Series or Movies you watch over and over!

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Series or Movies you watch over and over!

Postby Mithrandir » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:55 pm

I just finished watching Hyouka again. This is a truly great series to watch a second time. I picked up on several things I don't remember seeing the first time. I've also re-watched K-On!, Azumanga Daioh, Trigun, Fruits Basket, Best Student Council, Lucky Star, Ouren High School Host Club, and several Ghibli movies like Whisper of the Heart, Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service, etc.

Sometimes when I've had a truly terrible week at work I'll take part of Saturday and just totally re-watch something fun to raise my mood.

So how about you guys? Anyone else do this?
Mithrandir

Re: Series or Movies you watch over and over!

Postby faithb4sight » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:06 pm

I second Fruits Basket. Even though the ending leaves something to be desired, it just has a way of making me smile.

Ghibli, yes! For me, it's Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Castle in the Sky, and Kiki's Delivery Service.

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time is what I reach for when I want something I know I'll have an emotional reaction to. I've watched it 3 or 4 times now; I really need to buy it.

If I need something to lift my mood considerably, I bust open my Ranma 1/2 collection and play the Cat-Fu episode where Ranma thinks he's a cat and hops into Akane's lap. <3
Image On the summit - even in the valley... God is good. I praise Him for all of everything.
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." Rom. 15:13
faithb4sight

Postby Mithrandir » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:12 pm

faithb4sight wrote:I second Fruits Basket. Even though the ending leaves something to be desired, it just has a way of making me smile.

"Onigiri!" makes my allergies act up every time.

faithb4sight wrote:If I need something to lift my mood considerably, I bust open my Ranma 1/2 collection and play the Cat-Fu episode where Ranma thinks he's a cat and hops into Akane's lap. <3

Quoted for truth. :D
Mithrandir

Postby Sheenar » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:49 am

I second Fruits Basket and Trigun --both make me smile a lot. Mmm --jelly doughnuts. .. :)

I also reach for The Cat Returns when I need a pick-me-up. Such a fun and cute movie. The series Usagi Drop is also a heartwarming one to rewatch.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby skreyola » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:25 pm

Yeah, I do rewatch things occasionally to raise my mood, but more often, I just rewatch something that I've enjoyed a whole bunch, even if it isn't uplifting.

Shows I've rewatched many times include: Cross Game, Gunslinger Girl, and Honey & Clover.
"Click click click. Still defective."
MAL: Manga List
Anime List
skreyola

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:54 pm

Third-ing ? Trigun and Fruits Basket <3 I feel all warm when I watch them~
I really enjoy re-watching TRC too XD

As for movies, I really like the Prestige c:
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:43 am

GITS Standalone Complex. It's just that interesting and engaging to me.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby GeneD » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:50 am

I seem to watch Tsuritama and Baccano on average about once a year for the last 3 years or so, the former as my eternal "pick-me-up" show. I've watched Paprika, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and some Ghibli like Spirited Away and Howl's several times, not recently though. I'm actually a bit surprised at how little I tend to re-watch things.
GeneD

Postby Vii » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:46 pm

Princess Mononoke I've seen more than a few times, largely because we own it on DVD. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya I believe I've seen thrice. The Girl Who Leapt Through Time is also a favorite of mine.

Toradora, Hyouka, and Princess Tutu I have seen at least twice. Any of them are good candidates for another rewatch from me.

If I just want to kick back and watch an episode or two of something, then I'll pick out an episode of Ouran, Free, or Natsume Yuujinchou. Natsume I've fully watched twice, the others not so much (Ouran I tend to watch random episodes, so it may add up. Free is too recent).

There's plenty of series I'd absolutely rewatch given the chance (tsuritama, Sakamichi no Apollon, FMABrohood, Macross Frontier...), but I haven't found the time or energy.
Vii

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:04 pm

The one I watch over and over again is FMA and FMA: Brotherhood. I don't think I'll ever get tired of that story. In my teenage years, on days when the angst and drama was really getting to me, I would put on episode 37 of the first series, which I still think is the most hilarious episode I've ever seen of any show anywhere. It's never failed to cheer me up.

Studio Ghibli movies are always good for a rewatch, my favorites being Howl's Moving Castle, My Neighbor Totoro, Castle in the Sky, and Spirited Away.

Other ones I've watched multiple times:
Baccano!
Scamper the Penguin (a childhood favorite)
Death Note
Haibane Renmei
Lovely Complex
No.6
Trigun
Wolf's Rain
Kodocha
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Rewin » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:18 am

mechana2015 wrote:GITS Standalone Complex. It's just that interesting and engaging to me.

GITS is probably the show I've watched the most, and for the same reason. I barely have time to watch any shows so I don't get to rewatch much.
Rewin

Postby LastLfan » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:54 pm

Pokemon: the origins, both the dub and sub, truly up till the last 5 or so minutes, this was a true love letter to people who played generation 1 pokemon and was a special that they didn't have to do whatsoever, they didn't even air it on tv in america, they made it solely because people wanted it...except for the last 5 mins or so. Anywho being only 4 eps long i love watching this on a sick afternoon because i know i can watch all of it like its a movie
LastLfan

Postby Kilvakar » Sun May 25, 2014 3:34 pm

FMA: Brotherhood, always a good story.
My sister and I are re-watching Bleach right now...
Trigun
Chrome-Shelled Regios

Ditto to the people who've watched Studio Ghibli films multiple times :)

There are a lot of non-anime movies and series that I watch with my family over and over again, including Star Wars, The Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, Dragonheart, Hook, lots of Disney, Disney/Pixar, and Muppet movies, series like Monk, Merlin, The A-Team, Magnum PI, Hawaii Five-0, Sonic the Hedgehog...
Image Image
"Comrade isn't simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It's the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, fell free to lean on me...And I, too, will lean on you as well."---Mavis Vermillion, First Master of Fairy Tail

"There are people in this world who enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bear solitude."---Makarov Dreyar, Third Master of Fairy Tail
Kilvakar

Postby Vracer111 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:15 pm

Anime properties I have watched with some kind of Regularity:

Attack on Titan (3x), Birdy the Mighty: Decode, Cowboy Bebop, Ergo Proxy, Ramen Fighter Miki, Redline (about 15x), Summer Wars, and 5 Centimeter per Second.

Attack on Titanholds up with every additional viewing, even knowing how things are going to go you still get invested in the story and characters and how they change to deal with the situations they are in.

Birdy the Mighty: Decode I don't know what it is about this series, but it has a heart and makes you care for the characters deeply. Season 2 is a little heartbreaking because of what happens with Birdy's best friend and the choices he makes throughout the series.

Cowboy Bebop, its an anime masterpiece with the best dub ever made...Has action, makes me laugh, makes me cry, makes me reflect on the crew and their relationships, and still gets better with every viewing, even though the ending is sad.

Ergo Proxy, one of the few shows that actually requires multiple viewings just to understand it all... still one of my favorite anime series and one of the few with not a sad ending. Episode 16 is just one of my favorite episodes of any anime too!

Ramen Fighter Miki if I need a comedy/lighthearted series then this is what I turn to, well this or Dai-Guard.... but mainly this because its a shorter series.

Redline, wow - first weekend I got the Japanese Blu-Ray release I watched it 5 times... have watched it over 15 times since and have 3 different Blu-Ray releases of it (Japanese Special/collectors Edition, UK Collectors Edition, English basic)

Summer Wars - for when I want to feel good and be reminded about family...very much like my family and our family reunions.

5 centimeters per second - I've grown to really enjoy this, and its NOT SAD ending (may take you a while to realize it does not have a sad ending...maybe you wished it turned out a different way, but things played out a certain way, both parties accept it, and life goes on). And the art work is just so beautiful...
Vracer111

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:58 pm

Just realized I haven't posted here yet...
Well, I'll pretty much rewatch anything but some of them are Howl's Moving Castle, Attack on Titan, Vampire Knight and VK: Guilty, Avatar: The Last Airbender, FMA and FMA: Brotherhood, Ouran High School Host Club, and Fruits Basket. :)
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby Rose Faerie » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:57 pm

Hmm...

I haven't been into anime for a long enough time to really rewatch stuff over and over, though as a kid I would obsessively rewatch Pokemon.

I've seen My Neighbor Totoro tons of times, especially since my youngest sister is obsessed with it. Fortunately, that's one that will never get old for me, unlike Ponyo, which my other two siblings have played to death. I've seen Kiki's Delivery Service and The Secret World of Arietty a couple of times too.

I've also rewatched Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun a lot, since my sister likes to watch it on road trips. I rewatched the first season of My Hero Academia and the first season of the Fruits Basket reboot with my sister as well.

And lately I've been randomly feeling like rewatching both versions of Fullmetal Alchemist. Will I act on that impulse? Who knows.
Rose Faerie

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:41 pm

Not remotely anime, but I've rewatched Danny Phantom so many times. One of the few American cartoons I enjoy.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Rose Faerie » Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:22 pm

Durarara!! is so rewatchable. I could never get tired of it.
Rose Faerie

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews