A New Dawn

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Re: A New Dawn

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun May 26, 2013 6:36 pm

Shaddoc sighed as he kept tabs on Jadis and Arren. So far they weren't going at each other's throats, but it was only a matter of time. He supposed he should try to make some sort of conversation, but since that wasn't his strong point, and these kids didn't seem very talkative, he decided not to go out of his comfort zone for no good reason.
"They're plotting something." Jadis' statement broke Shaddoc out of his thoughts, and he rolled his eyes, sighing again. Of course, it was always a possibility, and their silence was a bit unnerving, but really. Jadis was so paranoid. Then it occured to Shaddoc that that was probably why Jadis was still alive, with all the time he spent on the front lines. He shrugged and decided to leave Jadis to his theories, refraining from giving any input. He was going to give them the benefit of the doubt, at least.
Shaddoc looked up sharply when he heard it, registering the scene before him. Jadis reacted a second before him, heading into the fight. Shaddoc took in the situation, ripping four or five arrows out of his quiver and shooting them one after the other at the monsters. From his position away from the fight, he caught something out of the corner of his eye and turned mid-shot to see the obnoxious kid and the girl running away. Shaddoc's blood was already boiling at the sight of Nigal and his men overwhelmed by those wretched shadows. And now this brat who they'd just saved from certain death was running away?! Shaddoc tore his focus away from the fight and yelled in anger.
"Hey, kid! Is that the thanks we get? We risk our lives to save your sorry carcass, and you run away like a coward? Where's that brave warrior who was going to fight to the death just to protect his pride? Some hero you are! If you really want to show us what you're made of, get over here and make yourself useful!"
Shaddoc didn't wait for a reply before turning back and letting lose another hail of arrows. He was running dangerously low, and it was just a matter of time before he had to go in with his dagger.
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Wolfsong » Mon May 27, 2013 6:04 pm

Jadis, deep within the fray, was slashing at monsters right and left. With a shout, he split a monster from nose to tail, and found the still form of Nigal on the ground before him.
"NO!" he shouted. A shadow scurrying over to him had a bloody grin on its face. He separated its head from its thin neck.
He stood there, body heaving from exertion. All around him Band members were fighting, desparately trying to break away. Right now however, he was in a clear spot. He bent down, grabbing Nigal's shoulder. "Nigal! Dang it, man, the war's not won yet. Wake up, you bloody idiot!"
Much to his surprise, the wounded man chuckled, though the noise sounded painful. "Awfully nice of you," Nigal drawled. His eyes opened again, and stared up at Jadis. "I'm not that far gone, they only grazed my side. I'm fine."
Jadis raised an eyebrow, noting the amount of blood soaking the man's tunic. "Oh really? Idiot, lets get you out of here before you bleed to death and spare them the trouble!" He carefully banaged the side with pieces of cloth ripped off his own tunic. It was a less than ideal job, but it would have to do. He bodily lifted Nigal up, then shouted, "Kirk! Kirk, sound the retreat! We're pulling back!"
He saw one of the horsemen turn, then raise a hand. Jadis breathed a sigh of relief. The second-in-command of the Band would get the crew outta there. Now he just had to get himself and-
Where were the teens?

Ethinine saw Arren and Reveka go running off, and he was truly flabbergasted. "H-h-hey! Arren, what're you doing?" and then their rescuers were joining in a brawl just ahead. He was trying to figure out what to do when, suddenly, shadows solidified around him and flung themselves at him. Shouting, he flung up earth around him, but they either went through or around. Within seconds, he was effectively swamped by the creatures. However, instead of being torn to pieces like he believed would happen, he found he was being moved, carried in fact. He struggled, but could barely even twitch his finger.
"Where are they taking me??" he wondered.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Mon May 27, 2013 6:11 pm

While running away with Reveka, Arren heard Etho shout from behind them, and looked back to shout out an answer, when Etho was being swarmed by the creatures. Arren was about to keep running, figuring there was nothing to do if Etho was dead, but then he saw that, on the contrary, the older boy was still alive and seemingly being stolen away by the shadows.
Arren gritted his teeth, looking back and forth between Etho and Reveka, trying to decide what to do. Finally, he sighed through gritted teeth. He let go of Reveka's hand and started running toward Etho. "Keep running! Don't stop until you're safe!" He shouted back at Reveka, then, turning forward, he yelled even louder, "HEY!! You, idiot! I need my sword back NOW!!!"
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Mon May 27, 2013 6:38 pm

Jadis glanced up, startled when he saw the guy come running back, and shouting for his sword. Then he saw the other teen getting swarmed over.
"Sheesh. Lose-lose situation. Crud..."
"Fine, but see me once we get outta here, no pampered brat calls me idiot and gets away with it," he shouted back, tossing the sword over. He heard Nigal chuckle.
"Ah, you win friends wherever you go. Who are they?"
"I'll tell you once we're out," he replied shortly.

Reveka saw Arren go back, catching his sword. In a split second, she decided that she could not turn a blind eye to her friend's plight. Without answering, she ran behind Arren, drawing her power inside, building it up.
Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon May 27, 2013 6:51 pm

Shaddoc slashed at the shadow creature in front of him, watching it vaporize. With his right arm, he swung his bow at a creature coming up behind him, effectively knocking it behind him. He kept an eye on Jadis, who was tending to Nigal, keeping at bay any monsters that tried to get close. So far he'd managed to keep it clear enough that Jadis didn't have to worry about it. When Jadis finished with Nigal and was back on his feet, Shaddoc turned away to see what was happening with those stupid kids. There was no way they were going to be able to handle themselves, and chances were the shadows would target them, too. He took in a sharp breath when he saw that one of them was being engulfed with creatures. He noticed the exhange between Jadis and Arren, then ran up to Jadis.
"Shouldn't we help them?"
ClaecElric4God

Postby Koneko-chan » Mon May 27, 2013 7:26 pm

Callysta eyes darted around, she couldn't understand what to do, who to help. She was scared, indeed; but she wanted to help her friends. Then Callysta's eyes landed on Etho, she suddenly felt a burst of anger. She squeezes her eyes shut and concentrated hard, palms open. Shadow was forming, building up in her hands, until it was a big, whirling ball of fast shadows. Callysta's eyes shot open and she launched the ball, towards the shadows holding Etho. "I hope that works..Even if just a little bit.." She mutters watching it swiftly move toward the shadows.
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

You are forgiven. Always and completely forgiven. - The 11th Doctor
No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Total Grell fangirl. :3 <3
Koneko-chan

Postby Oddood198 » Tue May 28, 2013 5:14 pm

We'll see about that, idiot. Arren thought, watching the sword fly at him through the air. He reached out his hand and, through no small amount of coordination and timing, caught it by the handle without losing even a single finger.
Arren looked back, making sure Reveka wasn't being pursued and was escaping safely... Only to find her right behind him. You, you... Dummy! He thought, it was too dangerous here, she should have escaped while she had the chance... Well, too late for that, she could be amazingly stubborn sometimes.
Arren faced forward, the crowd of shadows carrying Etho away was close now, and he raised his sword. As soon as they were within range, he began swinging at them in a precise and controlled manner, aiming carefully, avoiding Etho as best he could.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Tue May 28, 2013 5:38 pm

"Do I look like I can attack right now?" Jadis asked sarcastically. Then he added, "Sorry, I can't do anything. I need to get Nigal out before he bleeds to death."
"Jadis!"
Mattemeo rode up, on what looked like someone else's horse. Jadis felt his heart sink. "Matt, what on earth are you doing?" he demanded.
"I had to find you!" he said. "Something told me something was wrong! So I borrowed Gerth's mount. He'll never miss it."
"Steal is more like. Look, can you get Nigal back to town quickly, without jostling him too much?"
"I can try," the boy answered, trying to sound more confident than he was. Without further ado, Jadis eased Nigal up in front of Mattemeo, and the boy held the much bigger man with a look that showed that he realized just what he was supposed to do.
"Ride hard, Mattemeo," Jadis said quietly. "Don't look back. Don't let anything stop you."
The boy nodded, and the horse shot forward. Jadis turned, equipping his claws. "Lets have some fun," he replied.

Reveka surrounded herself with light and dove straight into the shadows. Shrieking, they either flung themselves away or were disintegrated on the spot. She stayed next to Arren, looking around. "Where's Ethinine?!"
Callysta's shadow smashed into the midst of them. Reveka felt it against her light a moment, then it seemed to swallow up the shadows, like a void. Together with Arren, Callysta, Talos and herself, they soon cleared out the shadows. However, there was no sign of Ethinine, or a body at least.
Reveka looked around anxiously. "Where is he?!"
She suddenly felt a prickling sensation on the edge of her mind. Something was close...something...
"Arren, we have to get out of here! Something big's coming!"
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Tue May 28, 2013 5:51 pm

Arren looked around wildly, the shadows had all been dispatched, but there was no sign of Etho. Oh great, what's he gone and gotten himself into now...? He thought.
At Reveka's warning, Arren looked at her, then around to the surrounding area. He couldn't see anything, but he knew better than to doubt Reveka's senses. "Callysta, Talos, run!!" he bellowed, then grabbed Reveka's hand. Let's try this again. He thought as he began running toward the forest a second time.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Tue May 28, 2013 5:54 pm

Jadis whirled, seeing the teens were running again. "Where the heck are you going now?!" he demanded. "Your friend's not with you, you're abandoning him? Cowards the lot of you!" He turned to Shaddoc. "Much as I hate to say this, lets shadow them on their way out. As noticed before, the Dark wants them apparently, so lets make sure they get out safely, then get back to town. I'm famished!"

Reveka clung to Arren, running as fast as she could. She wasn't sure what was behind them, but she was desparate to get away. "I hope Ethinine will be okay, wherever he is," she thought, worried.
Wolfsong

Postby Koneko-chan » Tue May 28, 2013 6:35 pm

Callysta felt frozen for a second, eyes stuck on the spot where Etho was, but was gone "No no no.. No...T-this can't happen!..." She knew this wasn't the time to let her emotions run about, especially since Talos, Arren, and Reveka were running. She felt tears brimming her eyes but she blinked them back and started running with the other 'We'll find you, Ethinine, wherever you are.' Callysta thought.
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Koneko-chan

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue May 28, 2013 6:44 pm

Shaddoc nodded shortly, pulling an arrow out of the ground and placing it in his quiver. While he'd been fighting, he'd managed to grab up a good number of his arrows, and his quiver was fairly well stocked once again.
Shaddoc was all for following the teens and making sure they stayed safe, but he was more than a little surprised at Jadis' concern for them. He shrugged inwardly and chalked it up to Jadis' hatred for the Dark. Either that or Jadis was having some abnormal change of heart.
"Agreed," he replied. Then he smirked as he added, "Famished, eh? You should have taken the bread I offered."
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Wed May 29, 2013 4:27 pm

"If I had, my day would probably been a whole lot worse. I mean, at least the other way I was awake and able to access and get...adjusted. To wake up to it...I might have tried to kill you." He grinned at Shaddoc, then said, "C'mon." and he rushed after them.
He didn't care about them. Well, not the boy maybe but the girls were quiet at least. Still...they all still seemed like children.
"Idiots. Besides, I promised that boy a licking for calling me one earlier." with that in mind, he trailed after them.

Just ahead, Reveka could see a faint light. Were they really...With a cry of pure joy, they burst into the sunlight.
It was twilight, actually, but sunlight is sunlight. She looked up at Arren with her face glowing. Not with her light, but with pure happiness. "We're safe! We can go home!"
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Wed May 29, 2013 4:33 pm

Arren looked up at the light, and couldn't help but smile some at the thought of safety. He looked at Reveka, and his smile grew when he saw the look on her face. "Yeah, yeah you can." He said, patting her head. He looked to Callysta, who had just entered the twilight behind him. "Callysta, watch after Reveka for me. Make sure she gets home safe, and don't let her get a scratch. Goodbye, both of you, with any luck I'll see you again soon." He said, then turned and began walking back the way they had come.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Wed May 29, 2013 4:40 pm

OOC- he's going back for Ethinine, isn't he?

Reveka turned swiftly, watching him walk off. "A-Arren?! Where are you going?!" She reached out to grab him, but he was back in the shadow and, despite everything in her screaming to go after him, she could not bring herself to reenter the shadow world. Instead, she clung to Callysta and broke into loud sobs.

Jadis watched with an eyebrow cocked as he watched the other boy come back in, leaving the one girl bawling. He debated a moment, then stepped out in front of him.
"I assume you're either after your friend," he said quietly. "Or you're a glutton for punishment. Either way-" he grinned. Whichever he chose, it meant he got to knock some darkness around for a while. That was his idea of fun. "-wanna hand?"
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Wed May 29, 2013 4:43 pm

OOC: That was the plan, leastaways.

Arren walked past the man without sparing him a glance, "I don't need help from you." He said. Honestly, after all that had happened the past few hours, the worst part of it all was right now, walking away and having to listen to Reveka crying like a child, and knowing he had caused her to.

OOC: Short, sorry, I think a have to go now. Bye!
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Wed May 29, 2013 4:46 pm

Jadis gave him a disparaging glance, then remarked, "Then I'll take my compensation now, since I shan't be seeing you again."
With that, he lunged into Arren, smashing his knee into Arren's back.
Wolfsong

Postby Koneko-chan » Wed May 29, 2013 4:51 pm

Callysta was flabbergasted but stayed quiet as her eyes followed Arren's figure til she couldn't see him anymore. Callysta gazed down at Reveka in a motherly way, even if the girl was slightly older. She hugged her tight "it'll be alright, Rev. Arren will come back with Etho, we can go back home, and everything will be okay." She stated softly, but reassuringly.

OOC: This may seem like a silly question, but when they get Etho back and go home, is it the end?

Koneko-chan

Postby Wolfsong » Wed May 29, 2013 5:03 pm

OOC- oh no, my dear Koneko, its just the beginning.

Reveka slowly smiled back at Callysta, though without Arren she didn't feel alright at all. She nodded toward the deeper forest and the ever looming mountain as her way to say "lets go home" and, holding Callysta's hand, started walking toward the cave that would lead back home.
Last edited by Wolfsong on Wed May 29, 2013 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfsong

Postby Koneko-chan » Wed May 29, 2013 5:12 pm

OOC: :D Yessss!

Callysta smiles "Okay." She could tell Reveka still felt uneasy, as they walked back, for some reason her mind went back to the memory of the two men in the cave.

Koneko-chan

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed May 29, 2013 7:40 pm

Shaddoc sighed, for what felt like the 100th time since he'd first consented to help Nigal get Jadis to the ceremony. One thing had led to another, and he felt like he hadn't rested in ages. And now here he was, watching as Jadis began yet another dispute with this kid. Even with his infinite patience, Shaddoc was reaching his limit, and was about ready to beat some sense into Jadis for being such a stubborn blockhead about this. Shaddoc's heart went out to Arren after all he'd been through, and Jadis was being less than sympathetic. And either way, this was a waste of time and energy, both of which Shaddoc was running low on.
Of course, playing mediator tended to be painful and fruitless if done wrong, so Shaddoc simply crossed his arms and waited for the opportune moment, watching to see how Arren would respond to Jadis' challenge. Could this day get any more lovely?
ClaecElric4God

Postby Oddood198 » Wed May 29, 2013 8:31 pm

Arren wasn't about to be taken that easily, though. Having heard the man's remark and been somewhat expecting such an outcome beforehand, Arren had enough of a warning when he heard the grass behind him rustling to step to the side and avoid the attack.
Not breaking his stride, he continued. "I don't have time to waste on the likes of you. Go crawl into some cave with your darkness or whatever." He said coldly.
Oddood198

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu May 30, 2013 4:29 am

Shaddoc arched an eyebrow, rather surprised at the kid's response, and slightly satisfied to see Jadis' brilliant revenge thus foiled. The guy was getting way too big for his britches, and Shaddoc was glad to see him taken down a notch by losing his pride a little rather than later on in a serious situation.
Shaddoc quickly stepped forward and put a firm hand on Jadis' shoulder.
"Don't do it, Jadis," he spoke quietly but with determination, noting the hatred in Jadis' eyes as he appeared to be about to skewer the kid on his sword. "Rather than killing him and feeling stupid afterward, why don't you "punish" him by showing him up and proving your skill in fighting against darkness? After all, fighting shadow is a bit more satisfying and productive than mowing down a kid who isn't near your skill level."
Shaddoc wasn't going to ask right out that Jadis help the kid, especially since that idea wouldn't appeal to him at all. But he hoped he could convince Jadis to channel his anger toward something more useful, and not have to get in the middle of a brawl to keep this two from hurting each other.
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Thu May 30, 2013 5:20 pm

For a few minutes, it looked like Jadis was about to take Shaddoc's head off along with Arren's. But, slowly, he pulled himself together so that he was at least not openly showing how mad he was. He shrugged and crossed his arms. "He doesn't want our help, why should we force it on him?" he remarked coldly, and somewhat childishly. He didn't feel up for any more heck right now. "I'm going to go home and finally get some decent rest-"
A loud roar rent the air. Jadis placed his hand over his eyes and sighed. "This just isn't my day." and he turned.
Coming toward them was probably one of the largest shadow he'd ever seen. It howled again as it came toward them. Several of the smaller shadows appeared, running towards the three men.
Jadis uncovered his face and drew his swords. "I'll be fighting with you," he said to Arren. "But you're on your own. I won't drop everything to help you when this thing is about to kill you."

Struggle as he may, Ethinine could not break free. What was worse was that he could not hear his friends anymore, which meant either they were in the same predicament as he was, or they had abandoned him. Both thoughts troubled him.
"You have the mage?"
He started; a human voice?! The shadows holding him seemed to cower and want to shrink away. "What could inspire fear in monsters like these?"
"Let me see him."
Slowly, the shadows released him and backed away. He found himself facing a winged man. Behind him stood...that man they'd fought and killed in the cave?!
"But-You're dead!" he exclaimed without thinking.
"I was, thank you very much. I'm recovering now."
The winged one studied him silently. Ethinine noticed how the darkness seemed to thicken around him in an unnatural way. Suddenly, he was very, very afraid.
"I doubt he personally will be of much use," the man concluded. "But perhaps we may use him as leverage. Take him to Gol-lath, and guard him as close as the others. If any of them escape, it will be all the worse for you."
The shadow monsters shrieked and howled. Ethinine found himself once more being carried off to light-knew-where. He wracked his brains frantically.
"Gol-lath. Wasn't that the first city to fall? No...it opened its gates willingly. Light help me..."

Reveka and Callysta entered the cave. She glanced around, thinking how strange it felt to be going back...without Arren or Ethinine. She feared what the Grand Sage might do.

OOC- you know, I keep forgetting just how old Reveka actually is. Her character and personality feel so much younger.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Thu May 30, 2013 5:28 pm

OOC: Well, if it's any consolation, I feel like I'm making Arren a bit too old.

"Oh, no. However shall I live." Arren said flatly in response to Jadis' warning that he wouldn't receive help from him. Arren raised his sword in front of him, and as the normal-sized shadows came within reach, he deftly and precisely cut them down, not even slowing in his forward walk. He didn't show any fear at the larger opponent, or any thrill of the battle, or anything of that sort. Looking at Arren, if there was one emotion that could be taken from his almost completely blank expression, it was that Arren was very annoyed by this turn of events.
Unhesitatingly walking forward, his sword spun in a flurry around him, hacking down the shadow beasts that got close to him.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Thu May 30, 2013 5:49 pm

OOC- I feel a little better, yeah.

Jadis lept up, landing on the shoulders of one of the shadows, and used that to push himself higher, going straight for the massive shadow's ugly head. His sword pieced it, and its roar almost deafened his eardrums. He raised his head to see its giant hand coming toward him. Next thing he knew, he was flying through the air, landing on the ground with a thud. However, he was used to falling from various heights, so he recovered quickly and slew the smaller shadow next to him. He lept in again.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Thu May 30, 2013 6:25 pm

Arren vaguely noticed the man, whose companion had called him Jadis, leap up at the head of the giant shadow, get knocked away, and try again. Well, it seemed hitting the head was a good strategy, and it also seemed Arren wasn't going to get out of here in any timely manner until that thing was dead, so he decided to try it himself.
"Now listen up, you stupid beast." he said, and as he spoke his body began to glow, he started running faster and faster, his sword still cutting apart any shadows in his way. "The longer it takes to get Ethinine, the longer I have to stay out here." The light covering him all gathered on his back, and formed a pair of astral wings. As soon as they were fully formed, he jumped onto the back of the creature Jadis had jumped off of a second ago. Then, using his wings to rise just a little higher, just a little faster, he stepped on Jadis and launched off of him, flying at the beast's head.
He raised his sword overhead, grasping it with both hands, and brought it falling down at the huge monster as he approached it. "And the longer I have to stay in this garbage pile of a place, the longer until I can be with my sister again!!"

OOC: I think I went Rule of Cool for a second there, hope it's OK.
Oddood198

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu May 30, 2013 8:22 pm

Shaddoc turned with Jadis to see the source of the sound. Between the group of small shadows and the insanely huge one, Shaddoc knew he wasn't going to come out of this fight without being noticeably more tired than he already was. And as he went into battle mode yet again, he found himself extremely annoyed. If there was anything he hated more than small talk, it was having to spend his whole day fighting a never-ending stream of shadows. Unlike Jadis, who lived and breathed fighting darkness, Shaddoc didn't mind every once in awhile getting to lean back and relax. Shaddoc groaned in frustration, listening to Jadis complain.
Pulling a handful of arrows out of his quiver, he said, "Let's get this over with, shall we?"
Shooting shadow after shadow, Shaddoc watched Jadis' and Arren's progress, ready to back either of them up should they be overwhelmed. He took his eyes off Jadis for a second, only to see him thrown to the ground by the giant shadow's hand. Shaddoc kicked himself for not having him covered, but sighed with relief when Jadis got back up and reentered the fray.
Out of the corner of his eye, Shaddoc saw Arren begin to glow, and watched as the kid advanced on the shadow, using a smaller shadow and even Jadis as a springboard to leap into the air toward the shadow. Shaddoc instantly realized what the kid was planning, and quickly notched three arrows to his bow at once. He pulled the string to his cheek, training the arrows on the monster's hand, which was coming around for a second hit. If he could just maintain an opening for Arren to get his strike in...
Shaddoc watched, calculated, and quickly released the arrows, sending them in a spreading pattern toward the massive hand.

OOC: You can't hog all the cool, pal. :cool:
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Fri May 31, 2013 4:57 pm

OOC- my turn for the spotlight!

Jadis was rising up higher...higher...when something pushed off his shoulders and sent him back to the ground. He saw white wings, which at first made him wonder if his brains had been disconnected. Then he saw them on Arren. "Alright, I have officially died and gone to Hades," was his final conclusion. However, the shadow was still there, and his swords were still in hand. And the ground when he hit it felt very solid and real. He shook his head. "Not my day."
He instantly leapt up again, reused the shadow-creature-springboard to reach the air, and struck with his light blessed swords at the same time as Shaddoc's and Arren's blows.
The large shadow, with all that stress of light and pain at once, literally exploded. As the shadow broke down and away, so did the darkness around them. "A carrier," Jadis realized. "A marker. He was the head of this particular cloud!" then the darkness cleared.
Jadis blinked, stunned to discover he was once again in a field bathed in twilight. The bad news was he was hanging several feet in the air.
He landed with grace, despite the awkward position he was falling from. Then he turned to Arren.
"I don't know if that's a bad dream or I'm in Hades, but either way, nobody can do that. Also, no real human being can glow like that girl could either. Who the heck are you?!"
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Fri May 31, 2013 5:01 pm

Arren used his wings to slow his descent, giving him the opportunity for a perfect, graceful landing. Once his feet touched the ground, he dropped into a crouch and his wings dissipated into little pieces of light.
On hearing Jadis' question, he turned his head slightly to look at him. "I am someone in a very bad mood, who is unbelievably annoyed, and in a hurry." He said, then shook his sword -in case there was any shadow gunk sticking to it- and began walking again without further speaking, as if nothing had happened in the first place.
Now, no more interruptions, I'm going to find Ethinine and get back home. He thought.
Oddood198

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying