Worst anime ever!

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby Atria35 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:37 pm

DecooPunk (post: 1546815) wrote:I've seen worse anime but won't mention them...

This is the thread specifically for mentioning those terrible ones. Please do. We want to hear what they are.
Atria35

Postby Maokun » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:40 am

Welllllll if she finds Naruto borderline worthy of the title of Worst Anime Ever, I'm not sure her worst is going to be an unheard-of abomination. :P

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][color="YellowGreen"]There is no point to lessons that don't bring with them pain. People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something, after all.
But once you have successfully endured that pain you will gain a heart that's stout enough not be overcome by anything. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal. [/color]
-Edward Elric[/SIZE][/font]
Maokun

Postby Nate » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:49 pm

If Naruto is the worst anime she's ever seen I'm jealous of her because as Naruto is a slightly below average series as opposed to abysmally terrible, it means all the other anime she's seen must be fantastic.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Neane » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:03 pm

I agree with what Nate said.
Neane

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:29 pm

Windy Tales

My reaction to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvAES6Y9Kfw

It's a show about people who can control wind. Yeah, like I haven't seen that idea before. Okay, wrong, I'm seeing it now and it's terrible. And I'm assuming whoever wrote this idea about controlling wind is an air-head.

Dude who made this can't draw clouds (Or at least stick to a specific way of drawing them). Nor can he goodly draw anything else. The animation is good, but everything else falls flat.

The plot-hole throughout the entire first episode bugged me.

[spoiler]The main protagonist went on the edge of a building trying to take a picture of a cat. She eventually falls in her attempts to do so, but is caught by someone. She is taken to the hospital and doesn't seem to even bothering to lament that she was trying to take a picture of a cat. She only tells her friend eventually and I think she believes her.[/spoiler]

And the show is just plain weird. I know a lot of animes are weird, but this is just a new sense of weird. Plus, this isn't even a comedy! It's dead-serious despite it's obserd craziness and stupid plot-hole.
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”-Oscar Wilde

“Books change us. Books save us. I know this because it happened to me.”Elif Shafak

"Don't stop unbelieving, never give into your unfeelings"-Mabel Pines, Gravity Falls
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby Neane » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:32 pm

SincerelyAnomymous (post: 1547044) wrote:

Dude who made this can't draw clouds (Or at least stick to a specific way of drawing them). Nor can he goodly draw anything else.

> Complaining about the art-style of [B]Windy Tales[/B]

Seriously, you have no idea what good art in anime is if you dislike the art-style of Windy Tales.
I love Fuujin Monogatari's unusual style

Let me guess? You also do not like the art in Mind Game also?
Neane

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:40 pm

Neane (post: 1547046) wrote:> Complaining about the art-style of [B]Windy Tales[/B]

Seriously, you have no idea what good art in anime is if you dislike the art-style of Windy Tales.
I love Fuujin Monogatari's unusual style

Let me guess? You also do not like the art in Mind Game also?

Well, the unusual bumps on the anime characters is odd. The animators don't seem to be good at drawing straight lines.

“Books change us. Books save us. I know this because it happened to me.”Elif Shafak

"Don't stop unbelieving, never give into your unfeelings"-Mabel Pines, Gravity Falls
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby Neane » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:41 pm

SincerelyAnomymous (post: 1547049) wrote:The animators don't seem to be good at drawing straight lines.

Neane

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:42 pm

Neane (post: 1547050) wrote:Image

I don't mean the hair. I mean the skin.

SincerelyAnomymous

Postby Neane » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:46 pm

SincerelyAnomymous (post: 1547051) wrote:I don't mean the hair. I mean the skin.

Okay, if you don't like the art-style of Windy Tales...then stay away from the following anime:

Tweeny Witches
The Tatami Galaxy
Kemonozume

Or Any Anime that use any sort of Human Imagination when it comes to drawing.
Neane

Postby Nate » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:57 pm

SincerelyAnomymous wrote:Well, the unusual bumps on the anime characters is odd. The animators don't seem to be good at drawing straight lines.

It's a style. The animators of Home Movies didn't have cerebral palsy.

Nate

Postby KnightOfFive » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:41 am

Nate (post: 1547012) wrote:If Naruto is the worst anime she's ever seen I'm jealous of her because as Naruto is a slightly below average series as opposed to abysmally terrible, it means all the other anime she's seen must be fantastic.

I actually couldn't agree more.
Most warriors would find it beneath them to attack a girl. Especially when she wasn't looking. No person with any honor or pride would ever do such a thing. I bid you farewell and good riddance. You're not even worth lamenting.-Uryu Ishida
KnightOfFive

Postby KnightOfFive » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:45 am

SincerelyAnomymous (post: 1547044) wrote:Windy Tales

Dude who made this can't draw clouds (Or at least stick to a specific way of drawing them). Nor can he goodly draw anything else. The animation is good, but everything else falls flat.

yeah I see what you mean it really does look awful. Nice opening song though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daARNSHVqKg
Most warriors would find it beneath them to attack a girl. Especially when she wasn't looking. No person with any honor or pride would ever do such a thing. I bid you farewell and good riddance. You're not even worth lamenting.-Uryu Ishida
KnightOfFive

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:14 am

KnightOfFive (post: 1547125) wrote:yeah I see what you mean it really does look awful. Nice opening song though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daARNSHVqKg

Yes, the song is pretty beautiful.

SincerelyAnomymous

Postby Neane » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:52 pm

Guilty Crown is, without doubt, the most terribly put together anime this last decade.

There hasn't been anything this poorly put together in a long, long while.
Neane

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:33 pm

Neane (post: 1547487) wrote:Guilty Crown is, without doubt, the most terribly put together anime this last decade.

Concept was also just plain ridiculous.

SincerelyAnomymous

Postby Nate » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:17 pm

Neane wrote:Guilty Crown is, without doubt, the most terribly put together anime this last decade.

See, that's an interesting post to me, because on the Ponychan anime threads, there are a few people who have been watching Guilty Crown and say it's one of the best series they've ever seen.

Nate

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:22 pm

How much anime have they seen and how old are they? It would probably come across as better than it is if you're mostly unfamiliar with anime, the way, say, Naruto might seem better to someone unfamiliar with shonen fighting than to a person who has read Kenshin/Yu Yu Hakusho/Dragon Ball.

Guilty Crown isn't as bad as Symphogear, anyways. Now that is a show I might consider a contender for this thread.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Neane » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:14 pm

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs (post: 1547518) wrote:
Guilty Crown isn't as bad as , anyways. Now that is a show I might consider a contender for this thread.

No, Symphogear was better than Guilty Crown . If I rate Guilty Crown as a 3, then Symphogear is a four.

Nate (post: 1547515) wrote:See, that's an interesting post to me, because on the Ponychan anime threads, there are a few people who have been watching Guilty Crown and say it's one of the best series they've ever seen.

Read What I said About Guilty Crown. And This Too. And This.
Neane

Postby Neane » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:06 pm

Nyaruko-san is the first show I ever want to rate a Zero and wins the award of "Worst raping of a horror franchise".
Neane

Postby Neane » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:44 pm

Okay, A Dark Rabbit Has Seven Lives might be the worst anime ever made.
Neane

Postby Atria35 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:52 pm

^ I was trying to forget I ever saw that first episode. Thanks. It looks pretty, but DANG is that plot just....
Atria35

Postby Neane » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:58 pm

Atria35 (post: 1552141) wrote: I was trying to forget I ever saw that first episode. Thanks.

You are welcome.
Neane

Postby softsubs » Sun May 20, 2012 5:54 pm

Nate (post: 1547515) wrote:See, that's an interesting post to me, because on the Ponychan anime threads, there are a few people who have been watching Guilty Crown and say it's one of the best series they've ever seen.

For a show that was supposedly so "bad" it FAR exceeded my expectations.

EDIT to avoid doubleposting:
Can someone give me a content rundown of Horizon and Symphogear?
softsubs

Postby Neane » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:59 pm

To someone who probably hasn't watched a lot of anime (or at least the right ones), the show probably looked like it was rather innovative, but to the rest of us, it just looked like a ripoff series where they mixed together the plots of several classics and try to pass it off as an original work. As such, the series itself really doesn't have many redeeming qualities at all, since if you go back to the roots for it, they did those bits much better than Guilty Crown ever did.
Also, I swear I'm the only person not impressed by the GC soundtrack. It's alright but it didn't seem like anything special at all. Nice production values but uninteresting compositions (like most Hollywood movies.)
This is my sort of anime music.

Oh, Symphogear content: Yuri Subtext, Fanservice, and blood.
Neane

Postby Neane » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:38 pm

Neane (post: 1546623) wrote:Just so that everyone knows, the Worst Anime I have seen are the Following:

Ai City [My Reasons are here: [url]http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=62013][/url]
"Dark Cat", "Psychic Wars" (English Dub) [Psychic Wars is the second worst OVA I remember watching], "Dark Myth", "Judge", and "Sin". Maybe even Dog Soldier also.

There is another really bad anime that must be seen to be believed

it's called Delinquent in Drag and...oh my....

it's really, really terrible

THESE ARE THE WORST ANIME EVER MADE.

+ Vampire Wars, Urda , Tenkuu Danzato Skelter Heaven, Panzer Dragoon

Oh course, an unproportionally large number of 80's and 90's "Original Video Animations" are amongst the worst anime I've ever seen. Angel Cop, MD Geist (I'm not sure I can find a single positive quality about MD Geist, and it's no surprise that it's rated amongst the 10 worst on any of the anime databases. Wait, Wakamoto voiced Geist so it is not the worst anime ever made, but I watched it dubbed so I wouldn't have known.), Judge, Virgin Fleet, Galaxy Fraulein Yuna, Apocalypse Zero, Guyver, Blood Reign, Demon City Shinjuku, Psycho Diver, Dragoon, Princess Rouge, Hanappe Bazooka, Wizardry, Madara, Earthian, Campus Special Investigator Hikaruon, Call me tonight, Iczer One, etc.
Neane

Postby xxelement » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:02 pm

The worst anime i'v seen has got to be Chobits.
xxelement

Postby Neane » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:14 pm

xxelement (post: 1579331) wrote:The worst anime i'v seen has got to be Chobits.

Why....why is it that everyone hates Chobits? :'''(
Neane

Postby Nate » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:00 pm

xxelement wrote:The worst anime i'v seen has got to be Chobits.

Since Chobits is awesome, all the anime you've ever seen must be amazing for something as awesome as that to be the worst!
why is it that everyone hates Chobits? :'''(

No, no, you're misunderstanding them. It's a joke. It's like if I said "Red and Blue are the worst Pokemon games." Well, since there's no such thing as a bad Pokemon game, that means I'm not insulting Red and Blue, it's just that the other games are so awesome that even the awesomeness of Red and Blue don't compare!

Nate

Postby Maokun » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:10 pm

Neane (post: 1579325) wrote:+ Vampire Wars, Urda , Tenkuu Danzato Skelter Heaven, Panzer Dragoon

Oh course, an unproportionally large number of 80's and 90's "Original Video Animations" are amongst the worst anime I've ever seen. Angel Cop, MD Geist (I'm not sure I can find a single positive quality about MD Geist, and it's no surprise that it's rated amongst the 10 worst on any of the anime databases. Wait, Wakamoto voiced Geist so it is not the worst anime ever made, but I watched it dubbed so I wouldn't have known.), Judge, Virgin Fleet, Galaxy Fraulein Yuna, Apocalypse Zero, Guyver, Blood Reign, Demon City Shinjuku, Psycho Diver, Dragoon, Princess Rouge, Hanappe Bazooka, Wizardry, Madara, Earthian, Campus Special Investigator Hikaruon, Call me tonight, Iczer One, etc.

Guyver is not /thaaat/ bad. Also, don't go forgetting Eiken.

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][color="YellowGreen"]There is no point to lessons that don't bring with them pain. People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something, after all.
But once you have successfully endured that pain you will gain a heart that's stout enough not be overcome by anything. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal. [/color]
-Edward Elric[/SIZE][/font]
Maokun

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews