League of Legends

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Postby Masaru » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:05 pm

Ooh, this thread o:

My username on there is xMasaru ; feel free to add v: I usually play AD carry and a bit of support sometimes too.
Masaru

Postby firestorm » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:20 am

I'm bringing this up for the sake of any new people who's joined since then that might be playing. Plus I want to play with everyone XD

I just started playing again. I'm at lvl 9, and I love to play as Gangplank. I'm not to great but I'm getting better!
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby armeck » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:25 pm

I have just recently started playing, even though I suck lol. I'm level 3 and my user name is Pyro Armeck. right now I'm trying out different kinds I'd champions to see which kind I like. does anyone have a reccomendation for how to really learn the game instead of just relying to team mates to not suck
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby firestorm » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:28 am

armeck (post: 1580006) wrote:I have just recently started playing, even though I suck lol. I'm level 3 and my user name is Pyro Armeck. right now I'm trying out different kinds I'd champions to see which kind I like. does anyone have a reccomendation for how to really learn the game instead of just relying to team mates to not suck

If you go to custom game you can create a game where it's you and bots vs. opposing bots. This way you can learn without people bickering at you. Hope this helps!
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby armeck » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:21 am

that does help, and then you don't have to worry about people disconnecting mid game. I freakin hate that
armeck

Postby MomentOfInertia » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:28 pm

armeck (post: 1580006) wrote:I have just recently started playing, even though I suck lol. I'm level 3 and my user name is Pyro Armeck. right now I'm trying out different kinds I'd champions to see which kind I like. does anyone have a reccomendation for how to really learn the game instead of just relying to team mates to not suck

I'd recommend reading the guide that got linked on page 1, there's a lot of thought provoking stuff in there. (here's the link again)

For avoiding jerks, the best bet is to find some people you can play with, a regular team. Though I'd have to check with my friend who plays a lot, I think he said something about playing at different times of day will tend to set you up with different people. And he has said that the reliability of the other players goes up noticeably with your level.

I've been playing a bit over a year now off an on, I'm up to lvl.17 I think (the last few weeks have been 'off'), tend to play mostly as Temo, Anne, or Himerdinger. Usually against bots. Tag is "Lunchman343", maybe we can play a round or two.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby armeck » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:40 pm

I haven't really run into people being rude, I just often get put on a team where people lag out all the time and stuff. I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. I haven't enjoyed a game this much in a loooooong time
armeck

Postby MomentOfInertia » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:23 pm

Oh, sounds like you're having trouble with 'toasters' (people on computers/connections that can just barely run the game), those will thin out as you level and get matched with longer-term players with more reliable equipment. I thought you were having trouble with rage-quits, my bad.
MomentOfInertia

Postby armeck » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:06 pm

haha well there was a few of those in the beginning but not so much. i am level 5 now and there are far less rage quits, i can tell that once you level up the game community becomes more sophisticated
armeck

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:33 am

One of my friends computers was acting like a toaster. His internet was fine, and his computer was way above specs...

Then we found out it was a different kind of toaster. It was overheating. Then his power supply blew mid game... :(

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby MomentOfInertia » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:20 pm

Ouch. Was it a bad unit or just plugged up?
MomentOfInertia

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:22 pm

Bad unit, and really poor ventilation in the case (which was old).

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Masquerade1412 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:26 am

After half a year, I'm back in the League!

Just look for Masquerade1412, my friends.
Sincerely,
The Last Wizard of the Century
Masquerade1412

Postby Crypt96 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:38 pm

mechana2015 (post: 1485307) wrote:*plants a Mushroom*

Teemo, reporting for duty!

I got into LoL when I found out that the game was totally free. I play ranged DPS almost exclusively, with Teemo as my primary and Tristiana as my secondary. Lux + Teemo is probably my favorite combo currently, since it results in both players being insanely fed by around 10 minutes.

i will kill you one of these days Teemmmmooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  /l
゙( ゚、 。 7 ~meow?
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Crypt96

Postby Crypt96 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:42 pm

been playing LoL since last month and im lvl 16... Name: Crypt96

Favorite champ: Cho'gath and Hecerium

add me lets play tomorrow once i get home from college! :)

ADD ME NAO!!!

Or DIEEE!!!!

TTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUUUUUUURRRRAAAAAAKKKK!!! I HATE U TEEMO!!!
  /l
゙( ゚、 。 7 ~meow?
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Crypt96

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:41 am

I also play Ziggs, Morgana, Lux and a few others. And hating players because they play specific characters is pretty... questionable for deciding who I'd want on a team, lets just put it that way.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Crypt96 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:11 am

haha... i just dont like going against him because hes famous for running away, planting traps, and just being annoying... he always makes me frown when i see him on the enemy team and he kills me 8 times in a row... even if i wasnt going after him...

the whole fact that he irritates me was supposed to be a joke because he irritates everybody... but you found it offensive when you should be proud... he is hard to use for most and for someone to be able to use him so well in battle is an accomplishment in itself... you support your team better than trollers supporting themselves...

i dont like teemo, but that is my opinion. you should let my opinion stop you from playing with me or others like me... i dont usually rage at all.... only when i see a teemo having 47 kills and 1 death... -______-........... witht the one match lasting....idk...maybe... 2 hours..... ugh...

but still dont let that bother you.. be proud you are good with teemo.... as a matter of fact, let everyone be proud of who they enjoy using, because you could be like me and be stuck using only2-3 champions out of the 50+ in the game...

im still trying to expand my selection... teemo is hard for me... mmmm....

i was pumped that day too... with soda in my system... i get full of energy and i tend to shout a lot.... dont take my ADHD to a level where you dont want to befriend me... i can be funny. and random. just dont hate me for raging about something you like... if that was the case for everything, then all the bronies who like my little pony would not like the other people hate about it, because everyone would rage about MLP and they would just hate them back.

lets not be like that... lets instead not hate others for what they hate... dont make me say what would Jesus do.... cuz you know Jesus loved everybody even if they hated him or hated something.

*edited* one more thing... i am currently on LoL and i plan to be on all day unless my friends come over to play outside... but i doubt that cuz they are in school now and they will play xbox or with me b/c today is friday... who doesnt like to relax on friday?
  /l
゙( ゚、 。 7 ~meow?
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Crypt96

Postby Arya Raiin » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:39 pm

mechana2015 (post: 1590039) wrote:I also play Ziggs, Morgana, Lux and a few others.

Morg was my first mid! She`s pretty awesome, but an insta-ban in draft/ranked. Oh, my favorite champs are Ezreal, Nidalee, Sona, Soraka, Lulu, and Morgana. I main support.

I've taken a pretty long hiatus from League... probably 5 months. But I should be coming back next month. :)

Also, for all of the Teemo haters, join a game of Capture the Teemo. I`ve been hosting them for a long time. :D They`re my favorite custom game type.
Arya Raiin

Postby armeck » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:23 am

lately I've been learning karthus. he's pretty fun
armeck

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:30 am

Arya Raiin (post: 1590377) wrote:Morg was my first mid! She`s pretty awesome, but an insta-ban in draft/ranked. Oh, my favorite champs are Ezreal, Nidalee, Sona, Soraka, Lulu, and Morgana. I main support.

I love Morgana, though part of the reason I play her so much is that she's less timing oriented than my other champs, so I use her to make sure my ping/framerate/keyboard are all working since she's the one I can ususally do decently with even if things are sort of broken. Or if I just want to watch whole waves of minions evaporate (though ziggs is mighty good at minion munching too).

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Arya Raiin » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:24 pm

armeck (post: 1590414) wrote:lately I've been learning karthus. he's pretty fun

Ugh! When LoL firsted added new bots to their roaster, Karthus was one of the first. The first game against Karthus he got 12 kills. Within two days Riot fixed him. lol Ulti is sooooo annoying.

mechana2015 (post: 1590528) wrote:I love Morgana, though part of the reason I play her so much is that she's less timing oriented than my other champs, so I use her to make sure my ping/framerate/keyboard are all working since she's the one I can ususally do decently with even if things are sort of broken. Or if I just want to watch whole waves of minions evaporate (though ziggs is mighty good at minion munching too).

Eh, Ziggs is so squshy though! His range balances him out though. I just want to see someone jungle Taric again. LOL We won too... t`was a good game. :3
Arya Raiin

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:02 pm

Ziggs is squishy, but his attacks are so entertaining that I can deal with it (I'm still learning how to play him). Bouncing bombs are a wonderful thing.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Crypt96 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:41 pm

haha. ur right there. :) i enjoy Sion now too. he is another favorite i just found out recently because i have been using him and i declared that he is awesome for me.
  /l
゙( ゚、 。 7 ~meow?
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Crypt96

Postby Arya Raiin » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:02 pm

Crypt96 (post: 1590678) wrote:haha. ur right there. :) i enjoy Sion now too. he is another favorite i just found out recently because i have been using him and i declared that he is awesome for me.

Sion is a great tanky jungle. The sad thing is that he's slow to clear camps. XD Nocturne, Lee Sin, and Shyvana are my favorite junglers. Noct takes getting used to, but he can ulti to catch fleeing people from 1/2 way across the map. Plus, his voice is creepy. :3 Shyv has good jungling speed and an awesome skin.

:/ I need to learn to jungle better, I never do it unless I have to.

When I start playing again we should start a normals team! :)
Arya Raiin

Postby MrKrillz0r » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:13 am

Hey guys! Is there any interest for some CAA team games? We decide for a time, add everyone who is interested to a party and see how many people we get. From there we can decide if we want to go 3v3 or 5v5! We could also possibly use skype or something to communicate through voice. (If we're enough we might be able to face each other instead of randoms)
Game on!
MrKrillz0r

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:51 am

That would be cool!

...Are you on the US servers Krill?

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Arya Raiin » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:47 pm

MrKrillz0r (post: 1590797) wrote:Hey guys! Is there any interest for some CAA team games? We decide for a time, add everyone who is interested to a party and see how many people we get. From there we can decide if we want to go 3v3 or 5v5! We could also possibly use skype or something to communicate through voice. (If we're enough we might be able to face each other instead of randoms)

Sounds good, but it may be a bit until I join you. Remember to add me as AryaRaiin.
Arya Raiin

Postby MomentOfInertia » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:13 am

Sounds like fun, count me in.
MomentOfInertia

Postby Crypt96 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:47 pm

that does sound greaT!! yea!! i would love to do that

add me as Crypt96
  /l
゙( ゚、 。 7 ~meow?
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Crypt96

Postby MrKrillz0r » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:30 pm

Oh I'm glad to hear there is some interest! I will be needing to create an US account first off, since I'm on EU west at the moment. So I'll be playing at a level 1 account with some delay since I'm from Sweden, but I think I'll manage! I'll make sure to add you once I've made the account, I'll probably use a nick like "CAAKrillz" or something so you'll know it's me. But I'll start with asking here, what day and time would you like to go? Myself I'd prefer a friday or saturday, since it'll probably be later here in Sweden!

Oh and also, please post your in-game names here so we can add each other! (Though some of you have already done that!)
Game on!
MrKrillz0r

Previous Next

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews