NaNoWriMo 2014

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

Re: NaNoWriMo 2014

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:18 pm

I intended to finish yesterday/today, but my sister had a sleepover that involved 14 hyper teenagers. Between that and work and being tired, in the end I only got about 200 words written. Bleh.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:45 pm

I don't think I can keep going...I'm so tired, and I can only input maybe 50 words a day with the new schedule...
I need sleep XP I'll be in a coffin if anyone needs me.
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby LastLfan » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:52 pm

32000 still trucking
LastLfan

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:32 am

ARGH! I will finish this if it's the last thing I do. And it will be halfway decent!
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Postby LastLfan » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:46 am

36,419. I Wil catch you cece
LastLfan

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:18 am

Haha, you can try. :cool:

ClaecElric4God

Postby KazeShiki » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:28 am

I'm a lost cause. I'll keep writing as much as I can but 50k isn't happening.

The real reason is I've actually been writing a story that I've set with high standards and don't want to do random fillers that I know I'll just delete in later drafts because of the nature of my story. If it was just writing anything, I probably would be fine, but from the beginning, I've just been using Nanowrimo to force myself to write this idea I've had for awhile so in that sense, I'm already pretty happy with how it's turned out.
"It was then that I found the darkness in my heart, but I wanted to become a strong person who didn't yield to such weakness." - Nana Mizuki
KazeShiki

Postby LastLfan » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:01 pm

Up to 42K I'm so close, also how the heck do I get that cool signature thing everyone else has XD. Now I have to balance writing and the new pokemon game, this should be fun.
LastLfan

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:34 pm

Spent several days editing, then started on a brand new project. We'll see how much I can finish.
uc pseudonym

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:30 pm

Hit 50k earlier today. Not gonna validate till I'm completely done, though. Hopefully Monday. Don't have too much more to write. This is actually going fairly smoothly, strangely enough.

ClaecElric4God

Postby GeneD » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:37 am

LastLfan wrote:Up to 42K I'm so close, also how the heck do I get that cool signature thing everyone else has XD. Now I have to balance writing and the new pokemon game, this should be fun.

You can get them here: http://nanowrimo.org/widgets

Congrats to everyone who's reached their goal and everyone still writing! Hopefully next year I can join in again.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:45 am

Oh, sorry L! I completely ignored your question!

ClaecElric4God

Postby LastLfan » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:58 am

Lol thanks GeneD, and it's all good Cece, past 48,800 so should finish tonight.

I read Suzanne Collins BEFORE hunger games
LastLfan

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:33 pm

Not much time left. How many people have made it? Anyone scraping in on the final night?
uc pseudonym

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:52 pm

I'll be burning the jets on afterburner today and tomorrow to win.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:32 pm

Well, I meet my word count, but I'm not quite finished. I might do some last minute writing to try to finish it off, but I'll more than likely put it off like I did last year. We'll see.

ClaecElric4God

Postby LastLfan » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:50 am

I made it :)
LastLfan

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:46 pm

I finished...made it all in one day XD
I feel pretty good, actually.
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.

Wolfsong

Postby Banana Lobster » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:03 pm

DONE!

And with only a few hours to spare, thank goodness. I procrastinated so much during the middle of the month I only barely made it. I spent all of Friday afternoon writing, and did 8,000 words, and today I did 7,000. My poor aching fingers! :XD: I feel so brain dead right now, I can't wait until I fall into bed, I'll probably sleep like a rock, haha. But still, VICTORY!
Banana Lobster

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:10 am

Victory at 11:59PM.

8537 Words in one day.

Booyah.

*falls over*

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:35 pm

mechana2015 wrote:Victory at 11:59PM.

8537 Words in one day.

Booyah.

*falls over*

*tips hat*

Someone get a medic.

ClaecElric4God

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:28 am

Fixed the little word counter widget for you LastLFan.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby LastLfan » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:52 am

Thank you

I read Suzanne Collins BEFORE hunger games
LastLfan

Postby Wolfsong » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:11 am

So...my first Nano participation. I felt pretty good, actually, doing it. I have a question for those who do this madness regularly. How do you manage to find time for this, what with having to live a life outside of this (i.e. job, eating, sleeping)? It was...almost impossible for me. How do you veterans manage it?

Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:40 pm

You don't. If you have a job you work, and then every spare second is dedicated to writing. Eating and sleeping just wait till December.

But seriously, I don't know. It was a challenge, for sure, and I spread myself a bit too thin to pull it off. It's just a matter of making yourself do it even when you're tired.

ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:57 am

ClaecElric4God wrote:You don't. If you have a job you work, and then every spare second is dedicated to writing. Eating and sleeping just wait till December.

But seriously, I don't know. It was a challenge, for sure, and I spread myself a bit too thin to pull it off. It's just a matter of making yourself do it even when you're tired.

.....sigh.....I was so hoping there was some easy solve-all soltuion. Oh well XD

Wolfsong

Postby mechana2015 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:30 pm

My recommendation is to find time to write every day, and once you've been doing this for a while you'll know how long you need to write the 1700 words to keep ahead, so you know what time to budget. And make sure you can focus only on writing during that time.

But clearly, that's not what I did this year, since I wote a fifth of my novel in the last two days. Sometimes you just have to write all day a few times.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Previous

Return to Writing