A New Dawn

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Re: A New Dawn

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:59 pm

Arren's eyes widened at this unexpected revelation, "And you kept it to yourself this whole time? We could have slipped out while the old fart was asleep!" He exclaimed, using the slightly less respectful name he used for Great Sage Neoman slip out. "We should start getting ready and leave as soon as the others are up." He ruffled his sister's hair, standing up and taking her to the door, "Ah, I should have known you'd find us a way out, that's my girl!" He said proudly, as if he somehow influenced the discovery.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:03 pm

Name: Ethinine Etheral (Etho for short)
Appearance: Like his fater, his hair changed to a pure silver prematurely. He prefers to slick it back, but it is unruly and prefers to drift into his face. His eyes are a pale green, thoughtful, but often they seem almost empty. He wears a light grey long-sleeved shirt and dark grey slacks. Over this, he wears a bright cerulean roge with long sleeves and ends that touch the ground. He wears a silver belt, and deep blue sandals to match the robe. A ruby choker encircles his neck.
Personality: Withdrawn and keeps to himself. most people believe him proud and haughty, but the truth is, he's rather shy. People make him extremely nervous so that he stammers and is awkward, so he prefers his own company. He's comfortable around Reveka, Callysta, Grand Sage Neomen, and Arren, though Arren often makes him feel unusually angry due to Arren's gotta-be-at-the-top attitude. Rather weak and faint-hearted, due to an illness in his infancy, which almost killed him.
Other: he has a secret crush on Callysta (yes, lame, but I felt like it!)
Power: Elemental control is his gift, but his true strength is anything connected to fire or water. However, he has recently begun trying to learn to control light and dark, though he is not yet successful.

There we go. Say, Callysta can control shadows, Arren and Reveka work with light, and Ethinine is elemental. I'd say we're covered! :lol:
Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:14 pm

OOC- lol, 'old fart'. now I see my dad.

Reveka laughed, writing a last note that read - "You never asked!" and shoved it into his hand while she bolted out of the room, closing the door behind her. She hurried to her room and began packing her few things, which included a change of clothes, her pad and pencil, and a book her mother had written- The Dreams of Light. It was sort of a fairy tale story her mother had written especially for her and Arren. It was rather youngish, but she loved it and clung to it, as her last piece of her mother to cling to.
These she stuffed into her bag, and carefully held it up, weighing it. It was small, at least, so she'd be able to carry it all easily.

Ethinine, or Etho as he also called himself, sat up slowly, stretching to try to remove the kinks in his shoulders and back. He had nothing against Grand Sage Neomen, nothing at all, but these old beds needed replacing. Seriously, soon. He fell back against the bed, wincing as a loose wire poked his neck, and tried to roll away from it. Instead, he rolled off the bed, landing with a thud on the stone floor.
Grimacing, rubbing a sore spot on his head now, he looked out his window. The sun was rising, that much could be seen. Its reflected image on the lake danced as the water moved serenely around. Beyond that though, if he looked close and hard enough, he could see the first shadows of the surrounding darkness. It didn't seem like much, just a terrible mist, clouds, shadows that covered the earth...okay, it did seem like a lot. It was downright terrifying. Shivering, startled at how cold it suddenly seemed, he jerked his robe over his other clothes, grabbed his latest book, Fundementals of Light, and left the room, headed for the small dining room just down the corridor. The Grand Sage would probably not be up yet, whether Reveka or Arren would be was up to chance, same with Callysta. Though he wasn't really sure when she actually woke up anyway. When he woke, he went straight to the library for a few hours. The others might be spending time in their rooms beforehand. He didn't know, and wasn't entirely sure he cared. That was their time, to spend as they wanted, why should he stick his nose into it? Breakfast called, however, according to his grumbling stomach, so he'd go rustle up enough scrambled eggs for everyone, maybe season it with some of those herbs Reveka was cultivating, and then move on.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:21 pm

OOC: Did ya have to say that? Now I see mine. But with a big 'ol white beard.

Arren also quickly set about preparing, first changing out of his nightclothes and into his everyday wear, which he found to look and feel quite a bit better. He hurriedly packed another set of clothes, the meager few coins he had managed to snatch from where they had evidently fallen on the floor and...well, that was it, really. Arren didn't have a lot of things, things were hard to come by up in the mountains, and the few things he could find, were not things he didn't think he would ever like to add to any future collection of things. Finishing his preparations by putting his ornate sword through his belt, he stepped out of his room, not bringing his bag with him just yet. Better see what the others are up to. He thought.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:37 pm

OOC- LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Reveka stepped out at the same time Arren did. She smiled at him and ran to him, grabbing his arm. She smiled up at him, then made a gesture of rubbing her stomach and putting food in her mouth, as a scent from the kitchen drifted into her nostrols. She smelled food, good food, and she was certainly hungry.

Ethinine quietly finished up, sprinking some springs of seasoning on the top, then carried it to the simple wooden table. He used a wooden spoon to dump most of it into a wooden bowl. (are you catching the pattern here?) He served himself a small portion on a wooden plate, and began eating it with a wooden spoon. (I'll stop now, honest.)
He liked the place, he really did, but he was tired of the same, hundrum, boring things. He wanted something different to happen. "Who knows," he mumbled between mouthfuls. "Maybe today will be different." Except he said that everyday. Heck.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:42 pm

OOC: You too, I assume?

Arren returned his twin's smile, then nodded as he saw her gestures and also caught wind of the scent. "Yes, I think breakfast is a good way to begin the day. Let's just try and avoid splinters." He said, leading the way to the kitchen, where he saw Ethinine already eating. "Ah, look who knew I was coming!" He said, by way of greeting, or at least in his mind.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:11 pm

OOC- no, just happy at passing along similar thoughts, bringing laughter and joy wherever I go! :lol:

Ethinine grimaced, swallowed heavily, and stood. "Well, I was just leaving," he said quietly. "Enjoy yourself. Good morning Reveka...Reveka?" she had bolted from Arren and grabbed Ethinine's arm, pulling urgently on him. He looked at her, startled, as she dragged him back to the table and forced him back into the chair, before sitting down in a different one. "What's up?" he asked, noting something in their faces.
Wolfsong

Postby Koneko-chan » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:15 pm

Callysta stirred and sat up, rubbing her eyes. She looked around sighing, Callysta changed out of her pajamas and got dressed in her usual attire. She stared at a clock in her bedroom. "Gosh! What?!" her eyes opened in realization that she slept in. Callysta sprinted toward the kitchen, she stopped in the doorway, panting slightly "Sorry.. I'm late!" She saw Etho, Reveka, and Arren. She gave them an apologetic smile and sat down.

OOC: Shortness! Wolf, I literally aww'd at the the crush thing XD
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

You are forgiven. Always and completely forgiven. - The 11th Doctor
No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Total Grell fangirl. :3 <3
Koneko-chan

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:23 pm

OOC: Yeah. Laughter and joy. That's it.

Arren smiled in his usual cocky manner as he set about dishing up some eggs for Reveka and himself. "It's your lucky day, Etha. My amazing sister has managed to find us a way out of here, and off the mountain as a whole." He stated as he walked over to the others, and set down the wodden woodity wood plates he was carrying down on the table, pushing one to Reveka. He took a bite of the eggs, "Pack up your things and get ready quick-like, we'll be off before Sage Neoman is even awake. And tell Callysta the same thing, if you see her."
Just then, who would rush into the kitchen but Callysta herself? "Speak of the devil.." Arren muttered. "Hey, we're getting outta here first thing after breakfast. Get ready and meet us in front of my room, soon as ya can." He said.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:27 pm

OOC- perfectly alright. And I assume you're okay with the crush?

Ethinine sat bolt upright. A way out?!?!
"Are you sure?" he demanded. Then Callysta entered, and his attention was totally caught. He smiled at her, saying, "Good morning" as she came forward. he couldn't get out any more than that, however; he was tongue-tied. He loved this girl, loved her more than anything else in the whole world. But...she didn't seem to realize. So he was forced to suffer in silence, as he was too scared to come right out and say, "I love you".
Reveka, smiling, nodded her greeting to Callysta. She found herself moving back to Arren, sitting as close as she could to him. He was so protective, and she felt so safe with him near. Despite her actually being the elder, he was the protective arm, the loving brother, and she loved him almost as much as he doted on her.
Wolfsong

Postby Koneko-chan » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:41 pm

OOC: Yeah, I'm okay with it. It's cute. :3

Callysta returned his smile sweetly, then she gave a wave and smile to Reveka in response and she looked at Arren for a second, obviously surprised "Out?". She grinned, not affected at the moment by Arren's grumble before that. She got up, served herself some food, brought the wooden plate to the table, and ate eagerly.

OOC: I'll try to make them longer after this.
Last edited by Koneko-chan on Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Koneko-chan

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:46 pm

Arren nodded, patting Reveka's arm as she sat next to him, "Yes, out. And I'd better hear some very heartfelt thanks to Reveka for discovering it." He said, then went back to eating. He was also excited about getting out, but he was determined to keep his cool in front of the others. He wondered if they had food to eat down there other than eggs and bread.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:51 pm

Reveka was struggling not to rush through her breakfast. To finally get out and see what the outside was like...this would be so wonderful!
Ethinine, already finished, stood. "I'll go pack then," he said to Arren. "I'll be waiting in your room." and he left to get his few things. Sure, it was just the odd coin, some clothes and a few books, but they were the necessities of his life. he was looking forward to this break from humdrum. For once, he had been right. Go figure.

OOC- okay, I swear, this is my last post. Good night, everyone. See you day after tomorrow :hug:
Wolfsong

Postby Koneko-chan » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:07 pm

After Callysta was done she shot up from her chair with excitement, snatching her plate and placing it back on the counter "See you two there!" She sprinted back to her room to get some stuff, her usual. She grabbed an extra pair of clothes, her jacket, a pocketwatch she liked. She grabbed a couple smaller things, shoved them in a bag, and ran out. Callysta walked toward Arren's door and sat with her back to the wall, knees to her chest, trying to contain her glee.

OOC:Okay~! See you then, Wolfie! :D *Glomp*

Koneko-chan

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:55 pm

Reveka smiled up at Arren, waiting for him to finish eating. She couldn't wait to go.

Ethinine entered Arren's room, and saw Callysta. Deciding to not try to engage in conversation, as he would start stammering probably, he just leaned against the wall and waited.
Wolfsong

Postby Koneko-chan » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:49 pm

She turned her gaze at Ethinine, "This is so exciting, Etho! I can barely contain myself!" Callysta beamed. She rested her chin on her knees, thinking about the outside. Then she suddenly brightened again "What do you think?" Callysta inquired.

Koneko-chan

Postby Oddood198 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:54 pm

Arren looked down into Reveka's smiling face, noting her excited eyes and thinking she was probably more than a little impatient. With a sigh, Arren picked up his bowl, shoveled the rest of the eggs into his mouth, and was finished in seconds. Setting the bowl back down, he stood up from the table. "All right then, let's go." He said to Reveka, then started walking back toward his room, where the others were probably waiting by now.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:16 pm

Reveka made a motion toward the door to her room and entered it quickly, grabbing her stuff, then running back out. She smiled up at Arren, then wrote on her little pad with the pencil-
"I'm a little nervous, actually. What do you suppose the Grand Sage will do when he finds us gone?" Her other, private thought, was: "I wonder how mad he'll be at us."

Etho glanced in surprise at her, then muttered, "Um, well, I s-s-suppose it'll be-" the entrance of Arren and Reveka saved him. He instantly shifted topics. "So what are we doing?"

"Just stay relaxed. If you grow tense, your limgs will not move as well, leaving all movement jerky, awkward, and vulnerable. Rather, stay relaxed, focus simply on your target, and let the force flow through you into the sword. The result will be what you want."
Nigal's words, back when he was instructing Jadis in the use of a sword, were repeating in Jadis' mind as he hacked and slashed his way towards the tower. he was fairly close now, just a couple more hallways. So many shadows...
"The important thing is to not cut your own head off. You already know how to use the sword inside, we just have to get it in outside."
A creature like a goat came charging at him He side-stepped and lopped its head off. "I've decided I hate you," he told the next creature roaring at him.
"Regular swordsmanship is a breeze, its formal fencing that's a problem. Don't worry about trying to learn it, we're not trying to be birds here. We're just regular men fighting to survive."
He passed the last set of doors, whirled around, and slammed them shut. He shoved various pieces of available furnature against it, then collapsed, pressing his face and sweaty palms against the floor. "Thanks Nigal," he muttered. "Yuo can shut up now."
"Don't smartmouth me, apprenctence, or I'll knock you across the room some more."
Chuckling at the memory and its timing, he found his laughter building. Light, he'd survived! Against all odds, he was alive!"
"I did it!" he shouted gleefully at the rug. "I made it! I survived!"
"It was rather impressive, but did it ever occur to you to see who was sharing the room with you?"
Jadis slowly raised his head, staring leavelly at the door. He rose to his feet, stating, "Agreed. It was clumsy of me." he turned.
Standing on the side of the room, next to an open window, was a man dressed entirely in white. At least, that was the impression the robe first gave, but Jadis noted a dark blue tunic and trousers under it. The red-haired man was staring at Jadis through narrow, calculating eyes. Jadis, studying him with equal interest, noted a slight buldge under the robe that could have been a sword. What type, he could only guess. "So who in blazes are you?" he demanded.
"Lets just say your next opponent," was the stranger's reply. He undid the clasp of the robe, letting it fall to the ground. His body was thin and supple, clearly visible as, with a graceful movement, he drew a slim rapier and cast its sheath away. He shifted into a fencing posture as he moved forward. Jadis drew his swords, thinking.
"Okay, Nigal, don't stop talking. What's that you taught me about bird's fencing?"
"They prefer those smaller cuts, such as to the wrist or thigh. At first, these wounds seem like nothing...until you realize too late how much blood you've lost. its a cruel sport, one much more suited to the Dark. Formal duels are stupid, Jadis. Don't ever let me catch you trying to learn it."
Thinking on this, he charged the man, shouting, "Then lets see what you've got!"
Wolfsong

Postby Koneko-chan » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:21 pm

OOC: Do you think Oddood will be on today? o:

Koneko-chan

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:22 pm

OOC- well, he was on earlier, but he left. I dunno.
Wolfsong

Postby Koneko-chan » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:43 pm

OOC: I'm sure he'll be on soon.. Or she.. (I'm really confused! DX )

Callysta turned her head to see Arren and Reveka "Hey guys. Yeah, what's the plan?"

OOC: Sorry for the super shortness.. I like, have no excuse except for I have no inspiration at the moment. >~<

Koneko-chan

Postby Oddood198 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:57 pm

OOC: The he/she thing... Don't even get me started on that...

Arren grinned when he saw what Reveka had written, "Well," He said, "I would imagine he's going to go ballistic when he finds we're gone, then he'll go into a frenzy to search the mountain." He paused for a moment, "And then, I imagine he'll turn all shades of red when we come back and laugh at how much of a mess he's turned the place into."
He opened the door to his room and walked in. "Well, the first thing on our list is going to be following Reveka to the exit she found. After that, I'll figure out what to do depending on where we end up." He picked up his bag, "All right then, any more questions?"
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:47 pm

OOC- lol

Reveka wrote a quick note: "Do be careful and quiet, its by the Grand Sage's room" before leading them out. She walked down the corridor, and up the stone stairs hewn from the mountain itself. Up ahead was the Sage's room, and their means of escape.
Tiptoeing past the closed door to his room, she lead them down further and further, until finally pointing torward their desitation. Hidden in the shadows was a door, one just large enough for them to fit through. Ducking down, Reveka led them in, smiling back for encouragement.

Jadis fought hard against his opponent, marveling at his speed. None of the small cuts he'd received were bleeding, but he knew it was just a matter of time until this man got a good strike. He himself had delivered some good blows, now he just needed to-
As the man raised his arm for a different strike, Jadis saw his opening and barely made it. He stabbed under the arm and ducked into the man, stabbing through his side and knocking them both to the floor. He quickly climbed off and saw the shock on the man's face as he ran him through. The man screamed once, then disintegrated, and his dust was scattered by the wind.
"Thus do all who serve the dark die," Jadis delcared poettically. Then the situation hit him, and he laughed again. "Light, I am alive!"
"Jadis? Jadis!" he heard the muffled shouts behind the door. "Its us, Nigal's forces-and the Archsage. Open the door."
Jadis knew Mattemeo's voice anywhere. He grinned. "Okay, just give me a minute. There's a lot of stuff."
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:26 pm

Arren followed directly behind Reveka, steppping as softly as he could, and holding his sword still so it wouldn't make noise. He mirrored Reveka's smile as she turned around, but inside he was very much hoping first whatever was behind the door had at least been cleaned recently, and secondly that he didn't have a hunch by the time they made it out.
Still, I suppose off the mountain with a hunch is still off the mountain. He thought.
Oddood198

Postby syphon » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:40 pm

Ooc-sorry im late, atleast im not too late it seems though lol.

Talos who was sleeping by a tree in a forest was awoken by the shimmering sunrise. he opened his eyes and groaned. "Another day i have to figure out what to do next, i cant keep wandering aimlessly like i have no purpose here i need to think of a plan" He thought. Talos with nothing but his clothes and sword that was handed down to him recently ran from his previous home because of false accusations of murder. "I suppose i could find a place to sell my sword, i dont need it anyway there hasnt been and probably will never be a war that id have to fight in as its peaceful here." he mumbled to himself. "may be worth enough to buy me more time to survive.......no i cant it was my grandpa's treasured weapon and the only thing i have from my family, i should just hold out a bit longer." "Maybe with some luck ill find another town or whatever with someone who will help me, then i can find my purpose and start anew". " I just have to keep quite and hide the fact that im a wanted criminal.....wich will be a burden that i can only hope wont ruin my life as i have no evidence to prove my innocence to them" "I just cant believe they think i killed him in the first place, dont they know me?" "Id never do such a thing!" Talos angerly thought to himself "Alright enough rambling to myself i can do this!" Talos with a slight raise in motivation and smile on his face got up and searched around the forest cautiously in hopes to find a town or someone who can help him that doesnt know of him and his burden.

Ooc-ok not as cool as everyone else's introductions but i suppose it works i hope. XD

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.-1 john 4:7
syphon

Postby Koneko-chan » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:23 am

OOC: Great job, Syphon! :D

Koneko-chan

Postby Ally-Ann » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:34 pm

Ruby had long run back into her aunt's house, deciding that it would be better for her to be wearing real clothes rather than just her nightgown and a shawl. She now stood in her room, pulling on her black leggings, dress, and shoes. Running to her desk and mirror, she grabbed a wide-toothed comb and ran it quickly but gently through her long, curly locks. She gazed at herself in the mirror, her eyes wandering over her frame and face, before shrugging and bolting out of her bedroom door. She ran down the hall, ignoring the smell of a delicious breakfast that wafted through the entire house.

"Ruby! Aren't you going to have any breakfast?" She heard her aunt call. The girl shook her head as she swung the front door open, which was situated right beside the kitchen. She turned her head, glancing at her aunt with a face filled with excitement and mirth.

"Not this morning! I'm going into the forest," she replied hurriedly, stepping out the door. "Bye!"

"Wait, Ruby! Don't catch a cold--!"

But the teen had already bolted out the door, running through the endless acres that her aunt and uncle owned as the wind blew against her and tousled her red hair. She had always loved running. It gave her such a sense of freedom that it was hard for her to contain the wild-child inside of her. She remembered when she was little, how she used to run outside all day with her brother, laughing and enjoying a simple game of "tag". Of course, that was when she lived in town when her parents were still walking the earth, and so there wasn't an abundance of space to run; before the invasion, it was a bustling and tightly packed town, with little space in between small houses. Now, much of it was ruins, including Ruby's house, and not many people lived there anymore. it was more like a small village, with hardly any kids running through the streets any longer. The memories flooded Ruby's mind, but she quickly pushed them away as she ran through the first line of trees into the forest.

Her feet carried her quickly through the thick woods, the dead leaves on the ground crunching loudly as she nimbly jumped over medium-sized logs and branches, running towards her favorite spot. The leaves on the oak and spruce trees had certainly come back for spring, and some of the smaller trees had blossoms blooming on them; some of the flowers were even falling from the branches. Ruby slowed her running as she began to push branches out of her way while stepping over fallen ones, and she was so deep in the forest that there was not much sunlight shining through the trees. She squinted her grass-green eyes, searching for the patch of light in the distance that signaled her favorite area of the forest. Her sights rested on a slight sliver of light that was glimmering in the distance, and she grinned, taking off through the thick woods once more. Her footsteps were, quite predictably, noisy, as the dead leaves' crunching and rustling began once more beneath her feet, and her eyes twinkled with excitement. It was warm enough to climb the biggest tree in the forest once more.
Ally-Ann

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:47 am

OOC- you did fine, Syphon, welcome aboard.

The darkness of the cave was rather frigthening, and it seemed to grow darker the deeper they went. Reveka, however, using the gifts of light inherited from her mother, emitted a soft glow as they went in, so they at least did not crash into walls and such. Eventually, however, she saw a different light ahead.
Eyes widening in hope, she let her glow die, and ran for the light. Yes...Yes, it was sunlight! And there was green-so much of it!
With an emotion just next to awe, she stepped from the hard rocks, and onto the soft grass, which whispered under her feet. All around them stood huge, majestic trees that reached for the sky. Under these trees were bushes, flowers, and on some of these were varied fruits and nuts. It was a beautiful place, particularly for one who has lived all their life in a cave above the world. To see it all up close...was like a dream.
She fell to her knees, just staring up at them, eyes so wide they could have popped out of her head.

Jadis grinned at Mattemeo over the table. "Why the long face?" he drawled, tossing the jug to him. The boy caught it and looked at it like it was something poisonous. Nigal shook his head.
"What a boy."
Jadis grinned. "aye sir. We really should teach him to appreciate it."
Nigal, his black bangs drifting again into his eyes, stood and left, saying, "I'll let you have some words with him then."
Jadis waited a moment, then nodded at Mattemeo. "Go ahead and dump it," he said quietly. "Its no good."
Matt, grimacing, poured the whole thing down the drain. "I hate the medicene Lily always makes," he complained. "I swear, she takes all the worse herbs she can find, and throws them in there just to torment us."
Jadis walked over, gingerly pushing the boy's sleeve up his arm, revealing the ugly cut on the elbow. "He was lucky it just missed the tendons, or he'd never use that arm again." was what Lily had said. She was right too. He pulled a small vial from his pocket and gave it to Mattemeo.
"Drink this instead. You'll like it better."
The boy stared at it cautiously, looked at Jadis, then noded and drank it with one gulp. He blinked, eyes slowly going hazy, then he collapsed on the bed, fast asleep. Jadis smiled faintly, stood quietly, and left the room. Nigal was waiting for him outside, and eyebrow raised. Jadis smiled innocently at him. Nigal grunted. "You spoil the boy."
"I've never seen you offer to accept Lily's concoctions."
He grunted, and didn't answer. They walked in silence a while. Then he said, "You did well, Jadis. What will you do now?"
Jadis shrugged. "Go into town and avoid the ceremony King Good-For-Nothing has planned. Last thing I want..."
"You do realize you'll offend that way?"
"Tell him I'm sick. Rumors say you cant' stay long in the dark without it effecting you mentally anyway. Just tell him the docs said I needed some fresh air."
Nigal shook his head, sighing. "You're going to make an enemy of him yet, with all the slighting you've done."
"He's done nothing to earn my respect and loyalty."
"Is that truly a reason to make an enemy of him? Like it or not, he is our king."
"Go to heck," he muttered, and sprinted down the hall, headed for outside. Nigal watched him go, shaking his head.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:31 pm

Arren walked out of the cave just after Reveka, and he, too, was nearly overcome with awe at the sight before him. The lush green grass, the towering trees, with limbs reaching so high they looked like they were trying to tear down the sky. He heard unseen birds singing their sweet songs in the air, and a warm breeze blew through the area.
He walked to where Reveka had fallen to her knees, her eyes the size of saucers, and placed his hand on her shoulder. "What do you think?" He asked, "Is it as amazing as you had envisioned?"
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:16 pm

She smiled at him. "No," she thought. "Its better." Then she heard a sound and whirled around. Coming toward them was a boy, holding a sword. He hadn't seen them yet. But she wasn't sure what to do at all, and clung to Arren's arm.
Wolfsong

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying