Ever cryed over a manga (or anime)?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby Vii » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:02 am

The only anime to ever make me cry (So far) would be Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (Not like, bawling or anything. I was just really, really teary during the final episodes)

There are a couple that made me tear up though:
-Fruits Basket (Both manga and anime)
-Clannad (Anime)
-Fullmetal Alchemist (Anime)

If tearing up from laughter counts, then Ouran High School Host Club as well. (Oh, and the bloopers too, they're hilarious)

I guess that's it. I'm not really the crying type, so...yeah. ^_^
Vii

Postby A_Yellow_Dress » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:40 pm

I cry a lot in both anime and manga. Clannad, I sobbed. Tsubasa, towards the end of the last volume..... Honestly, it would be easier to just say what I haven`t cried in.

Heck, Baccano! made me cry. Poor Czes...
A_Yellow_Dress

Postby Seto_Sora » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:55 pm

yeah, fruits basket made me cry, the manga and the anime of Ouran Academy Host Club... I seem to remember there was another moving anime that made me cry.
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Atria35 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:17 pm

Man, it's been a while. I fairly recently read the Chrono Crusade manga, and a few tears definitely were shed during that last chapter!
Atria35

Postby AnimeGirl » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:21 pm

Higurashi Time Killing Arc. Namely, the second volume. Awww...it was just so sad!

Some of the stories in Natsume's Book of Friends. They're so well written and emotional. Sometimes my eyes will be pouring tears near the end of them! (Especially the one about that one spirit who wanted to be near a certain human!)

Volume 13 of Black Cat. Train and Saya <333
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby Derek_Is_Me » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:51 pm

Always over Clannad. There have been a few others over the years but I can't remember them right now because I'm currently crying over the Clannad anime. I'm such a wimp. XP
Derek -The Daring Pokemon - A cool, totally awesome Pokemon that uses his power of song, medical skills and powers of cool to make others see things differently. He is not temperamental, but he likes to pull pranks and grins when you fall into his traps. Usually, he styles a fedora and prances around on all fours, he's all black with a white belly.

"Although I look into infinity. I only see the lords eyes, always shining upon my face and smiling in my heart. He will always be with me, no matter where I may go. Always watch over me lord. For I shall be eternal in your light."-Derek.
Derek_Is_Me

Location: Staring at you from your window outside. You have nice tastes in decor.

Postby MangaRocks! » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:13 pm

MangaRocks! (post: 1455907) wrote:...Anime: I think I teared up once or twice during Scrapped Princess. Oh, and I think I also teared up near the end of Trigun [spoiler]with the death of a certain character. If you've seen it, you know who I mean] Manga: This one I'm certain of-- most of the last 3 volumes of Fruits Basket were so emotional and beautiful that they had me either tearing up or indeed actually crying... even when I read it a second time!
Adding the following:

Manga - Totally cried at the end of Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan.

Anime - Teared up once or twice during Madoka Magica, and multiple times throughout Steins;Gate.
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby Lockon Stratos » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:39 pm

MangaRocks! (post: 1455907) wrote:I have! It's funny (...well, not funny, but you know what I mean :P ), because I'm really not that emotional most of the time. But, for some reason, there's something about a few stories (visual or written) that get me.

Oh, and I think I also teared up near the end of Trigun [spoiler]with the death of a certain character. If you've seen it, you know who I mean]

Same with me. I'm not an emotional person by nature, but Paradise got me too.:sniffle: Yet, oddly, when my absolute favorite anime character ever bites it, no reaction. Maybe it's because he died actually doing something instead of just getting shot in the back. As for who it is, like MR said, I ain't spoiling.(Said like Major. Winifred Benson Paine.)
I don't know what I know.
-Me
Lockon Stratos

Postby Atria35 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:44 pm

MangaRocks! (post: 1513027) wrote:Manga - Totally cried at the end of Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan.

Yeeeees! This one! This is such an excelent one. Tear-jerk worthy to the extreme
Atria35

Postby CrystalChalice » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:19 pm

MangaRocks! (post: 1513027) wrote:Manga - Totally cried at the end of Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan.

I'm adding the Fairy Tail manga in because of the last two chapters. More specifically [spoiler]Lucy finding out that her father had died a month before Tenrou Island reappeared. The last time she saw him, she had already formed a decent relationship with him after years of neglect and the Phantom Lord incident. Knowing that she'll never get the chance to bond with her father again is sad enough. Seeing all those birthday gifts he sent to her apartment during those seven years got me teary-eyed. But the letter that he sent to her before he died was what really got me crying. He really had become a better father, and he never gave up hope that she was alive.[/spoiler]

Oh man, just posting about it is making me cry again. :waah!:
Whatever the season in life, the RIGHT attitude makes all the difference.

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth."
Psalm 121:1-2

"Though our paths may have diverged, you must continue to live out your life with all your might; you must never consider your own life to be something insignificant, and you must never forget about the friends whom you loved for as long as you live."
The Third Rule of Fairy Tail

"Mistakes are not shackles that halt one from stepping forward. Rather, they are that which sustain and grow one's heart.
Mavis Vermilion, Fairy Tail

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.
Avatar Aang, The Legend of Korra
CrystalChalice

Postby Popyman » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:58 am

Hmmm...All I can think of at the moment is Voices of a Distant Star. That will tear you up if you've ever been in a long distance relationship before. Extremely beautiful story.
Popyman

Postby Atria35 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:11 am

Popyman (post: 1513138) wrote:Hmmm...All I can think of at the moment is Voices of a Distant Star. That will tear you up if you've ever been in a long distance relationship before. Extremely beautiful story.

Now that I've read the manga version... I can only say that this is true if you buy the plot. I didn't buy the plot, and while the distance part was told well, I couldn't help but roll my eyes all the time because of how ridiculous everything else was.
Atria35

Postby Neko-Hime » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:10 pm

Aaah, yes. xD That would be...

-X. [spoiler]Subaru's almost-death taking a... stab or something for Kamui[/spoiler]
-Fullmetal Alchemist.
-The ending of the Nabari no Ou anime (oh heavens ;_; ) That was a serious sob-fest. The others caused some sniffles; I literally sat behind my computer screen and tried to hold it in for two minutes because my family was present. I eventually gave up, whimpered "T-that was a really goood eeeeeedniiiiiing" and broke down. 5-minute sob-fest.
Neko-Hime

Postby AnimeGirl » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:57 pm

Two Higurashi arcs; Beyond Midnight and Time Killing. Higurashi can do more than make you laugh or get scared to the edge of your seat, but it suceeds brilliantly in tearjerking as well! The Time Killing arc, in my opinion, was especially sad, focusing less on the creepy factor and more on the tragedy factor.

[spoiler]Poor Rika!!! As well as Akasaka for losing his wife since he did not heed Rika's warning![/spoiler]
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby MangaRocks! » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:39 am

Got another addition to the anime-I've-cried-at list: Mawaru Penguindrum.
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby gimin1294 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:42 pm

Tony tony chopper's arc in One Piece vol. 16..that still make me cry for some reason
gimin1294

Postby Atria35 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:50 pm

^ I'm also a One Piece person, and for me it was the Water Seven arc.
[spoiler]Merry Go! This was just too saaaad![/spoiler]
Atria35

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:07 pm

So, LOGH.

Across the bridge of light, stripping your heart naked.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Mei-Mei » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:35 pm

For some reason I teared up when I watched Maid Sama. But it was sad... there at the last few episodes... even though the rest of it was pretty darn crazy.
Mei-Mei

Postby Maokun » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:18 am

Atria35 (post: 1529528) wrote:^ I'm also a One Piece person, and for me it was the Water Seven arc.
[spoiler]Merry Go! This was just too saaaad![/spoiler]

Argh why did you have to go and remind me. That and [spoiler]when Bon-chan stayed behind in Impel Down to open the doors for everyone else. Seeing all those cutthroat, grown up pirates crying like children was too much for me.[/spoiler]

The one that made me cry like a newborn clapped on the back was the ending of Final Fantasy Unlimited. As far as I know, no one else ever cared at all. I don't know why it hit me so hard.

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][color="YellowGreen"]There is no point to lessons that don't bring with them pain. People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something, after all.
But once you have successfully endured that pain you will gain a heart that's stout enough not be overcome by anything. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal. [/color]
-Edward Elric[/SIZE][/font]
Maokun

Postby sandalwood » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:53 am

Anime-wise, I got teary-eyed watching Princess Jellyfish once.

Manga, I cried reading Sand Chronicles. A little too realistic and well-written, I think.

I cry very easily, but for some reason anime and manga usually don't bring me to tears. These are the exceptions :D though I'm not sure why.
:pikka: My DeviantART :pikka:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(╯°__°)╯︵ ┻━┻ - Mark 11: 15-17

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="3"]~Life doesn't have to be perfect for us to [color="YellowGreen"]believe[/color] in God.
~It doesn't have to be imperfect for us to [color="YellowGreen"]need[/color] Him.[/SIZE][/font]
sandalwood

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:48 pm

I just teared up a little tiny bit while reading Tsubasa Chronicle yesterday:

[spoiler]When Fai gives up the remainder of his magic power, reassuring the others that he wasn't giving up his life force. He says something like, "Don't worry, I wouldn't give up my life as a payment for this. Not anymore." That was so powerful, because you can see the sheer depth of his character development. It's amazing how far he's come.[/spoiler]
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby VanillaLatte » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:38 pm

I cry a lot when watching anime. Clannad After Story made me bawl, and not even just at the ending, at some other touching parts too. Which is pretty self-explanatory since it is one of the saddest anime ever.

And Air. Ohmygoodness... the part right before the ending. If you've seen the anime... then you probably know what I'm talking about!
[color="Teal"][SIZE="2"][font="Century Gothic"]
"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear... "
-1 John 4:18
[/font][/SIZE][/color]
VanillaLatte

Postby sandalwood » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:47 pm

Just cried watching the final episode of Azumanga Daioh. Not even kidding.
:pikka: My DeviantART :pikka:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(╯°__°)╯︵ ┻━┻ - Mark 11: 15-17

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="3"]~Life doesn't have to be perfect for us to [color="YellowGreen"]believe[/color] in God.
~It doesn't have to be imperfect for us to [color="YellowGreen"]need[/color] Him.[/SIZE][/font]
sandalwood

Postby Neane » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:01 pm

Okay, I should admit now. There have only been two anime series that had me cry. One was the ending of the Android Kikaider OVA. The other was the last episode of Texhnolyze. Both are the very definition of a tragedy, especially Texhnolyze.
Neane

Postby SierraLea » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:04 pm

Kitchen Princess, [spoiler]Sora's death.[/spoiler]
Did not cry.
Was too shocked.
But it was still very sad.
SierraLea

Postby Atria35 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:29 pm

@ SierraLee - we encourage use of spoiler tags so people who are reading the series and don't know those things happen won't feel discouraged from finishing.

You can edit your post up to two days after you make it, so I recommend putting [*spoiler][*/spoiler] around the parts that would be spoiling the series. (take out the asteriks, I put them there so you could see the code)

EDIT: For me, Neon Genesis Evangelion has made me cry. Episode 18. That. Ep.
Atria35

Postby Neane » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:14 pm

Atria35 (post: 1539655) wrote:EDIT: For me, Neon Genesis Evangelion has made me cry. Episode 18. That. Ep.

[spoiler]You have seen nothing yet.[/spoiler]
Neane

Postby Maokun » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:35 pm

Ugh I was too busy with both screaming in rage and trying to keep down my lunch when I first watched ep 18 to cry. Speaking of ep 18, Atria... *evil eye glint*

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][color="YellowGreen"]There is no point to lessons that don't bring with them pain. People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something, after all.
But once you have successfully endured that pain you will gain a heart that's stout enough not be overcome by anything. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal. [/color]
-Edward Elric[/SIZE][/font]
Maokun

Postby Atria35 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:10 pm

^ Yeah, yeah, I just posted my thoughts on it on the blog! xD
Atria35

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews