Worst anime ever!

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby theladyeri » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:38 pm

FllMtl Novelist (post: 1494218) wrote:Other than some mainstream stuff, the only one I can think of that I find bad for reasons other than offensive content or genre tastes is InuYasha. There is just so much repetitiveness, poor foreshadowing, and other problems that make me want to critique it and send it back for a second draft. It's one of those things where the idea is cool, but poorly executed.

I'd have to agree with you except for the first 20 or so episodes, which were very good, and the characters of Sesshomaru and Rin, who I just loved. after a while I just wished Naraku would die already...I mean, come on...Sesshomaru is WAY more powerful than him! lol I just have a weakness for his character, he touches my introvert soul...:P
[font="Arial Black"]A moment of thought bests a year of mindless talk.[/font]
theladyeri

Postby theladyeri » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:42 pm

akorecki1 (post: 1507812) wrote:I respect your opinions unless you say that FullMetal alchemist is the worst ever then I don't sorry but huge fan here I hope you respect my answer but i think it is Black butler and Bleach and other bad one's like GTO.

i LOVE full metal alchemist....what makes me sad is when it is put in the same catagory as Naruto...which I have never seen, but the fans and the reviews really turn me off...
[font="Arial Black"]A moment of thought bests a year of mindless talk.[/font]
theladyeri

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:10 am

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]I would have to say the original Japanese version of "Ghost Stories" is not the best show I've seen, and almost knocks on the door as being the worst. Heck, even the original Japanese creators chalked this one up as a failure and asked ADV, the license holders in the US, to do whatever it takes to make it sell.[/color][/SIZE][/font]
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Nate » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:12 am

theladyeri wrote:i LOVE full metal alchemist....what makes me sad is when it is put in the same catagory as Naruto...which I have never seen, but the fans and the reviews really turn me off...

For all its failings, Naruto really isn't all THAT bad. At the moment, it's better than Bleach (though that's not saying much), but really Naruto's problem is it has extremely poor pacing and relies too much on "idiot plots" (an idiot plot is a plot that only works if all characters involved are idiots). Some of the characters are fairly interesting, and the overall story is actually not terrible, it's just told badly. As far as the anime goes, its biggest problem was that it was bloated with filler episodes, which were nice because then the spotlight could shine on characters that hadn't appeared much in the main storyline, but also frustrating because there was simply so much of it.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:40 pm

Also I would like to defend DBZ by saying that the anime was running concurrently with the manga, which meant lots and lots of dumb-as-heck filler episodes. When things were actually happening, the show wasn't that bad. It's just it took FOREVER for anything to happen (e.g. the infamous Five Minutes That Lasted Two Weeks incident). Things did go way downhill starting with the Cell Saga though. I know people used to think the Cell arc was the best part of the series, but I have to disagree. I can't speak for the parts after Cell though, since I haven't seen any of it.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Nate » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:10 pm

And Dragonball Kai removes a lot of that filler. DBZ, the original, is another example of a serviceable story that was told poorly. Cut out the padding and it's actually not bad at all.

Nate

Postby Maokun » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:50 pm

It's funny how a big chunk of the people that dismiss Naruto as "awful", admit to not actually having watched it, but "heard about it" or "based on its fans". I'm not saying it's the modern Moby Dick, or anything but to put a series in a list of the "worst ever" just because its detractors are very loud, it's a bit sad. :eyeroll:

ShiroiHikari (post: 1512575) wrote:Things did go way downhill starting with the Cell Saga though. I know people used to think the Cell arc was the best part of the series, but I have to disagree. I can't speak for the parts after Cell though, since I haven't seen any of it.

It's not so much that the Cell arc was great, but the battle against Perfect Cell was amazing. Gohan going SSJ2 is still, I believe, one of the most awesome moments in anime, and likely the inspiration for several of the "cool moments" that have been made in anime in the following decades.

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][color="YellowGreen"]There is no point to lessons that don't bring with them pain. People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something, after all.
But once you have successfully endured that pain you will gain a heart that's stout enough not be overcome by anything. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal. [/color]
-Edward Elric[/SIZE][/font]
Maokun

Postby Rocketshipper » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:43 am

over the past few years I've been slowly working my way through DB and DBZ. I'm currently at the start of the Androids saga. And I have to say...I actually like DBZ's filler a lot more than the regular plot episodes. For instance, by far my favorite part of the Saiyan saga was actually all the training episodes in-between Raditz's death and the arrival of Vegeta and Nappa. Episodes like the one where Gohan met that robot, or helped the gang of orphan kids, or where Goku's spaceship projected a hologram of the moon that drove Gohan crazy and had him fight Piccolo. It was when the Saiyans finally arrived on earth that everything suddenly became dragged out and annoying again, with the whole "fight for 30 seconds then talk for 5 minutes" style of padding. Maybe its because the style of humor is more remeniscent of DB, or because they actually were able to tell self contained storylines *in a single episode*, but the filler training episodes in the Saiyan saga, and most of those "Journey to Namek" episodes too, I found to be waaaay better than the actual episodes based on the manga.
Jessie and James, together forever!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!! Save me!!

Eternal Defender of Tracey Sketchit. If you are a Brock lover, beware ^_^

"Like the moon over
the day, my genius and brawn
are lost on these fools"-Bowser, Super Mario RPG

Confused about the meaning of the screen name??

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/RocketShipping

Go here and be enlightened ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Click the above link...I dare you.

http://community.livejournal.com/ship_manifesto/87185.html

The best essay on Junzumi shipping ever ^^.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rocketshipper
Rocketshipper

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:01 am

Out of what I have seen so far,

Reign: The Conqueror (bad writing and art work)

Tokko (bad story, bad writing and no ending to the series)
Roy Mustang

Postby Neane » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:52 pm

Soooooooooo terrible.
Neane

Postby rocklobster » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:56 pm

Roy Mustang (post: 1513641) wrote:Tokko (bad story, bad writing and no ending to the series)

Good thing I stopped when I did. I got tired of all the gore and no substance after four episodes.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Maokun » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:42 pm

Neane (post: 1513714) wrote:Image

Soooooooooo terrible.

Hahaha oh wow. This made me remember (while on the topic of facial deformation): Has anyone mentioned Grappler Bakki? A story as predictable and stupid as the character design was unstomachable ugly.

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][color="YellowGreen"]There is no point to lessons that don't bring with them pain. People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something, after all.
But once you have successfully endured that pain you will gain a heart that's stout enough not be overcome by anything. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal. [/color]
Maokun

Postby Neane » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:54 pm

Maokun (post: 1513743) wrote:Hahaha oh wow. This made me remember (while on the topic of facial deformation): Has anyone mentioned Grappler Bakki? A story as predictable and stupid as the character design was unstomachable ugly.

Yes, you did.

Dog Soldier: Shadows of the Past is just terrible and there is a reason why 99% of people do not know it exists. And it was made by the same guy who scripted Fullmetal Alchemist, The Twelve Kingdoms, and Martian Successor Nadesico. And also created Neo Ranga.

Dog Soldier is a Failed and ugly and terrible Clone of Rambo.
Neane

Postby eightluvver888 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm

For theme, worst one I've seen is Black Butler, and I didn't even finish it... idk if i'll end up finishing it.
For some reason, though, DN Angel became painful for me to watch. It just annoyed me for no apparent reason.:bang:
[SIZE="3"][/SIZE][font="Garamond"]Oh no, he's already fallen off one building today!
[SIZE="1"]MAL[/SIZE][/font]
eightluvver888

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:27 pm

eightluvver888 (post: 1513834) wrote:For theme, worst one I've seen is Black Butler, and I didn't even finish it... idk if i'll end up finishing it.
For some reason, though, DN Angel became painful for me to watch. It just annoyed me for no apparent reason.:bang:

Wow the point of this thread seems to have been lost. Eight I am not picking on you but your post brings it to mind. This is worst anime ever overall not worst theme, worst animation, worst content . While I don't think DN angel is great it shouldn't get mentioned in this thread. :rant:

That being said I think the worst to me is either Reign, or eiken
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Neane » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:25 pm

GrubbTheFragger (post: 1513839) wrote:Wow the point of this thread seems to have been lost. Eight I am not picking on you but your post brings it to mind. This is worst anime ever overall not worst theme, worst animation, worst content . While I don't think DN angel is great it shouldn't get mentioned in this thread. :rant:

That being said I think the worst to me is either Reign, or eiken

Eiken is the worst ever made. Bad Art, Bad Tastes, Bad Plot, Bad Everything.
I enjoyed Reign: The Conqueror when I watched it. It is not the worst anime ever made.
Neane

Postby akorecki1 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:36 pm

I am picky on my anime.
You can die at any time living takes real courage. - Someone of FMA

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA moderators.

Always be yourself unless you can be a unicorn then always be a unicorn.:rock:
akorecki1

Postby Neane » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:43 pm

akorecki1 (post: 1514902) wrote:I am picky on my anime.

That's good to know.
Neane

Postby Atria35 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:48 pm

akorecki1 (post: 1514902) wrote:I am picky on my anime.

What do they do to deserve that? I think that your anime shouldn't be picked on! :lol:
Atria35

Postby Maokun » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:53 pm

Eiken deserves to be picked, poked, stabbed and dissected in life. Not by me, though, I ain't touching the stuff with a 10 feet pole even to express all the different qualities of disdain I feel for it.

Maokun

Postby sandalwood » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:52 am

I really can't stand Zatch Bell or Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo. Though I disagree with this vastly with my friend, I also dislike Elfin Lied very much.

Also, basically any anime that is WAY too energetic/chibified/high voices I will avoid.
:pikka: My DeviantART :pikka:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(╯°__°)╯︵ ┻━┻ - Mark 11: 15-17

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="3"]~Life doesn't have to be perfect for us to [color="YellowGreen"]believe[/color] in God.
~It doesn't have to be imperfect for us to [color="YellowGreen"]need[/color] Him.[/SIZE][/font]
sandalwood

Postby Neane » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:49 pm

sandalwood (post: 1515915) wrote:I really can't stand Zatch Bell or Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo. Though I disagree with this vastly with my friend, I also dislike Elfin Lied very much.

Also, basically any anime that is WAY too energetic/chibified/high voices I will avoid.

"Fist of the nose-hair!"

I nominate every single film made by Yoji Kuri.
Neane

Postby goldenspines » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:03 pm

eightluvver888 (post: 1513834) wrote:For theme, worst one I've seen is Black Butler, and I didn't even finish it... idk if i'll end up finishing it.
Black Butler and DN Angel are the worst stuff you've ever seen?

Thank goodness for you. Granted, I will disagree on Black Butler purely for that art and that ED. And DN Angel is pretty so so, depending on the day.

In response a very old post by Ladyeri, I think. If you didn't like Shugo Chara, you didn't get it. XD This is all right, though. It's not a show for everyone (plus, the manga, as usual, is better). But to label it the worst anime? Naaaah. It's too much fun.
goldenspines

Postby akorecki1 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:18 pm

I loved black butler when I watched it.
Although this tread is about the worst anime I would have to say the worst anime that i have seen are the most popular like Bleach or Naruto never seen one piece.
You can die at any time living takes real courage. - Someone of FMA

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA moderators.

Always be yourself unless you can be a unicorn then always be a unicorn.:rock:
akorecki1

Postby blkmage » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:20 pm

So earlier in the thread, I mentioned how the show you think is the worst is not a very good indication of its actual quality. The reason for that is given both informally and as a mathematical modeled in this post by one of my favourite mathematicians.

That's not to say that thinking about your bottom anime isn't useful at all. It is useful, just not for determining objective measures of quality. What it does give an indication of is the person's tastes. And in fact, it gives a better indication of how much the person's watched and their viewing habits than their top anime might indicate.
blkmage

Postby Neane » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:27 pm

blkmage (post: 1516004) wrote:So earlier in the thread, I mentioned how the show you think is the worst is not a very good indication of its actual quality. The reason for that is given both informally and as a mathematical modeled in this post by one of my favourite mathematicians.

That's not to say that thinking about your bottom anime isn't useful at all. It is useful, just not for determining objective measures of quality. What it does give an indication of is the person's tastes. And in fact, it gives a better indication of how much the person's watched and their viewing habits than their top anime might indicate.

Very True and right on the mark!
Neane

Postby sandalwood » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:48 pm

Just thought of another one - Saiyuki. No offense - I know it's popular so I hope you guys don't mind. I cringed inside so many times during the first episode and nearly fell asleep. I just can't watch that show for some reason.

Also Kaze no Stigma; my friend forced me to watch it during our weekly anime night and I was so bored and annoyed lol
:pikka: My DeviantART :pikka:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(╯°__°)╯︵ ┻━┻ - Mark 11: 15-17

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="3"]~Life doesn't have to be perfect for us to [color="YellowGreen"]believe[/color] in God.
~It doesn't have to be imperfect for us to [color="YellowGreen"]need[/color] Him.[/SIZE][/font]
sandalwood

Postby Nate » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:02 pm

sandalwood wrote:Just thought of another one - Saiyuki. No offense - I know it's popular so I hope you guys don't mind. I cringed inside so many times during the first episode and nearly fell asleep. I just can't watch that show for some reason.

I wouldn't call it the worst ever but yeah, I bought the first DVD of Saiyuki on a whim and tried to watch it...and only barely got through the first episode. I found it to be extremely dull and uninteresting. I never thought a dragon turning into a jeep could be so BORING.

Nate

Postby rocklobster » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:03 pm

*walks into corner and cries because he liked Saiyuki.*
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:28 pm

rocklobster (post: 1516431) wrote:*walks into corner and cries because he liked Saiyuki.*

*Also hides in said corner*
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews