The Forgotten

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

The Forgotten

Postby drill » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:44 pm

Hello Everyone!

Not sure if any of you are up for a new RP, but I had an idea if anyone is interested.

Story

In another dimension, humans were overrun by wild animals almost to the point of extinction. This happened over 200 years ago, but due to the aggressive animals, humanity has not expanded their population more than 20% over these years. With humanity dwindled down for such a long time, the Earth is overgrown with vegetation . Now, there are only a few fortified towns left of humanity, with the rest in ruins. Many wild beasts roam the last remaining areas like vultures knowing their prey is on their last breath.

You live in a town which ancient texts say to be South America, however, no one is really certain where in the continent they actually are. With low previsions, the town is split between fortifying their walls more and creating a self sustaining life inside those walls by farming and raising livestock, or hunting the nearby animals that are aggressive to not only replenish their food supply, but to limit the threat that looms over them day by day.

You are of the group that wants to take out the wild animals. You have some combat experience from instructors because the town deemed it necessary that all of its residents know basic combat knowledge. There is a verity of weapons to choose from between swords, lances, etc. However, weapons such as guns are not used because of their value and that they only have a limited amount of ammunition that the town has yet to figure out how to reproduce.

In this RP, the number of people on the expedition far exceeds just the characters that are submitted here. Feel free to create and use NPC characters at anytime you want.

Setting

Town - Most of the houses are made out of brick as it is the sturdiest thing to use for housing at the moment. The roads are all dirt roads. There are two entrances to the town on the far west and east sides of it. The town sits due north of a small cliff, and on the other side of it is an enormous forest that has only been mapped in the immediately surrounding areas.

Forest - The forest is home to several animals including bears, tigers, hawks, etc. Pretty much anything at the top of the food chain has decided to live in this forest. The forest trees are all no less than 100 feet in height and because of this, creates a very intimidating presence to all who go near it.

Rules

You have access to use other people’s characters in your part of the writing. This is here to help speed along the RP as well as making it flow better.
There is no limit to the amount of character you can create.
You can post whenever you want, even if you were the last one to post.
You can't be the leader of the group (not even I will be the leader). The leader of the group will be an NPC.
Take your sig out when you post so the RP is easier to read.

Character Sheet

Name:
Weapon:
Appearance (preferably a picture):

My Characters:

btw, just use first names for your characters.

Name: Frederick
Weapon: Lance

Name: Alice
Weapon: Dual Swords

If you have any questions to clarify something that I missed or did not cover enough, feel free to ask.
drill

Re: The Forgotten

Postby TheAlbinoMoose » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:07 pm

Name: Kaya
Weapon: long sword
Appearance: Like this, only white hair, darker skin and gold eyes

(completely new to rping so help xD)
TheAlbinoMoose

Postby Wolfsong » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:39 am

cool, another newbie. And a pretty interesting rpg....I'm in!

Name: Roxas Ariza
Weapon: fists, claws, basically anything with his hands.
Appearance: Image
Though his eyes are actually blue :XD:

How's it look?
Wolfsong

Postby drill » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 am

Both accepted!

@Tails: don't worry, we'll help you out. I'm actually not that experienced with RPing myself XD

@Wolf: Looks good!

We'll probably wait for at least one or two more players to join before we start. I'm hoping to get this launched this Sunday or Monday.
drill

Postby Wolfsong » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:19 pm

Sounds awesome!

And no worries Tails, we'll help you out whenever you need it.
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:00 pm

Sorry it took me so long, site troubles and all, what a mess. Anyways, here now, and looking forward to this.

Name: Vivienne

Weapon: Explosives. Vivienne has found ways of reproducing some types of ancient explosive devices and weapons, and through risky experimentation has developed some of her own. She especially loves finding new types of explosives and bombs, and even better is finding working specimens from the old days.
It's also worth mentioning that she carries a transparent plastic shield, the type riot controllers used so long ago. Whatever writing had been on the shield has long since worn away, it's covered in scratches and the edges are chipped, but it's good enough for Vivienne.

Appearance (preferably a picture): I, uh, don't use pictures... So, buckle up and get your reading glasses!

Vivienne has a slight, unimposing figure. She's a good head shorter than most of the people on the expedition, and has a thin build, clearly no fighter herself. Vivienne isn't a lean, mean fighting machine like some, and really, by the standards of the youth in town, she can barely even be called fit.
Vivienne's hair is black as a crow and as silky as a kitten's fur. She has it cut fairly short, with the tips of it reaching just down to her shoulders, with her bangs half covering her eyes. By her left eye, just before her bangs, she keeps her hair in a small braid.
Vivienne usually wears a T-shirt with a grey dress shirt two sizes too large over it, and over that she has an old pair of denim overalls, the legs of which have been cut down to the lengths of shorts and the ends rolled up. On her feet she has a pair of soft leather boots made from some of the meager livestock the town keeps.
Despite wearing overalls, Vivienne still wears a thick belt over that, which holds a part of her arsenal: A couple of grenades kept in a pocket on one side, and a glass bottle wrapped in cloth and aluminum can on the other. In addition, Vivienne has been issued a bright orange backpack and a yellow rain hat to be worn at all times; one of the conditions of her going on the expedition was that she must be easily distinguished at a glance.
Oddood198

Postby drill » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:18 pm

Accepted, Odd.

Assuming nothing goes horribly wrong with my schedule, I'll make the initial post Monday, and we can start then.
drill

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:22 am

So...I never do these ever. And I'm a little scared I'll be super bad. But this looks like a really cool idea. I hope this isn't too late or anything...

Name: Terra
Weapon: Bow and arrow (If that's alright ^^;; ).
Appearance:
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby drill » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:07 am

Accepted, Panda, and not too late all all. Also, don't worry about how you do, and just have fun! :D
drill

Postby Mullet Death » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:04 pm

I was coerced into doing this. If I don't post for too long,you can just kill off my character. He's tougher than he looks/sounds, though. XD

Name: Gordon
Weapon: Gravity Gun and crowbar Crossbow and swordcane
Appearance:

Can't find one, so here goes nothing:

Surviving in this world has aged Gordon beyond his years, but he still has an appreciation for the finer things in life and hangs on to quite a few eccentricities. Whatever his nagging mother and fiance may say, he insists on dressing as if he were attending a fine dinner party from a century before, even while on these hunting expeditions. He looks like the sort of person you'd stereotypically call "Watson" or "Jeeves," top hat, cane, finely trimmed moustache, and all.
Last edited by Mullet Death on Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mullet Death

Postby drill » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:29 pm

Accepted, Mullet.

So, since the idea was brought up to me, we will also have an antagonist group. This group will run entirely separate from the main group, except for the fact that they will sometimes raid the main group. Since I do not want this group to be too large, I'm limiting the application to this group to only 3 members (not including me). This group will be first come, first serve, and you can't join this group after their initial post (which will probably end up being around Thursday). You are allowed to be part of both groups.

Name: Maria
Weapon: Knives
drill

Postby Wolfsong » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:48 am

Name: Lexandrin
Weapon: longsword
Appearance:Image
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.

Wolfsong

Postby Cheetah » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:40 am

Name: Shawn
Weapon: Spiked Knuckles
Picture: this is the best I could find
If you're still taking characters for the antagonist group-
Name: Clay
Weapon: a staff with a concealed spearhead on one end, which can also come apart to make a three-sectional staff
Picture:
Not sure about the antagonist guy. What's that group's story?
Cheetah

Postby drill » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:26 am

Both accepted. That leaves one more slot for whoever wants to join the antagonist group.

@Cheetah: They are basically a group that was kicked out of the town due to various reasons. Being as the town is the only nearby safe place to survive, these people banded together and survived in the forest. They currently have a hideout due north of the town.
drill

Postby Mullet Death » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:55 am

Ooh ooh I wanna have a bad guy! Can I have a bad guy?
If this character is too ridiculous in your opinion, you can say no. XD
Name: Ivan
Weapon: In his own words: "Pointy Rock Tied To Stick." VERY LARGE "Pointy Rock Tied To Stick" used like a hammer or axe. Affectionately named "Thrashy."

Something like this guy "irl":
http://www.reactionface.info/sites/defa ... 598397.jpg

Only angry, wearing nothing but animal skins, and usually carrying "Thrashy."
Mullet Death

Postby drill » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:03 pm

Accepted, Mullet, you got the last bad guy :D (I laughed so hard at that pic :XD:)

Alright, so not really more 'rules' but a few guidelines to follow:
- Try to use PMs instead of OOC
- Everyone's first post will start at the same place in time (before the town meeting), but after that time will work like normal.

Alright, here we go! (for the protagonist group at least, I'll write the intro to the antagonist group a bit later. Also, don't start using other people's characters until we all get them gathered at the square together.)

The Sun beat down on Fredrick through the window as he moaned. "Ugh... Time to get up..." Fredrick said while groggily getting out of bed. After getting changed, he picked up his lance by the door post and headed downstairs. To the right of him he saw Alice, his younger sister and only relative, cooking breakfast for herself in the kitchen. Fredrick laid his lance near the door left of him, and preceded to the kitchen. Walking past Alice, he went to the other side of the kitchen where the pantry door was at. "We are all out of everything..." Fredrick exclaimed as he looked inside the pantry. "Yes we are." Alice snapped back. "Remember I told you to go to the market yesterday if you wanted anything to eat this morning." "Ugh..." Fredrick sighed as he closed the pantry door. "Well, I guess I'll see you at the square later then." Fredrick told Alice as he walked to the door to leave. "Don't be late." Alice replied coldly. "Yeah, yeah." Fredrick replied nonchalantly as he picked up his lance and walked out the door.

As Fredrick was walking down the dirt street, he passed by a market with vendors on both sides of the street. He decided to stop by one of them. "Welcome!" The store owner said. He was a middle aged man with moderately short hair combed over to the side and a clean cut. Fredrick picked up one of the apples laying in a crate, "How much?" Fredrick asked the shop owner. "That'll be fifty cents." Fredrick pulled a few coins out of his pocket, and handed it to the man. "Thanks." Fredrick said as he started to turn to leave. The store owner stopped him as he asked "Are you going to the town meeting in the square today?" "Yes, I am." Fredrick replied absolutely. "I see... be careful then." Were the last words Fredrick heard from the shop owner as he walked off towards the square eating his apple.

Fredrick finally reached the square which was a huge opening measuring 400 square meters. Although, there were many people already there for the speech, and the recruitment that came afterwards, Fredrick attempted to find Alice. After several minutes of looking Fredrick was about to give up, then he heard a familiar voice behind him "Took you long enough." Fredrick turned around, and there was Alice in the crowd of people. "Alice!" Fredrick said with a sigh of relief. "You better start paying attention because the speech is about to start."
drill

Postby Wolfsong » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:22 pm

Yawning, Roxas sat up, rolling out of bed. Dang, he was feeling lazy today.
"Aaron!" he shouted. "What's today again?"
"The meeting, you idiot! Don't you ever pay attention?"
"Stow it, slugman! You're the one who can't keep up in the running drills!
"Shut up!"
Laughing, Roxas leaned over, shaking the little girl next to him awake. "C'mon Lana, gotta get up.''
It took a while before he had both of them up and ready to go. Eventually he got them up and running to the square. He wondered if everyone was already there. It seemed pretty crowded...

Wolfsong

Postby TheAlbinoMoose » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:32 pm

Kaya watched the sunrise from the roof of the deteriorating shack she called home. Although she lived alone, she would frequently climb up the thick foliage surrounding the exterior walls, to breathe and contemplate. This, however, wasn't one of those times. In the dark hours of the morning, Kaya had been haunted by strange dreams, causing her to toss and turn feverishly for half an hour before crawling out from her hay mattress and climbing the wall using her familiar route. The damp night wind and her strange recollections caused her to shudder, and she pulled her sheet around her tighter. There she sat, her arms wrapped around her knees, until daybreak. She groaned as she moved her stiff joints, and stretched her arms and legs, feeling, although sluggish from lack of sleep, rejuvenated by the touch of the sun. She groaned again when she realized what a lousy night she picked for having nightmares; the town meeting was that day. She dressed herself (slowly), filled her leather bag with a variety of food (slowly), and made her way (slowly) to town square. The crowd was large, and, not wanting to push past everyone, she contented herself with the unsatisfactory view. But her mind continued to wander back to her nightmare: her death, over and over, in different places and different ways, but always ending in death...
Do you see this gorgeous creature?
That graceful profile. Those striking eyes. Behold the albino moose.
A wise man once said, "you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose."
TheAlbinoMoose

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:15 pm

People. So many people. Terra was certain everyone could see her quaking in her boots, petrified . Her hand shook with anticipation as she kept attempting to reach out and tap the shoulder of the giant in front of her, since listening didn't seem to be his strong suit. 'B-but...that's, rude...isn't it?' Terra bit her lip and tried to find another way out of the congestion. Somehow she'd ended up in the worst part, with nothing but rude elbow shoving people surrounding her.
'I guess I shouldn't have given my spot away earlier, I'm such an idiot'. "But I have to stay determined! There's no way I can turn back now! Not when I'm already her--"
"WHAT'S ALL YER YAPPIN ABOUT?!" Terra jumped back a bit from the woman next to her nearly stumbling backwards.
"I-I'm sorry ma'am I'll try to---"
"SPEAK UP!"
Terra winced again, raising her voice a it she continued
"I'm sorr--"
"SHUT UP I'M LISTENING TO THE ANNOUNCER!"
Terra gave a half hearted smile and tried distance herself as much as possible. She was beginning to remember what she didn't like about town people.
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Cheetah » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:46 pm

“Shawn!” Twelve-year-old Glenna rushed into the messy two-room apartment to search for her older cousin. “Shawn, where are you?” Their home was small, but it was chock full of junk, or at least, Shawn’s area was. The odds and ends that he continually brought home with him from who-knows-where were piled all over his side of the bedroom and spilling into Glenna’s area. At least he had enough sense of responsibility to clean it all as soon as he brought it home.
Glenna waded through rusted out cans, bent pipes, tattered blankets and other basically useless rubbish. She finally flipped over a wheel-less wheelbarrow to find her cousin curled up underneath, fast asleep. She was accustomed to his strange habits but at least had the sense to realize that they were strange. She placed her hands on her hips and gave a sharp tsk before trying to rouse him.
“Come on, Shawn. If you don’t go now you’ll be late for the meeting.”
Shawn groaned and flipped over, turning his back to his cousin. “I don’t wanna go.”
Glenna wished she could just let it go at that and let Shawn miss the meeting, but she knew he’d regret it later and probably be moping miserably for months to follow.
She stooped down to shake him as hard as she could, insisting that he get up.
Shawn groaned again, but finally slid out from under the wheelbarrow and sat up.
Satisfied that Shawn wouldn’t go back to sleep now, Glenna went on the search for the things he’d need.
“You can’t be late,” she told him, throwing odds and ends in every direction as she snatched up his boots. “Here, put these on.” She tossed the boots at him and then went back to her search.
Shawn frowned at the footwear but submissively put them on. By the time he had his boots laced up Glenna was standing over him with his grey messenger bag in hand. She draped the strap over his shoulder and grasped his hand to pull him to his feet. She patted the bag, now hanging at his side. “I put some food and your weapons in here, so take care of it.”
Shawn frowned again. “I don’t want the knuckles.”
“Don’t be silly, Shawn. You’ll need them. Now get going.”
Shawn heaved a sigh and pulled Glenna into a hug.
Glenna wrapped her arms around her cousin, enjoying his presence a moment longer. Despite his faults he’d always been a huge comfort to her and was really basically her big brother.
“Will you be okay?” Shawn asked softly.
Glenna laughed and pushed away from him. “Better than you’ll be, I’m sure. I understand why you have to go, but make sure you take care of yourself. And come back soon.”
Shawn nodded, patted his cousin on the head, and left the house.
Shawn mingled with the crowd at the town square, feeling horribly uncomfortable as usual. He really hated being around other people, apart from his cousin. He found a place at the edge of the crowd to lean against a pole with his arms crossed, deterring anyone who might randomly decide to talk to him.
Cheetah

Postby Mullet Death » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:43 pm

When Lilliane's mother began lecturing him on the meeting once again, he could barely contain his sigh.

"I know, I know, I know... what I'm doing, Margaret," he said, gesturing as he put on his favorite white dress gloves in front of the mirror. He was getting quite tired of these moments.

"And why are you wearing that out again!? You expect to fight these things like that, do you?" she said, pointing to his slick getup, equally irritated.

Gordon ignored her, and continued with his routine: brushing his moustache, straightening his tie, and carefully putting on his overshirt just so.

"You won't be coming back, you know, so you might as well leave them perfectly good clothes here," Margaret murmured to where Lilliane couldn't hear. Gordon just glared at her briefly and put on his top hat.

Lilliane's parents were farmers, and they supported the fortification of the village. They had never cared for Gordon and were only afraid of saying so in front of their daughter. They thought his dress, interests, and quirks were rather queer and evidently wanted Lilliane marrying "a real man with a real job," rather than some oddball going on frequent suicide missions. One would think, though, that she'd be happy to see him leave, if she were so convinced he'd die? That would mean she could marry one of these other apparently fine lads. What exactly did she want? It seemed a rather "Damned if you and damned if you don't" situation to Gordon. He pushed past her and grabbed his cane.

Thankfully, Lilliane had always supported him, though with a bit of a heavy heart. Gordon could see traces of it as he got on one knee and kissed her hand with a dramatic "Farewell, my lady." It would have been funny to Lilliane if Gordon weren't heading into very real danger. She wanted to say something to him. Something that fit the moment, something a lover would say as the beloved left, perhaps never to be seen again. She couldn't think of anything.

Gordon just smiled, looked into her eyes one more time, and went to the wall where Journey, as he had named his crossbow, hung. He hung it on his back and turned toward the door.

"Well, I'm off," he said as he turned the doorknob.

"Co-come back alive, you got it?" Lilliane let out, feeling a silly, but thinking she still needed to say something.

Gordon stopped for a moment in the doorway.

Turning only enough so that Lilliane could see a bit of neatly-combed moustache and grin beneath that top hat, he said:
"Heh. Not to worry, dear. These things won't know who they're dealing with. Besides, I've got myself a strategy." With this, he let out a hearty laugh and was gone, even swinging his cane and singing as he walked.

There were some doubts left in Gordon's mind, to be sure. But he had pushed them to the very back of his mind. He had not trained many, many long hours in secret for these hunts for nothing.

He arrived, as always, right on time. He politely squeezed into the crowd at the square and waited with his hands leaning on his cane. After all that drama at home, the anticipation was killing him.
Last edited by Mullet Death on Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mullet Death

Postby Oddood198 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:49 pm

Vivienne was at work early the day of the town meeting. The small generator she had managed to procure for herself hummed away in it's corner of her small shed, providing power to the cracked and patched but still functional light bulb hanging from the ceiling, as well as a couple of tools she was using.
At the moment, she was hunched over a desk with a power drill in hand, slowly working to put a hole into a welded-shut tin can. Once the hole was just the perfect size, she set the drill down and picked up a length of rope, about eight inches long with a knot in one end, and began shoving the knotted end in through the small hole. It was a hard, tight fit, but eventually Vivienne managed to get the rope into the tin can, successfully completing the newest of many, many junk bombs she had created the past few days.
Vivienne craned her back and stretched her arms out, giving a sigh of relief at moving again. She had been hunched over for hours already, finishing up four new junk bombs for today, and that was the last one. Finally, she was ready. She looked out the sole window of her shed and guessed from how bright it was out that the meeting would be starting soon. She hurriedly got her things ready, placing all of the explosives she was taking into her new backpack, and brought her thick utility belt up and buckled it around her waist. She looked in her backpack and took stock, making sure she wasn't forgetting anything.
"Hm, let's see..." She thought aloud to herself as she rummaged through her bag, "Hand grenades, molotov cocktails, junk bombs, BB grenades, stick of C4, and... Yep, got a sandwich and bottle of water for lunch. All ready!" Satisfied, she slung her backpack on and fastened the bright yellow rain hat to her head. She stopped the generator on her way out the door, and didn't even notice the lightbulb going out since there was so much sunlight coming through already. Just before she left, she grabbed her transparent plastic shield and slung it onto her back, behind the backpack.

Vivienne walked out of her shed and turned to lock the door behind her. Vivienne's little shed was one of the most secure building in the whole town, which was why Vivienne had been sent to live there, not to mention that it was a fair walk from the main bulk of the town. nobody really wanted her crafting bombs in a dinky wooden shed in the middle of the city, anything could go wrong.
She paused long enough to take one last, fond look at her shed, her workplace, her home, before she turned and walked down the dirt path to the town, maybe never to see it again.

The streets of the town were practically deserted by once Vivienne got there; as she thought, the town meeting was about to begin. She hurried on her way, not wanting to miss it, which would have made her last several days of preparing entirely pointless.
The town square was a wide open space, to be sure, but it seemed packed to every inch as Vivienne came into it and saw the crowd. It was like every person in the world had shown up to the meeting, and she was at the very back.
Not for the first time, Vivienne wished she was a foot or two taller, so she would at least be able to see something from where she stood, but as it was she had to start tugging at people's sleeves and asking to be moved up.

"Excuse me, excuse me!" She said, pulling forcefully on the elbow of the man who happened to be standing at the very rear of the crowd. He turned, looking rather grumpy, and was about to give a very rude remark when he got a look at who it was.
"Vivienne!" He gasped in shock, jumping back and hitting the man nearest him.
"Hey, watch it-" that man started, but he also went white in the face when he saw Vivienne, standing there and watching. The two men started pushing through the crowd, and soon news of Vivienne's presence rippled throughout the crowd, and a way parted in front of her.
The young woman sighed; it always turned out like this. She just wanted to go to a meeting and not draw too much attention for once, but as soon as people caught sight of her they were off like scared little hares. She walked through the opening they had made for her, and as more and more people saw her, a larger and larger clearing formed around her. Just as they didn't want her house of volatile materials in the middle of the city, nobody wanted to be in a crowd around Vivienne; one spark could send the whole square up in a blaze.
And so, not for the first time, Vivienne found herself standing, all alone, in a circle twenty feet apart and devoid of any human life but herself. She sighed wistfully. Even without the bright backpack and hat, she had a feeling everyone going would do a fine job keeping track of where she was anyways.
Oddood198

Postby drill » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:19 pm

The audience was deathly silent when the speaker took his spot on the podium.
"The time has come" the speaker blared out across the audience "that we remove this threat that looms over us day by day!"
The audience roared in agreement.
The speaker nodded and spoke once again when the audience had died down.
"That is why we will fight those who stand in our way!"
The audience roared again, but this time not as loud. The speaker realizing this, knew that he should probably just wrap up his motivational speech.
"Well then, please sign up at the registration booths up front." The speaker said in a more serious tone. "The first 500 people will be on the front lines, while the rest will be reserve members."
There was easily a thousand people in the crowd. While maybe a hundred people wanted to be put on reserves, the rest of them didn't. Knowing this, there were many people lining up and fighting for a place in line.
"Ugh... I can't believe this heat." Frederick cried out in agony.
"Suck it up." Alice replied in a harsh tone.
"I know, I know. I just wish we knew how far we are in the line. It would be no fun if we got put on the reserves after all." Frederick said while looking up and down the line to see how far they were."
"Yeah, you're right." Alice replied more melancholy in her voice.
After a few hours of waiting in line they had finally made it to the registration booth.
"Next ten please."
The next ten people followed the order and went up to the registration booth from the waiting line.
"Alright, just sign your name here. Also, take this." The middle aged man had handed them a carved out piece of wood that had the numbers "57" written on it.
As team 57 was passing around the clipboard, the man spoke up again. "You are on the reserve team, but will be expected to follow protocol until you are on the front line. That means that you will have to go into the outskirts of the forest on a daily basis to train until you are selected to go in."
Team 57 sighed as they gave back the clipboard to the man. Of course they could still fight the animals at the edge of the forest, it was not near as exciting as going into the forest which was unknown territory to everyone in the town.
The man looked at the clipboard he received. The names Frederick, Alice, Kaya, Roxas, Vivienne, Terra, Gordon, Shawn, Lisa, and Jacob were written there. Just how many people would die from this expedition the man thought? But he put such thoughts behind him. "Next ten please." And the cycle repeated.

OOC: So, pretty much every aspect here-forth can be determined by you guys now. For example, if you wanted us all to have a "guild" house that we live in you could do that, or if you have any other ideas, that works as well. Also, I should mention again since we do have some new RPers, from here on time flows normally, so you can't have your character relive events. Also, just a reminder, but you can use other people's characters for now on as well.
drill

Postby Wolfsong » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:19 pm

OOC- alright, drill gave the okay, so....Here's to!

Lexandrin glanced around cautiously; he hadn't been here awhile, somhis memory wasn't quite up to par. Still, this was a chance in a lifetime, so he went on anyway.
His features were slightly obscured by dirt and filth, but that was just fine, just what he wanted. No one would recognize him, even if they saw him. That speaker had been loud, he'd heard from the gates.
He had heard it all, they were coming out. This was the perfect opportunity!
"Wait till I tell them!" He laughed. "I can't wait!"

Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:15 pm

OOC- This needs reviving.

Roxas was quiet through the whole proceedings, biting a small spot pn his lip that had clearly been bitten before. However, when the time came, he volunteered without hesitation. The group he had been assigned to, with faces he knew but names and identities he didn't, had gone to a house designated for their use. It was simple, but that was fine.
He didn't seek to assosiate or interact with the others once they arrived, just went straight to the fireplace in the back of the room and set to getting a fire going, his thoughts on the work ahead.

Lexandrin couldn't help a cartwheel and a somersault as he reached the woods. As his feet hit the ground, the crouched low, eyes narrowed and alert. His stance suggested a relaxed tension, preparation for anything. After a mkment, he was up and moving, stealthily slipping through the underbrush.
There was no clear path here I the forest, where man rarely tred. The animals had their preferred trekking ground through, and he wanted to avoid those. One only knew who had used it, and even the most innocent seeming creature could and would kill you.
Still, by man's standards, Lexandrin belonged out here, with the animals. So he and a few others in the same bpat carved a living out here, like animals, insteadmof the men they were.
Eventually, he reached their current camping ground. Their small group was preparing for nightfall, whe things got really wild.
Lexandrin walked into their midst, speaking quietly. "I just heard so e juicy news," he told them. "Apparently they'll be sending some groups out to deal with somekof the monsters. Sounds like the chance for some good pickings. " He had a nasty grin on his face.

OOC- Hope you don't mind what I did here Drill, I just really want to zee this going again.

Wolfsong

Postby Mullet Death » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:28 pm

Team 57's hastily erected residence hall existed on the very outskirts of society, as did the halls of many of the other reserve teams. The ominous sight of the forest's edge kept any civilians with sense far, far away. The contrast between their halls and the woods was rather breathtaking-- tiny, two-story shacks dotted across the border, followed by trees which dwarfed anything in the town many times over. It was unlikely Gordon would be able to visit Lilliane at all like this. Their small troop would be creeping into the woods day and night to train and patrol, after all, and even this place was considered dangerous. He was glad he had said his goodbyes. Gordon glanced into the forest once more before entering the ugly shack that would now be his home. It looked even more sinister than he knew it to be thanks to the storm clouds that had just settled over the area. The deeper areas looked dark even in daylight. He wondered how deep this forest went, or how deeply the men and women on the front lines were camped. Atop some hills and mountains in the far distance he could see still taller, more magnificent wilderness.

He opened the door and walked into the single downstairs room, where the others had arrived a few minutes ahead of him. They all sat awkwardly around the large table in the center, evidently cautiously introducing themselves. A few turned to glance at Gordon standing in the doorway. A short black-haired girl that Gordon knew only by sight and rumor sat an uncomfortable distance from the others at the table, and unless it was just his imagination, a few of them were avoiding eye contact with her. One fellow sat backwards in the chair in the back by himself, poking a steady fire in what would serve as their "kitchen." He looked around at the lot of them for a few awkward seconds; they largely didn't seem like the outgoing sort, and most of them seemed troubled by something. They had much to be troubled about, Gordon supposed. He cleared his throat.

"Everyone, it is a pleasure to meet you. You may call me Gordon," he said, bowing and holding his hat with a smile, as if he were the host of a refined party about to bring out the entertainment.

"Uhh... yeah... nice to meet you," a girl cleaning her bow managed, who soon returned intently to the activity to avoid any more interaction.

Gordon placed Journey on a side table for all of the team's weapons and went straight to the corner where rations were stored in some crates and a small shelf. He took out a bag labelled "Tea" as he turned to the others, saying "How about I whip us up some tea while you all tell me all about yourselves? We won't get another chance like this." He walked over to the young man staring into the fire.

"May I--?"

------------------------------

Lexadrin went on: "This is an even better chance than when the cottages were being erected at the edge of the forest."

Clay grinned and let out a short, unpleasant laugh in reply. "Looking forward to it. This storm brewing is gonna be something big tonight. It'll provide perfect extra cover. If we play this right..." he let his thought trail off.

"Thrashy make little men splatter and scream, grawwhahaaahaha!" Ivan guffawed, petting and cradling his hammer as large as lesser men.

Clay laughed again. "That's right big guy. Thrashy will get a turn, too."

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:45 pm

Hey, guys. I'm late.

Name: Tammy
Weapon: Two-handed sword
Appearance:
Note: Has been assigned as Team 57's manager.

With an expert swing of her sword, Tammy vividly pictured her target's head being cleanly severed from its shoulders, leaving the imaginary creature lying lifeless on the ground.
Tammy sighed, stabbing her sword into the earth and slumping to the ground, her arms resting on her knees.
"Reserves..." she grumbled bitterly. She never would have thought she would see herself here, like this. It had been 6 months since she'd seen any action; since she'd been out there.
A major injury had sent her home for what shouldn't have been more than a month of recovery time. But poor medical treatment had allowed infection to set in, and she'd ended up near death. Now, finally recovered and ready to get back out there, she'd found herself assigned a ridiculous task...
"I'm one of the best fighters out there, and they know it!" She argued to herself. "So why am I stuck babysitting?"
Sighing again, Tammy ran a finger through her hair. Picking herself up off the ground, she retrieved her sword and turned to head back towards the residence hall on the outskirts of town, where she assumed most of the brats would have gathered by now.
Arriving at the front door, Tammy took a deep breath, trying to compose herself. It would probably be a good idea for her not to bite anyone's head off on their first day. She just...didn't have the patience for this.
Finally content that she was as ready as she'd ever be, Tammy shoved the door open, a bit more forcefully than she needed to. Standing in the doorway with her feet apart and her sword hanging loosely to one side, Tammy surveyed the quarters, taking in the face of each reserve member with her stern gaze. A ridiculously well-dressed young man off in one corner caught her attention in particular. He seemed to be preparing tea, which sounded rather good after her chilly morning walk, so she refrained from saying the first thing that came to mind when she saw him.
"I'm Tammy, I'm here to make sure you all keep in line and don't do anything stupid or get yourselves killed," she said bluntly as she walked to one side of the room, resting her sword on a rack against the wall. Turning to face the group once again, Tammy crossed her arms and leaned casually against the wall, waiting for someone to speak up.
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:11 pm

Roxas was surprised when one of them, a person introducing himself as Gorden, suddenly walked over to the fire, intending to make tea. He glanced at him impassively, his dark blue eyes cold. Unintentionally, he looked hostile and dangerous.
"Help yourself," he said finally, and moved back.
Just then, the door burst open and in entered this snappily dressed woman who stood like she owned the place.
"I'm Tammy, I'm here to make sure you all keep in line and don't do anything stupid or get yourselves killed."
He almost instantly felt the itch of irritation building. He decided right there he did not like her, not at all. "You do that," he said suddenly. "We'll save your sorry butt whenever you fail."
There was sudden silence in the room as everyone waited to see how this would turn out. Roxas just crossed his arms, staring at her, and waiting.

Lexandrin grinned as Ivan laughed. He wasn't the brightest blade in the drawer, but he had his uses. "We're gonna need to be careful though," he said. "Every cabin's gonna have a higher-rank keeping the newbs in line, so we're gonna have to plan this out carefully."

Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:10 pm

Tammy's gaze zeroed in on a rather delinquent-looking boy hunched over a chair in the corner. Narrowing her eyes, Tammy slowly pushed off from the wall, not even bothering to uncross her arms. Slowly, she headed straight for the boy, an intense light in her eyes. All the rage of a thousand suns burned within her, and it took everything she had to keep her cool.
Gotta be an example. These kids have to look up to me. Must. Stay. Calm.
Tammy arrived in front of the young man, resting a hand on the fireplace and leaning down so her face was inches from him. She stayed like that for a few seconds, meeting his gaze with ferocity.
"You think you're tough, don't you?" She finally said, never once taking her eyes from his cold ones. "That look is supposed to be intimidating, isn't it?"
"Don't kid yourself, boy," Tammy spat the last word out like a snake. "You have no idea what a cold, murderous look is. And you won't, until you're laying bleeding to death in a gutter, gasping out your last breath, with a pair of cruel, merciless eyes staring down on you, ready to devour its prey."
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:24 pm

He stared at her a moment, his eyes dark.
"Who do you think you are?" he asked finally. "God? Don't try and pretend you're better than me. So what, if you can pick up a weapon, and maybe know how to use it? So what if you think you will protect us all? Guess what, there's no way in heck you can. No matter what you do, one of us is going to meet those "cold, murderous eyes" sometime." He glared at her. "I'll bet anything, when it happens, it'll be because of you."

Wolfsong

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying