Anime club!

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Anime club!

Postby AliceLink96 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:03 pm

Hey guys!!:)
I'm starting an Anime club at my school next year, and I need some ideas on what to do...any ideas?
AliceLink96

Postby Broly Ultimatrix » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:13 pm

Well all my friends were staff a an anime and gaming club as my old highschool so i got to see how they did it. They had two tv's set up one was on one side of the room and someone diffrent brought a gaming system each tme we got together and we watched ruroni (I know i misspelled it to lazy to check spelling) kenshin first part of club and some random one the second maintaining series and trying new stuff. was very fun and some poeple would just sit in the middle of the room and draw while they watched the gameres or the anime. First thing i would do is see what types of anime people who joined the clud would like to do that way people don't feel like their being neglected from watching there preference and for all you know they might all be into the same general genre. Also giving people something to do while the anime is playing and giving the club for deapth/purpose might help as well. Just my two bits from when i was in anime and gaming club and having started a go club myself (you know the board game)
/summon Alucard on those who need a hug
shinpaku alliance: Metolosophy, Ace33Wing, Diamond Dragon, Ally-Ann and Broly Ultimatrix
http://www.bronyland.com/pony-personality-test/?q=NDg2MHw1MTgwMzM
Broly Ultimatrix

Postby AliceLink96 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:28 pm

Okay! Oh yh when you say depth/purpose what does that mean? :o
AliceLink96

Postby airichan623 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:18 pm

First I wish you luck. A set up I suggest is this- at meetings, you watch one series continuously each meeting, and do one episode of a random show to give people tastes of new stuff.

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby Atria35 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:52 pm

AliceLink96 (post: 1592387) wrote:Okay! Oh yh when you say depth/purpose what does that mean? :o

From the context, what he meant was being more than a place where people just watch anime]First I wish you luck. A set up I suggest is this- at meetings, you watch one series continuously each meeting, and do one episode of a random show to give people tastes of new stuff.[/QUOTE] This is tricky - it has the potential to have members that don't want to watch that continuous series to leave. And looking at the age of the poster, she's in college, and that means that people will be cycling in and out every semester... so those who want to watch one show one semester might not be there the other. It might be better to just go with two or three episodes of a different show each time and change it up every week.
Atria35

Postby ashfire » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:54 pm

The anime club I got involved with was at a community college.It was open to students there but was also open to anyone interested in anime.
The one advantage we had was the buildings at the college had over head projecters for showing the anime and we even used it to play video games during breaks.
Only time we would use TVs was if we couldn't use a room with a over head projecter.
As a club we would have field trips for movies at theaters and anime cons.
Some members of the club would do skits on stage at the cons in costume.
One thing about anime. Would you show dubbed or subtitled? One thing about subtitle if you don't understand Japanese you have to watch the anime to understand what is going on and could lead some to want to learn to speak Japanese.
ashfire

Postby TheMewster » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:54 pm

At our anime club we just watch anime. Oh, and wish we could come up with a cool fundraiser to raise money for attending a con.
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby Atria35 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:13 pm

TheMewster (post: 1592972) wrote:At our anime club we just watch anime. Oh, and wish we could come up with a cool fundraiser to raise money for attending a con.

You've never heard about bake sales? They are common, but they work.
Atria35

Postby seasons » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:49 pm

I wish our college had an anime club. I'm one of the oldest students in my classes but I'd consider joining such a club if it existed.

Anyone ever seen or been a part of a general "animation" club? Sometimes I feel like that could draw in a lot of members and there would be a lot of great potential for a lot of diverse viewings (Disney, anime, claymation, Dreamworks, classic cartoons, foreign animation, etc). Just a pipe dream of mine...
seasons

Postby Atria35 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:05 pm

seasons (post: 1593001) wrote:I wish our college had an anime club. I'm one of the oldest students in my classes but I'd consider joining such a club if it existed.

Anyone ever seen or been a part of a general "animation" club? Sometimes I feel like that could draw in a lot of members and there would be a lot of great potential for a lot of diverse viewings (Disney, anime, claymation, Dreamworks, classic cartoons, foreign animation, etc). Just a pipe dream of mine...

So.... why don't you go ahead and start an animation club if you want to? :cool: Nothing on this planet is stopping you from trying, right? Waiting for stuff like that to happen is only going to end in disappointment!
Atria35

Postby ashfire » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:43 am

If the leader of our club hadn't started the club we wouldn't had met and had many friends involved in anime. Wouldn't had learn more about anime if it hadn't been for my friends or attend the anime cons that I have been to.
Contact the college for how to start a club and what will be allowed and then advertise. Place flyers in places on the campus or comic book stores or commercial chain shops where manga or anime are sold if you can have people outside the college attend the club. Thats how I found out and joined.
ashfire

Postby seasons » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:07 pm

Atria35 (post: 1593024) wrote:So.... why don't you go ahead and start an animation club if you want to? :cool: Nothing on this planet is stopping you from trying, right? Waiting for stuff like that to happen is only going to end in disappointment!

You've got a point.

Thin is, I'm really too busy, plus I'm a commuter and I don't want to spend any more time than absolutely necessary on campus every day. I guess what it boils down to is that I'm simply too lazy to start something like this, or at least I need to get a better handle on my studies before trying to put more on my plate.

Ideally I would have done something like this the first time I was in college but that's a whole other story for another time.
seasons

Postby ashfire » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:30 pm

Our club only met twice a month so it doesn't have to be all the time. We met on Sundays in the afternoons for a few hours.
ashfire

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews