Let's Watch! Goukaiger and OOO!

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby Rocketshipper » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:30 am

next episode!

-so there was just some random monster hanging around conveniently for the empire to hire?
-This reminds me of that episode of Power Rangers where the Pink and Blue rangers got turned into punks.
-Marvelous and co just can;t make a good impression no matter what they do
-Ha he scared the bird
-I like how Marvelous found out where the monster was. Nice sleuthing.
-pretty intense, them beating up ahim like that. But love the call back to earlier
-yay, Kakuranger. pretty cool use of the powers. killer paper cranes!
-why does the black Kakuranger key glow purple?
-so the ultaimte power is Ninjaman. Not surprising
-that was a pretty good giant fight.
-next episode preview. So theyr'e going to take in that annoying monkey, but then its probably going to betray them, but then it will feel bad about it because they were nice to it...this seems pretty predictable. Looking forward to seeing the full Dairanger team fight though. Hope they have the zyuranger team fight in an upcoming episode too.

That episode was pretty good. Loved the stuff with Ahim and sparing with Don and GAi, and how that gets repeated later when they were controlled. And its always nice when the mecha fight doesn't suck. That monster still came out of nowhere. Was it just hanging around for no reason, and the empire decided to hire it?
Jessie and James, together forever!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!! Save me!!

Eternal Defender of Tracey Sketchit. If you are a Brock lover, beware ^_^

"Like the moon over
the day, my genius and brawn
are lost on these fools"-Bowser, Super Mario RPG

Confused about the meaning of the screen name??

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/RocketShipping

Go here and be enlightened ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Click the above link...I dare you.

http://community.livejournal.com/ship_manifesto/87185.html

The best essay on Junzumi shipping ever ^^.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rocketshipper
Rocketshipper

Postby Rocketshipper » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:40 pm

47!

-Ahim came up with a pretty good plan!
-lol, and Bascoe was already about to show up anyway.
-that monster doesn;t look Gold, it looks Green!
-Pretty good mech fight, and nice thats its over early.
-that was super cruel of Bascoe. Too bad the episode already pretty much tells you that this is just part of his plan. Should have made it more ambiguous I think.
-Gai, your an idiot!
-Don too.!? O_O And seriously that monkey kind of sounds like the foot soldiers from Shocker in Kamen Rider.
-Is Bascoe hitting on Marvelous in that flashback. thats...a little creepy.
-wait a minute...if Bascoe was working on his own, how did he have empirial soldiers to help him with his inssurection again Akared and Marvelous?
-So the Monkey becomes uncertain about what she should do...
-and it chooses the Gokaiger's...
-Wow, that is just freakin insane. Didn't expect him to go that far!
-Dairangers are awesome!
-That was a prety cool on foot fight.
-next episode preview! looks cool. Reminds me of the finale of Dekaranger

for 75% of this episode I felt like it was just ok. The plotline was cliche and very easy to predict. I did like seeing a flashback to before Bascoe betrayed Marvelous though. And then it all took a huge shocking swerve at the last second with Bascoe's real plan, and gave a pretty good beat down fight. Now I'm really looking forward to next week.

AAML forever!

"Like the moon over

Rocketshipper

Postby Nate » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:50 pm

Basco wasn't working on his own, he became a mercenary for the Zangyack, and brought some soldiers with him when he rebelled against AkaRed and Marvelous.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Rocketshipper » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:26 pm

next episode! Lets see if they now finally conclude the Bascoe plot-line and get those powers back

-thunderstorm of sorrow. How cliche
-why would he need to tie up a robot bird? doesn;t it have an off switch?
-evil clones of the Gokaigers!
-hahahahah, Don doesn't realize his own pose. I always thought it looked like he was feeling himself up though. And I think the subtitle is actually a bit innacurate. I believe I heard the word for "pee" in that line ^^
-what a coincidence that they just happen to run into their own colors isn;t it ^^?
-oh, so he only survived because the monkey took drastic measures
-interesting...wonder if the creators actualy meant anything substantial with that "mary/baby jesus" imagery.
-shocking twist. sort of. lol. I guess that explains my earlier question about why Navi can't be turned off
-all red team!
-special shot!
-another twist! So the treasure thing was just a lie to ge them to collect the ranger keys and return them to earth? interesting. Except if thats true, why would Bascoe care about stealing the keys? and why was he on the verge of corcing Navi to reveal the "treasure"'s location? something is suspicious
-oh wait. so he's not saying that the treasure is a lie, just that Akared used the promise of the treasure to get their help
-that was a super epic awesome duel!
-O_O. why is Bascoe's blood green?
-ha, saved by a piece of the bomb!
-what the heck, so he was already dead when he stood up?
-next episode preview! so the ultimate treasure in the universe is...the triforce!?

YAY! that was cool. Pretty epic episode! Lots of nice action, and no mecha fight to drag the quality down. And Bascoe's finally gone! yay! Good Riddance.

AAML forever!

"Like the moon over

Rocketshipper

Postby Nate » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:34 pm

Yeah, AkaRed was telling the truth about the greatest treasure in the universe, but he wasn't going to let Basco or Marvelous get it, instead choosing to give the Ranger Keys back to the rightful owners (or new owners in some cases). So yeah, AkaRed was using them both. The question is if AkaRed is still alive and will play some role in the end.

Lots of Triforce jokes in the /m/ thread when I was watching the raw too ("Next week: Hyrule's Ultimate Power!"). And yep looks like the Emperor is going to be the Big Bad, not Basco...guess we'll get to see why he's the Emperor. It was really a fantastic episode with a great fight between Marvelous and Basco.

Also next week is the last tribute episode, where they're going to be officially accepted by Maskman, Changeman, Fiveman, Sun Vulcan, and Flashman. The guest stars will be Vul Eagle II, Green Flash, Change Griffon, Blue Mask, and Five Yellow. This leaves Zyuranger as the only Sentai series that did not have a returning cast member. Kinda weird actually. I wonder why none of them came back, were just none of them interested? Ah well.

Nate

Postby Rocketshipper » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:40 am

next episode! Time for the Showdown with Belldandy!

-I think its kind of amusing how that one blue ranger is actually wearing a red shirt.
-"Bird, Turn into a door" lol. love that.
-HAHAHAHAH, he really did turn into a door!
-so now the will of the earth is talking to them O_O
-so the ultimate treasure...is a reset button?? Who wants to bet they won;t actually use it.
-Wait a minute. Where did this ultimate treasure really come from in the first place? why do the Sentai powers unlock it? why is it specificly 34 powers? Are these questions I should just forget about asking? Probably
-ok, this seems too easy. what's the catch?
-so the sentai powers will disappear? does that mean history will be re-written so that they never existed? that would definitly be bad.
-I'm starting to think this "ultimate treasure" is just some xanatos roulette by some antagonist to get them to destroy the sentai powers.
-Macross Missile Massacre!
-they all became the ranger who spoke to them at the start !
-That fight sequence was really cool. Liked Blue and Red's scene's the best. Blue's weapons were super cool, and I lvoed Red deflecting all those missiles.
-and the invasion begins! Too bad the Gokaiger can't teleport like the power rangers could ^^
-so the Gobusters are in the Gavin movie
-next episode! Super-epicness! Hey, is that the little girl from Abaranger? looks like her, but I would think she'd be older by now. !!!!! Yamazaki-san!!! Wonder who that boy is that Marvelous is walking away from. And who is talking to Gai? that outfit looks familier but I can't place it. And Tyrannoranger with the Dragonranger shield!!!!

Well that episode was a surprise. Ever since the start of this show I was expecting that the "ultimate treasue" would turn out to be some kind of intangible concept, like love, or "bonds" or something like that. Its nice to find out that there actually *was* a real treasure. Of course I'm sure they'll probably figure out a way to win without needing to use the ultimate power. The action this episode was great too, although it still kind of felt like filler. The real important stuff happened with the aquisition of the last powers and the treasure, while the battle just seemed to be there so that the episode would have some action.

AAML forever!

"Like the moon over

Rocketshipper

Postby Nate » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:16 pm

Rocketshipper wrote:-so the Gobusters are in the Gavin movie

Starting with Go-Onger Vs Shinkenger, they've had a tradition of introducing the next season's team in the Vs movie. Even though 199 Heroes was a Vs movie of sorts, it was too early in the season for the next team to have been created, so they ended up in this one.
And who is talking to Gai? that outfit looks familier but I can't place it.

That's Goushi! Mammoth Ranger from Zyuranger! Zyuranger got a cameo in after all! That'd be part of the reason why Tyranno Ranger is prominent in the preview. Anyway, Goushi looks REALLY old, which is weird because Zyuranger wasn't all that long ago. Hell Vul Eagle II looked younger than him, and Sun Vulcan was a much older series!
Ever since the start of this show I was expecting that the "ultimate treasue" would turn out to be some kind of intangible concept, like love, or "bonds" or something like that.

Yeah a lot of people were assuming the ultimate treasure was friendship or something, or even just the Super Sentai power itself, but there actually IS a treasure which is kind of cool. I fully expect there to be a "We will win WITHOUT erasing the other teams!" moment coming up soon.

Which reminds me, I heard there was 51 episodes, which would mean this week is the next to last, and next week is the last. Gobuster doesn't start until the 26th though, so I guess there's gonna be a week without an episode? I dunno.

Nate

Postby Rocketshipper » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:18 pm

second to last episode! Lets see if they can pull out an epic finale to this show.

-This will probably be the last episode to have the opening theme so...(watches)
-Gekibeasts! they're back. what is this like...the second or third time in the entire series they got used?
-yay, Megaranger power! I don't remember now...have the mechs ever used a megaranger power before this?
-and there went part of the city! lol. Wonder if anyone actually died. no one ever mentions if the buildings destroyed in the giant fights actually have people in them
-how convenient that the villains are giving them time to regroup.
-Goushi!!!!! I can't believe I didin;t recognize his costume in the preview. its so obvious now.
-So its the little girl from the GoGoV episode
-Yamazaki-san!!! Yay! No mention of if she's still with Kai though. Would have liked to hear something on that.
-Samurai Kid!
-Yep, I knew they wouldn't use the power\
-O_O_O_O. they DESTROYED the treasure!?!?! Um...I know you wan't to win without using it, but don't you think it would still be better to keep it as a last second resort in case things really do turn bad?
-Zyuranger! Gold Shield Tyranno ranger is awesome!
-cliffhanger ending again!!
-next week's preview: not too much to comment on actually. Except, helmetless rangers!

Well, honestly...I was a bit underwhelemed. The cameos were all very short, and the plot developments were easy to predict. I liked the mech battle at the start and all the quick changing between ultimate powers, and seeing Tyranno ranger in the Gold shield was great, but other than that I just didn't find this episode all that great. Not what I would have expected from the finale of the series.

AAML forever!

"Like the moon over

Rocketshipper

Postby Nate » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:24 pm

The cameos were short because this episode was meant to show a major change. The Gokaiger, literally, had a magic reset button that would have rewritten the entire universe and given it eternal peace. When every other option has been exhausted, how do you prevent the main characters from using that kind of power? Especially when they showed interest and had everything to gain from it?

This episode was to show that the Super Sentai were important, that erasing them was the wrong thing to do. That's why this episode existed, to say "Well, here's WHY they wouldn't use the magic reset button." It needed to build up that the Super Sentai were important and gave people hope, and erasing their existence would erase that as well.

About Gobusters...you mentioned earlier the whole 2012 thing. The previews say it takes place in 2012 Anno Novi though. This is different from 2012 Anno Domini, what's being used now (that or CE anyway). Gobusters is probably going to ignore all the previous series. It's a fresh start. Gobusters vs Gokaiger will probably be alternate universe shenanigans like Super Hero War is going to be.

It makes sense because a lot of the actors in Super Sentai are getting old, and probably won't be around much longer. There needs to be a point where they can start over and I think Gobusters is that point. The fact that the previous teams didn't get their powers back is kind of proof of that, as it means there's now no more reason for any of the previous actors to come back for any reason, since they're no longer Super Sentai. Gobusters is likely going to be the "first" Super Sentai now. They'll still celebrate the big numbers of Super Sentai I'm sure (the fiftieth anniversary will hopefully be huge) but this is a fresh start on the series I'm thinking.

Nate

Postby Rocketshipper » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:06 pm

I would have thought the whole 2012 thing was just an unintentional plot hole. The current Sentai series always takes place in the same year that it came out in, so Gobusters will be in 2012, just like Gokaiger is supposed to be in 2011 (as shown in the Timeranger episode)...even though Goseiger ended at the start of 2011 and there was a noticeable time skip between the Legend War and the events of this series. In the end, the whole timeline thing is probably meant to be about as logical as the question of "why doesn't Ash age on Pokemon?".

Time for the final episode! Will it be epic!? Will it be Exciting!? Will it be a satisfying and worthy conclusion to this season!? Lets find out!

-no opening, just as I suspected
-I think the purple zangyack ships look silly
-what the heck! red ship out of nowhere!
-hahah, little bird thief
-hahaha to Marvelous throwing the bird
-the emperor is really cool. Holding off both rangers without even standing up.
-nice stratigy Marvelous! take them all out! Amsuing though that there are *obviously* fewer ships in that shot of them fireing their lasers than there have been in previous shots.
-Dekamaster!!!!
-lol, Don turned into a sword.
-blue charge! hey wait a minute! How did they get gokai red's key for that? no wait, thats obviously shinkenred's. so they can use ranger keys other than the gokaiger keys with the buster?
-awesome, keep fireing even as your hit by the enemy's attack
-emperor blown up! and we're only half way through. um...that seems a bit easy.
-of course, there he is.
-really liked that speech
-O_O. what the heck is Green trying to do with that last pose?
-lol, attack of the killer tennis balls!
-hahah, I like how they're pairing up similar powers and teams like that.
-King ranger!!!
-super ranger? oh cool, they're using the super modes! SWAT mode!!!
-Logo kill!
-several months later. another time skip!
-how do they get space newspapers on earth? borrow them from SPD?
-yay, after all this time, Marvelous finally gets his curry
-someone please give Gai some ritalin. he's making me tired just watching him ^^
-why do all little kids in japan where those yellow hats?
-Akared!? and he vanishes. O_O
-nice montage ending. o-O. Houka-chan!!!!!!
-Doggie! and he's with Signalman, lol
-so everyone got their powers back afterall.
-on to the zangyack homeworld. nice sequal hook. maybe we'll get to hear how it went in the crossover movie.
-Gobusters looks like it has potential.

Well I must say that was a pretty good final episode. Not the best one I've seen in Sentai, but certainly satisfying, and much better than last week's ^^. The fight with the emperor was pretty epic, and I liked the epilogue, with the rangers heading off for a new adventure and saying good bye to the kids. and all the last minute cameos made my day. Houka-chan!!

AAML forever!

"Like the moon over

Rocketshipper

Postby Rocketshipper » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:47 pm

yay! The Gokaiger movie is finally out! lets have some fun!

-so where does this movie fit in again? I've forgotten ^^
-who are you talking to Gai!?
-that was a rather abrupt opening battle.
-hahahah, that was pathetic. just missed the boat entirely
-crazy pervy ghosts!
-hey I just realized...where the heck is Gai? why isn;t he with them?
-an army of foot soldiers from the past! hey, I spot a putty!
-I did not really like that slow-motion blurring effect they had in that fight
-wow, that monster is awesome! a combination of all the foot soldier monsters! Too bad it doesn;t really last long
-G3 Princess? What?
-YAY! Agent Abrerra! (or however its spelled ^^)
-wait, if that was all it took to escape, why didn;t they all just turn into Jetman and fly out right at the start?
-that was a very good battle. Great how it utilized all of the set, including the upper levels of the scaffolding and stuff.
-hah, I knew he was going to use that item to bring his friends back.
-loved the fake Gokaiger's gun! cannon minigun!
-There's Gai. Finally
-and its over...

Well, that ended up being pretty dissapointing actually. I liked the idea behind the villain (collecting the souls of past Sentai villains) but I think they could have done a lot more with it. Also would have liked more of an explanation of why his mech and ship looked like Gokai-oh and the Gokai Galleon (my original theory was that maybe the ghost ship was the Gokai Galleon from an alternate time or something). Those ghost characters were almost toally pointless, and poor Gai hardly got to do anything. Alos...where the heck is the dancing theme ending? Don't these movies usually have the whole cast dancing to the ending them? They did in the movies I've seen previously at least. Action was also dissapointing, except for Gokaired vs the main villain. I really didn't like that "sped-up" effect they used during the fight with the mooks. In general, I think this movie was less impressive special effects wise than previous sentai films I've seen (although maybe the budget got spread out too much with this season having three movies instead of two) Also suffered from being too short, I'd have liked to have seen the Zangyack play a larger role. I did like how they ended up completely missing the boat, that was pretty funny. And it was cool how Marvelous used the power of the treasure to free his friends. But that was about it for what I liked.

AAML forever!

"Like the moon over

Rocketshipper

Postby Nate » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:37 pm

Yeah, the movie was...pretty awful. It was pretty dumb and there wasn't even that much fighting going on. Past Sentai movies pretty much existed to sell a new toy of some sort, and provide exposition for the obligatory "You won't know where this weapon/mecha came from if you didn't see the movie" episode. Since this movie didn't even do that, it literally serves no purpose in the series narrative and can be skipped entirely without missing anything. Which, honestly, is probably the best way to do it.

As far as where it fits in in the series, I don't remember when it was shown but it'd have to be some point after Gai shows up but before Barizorg was killed. Which is probably what, a 7-10 episode stretch I'm guessing?

But yeah. It was bad. Really bad. I was looking forward to seeing more Gokaiger after that incredible ending episode, but...ugh. Left kind of a sour taste in my mouth. Well, I guess it wasn't all bad. Battle Fever theme song was nice to hear.
I spot a putty!

Golem. :p

I recognized only a handful of the mooks. I did happen to recognize the Kakuranger ones, which were never in the Saban adaptation, and I also recognized the Megaranger ones since I've seen a few episodes of that series. Didn't see the Ohranger mooks though, but I'm sure they were there somewhere.

Also I didn't recognize anything from that scene with Abrerra. Or even Abrerra himself. I'm guessing he was from Dekaranger though because they used that to fight him.
Those ghost characters were almost toally pointless

They were only there for voice cameos. The ghosts were voiced by Isao Sasaki, Mitsuko Horie, and Tsuyoshi Matsubara.

Mitsuko Horie sung the Goranger theme song along with Isao Sasaki back in the day, and also voiced Sailor Galaxia in Sailor Stars. Tsuyoshi Matsubara sung the Gokaiger theme song. Isao Sasaki has done a TON of stuff, in addition to the Goranger theme mentioned earlier, he also did the themes for JAKQ and Dekaranger, as well as the theme songs of a LOT of other mecha shows such as Casshern, Getter Robo, Space Battleship Yamato, Grendizer, Gaiking, Galaxy Express 999, Gatchaman II, The Ultraman (anime version of Ultraman), Gekiganger III (the OVA release that was the show-within-a-show of Nadesico), and Metalder.

Oh and Kamen Rider.

He also voiced Joe the Condor in Gatchaman as well as a few other voices in a couple of other anime, and he played live-action roles in Kamen Rider ZO and the Dekaranger movie, as well as Juspion (a Metal Heroes series).

So yeah. The ghosts were only there for huge voice cameos, so it's not surprising they didn't play a huge role. And G3 Princess was only there at the insistence of the director, or so I heard.

Ah well. Gokaiger VS Gavan is slated for a March 21st DVD release, so it might get subbed before the end of the month which would be nice.

Other than that, Go-busters is EFFING INCREDIBLE.

Nate

Postby Rocketshipper » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:53 pm

I think I saw the head of the Ohranger mooks on the big combined monster, but I didn't see the individual form.

yeah, Agent Abrerra is the main villain from Dekaranger. And he's awesome.

Guy had such a small part in the movie that it almost seemed like the movie was filmed before he arrived, and they just added him in at the last minute because the movie's release got delayed and happened later in the timeline or something.

AAML forever!

"Like the moon over

Rocketshipper

Previous

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews