FMA fans

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Re: FMA fans

Postby mechana2015 » Sat May 31, 2014 3:56 am

the_wolfs_howl wrote:Hey guys, if you had to pick JUST ONE FMA opening or ending as your absolute favorite, which would it be?

Despite my notably strong opinions about the end of FMA's first show, I have to go with Ready Steady Go by L'Arc En Ciel as my favorite opening. For me this is THE opening for the show, the song that if I heard it in a house or a dorm, I knew what show was on. Despite story preference for Botherhood, I can't remember a single song from it.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Sat May 31, 2014 12:32 pm

Animeniac wrote:
PLCDreamcatcher14 wrote: On a side note, I must say that I love the gifs in the sigs of Flying Leaves, Animeniac, and Panda4Christ. ^_^

Thanks Dude By the way I like Trigun (really need to watch it more) *makes side note* :D

Image lol.

In regards to the Wolfs Howl, If I had to pick just one op it would probably be Golden Time Lover. I don't know why but that one always stands out to me the most though I love them all and I could listen to/watch it repeatedly and never get bored. Also are we just allowed to pick one (an op or ed) or can we pick just one op and one ed? If I could pick one ed it would probably be the warm Motherland from the original series. ^-^
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby Cat96 » Sat May 31, 2014 1:35 pm

Hm... I would say my favorite opening so far would be the first opening for Brotherhood. The song just really impressed me. My favorite ending would be 2003's 2nd ending. I need to continue watching Brotherhood. I've only seen 11 episodes so far.

I found the whole SPOILER: Highlight text to read: alternate dimension plot in the 2003 to be rather interesting, though I was a bit confused at first. It feels weird that I actually enjoyed the 2003's ending. I was crying a little during the last episode, but I was crying because of how sad and bittersweet it was. I liked how it showed that not everyone gets a happy (or what I like to call "kittens and rainbows") ending or how things don't always turn out the way you want them to. Conqueror of Shamballa wasn't the best movie I have ever seen, but it still answered some of my questions and gave the 2003 a slightly happier but still bittersweet ending SPOILER: Highlight text to read: but I still wonder how Al got his memory back . Again, it wasn't the best movie, but it still made my eyes water at times. Don't watch that movie right after you've finished the final episode. :(

That's only my opinion, I wasn't trying to offend anyone with it.

My pocket watch finally came in. It is so beautiful! It came with the ring and necklace in a beautiful case. Even my parents were impressed with it.

:rant: That is just another one of Cat's rants.

Just wondering, what is everyone's favorite Ed rant? Mine would be the one right before Mustang and Ed's fight in the 2003.
"While I live, I want to shine" -Grovyle (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)
Cat96

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Sat May 31, 2014 2:49 pm

In regards to wolfs Howl~
My favorite opening would be rain from FMA:B. To me it really captures the emotion of the show at that point. also...the lyrics ;A;
For EDs it's probably a tie between Shunkan Sentimental and Let It All Out.

Ed rants? :D I'll have to second the one before Ed and Mustang fight (I was always really sad that was only in the '03 anime).
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Rzerox21xx » Sat May 31, 2014 3:38 pm

I honestly think the 2nd op of FMA brotherhood is pretty memoriable which is hologram and I love chemistry song Period as the 4th op. You know what, I admit, Brotherhood Hughes death had less impact because the first series already explored however, in the first series, Envy got away with that murder, in brotherhood/manga, Roy made a point to find the killer and he did and more or less avenged Hughes which brought closure which is probably more important then how emotional Hughes death was.
Rzerox21xx

Postby Kilvakar » Sat May 31, 2014 11:02 pm

@ Cat96: I don't think you're going to offend anyone by liking the first series better, lol! Sometimes I think that I'm in the minority because I actually prefer what you call the "kittens and rainbows" endings. :sweat:

I won't spoil it for you, but Brotherhood doesn't exactly have a "kittens and rainbows" ending either, after the second half of the show things really take a different turn than the 2003 show, but there's still a lot of hard work, tears and sacrifice involved at the end. It is (imo) a whole lore more epic, though!
Image Image
"Comrade isn't simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It's the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, fell free to lean on me...And I, too, will lean on you as well."---Mavis Vermillion, First Master of Fairy Tail

"There are people in this world who enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bear solitude."---Makarov Dreyar, Third Master of Fairy Tail
Kilvakar

Postby marro1 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:31 pm

Cat you do need to finish Brotherhood for sure. I was exactly like you. I enjoyed the first series quite a bit, and wasn't thinking that the second series could get better, now FMA is like my most favorite thing in the world. Don't give up hope on Brotherhood.
Now I see. You’re Jealous. You’re jealous of humans aren’t you? According to you, humans are supposed to be a lot weaker than homunculi. And yet, even if they get discouraged after being beaten, and even if they get close to falling down after losing their paths, they continue to get up and fight. Everyone around them helps them get back up. And you’re envious of that.
Edward

I'm a worthless piece of garbage that can't even write a straight looking K!
Death the Kid.

marro1

Postby Cat96 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:04 pm

Yeah, my expectations for Brotherhood when I started it is that I hope for it to be as good (at least equal) as the 2003. So far Brotherhood its really impressing me. I just finished "Cold Flame". I was really supposed to stop at the episode before it so I can study more for finals, but I couldn't help it. I'm not planning on giving up on Brotherhood anytime soon, especially not after what happened in that episode. Man it got intense! SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I think the lack of sleep and the desire for revenge got to Mustang.

Edit: I just saw the next episode because I got impatient. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I was relieved. I thought she was really dead!
"While I live, I want to shine" -Grovyle (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)
Cat96

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:58 pm

My favorite ending is probably "Tobira no Mukou He," even though it's very far from the usual kind of thing I listen to. It starts with a line that goes something like, "Inside we are screaming all the time," and that's what it sounds like - like the scream of their souls.

I think my favorite Ed rant is actually in the manga (they changed it slightly for Brotherhood, and it wasn't quite as funny to me). It's when he meets Selim in the library, and it goes something like, "What's that? Want me to send you up to Neptune?!" And Selim is like, "Wow! You really do go crazy when someone calls you short!" :lol:
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Kilvakar » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:39 pm

Honestly, when we watched the series we just skipped through the openings and endings, lol! Nowadays, I usually watch each opening and ending song at least once, I'll probably have to go back and listen to them sometime. :grin:
Image Image
"Comrade isn't simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It's the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, fell free to lean on me...And I, too, will lean on you as well."---Mavis Vermillion, First Master of Fairy Tail

"There are people in this world who enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bear solitude."---Makarov Dreyar, Third Master of Fairy Tail
Kilvakar

Postby marro1 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:45 pm

Kilvakar u must. There are so many great ones.
Now I see. You’re Jealous. You’re jealous of humans aren’t you? According to you, humans are supposed to be a lot weaker than homunculi. And yet, even if they get discouraged after being beaten, and even if they get close to falling down after losing their paths, they continue to get up and fight. Everyone around them helps them get back up. And you’re envious of that.
Edward

Death the Kid.

marro1

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:43 pm

Here's a question for all you FMA fans: Which art style (at its best) do you like the best? I'm partial to Arakawa-san's original style in the manga :thumb:
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Thunderscream872 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:33 pm

Favorite intro would have to "Period" by Chemistry (FMAB's 4th intro). Also up there is FMA's fourth intro, "Re-write" by Asian Kung Fu Generation.
Back when I watched FMA (2003), I always skipped the outros, so I don't remember any of the songs. I don't know any of the Brotherhood outros, partly because I haven't seen it yet (I've watched all the intros on YouTube, though).

As far as art style goes, for me FMA's (2003), is the best hands down.
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby marro1 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:53 am

Oh dear Thunderscream. That's going to be much spoilers for you when you watch brotherhood. Which you will. Am I understood?
Edward

Death the Kid.

marro1

Postby Thunderscream872 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:12 pm

marro1 wrote:Oh dear Thunderscream. That's going to be much spoilers for you when you watch brotherhood. Which you will. Am I understood?

Yeah, I am gonna watch it eventually. I've spoiled allot of it for myself already, but originally I was only gonna watch the first show and not Brotherhood. My brother just recently finished up Brotherhood and is harping on me to watch it, so I'll get to it sooner or later.

Besides, watching anime intros on YouTube is part of how I choose which ones I will watch next, lol, I know its a little shallow.

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

Thunderscream872

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:25 pm

Thunderscream872 wrote:
Besides, watching anime intros on YouTube is part of how I choose which ones I will watch next, lol, I know its a little shallow.

lol. And the problem is is that some not so good animes have amazing intros while some really great shows...not so much. But yeah, definitely watch Brotherhood! X)
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby Thunderscream872 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:09 pm

PLCDreamcatcher14 wrote:lol. And the problem is is that some not so good animes have amazing intros while some really great shows...not so much. But yeah, definitely watch Brotherhood! X)

Yeah, I know what you mean. Usually I see the intro, or clips from a show on an AMV, then I read into it a little and see if it sounds interesting. Tbh, most of the anime on my list, I watched without seeing the intro first.

Thunderscream872

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:41 pm

Oh, hey, I'm late to the FMA party. Admittedly, I've all but forgotten about it, it's been so long since I was excited about it. But I'll never forget that it was my first anime. Now, I really should watch Brotherhood...
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby marro1 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:17 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:Oh, hey, I'm late to the FMA party. Admittedly, I've all but forgotten about it, it's been so long since I was excited about it. But I'll never forget that it was my first anime. Now, I really should watch Brotherhood...

You haven't seen Brotherhood? GET OUT!!!!! :P no but seriously, watch Brotherhood SO much better.
Edward

Death the Kid.

marro1

Postby Kilvakar » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:33 pm

As someone who's seen both series, I heartily agree! While the first series made SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Hughes' death much more emotional, everything else was far better in Brotherhood. That doesn't mean the first series was bad, it was excellent! But again, Brotherhood is so much better... :)
Image Image

Kilvakar

Postby marro1 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:44 pm

Kilvakar wrote:As someone who's seen both series, I heartily agree! While the first series made SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Hughes' death much more emotional, everything else was far better in Brotherhood. That doesn't mean the first series was bad, it was excellent! But again, Brotherhood is so much better... :)

Couldn't have sai that better myself. I know lots of people put down the first series, but taht's because they compare it to the 2nd, you just can't comparte it, FMA was great, but FMA:B was just, undescribably amazing.
Edward

Death the Kid.

marro1

Postby Animeniac » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:38 pm

Ok Funniest moment in either one GO!

Mines Whenever Hughes would go on and on and on about his daughter

Phillippians 4:8 KJV

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

A lesson without pain is meaningless. For you cannot gain anything without sacrificing something else in return, but once you have overcome it and made it your own...you will gain an irreplaceable fullmetal heart -Hiromu Arakawa

I'm going to fight my hardest....I don't want anyone else to die! -Kirito

"Never break the circle....the circle is what binds us together as one as brothers and sisters...you are my bride...you are beautiful"-Elyon (God) on The Circle series By Ted Dekker

Animeniac

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:04 pm

...'Nuff said :lol:
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:52 am

Personal favs of mine...

And the one in marro1's sig plus way too many to count. lol. :raded:

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:41 am

Ahhh, I finally found my favorite moment from the Brotherhood OVAs:

You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:31 pm

the_wolfs_howl wrote:Ahhh, I finally found my favorite moment from the Brotherhood OVAs:

lol. XD

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby artisticDreamer » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:48 pm

the_wolfs_howl wrote:Ahhh, I finally found my favorite moment from the Brotherhood OVAs:

I need to watch that OVA. xD
artisticDreamer

Postby Animeniac » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:46 pm

I'm still mad Netflix did not finish it...

Phillippians 4:8 KJV

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

A lesson without pain is meaningless. For you cannot gain anything without sacrificing something else in return, but once you have overcome it and made it your own...you will gain an irreplaceable fullmetal heart -Hiromu Arakawa

I'm going to fight my hardest....I don't want anyone else to die! -Kirito

"Never break the circle....the circle is what binds us together as one as brothers and sisters...you are my bride...you are beautiful"-Elyon (God) on The Circle series By Ted Dekker

Animeniac

Postby artisticDreamer » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:28 am

Animeniac wrote:I'm still mad Netflix did not finish it...

Yea, I wanted to rewatch the last episode the other day, but I found out that Netflix didn't have it. >.<
artisticDreamer

Postby Sheenar » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:27 am

Agreed about Netflix. That's why I went ahead and bought the whole series and the OVAs on DVD back in December. :P
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews