We ain't never had a friend like him...

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

We ain't never had a friend like him...

Postby emmatheveritas » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:33 pm

Please do not read this board if it will be shocking to you, which I guarantee it shall cause tears for some if you don't already know. I really do mean this, and do not wish to ruin your day.

Today, Robin Williams died.
I am literally sobbing harder than I have in a very long time. Along with the rest of the world.
Today, Earth lost a wonderful actor who put smiles and laughs in our lives, who inspired many and gave us joy.
Our wish-granter, our batty fairy-friend, the maid/father who made our stomachs hurt from laughing, the boy stuck inside a boardgame who made us believe in magic, an absent professor who gave us creativity, a boy who became a man but refused to grow up, and all the other vast names he earned and the things he gave us.
Tonight, please pray for his soul, for his children, for his friends and family. God will know what they need.
He was one of my favorite actors, being an actor myself, and probably many of the fellow members here may feel the same.
He will be missed dearly. Thank you, God, for such a wonderful man to have been among us. Rest In Peace, Robin. :sniffle: We loved you very much.
Last edited by emmatheveritas on Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hence, the longest signature on CAA!!
''I have fury! Finally, my entrance with drama!''-Fawful ''Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
''Why...whenever...fury...Fawful just wanted some kingdom conquering...but every time the mustaches come. Always in Fawful's way...alwaysalwaysalways''-Fawful Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
''Darkness cannot cover darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot cover hate; only love can.''-Martin Luther King Jr.
"SPACESHIP!!! SPACESHIP!!! SPACESHIP!!! SPACESHIP!!! SPACESHIP!!!"-Benny from The Lego Movie
"A closed door doesn't mean its a locked one"-Anais TAWO Gumball
emmatheveritas

Location: somewhere between my daydreams, the BeanBean Kingdom, and waiting for Heaven. =D

Re: We ain't never had a friend like him...

Postby nillapoet » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:46 pm

usually I don't get upset when celebrities die. However, this one stings. He was truly one of the great comedic minds. I know what kind of a battle depression can be.
nillapoet

Postby emmatheveritas » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:58 pm

We'll all miss him. :sniffle:
It doesn't faze me much either when a celebrity dies normally, though I was also very sad when Ralph McQuarrie died, since I am an intense Star Wars fangirl.
The world shall grieve for their loss. But I hope to see him in Heaven! :n_n:
Hence, the longest signature on CAA!!
''I have fury! Finally, my entrance with drama!''-Fawful ''Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
''Why...whenever...fury...Fawful just wanted some kingdom conquering...but every time the mustaches come. Always in Fawful's way...alwaysalwaysalways''-Fawful Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
''Darkness cannot cover darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot cover hate; only love can.''-Martin Luther King Jr.
"SPACESHIP!!! SPACESHIP!!! SPACESHIP!!! SPACESHIP!!! SPACESHIP!!!"-Benny from The Lego Movie
"A closed door doesn't mean its a locked one"-Anais TAWO Gumball
emmatheveritas

Location: somewhere between my daydreams, the BeanBean Kingdom, and waiting for Heaven. =D

Postby Furen » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:47 am

This one didn't actually hit me super hard, I liked a lot of his movies, but there were a few really poor excuses for movies... like RV
Though, I do like many of his movies, so that will suck not getting more movies like Mrs. Doubtfire or Flubber (Which I actually haven't watched yet, but everyone I know loves it)
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Sammy Boy » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:01 am

Sad news.
Sammy Boy

Postby black & white angel » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:00 am

:sniffle: He will be missed.
I make it a policy not to second-guess my instincts. Life's more fun that way. ~Train Heartnet
black & white angel

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:53 pm

My mom told me this yesterday and suddenly my heart sank. :sniffle: Rest in Peace Robin. :angel:
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby Nate » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:07 pm

I rented Death to Smoochy last night in his honor. Definitely one of his best movies and severely underrated.

I'm also going to watch the Popeye movie because why not. Now's a good a time as any.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Furen » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:53 am

Nate wrote:I rented Death to Smoochy last night in his honor. Definitely one of his best movies and severely underrated

I don't even know that film. What's it about?
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Nate » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:59 pm

Furen wrote:I don't even know that film. What's it about?

Robin Williams plays Rainbow Randolph, a kids' show host who gets caught by the FBI taking bribes and fired from his job. The network replaces him with Sheldon Mopes, a guy who created a character Smoochy the Rhino to play charity gigs and at drug clinics. Randolph is a bit mentally unstable and vows to take revenge on Smoochy for taking his time slot, doing everything he can to get Sheldon fired. The title comes from the plotline that Sheldon is very ethical and very much a hippie, and fights back against the company's attempts to push Smoochy merchandise on kids, and runs afoul of a charity organization called Parade of Hope that's basically run like a mafia. Parade of Hope decides Smoochy has to die in order for them to get their racket back, since Sheldon's refusal to allow toys and sugary snacks to be pushed to children and especially his refusal to do an ice show is cutting into Parade of Hope's profits.

Very much a dark comedy. Also may be a bit disturbing since there's scenes of Robin Williams crying about how he has nothing to live for, asking Sheldon to kill him at one point, and attempting to commit suicide in another scene. If Robin Williams' death is something that's affected you strongly, it might not be the best movie to watch. I mean a couple of times I sat there going "Man, it almost feels scarily close to maybe how he felt before he committed suicide for real."

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Furen » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:34 pm

Hmmmm, sounds like it's worth checking out. Though I agree that it may be too hard for some people to view with the recent events.
Furen

Return to General Entertainment