If SAO was real...

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

If SAO was real...

Postby Animeniac » Wed May 21, 2014 3:32 pm

How would you Manage? what would be your survival tactics? SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Would you want Yui as a daughter? SPOILER: Highlight text to read: How would you react to some like Sachi dying?
Phillippians 4:8 KJV

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

A lesson without pain is meaningless. For you cannot gain anything without sacrificing something else in return, but once you have overcome it and made it your own...you will gain an irreplaceable fullmetal heart -Hiromu Arakawa

I'm going to fight my hardest....I don't want anyone else to die! -Kirito

"Never break the circle....the circle is what binds us together as one as brothers and sisters...you are my bride...you are beautiful"-Elyon (God) on The Circle series By Ted Dekker

Animeniac

Re: If SAO was real...

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu May 22, 2014 6:52 pm

Huh? SAO?
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Animeniac » Thu May 22, 2014 7:59 pm

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:Huh? SAO?

Sword Art Online http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sword_Art_Online

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

A lesson without pain is meaningless. For you cannot gain anything without sacrificing something else in return, but once you have overcome it and made it your own...you will gain an irreplaceable fullmetal heart -Hiromu Arakawa

"Never break the circle....the circle is what binds us together as one as brothers and sisters...you are my bride...you are beautiful"-Elyon (God) on The Circle series By Ted Dekker

Animeniac

Postby IPv4 » Fri May 23, 2014 9:41 am

Animeniac wrote:How would you Manage? what would be your survival tactics? SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Would you want Yui as a daughter? SPOILER: Highlight text to read: How would you react to some like Sachi dying?

Strategy 1: Gain xp with a group 24/7

Strategy 2: Just wait for someone else whos suicidal to finish the game for me perhaps. Chill and take it easy in the town.

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Would you want Yui as a daughter?

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Thats not even possible.... its a computer program lel

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: How would you react to some like Sachi dying?

dunno. Probably just forget about it like a psycho.
IPv4

Postby TheAlbinoMoose » Fri May 23, 2014 10:08 am

I'd be like Liz and make/sell weapons. I think I'd stay on the safe side, for the most part, and let the people who know what they're doing handle bosses and stuff. Either that, or I'd take care of the kids stuck in the game. Poor little things!!
Yui is adorable! SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I think she's way cuter as a fairy, though, so instead of having her as a daughter, I'd like her to be my Navi-like sidekick :D
Do you see this gorgeous creature?
That graceful profile. Those striking eyes. Behold the albino moose.
A wise man once said, "you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose."
TheAlbinoMoose

Postby MomentOfInertia » Fri May 23, 2014 11:47 am

...I wouldn't be able to run it on my laptop. :(
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Crossfire » Fri May 23, 2014 2:35 pm

MomentOfInertia wrote:...I wouldn't be able to run it on my laptop. :(

Ditto. Guess we'd be safe and sound in boring ol' reality, huh?
Crossfire

Postby mechana2015 » Sat May 24, 2014 1:39 am

Not playing. I hate MMO games in general and it's like pulling teeth to get me to play anything with PvP that isn't a MOBA or... well MOBA if you count arena shooters like Counterstrike and TF2.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Xeno » Sat May 24, 2014 8:23 am

Is this about one of those anime things I've been hearing so much about around here lately? I don't think I'd want to be part of one of those. I don't know Japanese.
Last edited by Xeno on Sun May 25, 2014 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xeno

Postby Kilvakar » Sun May 25, 2014 2:55 pm

Well, considering that SPOILER: Highlight text to read: you can't log out and if you die you die for real, I'd be extremely cautious, probably gaining XP with my friends slowly but safely until we were powerful enough to finally beat the game and escape. Once I got that powerful, though, I'd be a real force to be reckoned with!
Image Image
"Comrade isn't simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It's the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, fell free to lean on me...And I, too, will lean on you as well."---Mavis Vermillion, First Master of Fairy Tail

"There are people in this world who enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bear solitude."---Makarov Dreyar, Third Master of Fairy Tail
Kilvakar

Postby SilverToast » Wed May 28, 2014 6:15 pm

I generally don't like mmo's, but if I was in that situation I would explore the world. I would also dedicate most of my time to finding glitches to abuse the game. I would have a secretive underground group just for that. haha
SilverToast

Postby Animeniac » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:53 pm

IPv4 wrote:
Animeniac wrote:How would you Manage? what would be your survival tactics? SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Would you want Yui as a daughter? SPOILER: Highlight text to read: How would you react to some like Sachi dying?

Strategy 1: Gain xp with a group 24/7

Strategy 2: Just wait for someone else whos suicidal to finish the game for me perhaps. Chill and take it easy in the town.

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Would you want Yui as a daughter?

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Thats not even possible.... its a computer program lel

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: How would you react to some like Sachi dying?

dunno. Probably just forget about it like a psycho.

dude i totally agree with you about waiting I'd do the same

Animeniac

Postby Will » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:09 pm

I would open my own food court and sell food to the public in order to make some money and play it safe.
Will

Postby Rewin » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:45 pm

I would have probably died before the game creator appeared and made his announcement, and it probably would have been my sister's fault for aggroing extra mobs.
Rewin

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:00 pm

Well, I'd probably follow what I usually do, in real life and mmo XD I'd wander out and explore, but within reason. I won't enter a dungeon level unless I know I can take it. I'd memorize the best places to find or buy food and other useful items. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Yui would be wonderful,computer program or not, fighting or not. And if someone died on me, I would probably go nuts and kill everything in sight for the first few minutes, then get depressed, and then I'd get back up and keep going again.
In other words, probably just like I do in real life :XD:
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:39 pm

I'd be unaffected because I live in the states and couldn't afford a virtual reality game system, plus I don't play video games until about three years after they come out. But I'd watch the news and be like "Hey, a bunch of Japanese people got trapped in a video game. Wow, that's rough."
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby nln_rose » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:40 pm

honestly i'd probably play it safe in this situation. I find yui to be a sad story and it would be tough for me to get rid of her if she came into my life, but at the same time i wouldn't necessarily adopt her as to sachi... that would break my heart i would probably wind up doing something incredibly reckless like go for revenge on those monsters or join a combat guild or just break down.
I hope you don't mind me barging in like this. In spite of the profession I've chosen, I've never actually made a confession before. It's these times we live in. I did what it took to protect the children at any cost. That's how I always justified my actions. I took many people's lives, all that time believing there was no other way. My sins are so heavy. Too heavy. Too heavy to ever atone for. And yet, somehow I feel happy, at peace with myself today. It really can be done. Once you stop to think about it, there are plenty of ways to save everyone. Why didn't I ever listen to him? Why didn't I see that before it was too late? -Nicholas D. Wolfwood (Priest)
nln_rose

Postby Animeniac » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:09 pm

what would be your weapon of choice?

Animeniac

Postby IPv4 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:38 am

Animeniac wrote:what would be your weapon of choice?

Sword and shield,, duh (I dont wanna die cuz I have low defence stats).

I guess there are no bows either so its either 1 sword 2 swords or 1 sword + shield.

Ofcourse there are maces and other wacky weps but they dont seem too practical to me.
IPv4

Postby TsubasaKamen » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:45 pm

I personally liked Sachi a lot as a character even though she wasn't that strong or skilled at the game or in the fighting/combat aspect of it, but I would feel pretty sad to see her get killed. Yui would be good for hacking into locked areas SPOILER: Highlight text to read: like she was used to get up to the top of the World Tree in the second half. I don't know if I would have any specific tactic but I would be all offense (attack) and would just try to dominate my opinions with pressure, speed, and force. I've taken martial arts in the past so I have a feel for sparring. I would use the skills I learned from that to my advantage.
"But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord." - 1 Corinthians 3:18.
TsubasaKamen

Postby IPv4 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:16 am

TsubasaKamen wrote: I don't know if I would have any specific tactic but I would be all offense (attack) and would just try to dominate my opinions with pressure, speed, and force. I've taken martial arts in the past so I have a feel for sparring. I would use the skills I learned from that to my advantage.

You would die whitin 1 week ;)
IPv4

Postby TsubasaKamen » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:17 pm

IPv4 wrote:
TsubasaKamen wrote: I don't know if I would have any specific tactic but I would be all offense (attack) and would just try to dominate my opinions with pressure, speed, and force. I've taken martial arts in the past so I have a feel for sparring. I would use the skills I learned from that to my advantage.

You would die whitin 1 week ;)

Probably but I would die fighting!!
"But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord." - 1 Corinthians 3:18.
TsubasaKamen

Postby nln_rose » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:34 pm

Animeniac wrote:what would be your weapon of choice?

Probably sword and shield. That way if I was all by myself I could actually defend myself.
I hope you don't mind me barging in like this. In spite of the profession I've chosen, I've never actually made a confession before. It's these times we live in. I did what it took to protect the children at any cost. That's how I always justified my actions. I took many people's lives, all that time believing there was no other way. My sins are so heavy. Too heavy. Too heavy to ever atone for. And yet, somehow I feel happy, at peace with myself today. It really can be done. Once you stop to think about it, there are plenty of ways to save everyone. Why didn't I ever listen to him? Why didn't I see that before it was too late? -Nicholas D. Wolfwood (Priest)
nln_rose

Postby Animeniac » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:52 pm

I'd use Dual Swords Like Kirito Who would be your companion? Mine would be Lizbeth :XD: I think she's soooooooo cute and Also...FREE WEAPONS!!

Animeniac

Postby IPv4 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:49 pm

Animeniac wrote:I'd use Dual Swords Like Kirito Who would be your companion? Mine would be Lizbeth :XD: I think she's soooooooo cute and Also...FREE WEAPONS!!

wait what, you get to have a companion??

Well, if I could find a gf that would be nice. Although quite easy as well hence its just a computer game.

If I dont find a gf I guess I will have to choose that guy that never had his life turn yellow.
IPv4

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:27 pm

Diabel. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: And I'd be smart and make sure he didn't get himself killed.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Nocturnalux » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:20 pm

I'd try to hop over to Log Horizon instead where the characters don't annoy me half as much. On a more serious note, I cannot fight to save my life so I'd play it safe and wait for someone to clear the game. I'd probably go into the information market and become something of the Izaya of the place but hopefully less creepy and sadly not half as brilliant. As for Yui, I do not like her one bit.
Nocturnalux

Postby IPv4 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:20 am

Nocturnalux wrote:I'd try to hop over to Log Horizon instead where the characters don't annoy me half as much. On a more serious note, I cannot fight to save my life so I'd play it safe and wait for someone to clear the game. I'd probably go into the information market and become something of the Izaya of the place but hopefully less creepy and sadly not half as brilliant. As for Yui, I do not like her one bit.

YES!! I ALSO HATE YUI, the only moral thing would be TO KILL HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE EATS ALL THE FOOD!?!?!?
IPv4

Postby Nocturnalux » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:52 pm

I'm glad it's not just me who dislikes Yui. I cannot help feeling she was added to the plot to complete the 'waifu' complex with Asuna by adding a virtual daughter since they cannot have an actual real one in the game universe.
Nocturnalux

Postby WorldsTraveler » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:55 pm

Nocturnalux wrote:I'd try to hop over to Log Horizon instead

^ this exactly

On-topic, I’d find some sort of entrepreneurial venue to bring in money and make a comfortable life for myself while waiting for someone to beat the game. I’d want to support the players fighting on the front line so I could do my part to help everyone get out faster. Oh, and I’d have a long-ranged weapon. (Not that I’d leave town if I could help it!)
WorldsTraveler

Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews