Sword Art Online

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Sword Art Online

Postby starseven » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:15 am

I just finished watching Sword Art Online. I really enjoyed this series. I'm probably going to add this to my collection once the season is released. I was hoping I could hear some other peoples opinions of the series. I would really like to see a second season of this caring the story forward with the current characters. I've seen several other series that have had new series generated off of them. It seems in a lot of cases that the original characters that made it such a good story are not present. I would hope for this series if they do continue it that they continue to develop these characters.
starseven

Re: Sword Art Online

Postby LastLfan » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:17 pm

Well there is accell world, none of the same characters to the best of my knowledge but takes place in the same world.
LastLfan

Postby drill » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:30 pm

I myself enjoyed SAO, as it was my first anime that I watched (not including from when I was a kid). To be honest, I wouldn't really care if they switched out all the characters, and if my memory serves me correctly, that is exactly what happens in the Gun Gale Online arc.
drill

Postby starseven » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:48 pm

I've seen characters switched out in a number of cases. I would say a few good examples are Eureka Seven and Last Exile. They both started a new season without really any of the original characters. I was actually pretty fond of the original cast of characters for both these series.
starseven

Postby AnimeGirl » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:51 pm

I still need to finish the second art of SAO, but the first arc was amazing SPOILER: Highlight text to read: 'Cause of the death game, and it got so emotional at times, too bad we couldn't see all 100 floors or spend more time in SAO's world at least. I would buy it too, if it wasn't so expensive >.<
AnimeGirl

Postby ForeverInspired » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:26 pm

I loved the firt arc as well, but the second arc fell (just a little) in quality in my personal opinion. If I bought the series, I would probably only by the first half.
ForeverInspired

Postby starseven » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:49 am

I've been collecting series for a few years now. I know it's expensive right now. I'm going to wait for a full season to be released before buying it. I'm not going to buy it in 4 sections at it's current price.
starseven

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:38 am

SAO had a lot of flaws, but I'm one of those people who can overlook flaws fairly easily, I think. So while acknowledging the issues SAO had, I still enjoyed it immensely. I don't know that I would buy it on DVD, but that's just because I'm a tightwad. :sweat:
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby starseven » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:46 pm

I know moving into the second half of the season was really annoying for me. It turned out well in the end. I got the what they were trying to communicate. I still came out thinking it was an excellent series.
starseven

Postby CalebFishy » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:37 pm

The only things I have against SAO was the scene where Asuna assumes Kirto meant something other than spending the nigh at her house since he had nowhere else to sleep and the use of magic in the second arc. Other than that it was pretty good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i30WR3Ahnig
ClaecElric4God wrote:I've learned to appreciate things that I didn't before, because my primary desire is to see the Lord praised and glorified, by whatever means, as long as He approves of it.
CalebFishy

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews