System Status Report Thread

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Postby Vii » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:26 pm

I'm not exactly sure where to post this but...

The archive hasn't been working. I've tried accessing it in both Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 9 (Both on Windows 7) and both times it comes up as programming jibberish.

I first noticed it when I did a Google search and one of the answers that came up was a CAA Archive thread. Of course I clicked on it because I love it here, but it came up as alien codes that I couldn't understand. I tried refreshing the page, but that didn't work, so I decided to get to it through the button on the bottom of the CAA homepage, but that didn't work either.

I've been able to access it before, so this is a new problem for me.

Help, please? ^_^
Vii

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:53 pm

Hi there,

As you may have noticed, there's been some trouble with the database lately. As a way of dealing with this, we've been tinkering with some of the other features of the board. For now, the Archive is not accessible.

Out of curiosity, why were you using the archive system?

Thanks,
Mith
Mithrandir

Postby Vii » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:05 pm

Oh, ok! Thanks for replying!

As for why I was trying to use the archive, I had done a Google search for Christmas avatars and one of the sites that came up was a thread in the CAA archives. I just wanted to check it out because this is the forum I'm on the most. And the reason I had accessed it before then was to read a thread that had just recently scrolled off the boards. That's all. ^_^

Thanks again!
--Vii
Vii

Postby Mithrandir » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:10 pm

Hi everyone,

Server had a bit of a hiccup here this morning, but things look like they're OK now.

- Mith

Update: Had to reboot the chat system, too. It looks like it's working now, though.
Mithrandir

Previous

Return to Announcements and Feedback