Saturday morning anime

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Saturday morning anime

Postby LastLfan » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:42 pm

Dors anyone else still watch these kinds of shows. I know they seem kinda kidish but they have a special place in my heart cause thats how i got into anime, and i think the same goes for a lot of people. Personaly there are times when i find some of them a tad beneath me, the yugioh zexal episode with tomatoes for instance. But I've still never missed an episode of Zexal because overall i still think its pretty cool. What do you guy think. Right now I'm watching Yu-Gi-Oh! zeXal, b-daman crossfire, beyblade shogun steel and the occasional pokemon adventures in unova and beyond. Does anyone else still watch these shows as they air, or older ones on hulu or dvd? Any that you used to watch?
LastLfan

Re: Saturday morning anime

Postby Rewin » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:57 pm

If I'm in my office and happen to see dbz kai or maybe even the original yugioh I may leave it on for a bit. The other day I did just that with dbz kai and seen blue polo O.o
Rewin

Postby Mullet Death » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:55 am

I love those types of shows period. Plan om buying yugioh classic when I have money to spare. Collecting Pokemon as much as possible as well.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby FourFourSeven » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:12 pm

Used to watch them, up until 1996. The highlight of EVERY Saturday morning was Sonic the Hedgehog (SatAM version).

And when they canned it that year, my 12-year-old self was utterly shattered.

I've sworn bloody, raging, armed vendetta against the Power Rangers ever since.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

"Why can't EVERYTHING be rocket propelled?!"
-Mattias Nilsson, Mercenaries 2: World In Flames
FourFourSeven

Postby LastLfan » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:11 pm

I seem to be the only one watching, but B-daman crossfire, wasn't sure about this one but has a very cardfight vanguard feel
LastLfan

Postby Schokolade » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:24 pm

The only anime I remember watching (regularly) as a kid were DBZ, Tokyo Mew Mew, and Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Shows like that have a very nostalgic affection from me so I can't help but enjoy them to some degree. However, still-running series like Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon feel like they've kinda run their course so I have trouble getting into the newer seasons. Though Zexal is especially hard for me because it's the most far removed from the original of all the spin-offs. The character designs also kind of irk me, but I might actually like the series as a whole if I gave it an honest attempt.
Schokolade

Postby LastLfan » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:03 pm

Ya zexal is definetely unique from the others, but hits a lot of nostalgic moments. B-damam crossfire is over now and you know what, it was pretty good. And sorry fourfourseven...I LOVE ME MY POWER RANGERS...except operation overdrive, I'll help you shoot that one.
LastLfan

Postby Mullet Death » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:49 pm

I wanna get all the Power Rangers seasons on DVD and marathon them all. It would be a cheesy, nostalgic, giddy experience to remember.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby LastLfan » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:02 am

I just introduced my 4 year old brother to power rangers...I don't know which one of us enjoys it more.
LastLfan

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:45 am

Sometimes I watch Pokémon '3'
(Oh, TMM counts? I used to be obsessed with that show)
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews