Favorite anime couples!

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Re: Favorite anime couples!

Postby faithb4sight » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:30 pm

Been watching some of Digimon SSN 2. Really like Kari and Davis >.< Mostly because Davis is a dork...but he so obviously likes Kari that his dorkiness makes him adorable.
Also been watching some Fairy Tail and I cannot decide! I like Lucy and Natsu together. I like Lucy and Grey together. Too hard to pick. I think it's hard to decide because while I love Lucy and Natsu's friendship, I don't think he'd be a good, everyday boyfriend for her. That said, he would always, always, always save her in a dangerous situation by putting her life above his own. But Grey is dependable, too... *sigh* Okay, I've decided: I want Erza and Jellal together ;)
Image On the summit - even in the valley... God is good. I praise Him for all of everything.
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." Rom. 15:13
faithb4sight

Postby Rzerox21xx » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:21 am

ummm Natsu and Gray are both guys. Snice this is a Christian forum, I have a hunch not too many people are fond of shipping male to male not that we hate homosexuals or anything, don't mean to sound judgemental

as far as manga, lately Gray is seem to responding to Juvia's feelings. the main 5 couple of Fairy Tail,

favorite couples and well I usually go for canon or the most development and leading towards canon

Fairy Tail

Natsu and Lucy
Jella and Erza
Gajeel and Levy
Gray and Juvia
Elfman and Evergreen
Laxus and Mirajane(especially with the recent manga arc)

Naruto

Naruto and Hinata( especially after chapter 615, probably the Naruto Couple with the most development)
Minato and Kushina(canon)
Shikamaru and Temari
Asuma and Kushina(canon)
Sakura and Sasuke

Rurouni Kenshin

Himura Battousai and Yukishiro Tomoe(canon)
Himura Kenshin and Kamiya Kaoru(canon)
Yahiko and Tsubame(canon)
Sanosuke and Megumi
Aoshi and Misao

Yu Yu Hakusho

Yusuke and Keiko(canon)
Kuwabara and Yukina

Dragonball
Goku and Chichi (canon)
Vegeta and Bulma(canon)
Gohan and Video(canon)
Kuririn and 18(canon)

Buso Renkin
Kazuki and Tokiko(canon)

Bleach
Ichigo and Orihime
Renji and Rukia
Hitsugaya and Hinamori

Gundam Seed,

Kira and Lacus(canon)
Athrun and Cagalli(canon but not sure if its still in end of the series)
Mu la Flaga and murrue ramius(canon)
Shin Asuka and Lunamaria (canon)
Rzerox21xx

Postby faithb4sight » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:12 am

@Rzerox21xx
Umm I think you may have mis-understood my post. I can't decide between the Lucy and Natsu pairing, or the Lucy and Grey pairing. I can't decide who I want Lucy to be with in the end. I do not want Natsu and Grey together. No, no, no. Sorry if my above post was confusing, but I definitely wanted to clarity that.

I've watched a great portion of Dragon Ball (not DBZ yet) and I used to be very fond of Bulma and Yamcha. After a while, though, Yamcha's endearing qualities (especially his shyness) started to fade. I preferred him before, because he reminded me of Ryoga from Ranma. I still sorta like him and Bulma together but I know it will not last.
Image On the summit - even in the valley... God is good. I praise Him for all of everything.
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." Rom. 15:13
faithb4sight

Postby Rzerox21xx » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:10 am

faithb4sight wrote:@Rzerox21xx
Umm I think you may have mis-understood my post. I can't decide between the Lucy and Natsu pairing, or the Lucy and Grey pairing. I can't decide who I want Lucy to be with in the end. I do not want Natsu and Grey together. No, no, no. Sorry if my above post was confusing, but I definitely wanted to clarity that.

I've watched a great portion of Dragon Ball (not DBZ yet) and I used to be very fond of Bulma and Yamcha. After a while, though, Yamcha's endearing qualities (especially his shyness) started to fade. I preferred him before, because he reminded me of Ryoga from Ranma. I still sorta like him and Bulma together but I know it will not last.

HAHAHHAHAHAAH Oh man I'm so sorry I mislead your post. that I apologize. man I feel stupid. yeah I understand that preference athough I prefer Nalu and there's so many moments between if you read the manga to it's current chapters and Gray and Juvia got so much development snice the Grand Magic games.

again I apologized. I understand people were trolled when it was revealed that Bulma would have a kid and it would be with Vegeta but eventually the fanbase grew with it and Trunk is such a popular character.
Rzerox21xx

Postby faithb4sight » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:27 am

That's okay, I just wanted to make sure to get my true intent across!

I know Grey and Juvia are pretty much an item, and I know their powers compliment one another. Also, I like how steadfast Juvia is towards Gray. That said... I just think she's a little pushy with her feelings. Also she can be a little odd. Gray is so serious (usually) that I just don't like them as a possible couple yet. Maybe they work better later in the series.
faithb4sight

Postby Mullet Death » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:15 pm

^^^How can you say all that? Gray and Juvia are the best! D:

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby faithb4sight » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:31 pm

Haha I love them individually just not sure about together yet :)
faithb4sight

Postby faithb4sight » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:33 pm

Plus, SPOILER: Highlight text to read: doesn't Leon like Juvia? I honestly think they would work a little better. Just my opinion though!
faithb4sight

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:32 pm

SoMa and Royai :3
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby faithb4sight » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:51 pm

I can tell by your avvie that you like SoMa. (though it took me a sec. to realize that stood for Soul/Maka! Haha). But who is Royai? What's that? I googled it and Riza and Roy from FMA popped up... but I don't see how combining their names makes Royai except that it has "Roy" in it. Unless it's supposed to be phonetic? Hmm... :forehead:
Last edited by faithb4sight on Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
faithb4sight

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:44 pm

I was always told it was like Hawkeye but with Ai instead :3

Postby faithb4sight » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:57 pm

Okay so Roy-Eye but spelled Royai. Kinda cute, now that I think about it. Looks better written down, too. :) I love Roy+Riza together. They suit each other ;)
faithb4sight

Postby Rzerox21xx » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:17 pm

faithb4sight wrote:Plus, SPOILER: Highlight text to read: doesn't Leon like Juvia? I honestly think they would work a little better. Just my opinion though!

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: If you read the last chapters of the grand magic games saga, Lyon gave up pursuing her and telling Gray to treat her better chapter 338. and recent chapters SPOILER: Highlight text to read: the Tartoros arc, Gray comforted Juvia over the destruction and bad feeling she get from the attacks from Tartaros
Rzerox21xx

Postby faithb4sight » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:57 pm

I haven't gotten that far. I will probably feel more inclined towards Juvia and Gray at that point. Honestly, I would love to see Lucy with Loki but that's just a dream...
faithb4sight

Postby Rzerox21xx » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:26 am

How about a more interesting question.

A time you had to jump ship when it get sunk and then get on a another ship. and learn to adapt to that change

a instance that you ship a couple and thought they were going to end up together but the anime or canon took it to a different direction

in case of Yamucha x Bulma shippers that had to accept they broke up and Bulma moved on with Vegeta and had a cool son like Trunks.

in Fairy Tail, I used to ship Natsu and Lisanna and now with the current manga chapters, Im more incline for Natsu and Lucy.

Naruto, it was interesting. Original series, Naruhina, beginning of Shippuden, when Hinata got so few moments, Narusaku, then recent chapters starting 2009, Back to Naruhina.
Rzerox21xx

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:28 am

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I think I may be the only person in the world who ever even vaguely considered Gray/Erza. Please don't shoot me. The more I think about it, though, the more I think of Gray and Erza as brother and sister, so yeah.
Though really, Jellal/Erza is absolutely a given for me.

I'm gonna go against all the laws of anything ever and say Yamaken/Shizuku from Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun. That poor guy... I mean, it's obviously not possible, but still...

Of course, I'm not incredibly romantic myself, so I can't think of a lot of good pairs, and I'd be happy if nobody ever got paired up. Especially Gray.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby faithb4sight » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:48 am

@ClaecElric4God

I'm the opposite - I love when my favorite pairings are officially together. That said, I prefer that to happen at the END of a series. I'd rather them hint at romance and the characters be shy and cute around each other for a very long time :)

I know where you're coming from with Gray/Erza! She's so perfect with Jellal, though, that I can't ship it. Ah well.
faithb4sight

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:36 pm

faithb4sight wrote:I'm the opposite - I love when my favorite pairings are officially together. That said, I prefer that to happen at the END of a series. I'd rather them hint at romance and the characters be shy and cute around each other for a very long time :)

I agree with this completely, as long as you change "shy and cute" to "angry and yet caring" XD;;
I mean, look at this >3>

It's love XD;; <3

Though I can understand the appeal of shy and cute (Kyo and tohru comes to mind '3' )

Postby Nate » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:46 pm

Panda4christ:3 wrote:Image

>tfw no qt gf to kick you in the face

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby faithb4sight » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:31 pm

Panda4christ:3 wrote:I agree with this completely, as long as you change "shy and cute" to "angry and yet caring" XD;;
It's love XD;; <3

Though I can understand the appeal of shy and cute (Kyo and tohru comes to mind '3' )

AHH I must agree with you on two points!~ First Kyo and Tohru >.< My favorite couple ship. <3
Second, yes! I should have also mentioned the "angry yet caring" cuteness too! I especially love Royai (using new term I found out recently ;) ) and these two:

But usually there's some shy/cute in their relationships too :) Can't always be angry.
faithb4sight

Postby Rzerox21xx » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:48 pm

Panda4christ:3 wrote:
faithb4sight wrote:I'm the opposite - I love when my favorite pairings are officially together. That said, I prefer that to happen at the END of a series. I'd rather them hint at romance and the characters be shy and cute around each other for a very long time :)

I agree with this completely, as long as you change "shy and cute" to "angry and yet caring" XD;;
I mean, look at this >3>

Yeah Royai is so cool, too bad they can't be public about it.

From the newly published FMA artbook:

Comment by Arakawa-sensei on her drawing of Roy and Riza for Anime DVD/BD vol 2. Special first-print bonus gift box:

> Arakawa: After the conclusion of the series, we got many questions from fans that were asking “aren’t the Colonel and the Lieutenant going to get married?”

> Arakawa (cont.): [I can’t get them married because..] because of the Military regulations, if they get married they can no longer stay as the superior officer and [his] aid….
Rzerox21xx

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:01 pm

Nate wrote:
Panda4christ:3 wrote:Image

>tfw no qt gf to kick you in the face

I-I laughed harder at this than I should have XD;;

faithb4sight wrote:
Panda4christ:3 wrote:I agree with this completely, as long as you change "shy and cute" to "angry and yet caring" XD;;
It's love XD;; <3

AHH I must agree with you on two points!~ First Kyo and Tohru >.< My favorite couple ship. <3
Second, yes! I should have also mentioned the "angry yet caring" cuteness too! I especially love Royai (using new term I found out recently ;) ) and these two:

But usually there's some shy/cute in their relationships too :) Can't always be angry.

I can tell you like Kyo and Tohru :3 *points to avvie* Awe, yea, Kagome and Inuyasha are sweet too though sometimes Kagome can seriously get on my nerves D:

Rzerox21xx wrote:

I mean, look at this >3>

Yeah Royai is so cool, too bad they can't be public about it.

From the newly published FMA artbook:

Comment by Arakawa-sensei on her drawing of Roy and Riza for Anime DVD/BD vol 2. Special first-print bonus gift box:

> Arakawa: After the conclusion of the series, we got many questions from fans that were asking “aren’t the Colonel and the Lieutenant going to get married?”

> Arakawa (cont.): [I can’t get them married because..] because of the Military regulations, if they get married they can no longer stay as the superior officer and [his] aid….

I've seen this before, but good point lol. Even if they can't get married they can still love eachother D: *cue cheesy romantic music* or she could forget about him and marry some random dude *shrugs* either way I still ship it shamelessly XD;;
so basically

Postby faithb4sight » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:24 pm

Kagome can get on my nerves too. But I forgive her when she and Inuyasha are acting cutesy :)

Oh, another anger-couple:

Akane is so angry in general!!! But with Ranma as a fiancé... I kind of understand 0.o :shake: But they're adorable together. :XD:
faithb4sight

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:55 pm

I mean, look at this >3>

It's love XD;; <3

Aw man this was too funny! And I love both of those ships too! XD

Anyway, my personal favorite pairings, ones that I get all giddy about are...in no particular order...

Zeki (Zero and Yuki)-Vampire Knight
Kyo and Tohru (Oh my feels!)-Fruits Basket
Fakir and Ahiru/Duck-Princess Tutu
TamaHaru (Tamaki and Haruhi)-Ouran
All FMA pairings: EdWin, AlMei, Royai, & LingFan
Eren and Mikasa, Armin and Annie, Levi and Petra (SO much) from Attack on Titan
SoMa (Soul and Maka)-Soul Eater
Ibara and Haruto (Don't know why though)-Coppelion
Howl and Sophie-Howl's Moving Castle (Movie AND Book)
Seiji and Shizuku-Whisper of the Heart
Kirito and Asuna-SAO
And I'm including Zack and Aerith, Cloud and Tifa from Final Fantasy VII :n_n:
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby faithb4sight » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:39 pm

@PLCDreamcatcher14

Fakir and Ahiru work so well together. I like the innocence of their relationship. When I first watched the series I went on a mad dash to buy it online to own. Fakir was such a manly dancer.

PTT - truly a lovely series. I started the manga long ago. Can't remember if I finished, but it was quite rushed - so disappointing. I don't think the anime gets the hype it deserves because people are turned off by the title -.-

I think Full Moon o Sagashite also deserves bigger acclaim (at the very least the manga does). Takuto and Mitsuki are so fun.

Last edited by faithb4sight on Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
faithb4sight

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:02 pm

Awe, I loved the manga for full moon wo sagashite D: oh and Takuto was awesome >:3 (I mean, you don't get much manlier than cat ears and a midriff shirt , amirite?). Mistuki and Takuto was sweet too <3.
I feel like that entire manga gets shoved to the side as a silly magical girl series but, each of the shinigami's stories were just ;-; Not to mention Mistuki didn't exactly have a happy life either...

And, Ranma 1/2 <3 My entire childhood ^.^ . Can't say I shipped the pairing since I watched it when I was just a kid XD;; (Usually on weekend mornings, when my brothers would watch it and other things of the like)<3.

Postby faithb4sight » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:47 pm

@Panda4christ:3
I own all of the manga for Full Moon! I wish it were longer. :( I don't own the anime though. I saw the anime first and it was good but she sang way too often, haha. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: That moment when Takuto was listening to Mitsuki sing from far off and asks Meroko who that girl singing is (because he lost his memory)... :'( I'm still saddened when I think about it! The manga is great, and so emotional. But it ends on such a good note. Hee :angel:

Panda4christ:3 wrote:... And, Ranma 1/2 <3 My entire childhood ^.^ . Can't say I shipped the pairing since I watched it when I was just a kid XD;; (Usually on weekend mornings, when my brothers would watch it and other things of the like)<3.

I actually stumbled on the first season of Ranma at a used bookstore around 2009-ish, so I shipped Ranma and Akane from the get-go. I'd never heard of it and reading the back description on the box I wasn't sure I'd like it. It got immediate brownie points for being based off of a Rumiko Takahashi manga so I bought it (best $8 ever spent there). Breezed through the season, and had to immediately buy the rest on DVD as well. Great anime, though I usually recommend it for girls not guys, haha >.< SPOILER: Highlight text to read: The episode where Ranma thinks he's a cat and sits in Akane's lap and purrs - priceless.

After Ranma, Ryoga/P-chan is my favorite character :)

faithb4sight

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:11 pm

faithb4sight wrote:@PLCDreamcatcher14

Fakir and Ahiru work so well together. I like the innocence of their relationship. When I first watched the series I went on a mad dash to buy it online to own. Fakir was such a manly dancer.

PTT - truly a lovely series. I started the manga long ago. Can't remember if I finished, but it was quite rushed - so disappointing. I don't think the anime gets the hype it deserves because people are turned off by the title -.-

They really are the cutest aren't they? I became obsessed with the pairing when I was watching the show. I'm still obsessed. ^_^ LOVE that gif by the way. I also heard that the manga changed the story to where SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Ahiru ends up with Mytho. As soon as I found that out, I was like :bang: NOPE! Not reading that one. lol.

And I was pretty turned off by the title too myself but then I saw how many people loved it so I gave it try...Now it's one my my all time favorites. :n_n:

On a side note, I can't believe I forgot to add Syaoran and Sakura to my favorite couples list too!
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby faithb4sight » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:44 pm

PLCDreamcatcher14 wrote:They really are the cutest aren't they? I became obsessed with the pairing when I was watching the show. I'm still obsessed. ^_^ LOVE that gif by the way. I also heard that the manga changed the story to where SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Ahiru ends up with Mytho. As soon as I found that out, I was like :bang: NOPE! Not reading that one. lol.

And I was pretty turned off by the title too myself but then I saw how many people loved it so I gave it try...Now it's one my my all time favorites. :n_n:

On a side note, I can't believe I forgot to add Syaoran and Sakura to my favorite couples list too!

I first got the Princess TuTu series on a whim from Netflix through the mail (not sure if they even streamed back then 0.o). I was on an anime kick and basically got Netflix to send me any anime dvd's they had. I wound up having to sit through some pretty awful series that way, but I did stumble on Princess TuTu so it was worth the while! I think you're right about the manga... and I feel the same way - that is unacceptable! haha. ;) SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I get she had a crush on Mytho but I don't think Ahiru realized what real love even was until the end of the series. Plus, truly, she and Fakir grew to understand each other very deeply while Mytho was having his various issues. Mytho and Ahiru as a possibility doesn't even make sense. But I'm so glad that Mytho and Rue found happiness! >.<

Haha I forgot to mention Syao and Saku! I'm really fond of them. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Although it's weird that there are so many Syaorans. Still, Syaoran's unwavering dedication towards Sakura is really admirable.

But if I had to decide between PTT and TRC, I would pick PTT if only due to the fact that I get so emotional over it's plot.

faithb4sight

Postby Nate » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:34 pm

Panda4christ:3 wrote:I-I laughed harder at this than I should have XD;;

"Hey there Maka, I need to be kicked in the face."

"i CAN DO IT. I WILL DO IT NINE TIMES."

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews