[Winter 2014] anime IS COMING

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Re: [Winter 2014] anime IS COMING

Postby MangaRocks! » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:36 pm

So, it turned out that Tonari no Seki-kun's 13th episode was *not* its finale, as I had originally thought-- there's actually going to be 21 ep.'s in all! :jump:

As for this ep.: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: LOL, he did the "OK" sign instead of a "retake" one in the OP again. :) Also: CPR lessons ROTFL-- especially with the robot family being serious again in Seki's stead :lol: , and Yokoi getting so upset about supposedly losing the robot when Seki just ended up nonchalantly getting it back anyway; etc. :grin:

...Oh, and I finally watched the OVA, too, which was basically two ep.'s put together (and both of them were hilarious as always, of course :thumb: ).

Since this is the only Winter show I'm continuing, if I have any more specific comments about the rest of the ep.'s, I'll do so in the regular "what are you watching" thread so that the rest of *this* thread doesn't just turn into a bunch of spam from me about this, LOL. :) (Can't hide my love for this show, though~ :hug: )
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby skreyola » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:13 pm

It really is a great show. :)
"Click click click. Still defective."
MAL: Manga List
Anime List
skreyola

Postby Mouse2010 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:45 pm

Finished up Space Dandy tonight. It's hard to know what to say about this show. I feel like it had a lot of the things that made for a memorable show: well-defined and goofy characters; quirky sense of humor; interesting ideas for alien societies; even occasional touches of heart. But as I look back at it, there were only a few episodes that I really really liked (example: episode 10. I would gladly rewatch that. Probably not 1,000 times, though!) There were other episodes that were okay, and some that genuinely left me going "huh?" Sometimes I felt like the show was making subtle points that I just couldn't follow; other times, it frankly seemed kinda dumb. Overall I feel like it didn't live up to its potential.

But, as it turns out, SPOILER: Highlight text to read: there's going to be a season 2. I am on the fence about whether I'll watch it. My first reaction on finding out was "eh, not sure I care." But as I think back over the show, I think I might give it another chance come July.
Mouse2010

Previous

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews