Question about Baccano?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Question about Baccano?

Postby Thunderscream872 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:26 am

So I just finished up episode 13 which, according to MyAnimeList (http://myanimelist.net/anime/2251/Baccano!), is the last episode. It list the next three episodes as Baccano! Specials (http://myanimelist.net/anime/3901/Baccano!_Specials).

So my questions are basically: Are these three episodes worth watching? Are they canon? Are they very important to the story? And should I watch them before I write a review/recommendation for the show?

The reason I'm asking this is because, even though I thought this anime was alright, I'm ready to be done with it; however, I once I set out to watch a show, I always finish it unless: 1. Its really long, and can't hold my interest. 2. The latter episodes were never dubbed in English.
Last edited by Thunderscream872 on Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Re: Question about Baccano?

Postby Chocogizmo » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:23 am

Well it's been a while since I watched but to my memory the last three episodes are mainly for the conclusion of Jacuzzi's gang, but it has other stuff in there too. Really important? Not really??? I personally find that those episodes show the most interesting character elements of Jacuzzi, but for plot I wouldn't say that they're really necessary. But yes, they are completely canon, and I would say they're worth watching, but not exactly important to the story.

And as for writing a review for it...I would watch them, because most anime sites just throw them in the mix as if they weren't even separate, so it might be wise to just review the whole thing.
Chocogizmo

Postby Thunderscream872 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:47 pm

Thanks for your input :) I'll probably watch them within the next few days.

Jacuzzi's is a pretty cool character, so that should make them more enjoyable.
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:26 pm

Thunderscream872 wrote:
So my questions are basically: Are these three episodes worth watching? Are they canon? Are they very important to the story? And should I watch them before I write a review/recommendation for the show?

Yes, yes and yes... And yes. They are the actual conclusion of the show and provide a more satisfying ending than the first 13 eps.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews