looked pretty silly and girly at first, but now I've found out it was based on the mobile game or something, and was aimed at guys. So not little at all. The main reason I'm still watching it is actually Shuu Zo, the lead of Trichronika. He's voiced my Miyano Mamoru, and in the dub by Vic Mignogna. Each of those happen to be my fave seiyuu and voice actor. (also voicing Tamaki Suoh and Rin Matsuoka) Shuu Zo's got that flashy prince style like Tamaki, so I'll stick around for that. One more thing I really don't like about it is one of the girls seems to have a strong crush on another... so wtheck? This isn't yuri, right? If things get worse there I'm out...

And I'm still planning on watching Free! Eternal Summer, probably once I finish up another one of the other short-ish shows. Or drop them. Free ES will DEFINITELY happen tho.

Also tried first ep of Castle Town Dandelion. Setting seems interesting and funny, but wondering of there will be much fanservice... the main girl wears a short uniform skirt and flies, so yeahhh... seems like that will be a recurring thing?

NekoNinja16

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:15 pm

Ashmazing wrote:I'm about to watch Wolf Children: Ame and Yuki. The DVD should come to my house in a day or so. It was recommended to me by a friend in Japan. Has anyone else seen this and do they plan to make an anime out of it or just a movie? No spoilers please!

It's a stand alone as far as I know.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby EventualDay » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:30 am

NekoNinja16 wrote:And I'm still planning on watching Free! Eternal Summer, probably once I finish up another one of the other short-ish shows. Or drop them. Free ES will DEFINITELY happen tho.

I love Free :) Super glad ES is getting/has gotten a dub; hoping to buy it as soon as I have a little extra money. I also love when seiyuu do extra character songs for their shows, it makes me very happy~ Free definitely has a lot of them, haha.

Just finished Kino no Tabi aka Kino's Journey. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it's definitely everything that the DVD cover claimed: "focused on atmosphere rather than plot... philosophical and hard to classify... brilliant, beautiful, sometimes disturbing...." Overall I really enjoyed it because each episode gave me a lot to think about regarding the nature of humanity, but I still sometimes found it lacking. Glad I watched it, though.

Still in the middle of Durarara!, and I've also started Golden Time. I wasn't exactly expecting SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Banri's amnesia to be such a large part of the latter, so it's starting to become a little too cliche and trope-y at this point. But I still really like the characters, especially Kouko, and I really appreciate that it's a romance not in high school.
EventualDay

Postby NekoNinja16 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:38 pm

EventualDay wrote:
NekoNinja16 wrote:And I'm still planning on watching Free! Eternal Summer, probably once I finish up another one of the other short-ish shows. Or drop them. Free ES will DEFINITELY happen tho.

I love Free :) Super glad ES is getting/has gotten a dub; hoping to buy it as soon as I have a little extra money. I also love when seiyuu do extra character songs for their shows, it makes me very happy~ Free definitely has a lot of them, haha.

Awesome. :3 Yeah, I wanna watch the dub of ES, but I don't have a Funimation subscription, nor can I afford it. Also, OMGOSH JUST NOTICED RIN IS YOUR ICON. .o. Cool~! I love a lot of the character songs, and how they had so many. X3 Like two songs per character, and then again for ES, and of course the duet songs. <3

NekoNinja16

Postby Zeldafan2 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:33 am

For my most recent ones, though, it's been Hunter x Hunter and Charlotte. I'm enjoying the chimera ant arc in the former, but as a whole, I feel the series is a disappointment. It does a poor job of handling its supporting cast (particularly the hunter exam arc and the heaven's arena arc). Worse, even those who are interesting don't really appear afterwards. Unless you're the zoldycks or Hisoka, you won't make relevant appearances after your introductory arc. In addition, I feel the show's leading pair started t lose weight (especially during the greed island arc) because they rarely showed distinctiveness. Killua lost his confidence after the hunter's exams for reasons that aren't mentioned or discussed until 60+ episodes later.Gon, meanwhile, loses his trademark friendliness with peoplle (again, especially during the greed island arc) and some of the optimism he once had. In regards to killua SPOILER: Highlight text to read: why did Killua stop wanting to be an assassin? He doesn't even say it has much to do with Gon. Besides, despite being disturbed by his heart-ripping tendencies, Gon never once expressed concern to Killua about him being a killer. So, why the change in ethics?

As for Charlotte, I was instantly attracted to the interesting premise and that Jun Maeda was writing it, but . . . The series feels rife with poor execution. Too many gags that should be done once or twice are redone far too many times without variety, and as opposed to revealing things about the characters, it persists in reminding us of their broad quirks rather than allding to their motivations. Normally, Maeda is much better at balancing drama and comedy, so I'm not sure why it isn't working here. The only character I really feel is compelling is Nao, the lead heroine, who is an excellent example of the jerk with a heart of gold archetype. Ultimatel, though, it feels sad because if they cut down on some of the repatative humor, I would probably LOVE these characters. Still, the overarching plot is intriguing me, so I'll finish it (I've watched all eight episodes which have aired)

On a side note . . . I forgot how to do spoiler tags.
Last edited by Zeldafan2 on Tue May 15, 2018 11:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Zeldafan2

Postby EventualDay » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:11 am

Zeldafan2, you can just type [spoiler]words[ /spoiler] without the space before the backslash :)

NekoNinja16 wrote:Awesome. :3 Yeah, I wanna watch the dub of ES, but I don't have a Funimation subscription, nor can I afford it. Also, OMGOSH JUST NOTICED RIN IS YOUR ICON. .o. Cool~! I love a lot of the character songs, and how they had so many. X3 Like two songs per character, and then again for ES, and of course the duet songs. <3

Haha yeah I really am not sure why I picked my avatar to be his crying face, but... it makes me happy so... sorry Rin~ :P

Forgot to include in my last post: I also just finished Time of Eve, which was phenomenally better than I was expecting given how short it is. Actually, I really really liked the series and found it both peaceful and engaging. There were a few loose ends (I really wanted to learn more about the café's owner, for instance), but the world-building impressed me a lot.

Also watching Gurren Lagann. Just finished episode 9, so I'm not sure yet what I think....
EventualDay

Postby Cat96 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:41 pm

EventualDay wrote:Also watching Gurren Lagann. Just finished episode 9, so I'm not sure yet what I think....

You should continue watching it. It gets better, in my opinion.

One Piece episode 151 SPOILER: Highlight text to read: OUCH! and in one hit too. THAT is the difference between a 55 million bounty and a 100 million bounty.
"While I live, I want to shine" -Grovyle (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)
Cat96

Postby Thunderscream872 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:46 pm

Strike The Blood episode 14.

Bleach episode 55.

The Heroic Legend of Arslan episode 2. I haven't really seen many anime like this one. Seems pretty good so far.

I finished the second season of Full Metal Panic. Meh, it wasn't bad, but I feel like it was a little convoluted. Looking at both seasons as one show, I think the first 10 or so episodes were good, but after that it became less enjoyable. Season two definitely had a number of high points, but not enough to boost my opinion of the anime as a whole.

Favorite Character(s): Kurz Weber. Most of the other characters were kind of annoying. Even certain characters that I liked quite a bit early on, like Sousuke and Tessa, I grew to dislike more and more as the story went on.

Art/Visuals: 7/10
Story: 7/10
Characters: 6/10
Enjoyment: 6.5/10
Overall: 6.5/10
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby NekoNinja16 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:17 am

Finished Show by Rock!!, and I'm still of mixed feelings about it... it had too much fanservice for my liking, and one girl having a crush on another was implied, to my great irritation. But I did like some of the characters a lot, and it was pretty funny. Namely because of those characters, like ShinganCrimsonZ. Throughout the show and to the end, I didn't care that much for the main girls/band, I just was there mostly for Trichronika and ShinganCrimsonZ. I did like the animation too though, I believe it was done by studio Bones? The people who did Ouran? But it was nice and colorful, and very expressive with the comedy. XD

I found episode 9 of Aoharu x Kikanjuu, so I went ahead and watched it there instead of waiting for Crunchyroll this time. I still really like this show, but it does have a lot more uh... content, than I was hoping for. (STILL looking at you, Yuki.) SPOILER: Highlight text to read: It feels like they're [strongly] implying Fujimon likes Midori, and he's a masochist apparently... (and since Midori's a sadist, is that why..?) Still, I really like some of the characters, and I'm definitely going to see this through to the end. But I don't think it will be one I'll share with my brother... ^^; I also still really wanna read the manga, but it's currently only translated up to chapter 3, or the end of Vol. 1, while it's actually published up to vol 7. T-T Though I did get a look at some of the raw pages from chapter 17, hehe~

Hmm, guess I'll try to focus on finishing GJ Club now... *sigh* this'll be painful... SPOILER: Highlight text to read: used to be better before they turned hairbrushing into something dirty.

NekoNinja16

Postby TsubasaKamen » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:58 pm

Full Moon wo Sagashite, (Spoiler Tag doesn't seem to work, so I put info about the anime below where it's not so easy to read at first glance. I don't understand why it's not working... I highlighted the section that details spoiler, and then clicked the spoiler tag button, but nothing happens. -_-

about a girl, Misuki, who wants to be a vocalist/singer. She becomes known as Full Moon, and is able to transform with the help of two Shinigami Demon God's to transform from a 12 year old to a 16 year old. She is in love with a guy named Eichi, only to find out, when finally finding his household, that he passed away two years ago. This discourages her from wanting to pursue her dreams of being a famous singer, which she did bring into a reality, because when they were children they promised they would meet again one day when they were both living their dreams.
"But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord." - 1 Corinthians 3:18.
TsubasaKamen

Postby NekoNinja16 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:53 pm

@TsubasaKamen: Another way to make a spoiler tag is to type [spoiler]and here's whatever you want to hide and then [ /spoiler] without the space in between. ^^

NekoNinja16

Postby skreyola » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:42 pm

NekoNinja16 wrote:@TsubasaKamen: Another way to make a spoiler tag is to type [spoiler]and here's whatever you want to hide and then [ /spoiler] without the space in between. ^^

@NekoNinja: "Another"? It's the only way I know of. ;) I've stopped trying to use the buttons for anything.

@TsubasaKamen: Yeah, the spoiler button doesn't seem to be working (it isn't just you), but you can get spoiler tags by typing them manually.
Where did you find Full Moon? I watched it a while back, but when I went to rewatch it, the streaming site no longer had it.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby TsubasaKamen » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:44 pm

You can watch Full Moon on <mod snip: it's against forum rules to link to illegal streaming sites> (of course it's in English on that site). . . I watched the first half of the series on that site, then switched over to YouTube to watch the rest. The problem is I think the Japanese Subbed version, which is on YouTube, is Fan Subbed. But it still seems accurate enough and believable to watch.
Last edited by goldenspines on Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Linking to illegal streaming sites is against forum rules.
"But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord." - 1 Corinthians 3:18.
TsubasaKamen

Postby NekoNinja16 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:25 am

skreyola wrote:
NekoNinja16 wrote:@TsubasaKamen: Another way to make a spoiler tag is to type [spoiler]and here's whatever you want to hide and then [ /spoiler] without the space in between. ^^

@NekoNinja: "Another"? It's the only way I know of. ;) I've stopped trying to use the buttons for anything.

Me too, I didn't even KNOW about the spoiler button until they mentioned it. XD

NekoNinja16

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:54 am

Silver Spoon episode 5

It's been such a long time since I read this part of the manga, so I don't really remember...but I feel like it happened somewhat differently in the manga. Unless the incident I'm remembering happens later on....

Moribito episode 3

Oooh, I really like the action of this show! 8D Really cool battles, nice sharp animation. I like the way this is going. Though I'm a little confused as to that last battle between the two spear-fighters.... Maybe my questions will be answered next episode.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby skreyola » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:57 pm

Just bought and watched Secret World of Arrietty. It was good. Not much more to say about that. I didn't have as strong a reaction to it as to, for example, Spirited Away, but I enjoyed it.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby Thunderscream872 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:59 am

Bleach episode 60 -- this was probably the best episode so far.

The Heroic Legend of Arslan episode 4.

Arcana Famiglia episode 1.

BlazBlue: Alter Memory episode 1. I love the art in this one.
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby Mullet Death » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:07 pm

Any time I'm feeling really down, down enough that I even feel like there's not much point in living any more, I watch an episode of Non Non Biyori. The latest Repeat episode (10) was particularly special, with another episode showcasing the relationship between 「駄菓子屋」 ("Candy Store") and Renge. Wonderful episode.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby skreyola » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:32 pm

Mullet Death wrote:Any time I'm feeling really down, down enough that I even feel like there's not much point in living any more, I watch an episode of Non Non Biyori. The latest Repeat episode (10) was particularly special, with another episode showcasing the relationship between 「駄菓子屋」 ("Candy Store") and Renge. Wonderful episode.

It's a great show. I just watched Episode 7 of the first season, last night, and it was about Kaede and Ren-chon, too.:)
Anime List
skreyola

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:40 am

Jyu-Oh-Sei episode 3

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I was really sad to get a confirmation that Rai is dead, because I wanted to enjoy Minami Takayama's voice longer! :( Ah well, at least I have Romi Paku to look forward to. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, Bones animation is pretty much my favorite thing ever ^_^ Interesting setting, interesting society. I feel like, for such a short anime, they're taking an awfully long time developing everything, but I guess all of this setup is probably important for what happens later.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby EventualDay » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:47 am

skreyola wrote:Just bought and watched Secret World of Arrietty. It was good. Not much more to say about that. I didn't have as strong a reaction to it as to, for example, Spirited Away, but I enjoyed it.

The Secret World of Arrietty is my favorite Ghibli movie, though I understand why it's not the most popular :) I love the way they do light and rain in the movie (also how they do it in Garden of Words), and Spiller is so absolutely adorable.... I thought I would get bored since the plot is a bit slow, but somehow I was really wrapped up inside the movie's sense of adventure. Also, this is one of the only anime I've seen with my mom. And she liked it, instead of thinking it was odd haha XD

It's fun how everyone has different stories/movies that speak best to them, isn't it? ;)
EventualDay

Postby skreyola » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:35 pm

EventualDay wrote:
skreyola wrote:Just bought and watched Secret World of Arrietty. It was good. Not much more to say about that. I didn't have as strong a reaction to it as to, for example, Spirited Away, but I enjoyed it.

The Secret World of Arrietty is my favorite Ghibli movie, though I understand why it's not the most popular :) I love the way they do light and rain in the movie (also how they do it in Garden of Words), and Spiller is so absolutely adorable.... I thought I would get bored since the plot is a bit slow, but somehow I was really wrapped up inside the movie's sense of adventure. Also, this is one of the only anime I've seen with my mom. And she liked it, instead of thinking it was odd haha XD

It's fun how everyone has different stories/movies that speak best to them, isn't it? ;)

It had a lots of great moments, and the cinematography is excellent. I loved the scene with the pillbug, and the attention to detail (Spiller was very apropos, too). While I didn't have as strong a reaction to this as to others of their films, it was very well executed.
Anime List
skreyola

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews