What Game Are You Playing Right Now?

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Re: What Game Are You Playing Right Now?

Postby Xeno » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:06 am

What system are you playing Metro on? I really don't care for fps games, but I do love suspense/thriller action-adventure type games. Would you recommend it to someone with those tastes and on the Xbox One (the third Xbox)?
Xeno

Postby Mullet Death » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:54 am

I've been playing it on my Linux box with a high end graphics card, but I'm sure it would be good on the One as well. I guess it depends on what you liked in those genres, and I'm not sure what I would compare this game to. It's usually not scary in the sense that the original FEAR-- a game that literally gave me nightmares-- is, but I think it does a great job of creating and maintaining atmosphere. I really got the sense that I was the world of these few surviving humans still split into factions and killing each other despite scrambling about in tunnels like cornered animals. There's urgency in the combat on higher difficulties. Hmm. I'm not sure if any of that answers your question. D: Not trying to oversell it, and I can't guarantee that you'll like it, but if you're into post-apocalyptic stuff there's a good chance you will.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby LastLfan » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:52 am

Just beat bioshock:infinite and am now playing the first one. Wow, I mean just wow, I'm not a huge fps fan but these games just blow my mind, the world, the music, the characters, all of it. The vibe between Columbia and rapture is so different yet these games belong together, it's truly a great series.
LastLfan

Postby Kilvakar » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:31 pm

You getting introduced to Monster Hunter, Mullet? It's definitely one of my favorite series :D
Image Image
"Comrade isn't simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It's the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, fell free to lean on me...And I, too, will lean on you as well."---Mavis Vermillion, First Master of Fairy Tail

"There are people in this world who enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bear solitude."---Makarov Dreyar, Third Master of Fairy Tail
Kilvakar

Postby Xeno » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:05 pm

Picked up the "New" Nintendo 3DS XL yesterday along with Majora's Mask 3D and Story of Seasons (part of the real Harvest Moon series). I'm waiting for Nintendo to do whatever it is they have to do in their system to free up my NNID from the old 3DS I got rid of early last year so I can link it to the new console and get my old games back.
Xeno

Postby IPv4 » Sat May 02, 2015 12:13 pm

heroes 2, really old game.
IPv4

Postby artisticDreamer » Sun May 03, 2015 2:17 pm

Twilight Princess, still. I'm now in the sky temple.
artisticDreamer

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat May 16, 2015 6:05 am

I finally got around to finishing Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, and have now started Azran Legacy. The last Professor Layton game! A bittersweet feeling.... :sniffle:
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby IPv4 » Mon May 25, 2015 1:40 pm

I AM CURRENTLY PLAYING "LIFE IS STRANGE" ON PLAYSTATION 3. IT IS A FAIRLY NEW VISUAL NOVEL GAME. IT IS LIKE WALKING DEAD EXCEPT LESS VIOLENCE, BETTER GRAPHICS AND ANIMATION AND YOUR CHOICES AFFECTS THE STORY A LOT MORE IN THIS GAME. ALSO I AM GOING TO SPEND A LOT OF TIME THIS SUMMER SEARCHING FOR MY PARENTS "BARELY USED" POLAROID CAMERA (WHICH IS TO LOOK LIKE ONE OF THOSE SPECTRA MODELS). THE MAIN GAME CHARACTER IN THE GAME CALLED MAX(INE) USES A POLAROID CAMERA!!!!

edit: I ALSO WANT TO GIVE ALL THE MUSIC USED IN THIS GAME A 5 OUT OF 5 RATING.
IPv4

Postby Mullet Death » Thu May 28, 2015 4:05 pm

Been playing quite a few things. Bought about twenty Linux games through the Humble Store on sale recently and can't seem to decide what I want to focus on. Beat the first playthrough of a title called Bastion, and played through the creepy Among the Sleep and the ridiculous Octodad: Dadliest Catch once each as well. Probably gonna play Trine, FEZ, or Brutal Legend as well. Bought Borderlands 2, but don't wanna play it before I go play the original game first, and maybe that "Pre-Sequel" title. THERE AREN'T ENOUGH HOURS IN THE DAY, NOR ENOUGH MOTIVATION TO SEE THINGS THROUGH.

Mullet Death

Postby IPv4 » Fri May 29, 2015 12:08 pm

Apparently my sibling managed to get a polaroid camera before I did.... so now I must steal it.
IPv4

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:26 am

Played some of Alan Wake and Assassin's Creed 2 at my brother's house.
Finally, after months of putting off beating the final boss, me and my sister beat FFIX. The ending was cute <3.
Attempting to replay Pokemon Ranger : Shadows Of Almia
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:34 pm

I finished Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, which means I've just finished the Professor Layton series! :dance: Not sure what I'll play next.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Fantasia » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:41 pm

I've been playing Splatoon! It's still a bit light on content, but the gameplay is a blast.

On a related note, Nintendo's E3 presentation was rather disappointing, but I am still excited for Super Mario Maker and Yoshi's Wooly World.
Fantasia

Postby NastjaChan » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:33 am

I'm currently playing 'Child of Light'. It's such an amazing game *.*
The music and Design is so beautiful. It's like playing in a painting X3
“And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.”
~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince
NastjaChan

Location: In a small village in the deep countryside somewhere in Germany

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:37 am

I just started playing FFVIII, which I've been wanting to play for years and years. I'm curious to see if it'll live up to the hype.

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Mullet Death » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:19 pm

Considering the insane amount that I've spent during Steam sales, Humble Bundles and sales, and on itch.io so far this summer, I've been playing a crapload of games. A few highlights:

Amnesia:The Dark Descent: not to hype it too much or anything, but this is a masterpiece of horror. Might be the only time a game or any work of fiction has ever made me shout aloud in genuine, primal fear before (it was during one of the few times I died, for the record. What happened caught me off guard.) Whatever grievances I may have with the game otherwise, it says something about the title when it can invoke such strong emotions in me. Immersing yourself in its dark world is quite an experience.

Borderlands: Got my hands on the first one for a buck and have been blazing through it with a buddy (got to level 30, I think?). It's hilarious, has endearing characters (Claptrap!) and enemies (I looooove midget psychos!), awesome weapons, and is overall a real blast. It combines two of my favorite gaming things-- (kind of) open-world rpg-- and shooting everything that moves.

Super Win the Game: A funny, retro-styled indie platformer that I haven't gotten to play much yet but has so far totally won me over, and the developers seem like the sort of people I want to support. I have not yet super won the game.

Braid: An indie puzzle platformer that looks like a great work of art. That said, I can't seem to get myself to play it, because the puzzles in this game are haaaaaard. I guess puzzle games aren't really for me. I'll get it finished eventually...

Spec Ops: The Line: I love third person shooters more than first person ones so I enjoyed this "AAA" diversion. It's the sort of game that would be ruined if I mentioned anything about the story, but for the $7 I paid for it, it was pretty good. I'm pretty sure it features the same voice actor as Nathan Drake from the Uncharted franchise, as our main character Walker.

Battleblock Theater: One of the funniest, cutest little games in my library, and I say that without even being close to finishing it. Same developer who made Castle Crashers, a game I will most certainly buy now that I've been exposed to this gem of a game.

pretty: An hour-long kinetic novel on itch.io, one of many I've been playing (or really reading I guess, but I still consider them games) from there. It was made for the visual novel equivalent of Nanowrimo and most would probably dismiss it as amateurish, but I couldn't help but really like it. Evidently the developer is working on a more full-fledged VN based on this work thanks to popular demand and I'm looking forward to their projects.

Cool story bro.

Mullet Death

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:42 pm

Mullet Death wrote:Amnesia:The Dark Descent: not to hype it too much or anything, but this is a masterpiece of horror. Might be the only time a game or any work of fiction has ever made me shout aloud in genuine, primal fear before (it was during one of the few times I died, for the record. What happened caught me off guard.) Whatever grievances I may have with the game otherwise, it says something about the title when it can invoke such strong emotions in me. Immersing yourself in its dark world is quite an experience.

I agree 100%. I actually found it less scary than the Penumbra trilogy, but it was still freaky and there was a lot of gasping from my corner of the room while I played it. Have you played any of the expansions? Machine for Pigs is quite possibly the most disturbing (yet amazing and unforgettable) games I've ever encountered.

Because I have no life, I've started playing The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the 998765322568709654th time. Also attempting to figure out how the heck FFVIII's battle system works x.x

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Mullet Death » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:21 pm

the_wolfs_howl wrote:
Mullet Death wrote:Amnesia:The Dark Descent: not to hype it too much or anything, but this is a masterpiece of horror. Might be the only time a game or any work of fiction has ever made me shout aloud in genuine, primal fear before (it was during one of the few times I died, for the record. What happened caught me off guard.) Whatever grievances I may have with the game otherwise, it says something about the title when it can invoke such strong emotions in me. Immersing yourself in its dark world is quite an experience.

I agree 100%. I actually found it less scary than the Penumbra trilogy, but it was still freaky and there was a lot of gasping from my corner of the room while I played it. Have you played any of the expansions? Machine for Pigs is quite possibly the most disturbing (yet amazing and unforgettable) games I've ever encountered.

Although I didn't like it as much as The Dark Descent, since that post I've also played A Machine for Pigs and it was quite good. :) I have not played any of the Dark Descent mods or the Penumbra Trilogy for that matter, but those games are definitely on my wish list, as is anything else by their developer, Frictional Games. Have you seen the trailer for their upcoming game SOMA? Gonna be a day one purchase for me!

Mullet Death

Postby TheAlbinoMoose » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:03 pm

Mullet Death wrote:Battleblock Theater: One of the funniest, cutest little games in my library, and I say that without even being close to finishing it. Same developer who made Castle Crashers, a game I will most certainly buy now that I've been exposed to this gem of a game.

I love that game! I love the narrator's lines so much. xD Also, the credits song is so amazing.

I just finished the newest Nancy Drew PC game (Sea of Darkness). Really good game, better than a lot of their latest ones, but the ending still felt a little anti-climatic...
Do you see this gorgeous creature?
That graceful profile. Those striking eyes. Behold the albino moose.
A wise man once said, "you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose."
TheAlbinoMoose

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:24 am

Mullet Death wrote:Although I didn't like it as much as The Dark Descent, since that post I've also played A Machine for Pigs and it was quite good. :) I have not played any of the Dark Descent mods or the Penumbra Trilogy for that matter, but those games are definitely on my wish list, as is anything else by their developer, Frictional Games. Have you seen the trailer for their upcoming game SOMA? Gonna be a day one purchase for me!

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude yes. I will instantly buy anything Frictional Games makes. Ever. For the rest of my life.
/obsessed

Because I recently got a (low-end) gaming computer, and because it was on my mind, I tried out my copy of Amnesia: The Dark Descent. I'd only played it on a friend's computer before, because I'm a cheapo and never have a good enough computer to play new games. I was astonished and thrilled to discover that Amnesia runs like a dream on my shiny new computer, so I think I'm going to play through it again. Much less scary a second time, of course, but still very fun and pretty.

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Animeniac » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:46 pm

I'm currently playing Twilight Princess (again) LOL
Phillippians 4:8 KJV

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

A lesson without pain is meaningless. For you cannot gain anything without sacrificing something else in return, but once you have overcome it and made it your own...you will gain an irreplaceable fullmetal heart -Hiromu Arakawa

I'm going to fight my hardest....I don't want anyone else to die! -Kirito

"Never break the circle....the circle is what binds us together as one as brothers and sisters...you are my bride...you are beautiful"-Elyon (God) on The Circle series By Ted Dekker

Animeniac

Postby Mullet Death » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:54 pm

There's a shortage of cute black girls in visual novels. The little indie otome game Magical Warrior Diamond Heart remedies the situation slightly. It's just a demo at the moment, but it's about magical girls and more and it's as silly and fun as it sounds. I like the artwork and it kept me laughing. Can't wait for the full game, but who knows when that's coming.

Mullet Death

Postby Xeno » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:20 pm

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1
Danganronpa
Persona 4 Golden
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Batman: Arkham Knight
I'll be starting Zelda: Wind Waker HD in a couple of days.
Xeno

Postby Animeniac » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:23 pm

Xeno wrote:Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1
Danganronpa
Persona 4 Golden
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Batman: Arkham Knight
I'll be starting Zelda: Wind Waker HD in a couple of days.

Batman: Arkham Knight?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Phillippians 4:8 KJV

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

A lesson without pain is meaningless. For you cannot gain anything without sacrificing something else in return, but once you have overcome it and made it your own...you will gain an irreplaceable fullmetal heart -Hiromu Arakawa

I'm going to fight my hardest....I don't want anyone else to die! -Kirito

"Never break the circle....the circle is what binds us together as one as brothers and sisters...you are my bride...you are beautiful"-Elyon (God) on The Circle series By Ted Dekker

Animeniac

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:09 pm

I've been playing Final Fantasy XIV obsessively of late. A friend from work got me into it, and I enjoy it a lot. I'm in the free trial stage, so whether me and my cheapskateness will stick with it is still in question. But it's definitely a fun game, love the BGM, and there is so much detail. I've never seen an MMO with so many NPCs.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Xeno » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:08 am

ClaecElric4God wrote:I've been playing Final Fantasy XIV obsessively of late. A friend from work got me into it, and I enjoy it a lot. I'm in the free trial stage, so whether me and my cheapskateness will stick with it is still in question. But it's definitely a fun game, love the BGM, and there is so much detail. I've never seen an MMO with so many NPCs.

Serious question, isn't FFXIV a game you have to purchase for like $60 and then pay a monthly subscription for on top of that?
Xeno

Postby MomentOfInertia » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:38 pm

I've been fiddling with Card Hunter. A novel game with amusing writing. So far at least, We'll see if it can keep it up.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Will » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:29 pm

J Stars Victory plus anime fighting game and Godzilla the game both for the Ps4. Goku knows how to fight thats for sure.
Will

Postby Shroopy » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:43 pm

I'm playing Fire Emblem Awakening on casual mode. It's been quite fun so far.
HERE BEGINS THE QUOTE SECTION

"Click click click. Still defective." -Defective Turret

"Hands off my bread!"-Falco

"NYEHEHEH!" -Papyrus

THIS IS WHERE THE QUOTE SECTION ENDS

DO NOT READ THIS SENTENCE!

Where did you come from? Yes/No

ImageImageImage
http://img.memecdn.com/i-dare-here-to-do-that-with-a-piggy-bank_o_6395283.jpg
Shroopy

Previous Next

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews