A New Dawn

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Re: A New Dawn

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:22 pm

Arren, also hearing the sound, turned with Reveka, and saw the boy coming near them, a sword on his belt. Reveka clung to his arm when she saw the boy, and Arren watched him as he slowly got closer. This is absurd. He thought, The outside world is entirely absurd.
Oddood198

Postby syphon » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:34 pm

Talos still searching suddenly felt a presence. He knew he was being watched. "Who is there he said" hoping they are not the soldiers searching for him to arrest him. "I mean no harm!" He shouted once more

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.-1 john 4:7
syphon

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:38 pm

Reveka stared at the strange boy, who was saying he wouldn't hurt them. She was still scared though, him being the first human being she'd seen other than her friends or the Grand Sage. Still nervous, she remained beside Arren, deciding it was best to let him speak.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:46 pm

Arren listened to the boy proclaim his innocence, but he was still suspicious. To be entirely honest, he had no idea what things were like out here. He looked down at Reveka, who was, of course, remaining silent. Arren took a deep breath, then called to the boy, "Put your sword on the ground and step away, we may be able to resolve this peacefully."
Oddood198

Postby syphon » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:54 pm

Talos followed the voices to see a small group of four others. He put down his sword and said "friend or foe if i may ask"?

OOC-I figured i was wrong, fixed
Last edited by syphon on Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.-1 john 4:7
syphon

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:00 pm

OOC: There's four of us, actually.

"Friend for now, and you better hope it stays that way." Arren said in a less than friendly tone as he eyed the boy over. He looked fairly harmless, but appearances could be deceiving. Well, he at least put down his sword when told to, so perhaps he wouldn't be a threat. "Now who or what, if I may ask, are you supposed to be?
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:01 pm

Ethinine walked forward now. "Depends," he said. "Are you with the light, or not?" of course, the boy could lie, but...he wasn't sure really what to do.

OOC- now where should I reenter Jadis...
Wolfsong

Postby Ally-Ann » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:25 pm

Ruby had nearly reached the clearing when she heard voices, and she slowed her running to a halt. Squinting, she could see figures just beyond the trees, where her favorite clearing was, and her breath hitched in her throat. Who on earth...? She thought with wonder and panic, not moving an inch. She was about ten yards from the glimmering clearing, and couldn't really tell what the people may have been saying. Biting her lip, Ruby crouched low to the ground so as not to be seen, and inched towards a large tree beside her. Effortlessly, she climbed the tree as if she were a squirrel, her strong, nimble fingers finding branches and stubs to grab unto as her feet pushed her upward. She climbed until she reached a thick, sturdy branch, and she pulled herself onto it, standing on it with her back against the base of the tree for support. She had hoped being that high up would allow her to see the clearing better, but since it was springtime, the leaves were blocking her view more than they had when she was on the ground. Sighing quietly, she shuffled carefully along the branch, arms held slightly outwards for balance, towards the end of the limb. She spotted a branch of similar size on another tree overlapping the one she was currently on, and she smiled slightly. She grabbed onto the other branch with her hands, being careful not to slip off the one she was standing on, before swinging her legs upwards so that they wrapped around the thick limb. She was now hanging upside down-- not unlike a monkey or sloth-- and could feel herself slipping slightly. She quickly maneuvered herself so that she swung right-side-up, and stood on the new branch, heart pumping from excitement as she licked her lips slightly.

She continued the same "grab a branch, climb along it, grab another branch" maneuver until she was just a yard away from the clearing, standing high on a thick branch and concealed by the large leaves. Her brow furrowed as she observed who was standing in the clearing, her fingernails digging into the bark of the tree.

One of them had a sword, and four others were standing a ways away from him, none not looking sure of each other, and Ruby had half a mind to ask who they were. She stayed silent, however, as she continued to observe and pray that they wouldn't notice her.
Ally-Ann

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:49 pm

OOC- btw, Claec's been reading over our shoulders. I offered her a chance to join, so we may have a new member. Hang loose, everyone.

Reveka looked around while Arren and Etho addressed the boy, trying to get a better look at the forest. It was then she saw another person, a girl. She watched, stunned, as this girl climbed into the tree, and then moved from tree to tree till she was almost overhead. She appeared to be watching them.
"Surrounded by strangers," she thought. "Are we really safe here?"
Frightened as she was, she stared right back at the girl in the tree, trying not to seem afraid but not succeeding.

Jadis strolled through town, enjoying the smell of baker's goods. He'd purchased a loaf of good bread earlier, and was munching on it as he left city limits. The forest was ahead, but he didn't enter. Instead, he sat down about halfway across and proceeded to eat his loaf. Oncet that was finished, he fell back against the grass, just staring at the sky.
Peace...he hadn't known that for so long. Not since the darkness had stolen his family away. But now he'd succeeded in striking back against the darkness, freeing Fort Neram. The Archsage, or Grand Sage, or whatever they wanted to call him, had managed to set up a beacon of light which had sent the darkness running, creating a safe patch for them to work from. It was a start, a good one, but he still felt very bitter.
Light, what was wrong with him? He fell asleep on the grass.
Wolfsong

Postby syphon » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:13 pm

"if by the light you mean a good person, id like to think of myself as a one yes" said talos. just then Talos who was sensing another presence began to feel uncomfortable. He felt almost as if this was a trap."perhaps they are trying to ambush me?" He thought. But he also felt that they were of pure heart somehow too. "Are you sure its just you four? There is no one else among you?"

syphon

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:19 pm

OOC: Wait a sec, the dude's 20, why are we calling him 'boy'?

Arren looked at the man, "Are you an idiot? No wait, are you a blind idiot? Can't you see there's only the four of us?" He asked, then he looked down at Reveka, who seemed to be staring intently at something in the forest, "What is it?" He asked her.
Oddood198

Postby Koneko-chan » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:26 pm

OOC: Sorry, I just wanted to re-enter. c:

Callysta raised an eyebrow, then she felt eyes staring at them, she looked at Reveka curiously and followed her gaze. In her sight was a girl, watching from the trees. 'Has she been there all along?' She thought anxiously. She blinked a couple times, looked between the man and the girl, confused.
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

You are forgiven. Always and completely forgiven. - The 11th Doctor
No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Total Grell fangirl. :3 <3
Koneko-chan

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:30 pm

Reveka quietly pointed to the girl up in the tree. She hoped he could do something about it. She was nervous.
Etho nodded. "As my friend so rudely said, its just us," he said. "We don't mean any harm or anything, we're just..." he noticed where Callysta and Reveka were looking, and also looked.

OOC-okay, see you Tuesday, peeps! Good night, and wish me luck, tomorrow's another busy monday.
Wolfsong

Postby syphon » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:33 pm

OOC-lol i was thinking the same thing earlier
"I can very well see that, i just still feel like someone is watching us." "So im guessing im not your only guest here" well we better be on our guard. Talos reaches for his sword and picks it up and prepares for the worst.

OCC-alright bye wolfsong, good luck

syphon

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:47 pm

Arren followed Reveka's gaze and saw what was holding everyone's attention so adamantly. "Saints, you have people in trees here?!" He exclaimed, quite amazed. He didn't know people lived in trees, the world was so bizarre off the mountain.
Oddood198

Postby Ally-Ann » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:01 pm

Ruby cursed to herself as adrenaline pumped through her veins. With a slightly trembling hand, she moved a branch out of the way to reveal herself fully. "Well, uhm... Hi there," she greeted simply. Keeping all of her senses sharp, Ruby jumped from the branch, landing on the grass into a crouch with expert skill before standing, brushing broken bark off her dress and picking a couple twigs and leaves out of her hair. She then looked at everyone as if nothing had happened, but inwardly, she was prepared to fight if necessary. Her eyes scanned everyone, but she kept an indifferent expression. "I didn't scare any of you, did I?" Not waiting for a reply, she added, "By the way, who on earth are all of you, walloping through my sliver of forest?"
Ally-Ann

Postby syphon » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:22 pm

"Your silver of the forest? I didnt know i was trespassing, but i was a little lost and happen to run into them and now you". "Im just relieved you didnt jump out to attack us, you seem really skilled" i'd hate to have to fight her, but i still should be careful as i don know her yet, she could still attack without warning. talos thought cautiously. "Well i suppose i should introduce myself, as i forgot to earlier with all these suprising events" said talos. Although i dont trust them yet, so ill just keep the me being a wanted criminal a secret for now. Thought talos. "Well im just a man who is looking for a purpose in my life, as i also have no home to go to" thats my story. "I envy you having a forest for a home, must have alot of freedom must be nice" said talos somewhat jealos. "So anything i should know about any of you guys"? "You four together sound like youve never seen the outside before."

syphon

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:58 pm

"Aahh..." Etho glanced at the others. "What should we say?" he whispered.
Reveka was looking at the two people, looking at their eyes. There was something in them, pain, hope, and something else. Strangely, she felt she could trust them. With a deep breath, she walked over to the girl, gently took her hands, and smiled up at her. Again, she found herself wishing she could speak. But speech was not hers to have, so she had to make due with what she had.

OOC- surprise post! Lol, have fun guys, just don't leave me in the dust, okay?
Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Wed May 01, 2013 4:34 pm

OOC- um, I didn't mean to stop posting...where'd everybody go?

His sleeping mind journeyed through the space of dreams, drawn to one hanging on the edge of space. he found pure green grass beneath his feet, a cloudless sky overhead. Nearby he could see a cottage, and there was a chicken coop and pen beside it. With a deep churning inside, his dreaming self recognized his home. There was even the tree beside the house, when he used to play with his brother after the chores were done. He took a hesitant step toward the peaceful scene, an dwas surprised to find he was wearing his battle gard, swords and all. Disturbed, he continued toward the cottage, pulling his headband a little more down over his eyes. Upon opening the door, he saw his mother at the table kneeding bread dough, her hair done up out of her face.
" She looked just like that," he remembered suddenly. "Exactly like that, when..."
On sudden impulse, he looked out the door to the setting sun, and his breath caught in his throat. Barely visable against the darkness descending, a shadow was moving toward the house, consuming all it covered. "Not again," he breathed. He whirled around, running to his mother. "Mom! Mom, c'mon! We've got to go!" But she behaved as though he weren't there. He grabbed at her arm, but his hand went right through it. he grimaced. "Not one of those nightmares." Cursing at length, he ran back to the door. It was almost here. A frightened child, his little brother, ran crying to their mother. At his frightened wails she looked out the door. Just then, the darkness descended, more total than any night. And now did the shadows turn monstrous.
Now, he watched with wide, horrified eyes as a wave of shadow rolled over his mother and little brother, burying them in its cold touch. Blood splattered into the air, a good portion of it on him. Something in the air flickered-
A frightened child, his little brother, ran crying to their mother. At his frightened wails, she looked out the door.
"What the heck?!" he gasped, as he realized the dream was repeating. Again, blood splattered on his jacket. Another flicker-
A wave of shadow rolled over his mother and little brother, burying them in its cold touch. Blood splattered into the air. Flicker-
Blood splattered into the air-
Blood-
Blood-
Blood all over his jacket. He was soaked with it. Still it flickered.
"St-stop," he begged, tears rolling down his face. By now he had fallen to his knees, eyes squeezed closed, his hands pressed against his ears. But the blood, he could not get rid of that feeling of its coldness on his skin.
"This could become your last reality," a voice, strong and forceful, whispered to him He did not know its owner, but he did not dare open his eyes. "If you fight against me again, when I find you, I will make you beg for death every last moment of your life. but even death itself shan't be a refuge, for the visions will haunt you forever."
"Monster," he hissed through clenched teeth. He heard a quiet laugh.
"Feel their blood- and remember me."
Something inside forced him to drop his arms to his side, his head fell back, and his eyes opened. He screamed as the furies of the underworld came for him...

He sat bolt upright, gasping, his entire body covered in sweat, heaving and shivering at the same time. Shakily, he rose to his feet, stumbling blindly forward, blind because of his tears. his outstretched hand met the rough bark of a tree, and he realized he had stumbled into the forest.
"Woods...great place to get lost, think your own thoughts," he mumbled. He took a hesitant step, then another. Slowly, his steps became stronger as he determindly strode into the forest. He needed some time to think, to contemplate, to meditate.
Last edited by Wolfsong on Wed May 08, 2013 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfsong

Postby Koneko-chan » Wed May 01, 2013 5:34 pm

OOC: Ah, sorry, Wolfie :C. I forgot to post in here, I just figured I needed to contribute with atleast a bit longer post, but for some odd reason, I haven't able to do that for a while. Maybe since I took a break, it'll be better this time? XD

Callstya glanced back at Etho, biting her lip, unsure. "Um.. I'm not sure.." she let her gaze fall on the man "Well we.. We.." Callysta took a deep breath to calm herself, then looked down to her feet. She whispered to Arren and Etho since Reveka went towards the girl "Should we say we haven't seen the outside?"
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Koneko-chan

Postby syphon » Wed May 01, 2013 6:24 pm

OOC- im not sure :/

As they are whispering along talos thinks for a bit and blurts out "WELL!, you know im just going to assume you four actually are lost." "If you dont mind i wouldnt mind tagging along, not like i have a place to go anyway." "But your call, im just suggesting it".

OOC-Hopefully im not rushing it lol

syphon

Postby Oddood198 » Wed May 01, 2013 6:35 pm

OOC: Syphon, just something I wanna point out, you can use just one set of "these" for a whole quote, you don't have to keep putting them in every sentence. Sorry, I tend to give pointers sometimes to newer people. Hope you don't take offense. :angel:

Arren looked at the man, he had said he didn't have any place to go, and offered to tag along with them. And he was out here in the woods. Alone. With a sword. Not one bit suspicious. Then there was forest girl over there, whom Reveka seemed to have taken a liking to. Arren turned at to look at them, glaring in a very warning manner at the mysterious girl before turning back to the man. "And just what reason, if I may ask, have we to just go along with you? For all we know, you could be some highwayman, or a criminal on the run, or maybe you're just a weird person we'd be better off avoiding." He said, watching the man for a reaction.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Wed May 01, 2013 6:41 pm

OOC- wasn't that a little rude, Arren? Jeez, I'm used to your characters being shy, Od. Talk about a personality change. Lol, don't mind me, I'm just rambling. :lol:

Reveka glared a little at Arren, clearly telling him with her eyes, "You're being rude again, Arren, stop it!"
Etho shrugged. "Arren, I don't see why not..." until Arren mentioned the possibility of him being a criminal. He considered it possible, but yet...there was a sort of innocence to this man's eyes. He doubted it. Oh well, this would work out somehow.
Wolfsong

Postby syphon » Wed May 01, 2013 6:58 pm

OOC-No offense taken, im glad you pointed that out thank you

Like anyone who is a honest person talos sighed and spoke "A criminal huh? Well, no im none of those....but i may be accused of bieng a criminal. Wich i assure you im not really a criminal it really was a mistake. Its kind of a long story, maybe you may hear it at a later time. So i cant really give a reason to trust me other than my word." Talos became silent thinking that maybe there is no reason to follow the group of strangers. He just felt like it was right to atleast ask.

syphon

Postby Koneko-chan » Wed May 01, 2013 7:07 pm

Callysta thought it out for a second, then slowly walked towards Talos, very cautiously, studying him. "...Well.. To be honest, I think he's speaking the truth." She turned her head to look at her friends with a smile "Don't ask me why, but his manner doesn't look of that of a guilty man to me. It's only my opinion, though." Callysta stated while glancing at the others.

Koneko-chan

Postby Oddood198 » Wed May 01, 2013 7:21 pm

OOC: What, you didn't think I could play mean characters? Ha! Just wait till you see me writing a villain!

Arren didn't see Reveka's look, as he had already turned away, but he could feel her glaring at him, and he forced himself not to shudder. He really didn't think it wise in the least for them to ravel with this man whom they had just met and knew nothing about, but Arren could tell he was obviously outnumbered and in no way about to win this. So finally, he sighed and said, "Well, fine. But I'm not for this decision."
Oddood198

Postby syphon » Wed May 01, 2013 7:38 pm

"Well, i dont know what to say. But i thank you all" talos didnt have much to say as he didnt know them at all really. Though because of that he wonders why he is so trusting to them?

syphon

Postby Wolfsong » Thu May 02, 2013 6:18 pm

Reveka smiles, walks over, and takes his hands, smiling kindly. She could feel it, a goodness in this man. She hoped that, whatever it was that troubled him, it would be taken care of soon.

Silently, Jadis wandered aimlessly through the trees, his eyes blank, focused on his thoughts. Yet he somehow managed avoiding running into any trees.
"I will make this your reality."
Well, having the Dark would be an even scarier reality. Servent or slave, it would be living heck. So fighting was still the better choice. Then something occured to him. A voice of the Dark had come to threaten him personally." Was it afraid of him then? Now there was an idea. But who was he that it woulod fear him, an orphan, scarred and emotionally half-dead?...who was the first in ages to manage forcing the Darkness away. That certainly made him unique. It said only the Guardians - those strongest in the Light - could do such things.
"Food for thought," he decided. "But by the time I digest it, I'll probably be dead." He chuckled, then stopped dead as he heard voices. All senses returned with a snap and he crouched instinctivelhy low to the ground. Creeping along on his stomach, he neared the voices and soon could see the people.
There were six people, a man standing to the side, and a woman to another. Banded together was a group of three kids, teens almost adults, but there was such childish innocence to their faces that he instinctively thought of them as kids. There was another girl, who carried the same innocence so he asumed she was with the band, was holding the man's hands. Listening in on the conversation made it seem even stranger.
"Who are these people? he thought. Conscious that he was wearing black and grey in a sea of green, with golden hair to boot, he hoped the shadows were strong and deep enough to cover him, and that their attention was centered on each other.
Wolfsong

Postby Ally-Ann » Fri May 03, 2013 7:07 am

Ruby quirked an eyebrow slightly when the one girl took her hands and smiled at her, but the redhead couldn't help but smile back. The girl then went over to another man and did the same. Ruby watched, leaning back on the tree she had jumped from, as conversation went back and forth between the unfamiliar people. "You all seem like good people," Ruby started simply, scanning the group once more. "And if you're really lost, there's a town nearby." She pointed to the west, where the thick woods lie. "If you keep going straight that way, you'll hit fields after 15 minutes of walking, and if you travel down the road north, you'll hit the town within three miles," she informed. "I know this area like the back of my hand."
Ally-Ann

Postby syphon » Sat May 04, 2013 8:22 pm

Talos feeling more hopefull than ever smiled. "Alright well im with you guys, so were you all planning on going to? A town may be a good place to visit in my opinion. But whatever you guy want to go ill follow"

syphon

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying