Ever cryed over a manga (or anime)?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby love2cookpie » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:29 pm

Manga=cry:
Naruto-a number of chapters after the time skip. A good number of them.
Fullmetal Alchemist- cry cry cry.....
Fruits Basket- triple cry
A short one volume title I cannot remember the name of, but it was done by the same mangaka that wrote "Whispers of the Heart" that Miyazaki's movie was made after.

Anime= cry
Naruto: shippuden
Fullmetal alchemist:Brotherhood
Fruits basket
Clannad After Story-major major cry
Millennium Actress
Summer Wars- happy tears
Trigun
"We do not have a soul, we are a soul, we have a body"- C.S. Lewis
love2cookpie

Location: The Mitten (edge of left side, below the pinky, half an inch above the wrist)

Postby Atria35 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:18 pm

love2cookpie (post: 1544061) wrote:Millennium Actress

You have seen this I am so happy! :dance::dance: More people need to watch this film NAO.
Atria35

Postby eightluvver888 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:24 pm

Wow... I have never once cried because of any anime or manga. Media has a hard time making me that emotional, and the only thing I remember making me cry was The Boy in the Striped Pajamas.

At the end of Wolf's Rain I was simply thrown into a state of despair that worsened as the last part went on.

Momiji's story from Fruits Basket made me really sad, too.
[SIZE="3"][/SIZE][font="Garamond"]Oh no, he's already fallen off one building today!
[SIZE="1"]MAL[/SIZE][/font]
eightluvver888

Postby love2cookpie » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:09 pm

Atria35 (post: 1544128) wrote:You have seen this I am so happy! :dance::dance: More people need to watch this film NAO.

It is one of my favorites. I agree, more people must watch.
"We do not have a soul, we are a soul, we have a body"- C.S. Lewis
love2cookpie

Location: The Mitten (edge of left side, below the pinky, half an inch above the wrist)

Postby SierraLea » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:32 am

I just finished FMA last night. The last episode did have me crying, until we found out about Ed.
SierraLea

Re: Ever cryed over a manga (or anime)?

Postby Eternal_Saber » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:44 pm

Clannad. Nuff said.
Eternal_Saber

Postby SierraLea » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:38 pm

I actually cried over the last episode of Angel Beats. Nothing else made me cry, though. I guess it made me think since I'm a blood donor.
SierraLea

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:10 pm

Yes. Lots of times, in Anime. As this is in the manga section, I focus on that.

One manga really made me cry, though: Bitter Virgin. I don't read a lot of manga, so I don't have much of a chance to cry in Manga. the SPOILER: Highlight text to read: "deaths" of Hinata and Kakashi made me tear up, though. I probably would have cried in Elfen Lied if my emotions hadn't been shut off by the sheer amount of horribleness going on...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Meira » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:09 am

im quite emotional so i get teary eyed easily. animes that made me cry are:

Air: lots and lots of tears, watched twice and still cried.
Clannad After Story: needed tissue box
Code Geass: at several parts
Inuyasha: there are some episodes that made me cry especially episode one of the final act T.T

mangas:
Fruits Basket: so emotinal especially toward the end
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle: (later in the series it gets intense!)

these are the only ones i can think of right now, im sure there are others but these are the main ones.
"There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world, there is only the inevitable."
- Yuko Ichihara

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
Meira

Postby Makachop^^128 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:46 pm

I cried watching Honey and clover and Usagi drop and cowboy bebop haha
Makachop^^128

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:12 pm

I cried a couple times in Fairy Tail (anime), but I think the music was messing up my emotions, because I only ever cried during the sad version of the main theme. Though I don't know if you'd call it crying, I just kind of teared up. Other than that...not that I can think of. It seems like every anime I've ever watched has sought out my favorite character, however obscure he/she may be SPOILER: Highlight text to read: (Kally from Tower of Druaga, for example), and killed them. But that just makes me mad, not really crying sad. Air was pretty emotional, but I was too confused to cry. I guess I shouldn't complain, because Air didn't kill my favorite character, SPOILER: Highlight text to read: it just turned him into a crow.
I'm not a big manga reader, but the closest I ever came to crying for manga would be Tsubasa. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Poor Fai has to deal with SO MUCH
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:29 pm

So guys.

There is this movie called Wolf Children. It is directed by a man that has made a couple titles that have been mentioned many times in this thread, including by myself.

It's number four.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby goldenspines » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:08 pm

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs wrote:So guys.

There is this movie called Wolf Children. It is directed by a man that has made a couple titles that have been mentioned many times in this thread, including by myself.

It's number four.
Oh sorry, I watched that last night, I should have warned you. ;o;
goldenspines

Postby Hikaru » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:46 pm

I bawled my eyes out at the end of romeo x juliet, and I had a hard time not crying while reading pandora hearts...a lot of stories make me cry ^_^;
Hikaru

Postby Schokolade » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:51 pm

I've bawled several times thanks to Naruto. Mainly the Land of Waves and Sasuke Retrieval arc... and much of the later arcs with Itachi and Sasuke in Shippuden (oh the ugly tears.) I think Elfen Lied also got to me.
Schokolade

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:11 pm

Has an anime or manga ever made me cry?

Well for anime...

Vampire Knight
Fruits Basket
Princess Tutu
[C]-Control
FMA
FMA Brotherhood
Clannad and Clannad After Story (man, I bawled)
Air TV (man, I bawled again)
Ano Hana (same as above)
The Eccentric Family
Kids on the Slope
Sword Art Online
Coppelion
Beyond the Boundary
Summer Wars
Wolf Children
5 CM Per Second (only when the end credits started rolling)
Physic School Wars (even though I was confused out of my mind)
And yeah well, most anime makes me cry at some point.

Manga

Vampire Knight
Fruits Basket (cried WAY too much)
And I might have teared up a bit reading the end of Ouran

I've noticed that I never cried very easily over any fictional story until I started watching anime. Now I cry over everything.
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby Hikaru » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:19 am

Oh yeah...I forgot about SAO. That made me cry too. I also think I may have cried watching kimi ni todoke...
Hikaru

Postby Kilvakar » Sat May 24, 2014 12:58 pm

Well, for some reason manga just doesn't seem to have quite the same level of emotional impact that anime does, but I will say that I had tears of sadness during certain parts of FMA: Brotherhood but more often than not I find myself tearing up at the awesomeness that regularly occurs in Fairy Tail.
Image Image
"Comrade isn't simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It's the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, fell free to lean on me...And I, too, will lean on you as well."---Mavis Vermillion, First Master of Fairy Tail

"There are people in this world who enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bear solitude."---Makarov Dreyar, Third Master of Fairy Tail
Kilvakar

Postby MangaRocks! » Sat May 24, 2014 4:54 pm

Kilvakar wrote:Well, for some reason manga just doesn't seem to have quite the same level of emotional impact that anime does...

Apparently you haven't read Pandora Hearts. :grin:

(Which, BTW, has indeed made me cry. Hard. But I can't help loving it to bits even still-- it's just so good!)
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby Lynna » Sun May 25, 2014 7:16 am

...Can I just say how in awe I am that I made this thread three years ago and people are still commenting on it?
Lynna

Postby Rose Faerie » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:42 pm

I very rarely cry while consuming media, I've noticed. Character deaths either don't phase me, or I just feel sad and quietly process that the character is dead. I've noticed that it's a particular type of scene that makes me want to cry.

-Kageki Shojo!! genuinely made me cry during the story about one of the girls having an eating disorder. I guess it made me emotional and felt strongly relatable to me, since I know a lot of young girls and women including myself struggle or have struggled with body image issues. I just really felt for her and her pain.

-Horimiya made me almost cry. The scene where you see what things would have been like if the characters had never become friends was just so sad to me. They never touched each other's lives or helped each other grow, and it felt like none of them were truly happy. I also got emotional SPOILER: Highlight text to read: when Sakura talks to the student council president after her unsuccessful confession to Toru. She just breaks down. It was so sad, and SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I didn't help that I shipped her with Toru. I really related to her and her emotions.

-Natsume's Book of Friends makes me emotional with Natsume's childhood flashbacks. He's such a good kid, and yet he suffered so much. It makes me sad because he doesn't deserve all that pain.

-I also almost happy cried at the end of Princess Mononoke.

But yeah, I think Kageki Shojo!! has been the only one to actually make me shed a tear.
Rose Faerie

Previous

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews