What Manga are you reading?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Re: What Manga are you reading?

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:36 am

Silver Spoon chapter 109 - I need Hachiken's dad around to ask where the exit is at all the worst possible moments :lol:

The Heroic Legend of Arslan chapter 22 - Wait, what happened to chapter 21...? Was it labeled wrong...? *gives up* I loved all the antics in this chapter, and how nothing is ever as simple as it seems at first. Also, I totally cracked up when Gieve SPOILER: Highlight text to read: tried to throw away the Yaldabaoth book because it denounced the temptation of women :lol:
Last edited by the_wolfs_howl on Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby GeneD » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:13 am

Finished The Voynich Hotel a few days ago, completely unexpectedly since I didn't know it was ending and suddenly there were only 2 chapters left. I really enjoyed it, though I can't recommend it due to content: lots of violence, more than a few instances of nudity, drug use, supernatural stuff *coughcough* yeah so lots of potentially objectionable stuff. But the art and the absolute off-the-wall quirkiness of the characters plus the dark, dark humour kept me hooked. The pace is good, juggling a ton of different story-lines and unique characters, though some of the chapters are way too short. I'm definitely sad that it's over, but the wrap up of almost everything in the end was done well.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby NekoNinja16 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:55 pm

I went ahead and bought the first volume of I Am Here. (there are three volumes I think?) I already finished it.(not like it was small, I just read for like an hour straight) XD I liked it a lot, but I can't entirely sympathize with Hikage that much because although I also spend time on the internet and have no friends, I'm home-schooled so it doesn't really matter to me. -3- (then again I have a sibling, so...) XD I'd also be way more outspoken when SPOILER: Highlight text to read: those girls bullied her. (like punching... ^^; ) So far I like the way things are going, but I can't help but hope it doesn't turn out like Kitchen Princess (which I also saw at the bookstore! All of it! But I didn't really want it that much considering I already read it and the whole set would been $50. -v-") with who she's supposed to be with. In conclusion, it's been cute so far, and I'll hafta try to find
Just gonna stick a couple favorite quotes here.

"You can die at anytime. But living takes true courage. I'm living too, that I am. To repent for all the lives I took." -Kenshin Himura

"I would rather die as Blues than live forever as someone else." -Proto Man

Weird, they seem to be about dying. XD
NekoNinja16

Postby MangaRocks! » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:39 am

Pandora Hearts chapter 104 (end):

"To be able to cry like this... that's what it means to be happy."

Oh man... Pandora Hearts... is over... :sniffle: I've been following this for years, so right now I don't quite know how to feel... but I think that's a good thing.

This ending was probably just about the best possible ending that could be expected-- indeed, it was both more heartbreaking and yet also happier than I thought it would be. (Yes, I cried. :) )

Spoilerific thoughts here: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Oh man... at first I was all like "WAIT, WHAT IS GOING ON," but then my heart started breaking, because I *knew* it was a fantasy. :sniffle: It was so beautiful, though; and the idea that that 'alternate reality' really was playing out somewhere, perhaps in another of the Jurors' stories, was also a beautiful thought. <3 :sniffle: And then oh man... more heartbreak with Alice and the Core... :sniffle:

But then SUDDENLY BARMA: Yes!! I knew it! :jump: :grin: (And the reunion was so adorable. <3 )

As for the Abyss restored to what it should be: Even though that drawing was not in color, it was beautiful enough to make it quite easy to imagine just how beautiful it *really* was...
...And then, of course, there was the final portion... :sniffle: :hug:

The goodbye scene with Oz, Alice, and Gil was, again, both beautiful and heartbreaking. <3 :sniffle: (Which is where that quote from the beginning of my post came from-- a line perfect for both there and here.) And oh man, Gil... that 'waiting 100 years' statement was indeed just what he would say... <3 :sniffle:

And then that epilogue portion: Wow. I was honestly quite surprised and saddened at the fact that Barma never did marry Sheryl (and in fact died only three years later) :( , as well as at the whole thing with Ada and Vincent. :( (I don't really blame Vince, though... after his growth from how incredibly messed-up he was in the beginning to now, I think he genuinely thought he was doing the right thing there; and who knows? Maybe he actually did. Still sad, though. :( ) Reim x Sharon was also quite unexpected, but certainly plausible after what they all went through together; and I have to say that I thought it was kinda sweet and nice. :) Out of the surviving main characters, Leo was basically the only one left out of the epilogue; however, since he really had his resolution already, there wasn't much of anything left to say there anyway, so that was fine. Which, of course, just leaves those last few pages...

...And wow. Gil did it; he lived for over 100 years. <3 And oh man, Vincent's "That would be disappointing, after all I've done" line got so much more meaning once you realized what he actually meant-- that he had finally found and brought the reborn Oz and Alice there for Gil. <3 Also, to see Vince go from literally trying to change history to erase his very existence in the beginning to now openly being glad that he lived here at the end was really moving. <3 :sniffle: And that swing from Gil's deep grief at his one final loss to his unbounded joy at his (by that point almost despaired-of) surprise reunion (Vince's last gift to him <3 ) was quite moving as well. <3 :hug: :sniffle: (And I guess the "Retrace" word being in all the chapter titles makes sense now, too-- it means Oz and Alice are retracing all of their previous memories and experiences, with Gil's help. <3 :) )

Once this settles in a bit, I'm planning on re-reading the entire series from start to finish; and I still have a few volume extras that I missed to go yet, plus the ~Caucus Race~ novels (which Yen Press will begin publishing in June! :jump: ) to look forward to, as well. <3 Technically, though, this is the end; and it ended well. I am really glad to have experienced this amazing series. :hug:
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby GeneD » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:36 am

MangaRocks! wrote:Pandora Hearts chapter 104 (end)

Oh might be a good time to start reading PH then. I've always loved the art from it, tried both the anime and manga on separate occasions, but didn't get into either for no particular reason that I can remember.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
GeneD

Postby MangaRocks! » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:36 pm

GeneD wrote:

Oh might be a good time to start reading PH then. I've always loved the art from it, tried both the anime and manga on separate occasions, but didn't get into either for no particular reason that I can remember.

Yeah, the art is beautiful. <3 And heh, IIRC I think the beginning of the series was a little bit confusing (until it's explained), so that might be why. But it does make sense later (the plot was obviously planned out very well in advance), the character development is quite literally among the best I've ever seen in a manga, and the twists are awesome, so I'd definitely recommend giving the manga a try again! :thumb:
Saved by grace.

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby WorldsTraveler » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:26 pm

MangaRocks! wrote:And heh, IIRC I think the beginning of the series was a little bit confusing (until it's explained), so that might be why. But it does make sense later (the plot was obviously planned out very well in advance), the character development is quite literally among the best I've ever seen in a manga, and the twists are awesome, so I'd definitely recommend giving the manga a try again! :thumb:

At what point does this happen, exactly? I'm at chapter 52 and to be honest the story is just frustrating me at this point. ^^; Like... there's a lot of information being given and a lot of intensity but I don't see meaning in it yet. I'd be willing to hang in there a little longer if the series starts to show more consolidation and substance. Thoughts?
WorldsTraveler

Postby MangaRocks! » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:00 pm

WorldsTraveler wrote:At what point does this happen, exactly? I'm at chapter 52 and to be honest the story is just frustrating me at this point. ^^; Like... there's a lot of information being given and a lot of intensity but I don't see meaning in it yet. I'd be willing to hang in there a little longer if the series starts to show more consolidation and substance. Thoughts?

At what point do the explanations occur, you mean? ;) Let's see... chapter 52, that should be right in the middle of the SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Head-Hunter arc, right? Oh man... yeah, there's a lot still to come. :) (Now, as a disclaimer, by that point in the story I was already well past having become a fan, LOL, so our definitions of substance are probably different here; but, that said, without spoiling anything I can say that that arc you're currently in certainly does end up being a pretty darn big turning point {in more ways than one}.)

And as for consolidation, yeah, a lot of things are not only explained between the point you're at and the end, but they also actually SPOILER: Highlight text to read: end up completely changing your understanding of the entire story. More than once! (Hence my mention of the {IMO, of course ;) } awesomeness of the twists. :thumb:

As excellent as the plot is (again, IMO :) ), however, I do have to once again note that the characters (and their relationships/interactions, and-- in particular-- their personal development/growth over the course of the story) are a huge factor in the series, at least equal to (if not possibly even more so than) the plot itself.

But, yeah, I'd say stick with it through at least the end of the next arc after the one you're in, because you're just about to the point where it really starts to dig into certain things plot-wise. :)
Saved by grace.

MangaRocks!

Postby WorldsTraveler » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:09 pm

That's exactly what I wanted to know, thanks! A big story-changing plot twist is what I've been waiting for. I'll go ahead and keep reading then.

Update: I finished the arc. TBH this series has turned into too much of a blood-bath for my liking. Even if the plot is interesting, it's not worth it for me. I'll pass.
WorldsTraveler

Postby nillapoet » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:45 am

MangaRocks! wrote:
GeneD wrote:

Yeah, the art is beautiful. <3 And heh, IIRC I think the beginning of the series was a little bit confusing (until it's explained), so that might be why. But it does make sense later (the plot was obviously planned out very well in advance), the character development is quite literally among the best I've ever seen in a manga, and the twists are awesome, so I'd definitely recommend giving the manga a try again! :thumb:

After I finish the Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer, I'll give PH another shot. I made it through two chapters but gave up because it confused me.
nillapoet

Postby Mullet Death » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:56 am

Fairy Tail 428: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Been brought up before, but especially given recent chapters, I can think of three possible explanations for Gray's current behavior. I'm scared the first explanation might in fact be the case. 1.) I hate even making the comparison, but Gray could be becoming the next Sasuke. He could be doing this all intentionally, with the Demon Slayer magic side effects only being a catalyst for what he's doing. 2.) It's all the Demon Slayer magic, and he's not in control of his actions. 3.) He's just a really good actor like his old man was. Any other theories yet?

Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches 154

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Kilvakar » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:27 pm

Fairy Tail 428: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I really, REALLY hope he's not going the Sasuke route, although friends turning evil seems to be a thing in manga (happened in Naruto, Bleach, and now Fairy Tail). One of my friends jokingly called him "Graysuke" the other day, though. :P I think from the way he's acting it's more likely that he's either not in control of his actions or he's just faking it. He's always been really single-minded when it comes to his goals... Can't wait for Gajeel to show up and find Gray and Natsu there, though :)
Image Image
"Comrade isn't simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It's the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, fell free to lean on me...And I, too, will lean on you as well."---Mavis Vermillion, First Master of Fairy Tail

"There are people in this world who enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bear solitude."---Makarov Dreyar, Third Master of Fairy Tail
Kilvakar

Postby Kaori » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:38 pm

Yume no Soko ch. 1-11 (complete): A story about a young girl who is in a coma and ends up in a sort of in-between world where there are some people who are not really alive or dead, or who are dead but for whatever reason have not gone to the proper afterlife. It deals things like the lingering emotions and regrets that people hang onto in a sort of subtle, Japanese way, a bit wistful and elegiac at times. Kind of hard to describe the tone, but at any rate it was pretty good and a worthwhile read.

Planetes --> ch. 9. Somehow I thought this was merely a slice-of-life in space and would be pretty laid-back, but there is actually a lot of conflict and a larger ongoing plot arc with the Jupiter mission.

Yume no Moribito --> chapter 9. I was creeped out for a little while by the age difference between the leads (the female lead was woken from a coma and was, for a little while, mentally 10 years old), but she is making rapid strides in her mental growth and it looks like it will end up as a typical upper-teen x twentysomething, which is still sketchy but not as bad. Also, the plot seems to be developing into a longer, more overarching story arc.

Joou no Hana is up to ch. 8B in the English translation and has some political stuff going on.

Am also caught up with the English translations of Akagami no Shirayuki-hime (everyone already knows this is a good, clean manga, so there's no need for further comment) and Taiyou no Ie (I am not all that big on slice of life, but this one is pretty decent).

I guess I haven't mentioned this one in here, although I read it several months ago, but Ayakashi Hisen (ch. 1-29, ongoing) is pretty good. It's a shojo supernatural romance with a typical Japanese focus on exorcism of ghosts. The male lead is super-nice. Also, the female lead starts to develop some abilities specifically because she wants to help her guy and not be useless, and I kind of like the way that her ability is different from and complimentary to his; although she might not have reached his power level yet (unlike him, she has just started developing her spiritual powers), she nevertheless does have a pretty strong ability and is far from being helpless.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby NekoNinja16 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:21 am

Kaori wrote:
Am also caught up with the English translations of Akagami no Shirayuki-hime (everyone already knows this is a good, clean manga, so there's no need for further comment) and Taiyou no Ie (I am not all that big on slice of life, but this one is pretty decent).

Regarding Akagami no Shirayuki-hime: It's clean? That's good, I looked it up once but couldn't find any reviews concerning content. But does it have any (or much) magic in it? If it's a small amount it shouldn't be a problem.

"You can die at anytime. But living takes true courage. I'm living too, that I am. To repent for all the lives I took." -Kenshin Himura

NekoNinja16

Postby WorldsTraveler » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:18 am

NekoNinja16 wrote:Regarding Akagami no Shirayuki-hime: It's clean? That's good, I looked it up once but couldn't find any reviews concerning content. But does it have any (or much) magic in it? If it's a small amount it shouldn't be a problem.

Interestingly enough, although Akagami is labeled fantasy, there is no magic! Just new and fascinating species of plants and animals, as you would typically find in any fantasy worldbuilding. ^^
WorldsTraveler

Postby Kaori » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:31 pm

WorldsTraveler wrote:
NekoNinja16 wrote:Regarding Akagami no Shirayuki-hime: It's clean? That's good, I looked it up once but couldn't find any reviews concerning content. But does it have any (or much) magic in it? If it's a small amount it shouldn't be a problem.

Interestingly enough, although Akagami is labeled fantasy, there is no magic! Just new and fascinating species of plants and animals, as you would typically find in any fantasy worldbuilding. ^^

Yeah, I can't recall there being anything supernatural in it at all. I guess it gets labeled as fantasy because it is in a world with castles and royalty and a lot of those things that typically would be in fantasy stories that are vaguely based off of medieval Western Europe. But although there's nothing supernatural, it's not historical either because it is a purely fictional setting not based on any particular historical time and place. It just has a lot of castles and princes and knights and so on (and one ninja). And as WorldsTraveler said, some new and fictional plant and animal species. For example, in recent chapters there are some plants and stones that glow, but it's not magical but something naturally occurring and that has a scientific explanation.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.

MAL
Kaori

Postby NekoNinja16 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:51 pm

Kaori wrote:
WorldsTraveler wrote:

Yeah, I can't recall there being anything supernatural in it at all. I guess it gets labeled as fantasy because it is in a world with castles and royalty and a lot of those things that typically would be in fantasy stories that are vaguely based off of medieval Western Europe. But although there's nothing supernatural, it's not historical either because it is a purely fictional setting not based on any particular historical time and place. It just has a lot of castles and princes and knights and so on (and one ninja). And as WorldsTraveler said, some new and fictional plant and animal species. For example, in recent chapters there are some plants and stones that glow, but it's not magical but something naturally occurring and that has a scientific explanation.

Awesome! Thanks! ^^ I'll start reading it soon.

NekoNinja16

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:18 am

Pandora Hearts Ch 104 End.

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: That tea party scene...I already knew it had to be somebody dreaming and then it turns out it was in an alternate reality in another story. Gosh it was so cute and fun, I wanna go to dat tea party too!

Then Oz had to kill Alyss and I was slightly confused for a moment but then it turns out that that would result in Oz and Alice dying too. Then Gil's goodbye scene and his 'I waited 10 years for you, I'll wait 100 more!' line was just...:'(

And the Abyss was so beautiful too! Then Rufus! Yes! I was glad to see he was alive and, like MR, I was sad to see he never got married to Sheryl and then died three years later. The whole Sharon/Reim thing majorly surprised me but it also made sense. I can imagine the smile of Break's face, watching from the Abyss. I can also imagine that if he had lived and the two still got married, that he would have made a bunch of silly little remarks to them but would have been clapping the hardest. <3 I wish that Vincent and Ada could have been together but, to be honest, I found what he did to be much sweeter. This just shows that he really does love her and just wants her to be happy with the kind of life that she deserves. And I'm sure she knew it too. Then we have Gil having lived a hundred years and now standing in the place where it all began. Then Vincent shows up (It was weird seeing him with short hair though) and he dies. And I'm all like 'Dang it! Why is everyone dying?!' Then Oz and Alice reborn show up and I was like ' so THAT'S what Vincent meant when he said he did it for Gil or maybe more for himself. He found them!' And they may not have all of their memories but apparently enough to recognize Gil. That tackle hug was just beautiful!Yes. I cried. A lot.

In the end, this is my all time favorite manga and it will be hard for anything else to top this. It is only the second I ever followed from month to month once I caught up with it and it is one I won't forget. And I can say is I am very grateful for this wonderful story to have been brought into this world. :')
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby GeneD » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:15 pm

Since I felt ambitious about filling the Oresama Teacher and Assassination Classroom-shaped holes in my heart (recently marathoned both up to the current chapters) I decided to take up 3 different manga and kinda pair reading them off against each other.

1. Per MangaRocks' endorsement I started Pandora Hearts, not much to say since I'm only at chapter 5 which is still within the realm of what I covered the first time I tried it. I can't actually remember where exactly I stopped so I have no idea when to expect new territory. Pretty art is pretty. Pretty Gil is pretty.

2. Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro aka Demon Detective Brain Eater Neuro. This has been on my list for a while and I started it mostly from coming off an Assassination Classroom high since it's by the same mangaka. Not quite what I expected, it's a lot more zany and fast-paced, so it's difficult to tell where it's going and what I think about the characters. Either way, I'll keep at it and see I guess.

3. Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo aka Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches: This is an interesting one since I also just started watching the anime airing this season and am more or less keeping pace between the two. What is interesting to me is that I can see exactly where they cut, changed or rearranged stuff in the anime, something that I've never been able to do in such "detail" before. So far the anime has less fan-service and cut out two chapters/mini-"arcs" completely, although I suspect one of them might crop up in the next episode or two. Anyway, so far it's fun and light-hearted enough and definitely the easiest read of the three, although there's fairly regular fan-service and people kissing each other, something to consider for anyone thinking of looking into it.

MAL
Twitter
GeneD

Postby nillapoet » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:52 am

Finished the Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer. It was really good but I didn't understand some things. It may have been the translation I was reading.
nillapoet

Postby nillapoet » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:47 pm

Akame ga Kill ch 58 and 59. Probably my favorite series.
Fairy Tail Zero 10
Fairy Tail Ice Trail 10
nillapoet

Postby NekoNinja16 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:37 pm

Akagami no Shirayukihime. I kind of forgot to read it for a bit, but just read a few chapters, and I just finished 13 and all I have to say is:

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: YEEEEESSSSS!!!! YEEESSSS!!! XD Oh, thank God. I had to get through SO many chapters in Special A till something like this happened, and SO. MANY. MORE. in Ouran, and here I'm at 13 and there's already a kiss! YAAAYY *fangirling* Also, I can't decide if I'm supposed to like or hate Zen's brother... he hasn't done anything completely despicable in my eyes(or maybe I just missed something) , and... he's really good-looking. ^^; So, is Obi the ninja that someone mentioned? Or was it the guy in chapter 2? Or both? Couldn't completely tell from the attire. Anyway, LOVING it right now, I just gotta remember to keep reading so I don't forget stuff.(which is only possible since Ouran is easily an attention-stealer, I was rewatching it with my brother[so he could see it])

NekoNinja16

Postby Kaori » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:10 pm

@NekoNinja: Glad you're enjoying it! And yes, I was referring to Obi.

Forgot to mention this title last time:

Princess Jellyfish ch. 1-77. This is pretty good stuff. I think there are, or were, several people on CAA who were familiar with the anime, so as a comment on the differences between them I'll just say that (having skimmed over some of the synopsis of the anime) I think the anime picked an extremely logical and good place to end things; if events in the manga had just played out slightly differently, then the story could really have conceivably ended there. But actually, in the manga SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Chieko's mother does notchange her mind about selling Amamizukan after seeing the fashion show that the Amars put on, and the characters all have to go through a whole lot more things, and even at the point that I've read to the end isn't anywhere in sight.

MAL
Kaori

Postby NekoNinja16 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:34 pm

@Kaori: Ah, okay. :) He's awesome. XD

NekoNinja16

Postby NekoNinja16 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:44 pm

Reading more and more of Akakgami no Shirayukihime. I've really read enough for today, but I don't wanna stop. @-@ So good, lol. Made it past chapter 40. (I have a problem lol)

NekoNinja16

Postby NekoNinja16 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:58 pm

Aaand... I made it to the most recent chapter of Akagami no Shirayukihime(at least where I'm reading it), which would be 64. It's pretty cool how at the end they showed the character designs for the anime. ^^ So far, I would definitely buy this manga if it was released in English. XD (only problem I've had is the swearing, which is generally pretty light but there was one case of swearing with God's name, though I'm going to assume it was just the particular translation...) Still so excited for the anime, I hope it's a longer one. ^^ (aka NOT 12 or 13 episodes -_-)

NekoNinja16

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:58 pm

Finally got back to reading Liar Game. I'm now up to chapter 150. Every time a new round starts in this manga, I want to quote Sherlock and say, "The game is on!" XD
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri May 01, 2015 8:26 am

Finished Pandora Hearts. Surprisingly, I have very few words. It was pretty and nice and good. I teared up a bit, which was rather unexpected.

I feel bad because, although the story is quite beautiful and well done and I have nothing against it, SPOILER: Highlight text to read: my level of interest and engagement in the story of Pandora Hearts literally plummeted after Break's death. I wanted to see it through to the end, but at that point I wasn't upset or surprised excited or overwhelmed about much of anything. I'm glad I finished it and I definitely enjoyed it, but it just wasn't the same without Break.

I'm also surprised that everyone was surprised about Reim and Sharon. It was foreshadowed at Break's death when he saw a picture of them with a kid. So it was very much expected as far as I could tell. Break is smart.

All in all, it was beautiful, and while Tsubasa still holds a strong first in my heart, Pandora Hearts did give it a run for its money, and I'm very pleased to have been able to enjoy this story. It's meant a lot to me, in more ways than one.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby GeneD » Sun May 10, 2015 12:39 pm

New Yotsubato! chapter *cries tears of happiness*

Still mostly reading Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro, Pandora Hearts and Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo. My idea of reading the latter "in-step" with the anime kinda got blown out of the water, it's ridiculously easy and quick to read, unlike the other two.

It's been on my radar for a while, but was prompted to start reading One-Punch Man after seeing character art for the upcoming anime. Briefly, it's about an unassuming man who is a superhero "as a hobby" but is so powerful he beats any opponent with a single punch, and thus is kinda bored and hoping to find someone who can present him with at least a bit of a challenge. It's way funnier and more self-aware and tongue-in-cheek than I expected. Needless to say I'm enjoying it immensely and speeding through it.

MAL
Twitter
GeneD

Postby Kilvakar » Sun May 10, 2015 3:20 pm

Fairy Tail 429-432: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Well, glad they ended Gray's brief sojourn on the dark side, lol! While I suspected that he was infiltrating from the beginning, they did a good job of making you wonder. Although I've gotta say, all the torturing stuff that they referenced was a little iffy...maybe that's just me. But now I can't wait for them to finish off the rest of the Avatar army and reunite the main team. I hope they get ALL of Fairy Tail back, because it would be sad if even the "lesser" supporting characters didn't return. The guild just wouldn't be the same.

Bleach 625: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I'm glad Grimmjow's joining up with them. I was never a "fan" of him, but I really like that the Arrancar might be helping out. With the remaining Quincy and the Fullbringers helping out now, here's hoping that they might all be allied or at least on peaceful terms with the Soul Reapers after it's all over. I'm beginning to wonder if they'll ever show the full abilities of characters like Kisuke Urahara and the new Head Captain Kyoraku, as things seem to be quickly drawing to a close, but we'll see.
Image Image
"Comrade isn't simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It's the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, fell free to lean on me...And I, too, will lean on you as well."---Mavis Vermillion, First Master of Fairy Tail

"There are people in this world who enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bear solitude."---Makarov Dreyar, Third Master of Fairy Tail
Kilvakar

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews