Madoka Magica

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Madoka Magica

Postby marro1 » Wed May 14, 2014 6:22 pm

I just finished watching Madoka Magica (the series). I was going to make a review, and to my disappointment it was not available in the reviews section. To my knowledge it's a fairly popular anime, so it was a bit surprising. I personally thought it was an amazing anime, very interesting and I definitely recommend it. Who else has watched it? What did you think of it?
Now I see. You’re Jealous. You’re jealous of humans aren’t you? According to you, humans are supposed to be a lot weaker than homunculi. And yet, even if they get discouraged after being beaten, and even if they get close to falling down after losing their paths, they continue to get up and fight. Everyone around them helps them get back up. And you’re envious of that.
Edward

I'm a worthless piece of garbage that can't even write a straight looking K!
Death the Kid.

marro1

Re: Madoka Magica

Postby nillapoet » Wed May 14, 2014 6:56 pm

I was going to after I get caught up on Fairy Tail and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. Do you think it's ok to watch with a 5 year old around?
nillapoet

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Wed May 14, 2014 7:11 pm

^Probably not. Madoka's got some disturbing moments in it, and the story isn't really something a five year old would enjoy.

But this show is one my favorites~.
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby nillapoet » Wed May 14, 2014 7:23 pm

I guess it will be another of my "after bedtime" shows. :)
nillapoet

Postby skreyola » Wed May 14, 2014 9:13 pm

marro1 wrote:I just finished watching Madoka Magica (the series). I was going to make a review, and to my disappointment it was not available in the reviews section. To my knowledge it's a fairly popular anime, so it was a bit surprising. I personally thought it was an amazing anime, very interesting and I definitely recommend it. Who else has watched it? What did you think of it?

There isn't?
What about reviews/caareviews.php?sysid=3&pageid=ShowReview&id=53
I enjoyed the show immensely, and I would recommend it to people who are not faint of heart, though it has the most terrifying villain I've ever seen in any work of fiction.
"Click click click. Still defective."
MAL: Manga List
Anime List
skreyola

Postby marro1 » Wed May 14, 2014 9:38 pm

Lol are you talking about SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Inucbus ? yeah i called that from the beginning. I definitely wouldn't watch it wit a five year old. It can be disturbing. And it's show non-detailed nudity at a couple points (including the opening song) it's rated tv-14 for good reasons. :p definitely finish FMA Brotherhood before anything. Best anime ever!! But Madoka is great.
Now I see. You’re Jealous. You’re jealous of humans aren’t you? According to you, humans are supposed to be a lot weaker than homunculi. And yet, even if they get discouraged after being beaten, and even if they get close to falling down after losing their paths, they continue to get up and fight. Everyone around them helps them get back up. And you’re envious of that.
Edward

Death the Kid.

marro1

Postby mechana2015 » Wed May 14, 2014 11:50 pm

This show is one of my favorite I've seen. It's a great little twist filled show that is most definitely not for the faint of heart, especially after a certain point. It's riveting, and it's art style is there to hide the true nature of the show and increase the impact of its story. I'd say 13 and up, preferably with some standard magical girl shows already watched.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby ForeverInspired » Thu May 15, 2014 3:40 am

skreyola wrote:
marro1 wrote:I just finished watching Madoka Magica (the series). I was going to make a review, and to my disappointment it was not available in the reviews section. To my knowledge it's a fairly popular anime, so it was a bit surprising. I personally thought it was an amazing anime, very interesting and I definitely recommend it. Who else has watched it? What did you think of it?

There isn't?
What about reviews/caareviews.php?sysid=3&pageid=ShowReview&id=53
I enjoyed the show immensely, and I would recommend it to people who are not faint of heart, though it has the most terrifying villain I've ever seen in any work of fiction.

Oh, no... I must have missed that and just submitted a new title suggestion for Madoka. I was almost 100% sure that there was a review before looking, but I must have missed it when I quickly glanced through the catalog last night - silly me. That's what I get for doing this late at night. :sweat: Sorry and thanks for the link!
ForeverInspired

Postby marro1 » Thu May 15, 2014 2:19 pm

weird, when I go through titles A-Z it doesn't show it anywhere.
Edward

Death the Kid.

marro1

Postby goldenspines » Thu May 15, 2014 2:35 pm

If you are looking under the "M" letter section of the reviews, you will not find it, since its full name is Puella Magi Madoka Magica. I can find it in the A-Z list, but if you still can't find it, shoot me a PM and a screenshot of what you can see.
You can also find it by searching it on the search bar!
I'm curious whether the name in the reviews for Madoka should be changed though, since it seems like only a few people know the full name.
goldenspines

Postby marro1 » Thu May 15, 2014 2:38 pm

Oh. I thought it was palla. My bad.
Edward

Death the Kid.

marro1

Postby Banana Lobster » Thu May 15, 2014 5:13 pm

I really enjoyed watching it, and would definitely agree with Mech's age estimate. It did get pretty creepy at some points, but I found it to have a very interesting storyline; I really enjoyed all the twists and turns it took. (I don't like it when I can accurately guess what's going to happen, it just takes something out of the story for me. :P) The characters were very well written, and the music was really, really good. I would definitely recommend it. :thumb:
Banana Lobster

Postby Ante Bellum » Fri May 16, 2014 2:20 am

marro1 wrote:Oh. I thought it was palla. My bad.

PALLAS MAGI MADOKA MAGICAT

(and a bonus Charlotte that I made before knowing what I wanted to do)

(Puella just means girl. So instead of "mahou shoujo," they've got "puella magi," even though both boil down to "magical girl.")
Ante Bellum

Postby Adie » Sat May 17, 2014 3:15 am

Ante Bellum wrote:PALLAS MAGI MADOKA MAGICAT

(and a bonus Charlotte that I made before knowing what I wanted to do)

^ If that was an actual show, I would totally watch it.
Anyway, yes, Madoka Magica is one of my favorites, too. :) I watched it while it was airing, and it was really fun seeing all the fans freak out at every plot twist and theorize what was going to happen next. I definitely did not expect a lot of the turns the story took. I think the revelation that SPOILER: Highlight text to read: magical girls eventually turned into witches shocked me the most.
Adie

Postby AnaniAnime » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:45 pm

OH MY GOSH! YEEESSS!!!! I finished this series about a week ago and I love love love it!!! I usually don't watch animes that are this dark but this one was amazing! I loved the animation and music and I also loved the character's personalities! The story was soooo sad and I was like "NOOOOO!!!" in almost every episode but nothing happened without reason. Every death or tragedy contributed to the story line (even if if broke my heart in every single way). I loved it! :D
Hello!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.pinterest.com/ariannawesomez/
AnaniAnime

Postby marro1 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:36 am

Yeah, I'm actually now watching it for a second time with my sister-in-law.
Edward

Death the Kid.

marro1

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews