Worst anime ever!

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby Wallachia » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:04 pm

I actually watched Mars of Destruction and that other OVA by Idea Factory.
Training (and Sleeping) with Hinako are leagues better, and both those shows are merely, "meh" tier... Speaking of, I never added those to my list... Do I dare?

Anyways, the point I want to make is that I'd rather re-watch anything Hinako related than sit through anything made by Idea Factory. It's the path of needles versus the path of an intense, slow death of everything you love.

Wallachia

Postby Gojira » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:58 pm

Legend of Crystania. It is supposedly based on the Record of Lodoss War series, but Ashram and Pirotess look terrible and bland. The story is also confusing at times. I don't consider it a part of the Record of Lodoss War series.
Gojira

Postby seaglass27 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:35 pm

mkalv (post: 1502140) wrote:The worst anime I have ever seen is Kirby: Right Back at Ya! I couldn't make it past the first episode.

That is one of the best kodomo shows I've seen! Even the theme song is epic.
seaglass27

Postby bakura91 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:21 pm

Its been mentioned all ready but I'm really curious whos seen Odin? I own the U.S cut thats like 2 hours but I hear the original Japanese cut is 3 hours long and all the scenes cut were long pointless shots of stuff floating around space. Odin Did have cool action scenes (though it was still a Yamato rip-off) and I did like the soundtrack I'll admit.
bakura91

Postby Atria35 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:29 pm

bakura91 (post: 1503630) wrote:Its been mentioned all ready but I'm really curious whos seen Odin? I own the U.S cut thats like 2 hours but I hear the original Japanese cut is 3 hours long and all the scenes cut were long pointless shots of stuff floating around space. Odin Did have cool action scenes (though it was still a Yamato rip-off) and I did like the soundtrack I'll admit.

I haven't, and I'm not sure I want to because I've heard it's so bad. Maybe one day when I want to torture my friends.
Atria35

Postby bakura91 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:48 pm

Atria35 (post: 1503636) wrote:I haven't, and I'm not sure I want to because I've heard it's so bad. Maybe one day when I want to torture my friends.

Whoa I just checked, both cuts of the movie are on netflix surprisingly(since they're both Long out of print) If you wanna torture someone get the 3 hour* Japanese cut, If you want to watch it just for fun get the dubbed U.S 2 hour version the dubbings really cheesy CPM straight to video style anime dubbing Lol

*wait I made a mistake the U.S cuts an hour and a half and the Japanese cut is 2 hours and 20 min.
bakura91

Postby seaglass27 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:13 am

I change my vote to Tekken: The Movie.
seaglass27

Postby Forgiver » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:14 am

Hi all. but yugioh gx/5ds and inital d and the terriable toyota sprinter/corolla ae86. but used to be addictid to the card game of yugioh
Forgiver

Postby TopazRaven » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:08 am

Come on now, Yu-Gi-Oh GX was not that bad.
TopazRaven

Postby Forgiver » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:30 am

your right it was like getting run down by a 12 mile long freight train.And they are elements which are non-christian and are very very occult.
Forgiver

Postby TopazRaven » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:59 pm

Um, alright then...
TopazRaven

Postby akorecki1 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:51 pm

I respect your opinions unless you say that FullMetal alchemist is the worst ever then I don't sorry but huge fan here I hope you respect my answer but i think it is Black butler and Bleach and other bad one's like GTO.
You can die at any time living takes real courage. - Someone of FMA

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA moderators.

Always be yourself unless you can be a unicorn then always be a unicorn.:rock:
akorecki1

Postby Nate » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:03 pm

GTO is amazing though. Probably one of the best anime ever.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Kenshin1223 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:29 pm

I can sum that up in one word... DearS
possibly the WORST anime ever created...

and here's my list aside from dears

Naruto
Bleach
lucky star
trinity blood
death note
soul eater
practically any new anime because a vast majority of it is rehashes and repeats of each other made worse than the last....I'm just going to stick to the classics when stories actually made sense!
Kenshin1223

Postby bakura91 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:23 pm

*Honorable mention although not technically anime* Lady Death- although I read a couple issues of the comic which seems alot better. Animated in korea but looks like it was done in like Malaysia, its like a rejected Heavy Metal segment stretched to 1 hour and a half. It was the begining and end of ADVs originally produced animation. I own it on DVD, Otakon dealers room 5 bucks Lol.
bakura91

Postby Atria35 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:36 pm

Kenshin1223 (post: 1507839) wrote:I can sum that up in one word... DearS

Naruto
Bleach
lucky star
trinity blood
death note
soul eater
practically any new anime because a vast majority of it is rehashes and repeats of each other made worse than the last....I'm just going to stick to the classics when stories actually made sense!

Trollolololol!

Although actually, I will say that the concept behind Dears offends me in the worst way possible.
Atria35

Postby Nate » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:39 pm

Kenshin1223 wrote:practically any new anime because a vast majority of it is rehashes and repeats of each other made worse than the last....I'm just going to stick to the classics when stories actually made sense!

Nate

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:48 pm

Naruto
Bleach
lucky star
trinity blood
death note
soul eater

Yeah my opinion of the list

On a more serious note, Dear S is really awful. Never watched it just read the synopsis. I just fell as though your list is just kinda there to ruffle feathers.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Lockon Stratos » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:57 pm

Forgiver (post: 1507743) wrote:Hi all. but yugioh gx/5ds and inital d and the terriable toyota sprinter/corolla ae86. but used to be addictid to the card game of yugioh

Wait, what was wrong with 5D's?:eyebrow: In my opinion, it was the cream of the Yu-gi-oh crop, and a decent anime overall. At least the first season was, the second season ruined all the hard work they put into making this world a little less ridiculous. And yes I realize playing cardgames on motorcycles is crazy, but what isn't in anime?
I don't know what I know.
-Me
Lockon Stratos

Postby bakura91 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:04 pm

Naruto
Bleach
lucky star
trinity blood
death note
soul eater

Not trying to sound rude or anything but why do you think those shows are bad? Ive really never seen DearS, Lucky Star or Trinity Blood. I'm not really a Naruto or Bleach fan (I'm More into other Shonen stuff like One piece or Dragonball) but I would'nt call them "Bad" shows really. I never watched Death Note the Anime but I read alot of the manga and think its really great. And I'm actually a really big fan of Soul Eater, why do you think Soul Eater is bad or on a "worst" list?
bakura91

Postby Nate » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:29 pm

bakura91 wrote:Ive really never seen DearS

I bought the first DVD of DearS at a con one year on a whim. It was pretty bad and I didn't watch past the first episode but I wouldn't call it the worst ever. There's plenty of anime far worse than DearS, but yeah, DearS is pretty bad. The art is pretty at least, and while treated as objects, the females are at least proportional, which is more than one can say for Eiken (which still remains firmly as the worst anime as far as I'm concerned).
Lucky Star

Really doesn't deserve to be mentioned anywhere near this thread. It isn't to everyone's tastes but it's not bad by any stretch of the imagination, unless you have a thing against otaku in-jokes. Though some people seem to hate it because "MOE IS RUINING ANIME ARGH."
I'm not really a Naruto or Bleach fan (I'm More into other Shonen stuff like One piece or Dragonball) but I would'nt call them "Bad" shows really.

I'd call them bad and do it again. But much like DearS, while Naruto and Bleach are pretty awful, they're just not bad enough to be the worst ever. Their main problem is incompetent writing. Some of the characters are interesting and cool, and while the storytelling in both is dreadful, the ideas themselves aren't necessarily bad, just how they're executed. If Naruto or Bleach ever got the treatment that DBZ did with the whole "Dragonball Kai" thing where the unnecessary filler was cut, they could be halfway decent shows. Not GREAT, but decent.
I never watched Death Note the Anime but I read alot of the manga and think its really great. And I'm actually a really big fan of Soul Eater, why do you think Soul Eater is bad or on a "worst" list?

Given the type of site this is (Christian site) I'm willing to bet that it's something along the lines of "lol, satanism/paganism." Recently I think a thread got gravedug on here where someone complained about how the ending of Death Note was "anti-Christian" and I can see someone thinking that shows like that are the "worst ever" simply because it doesn't conform to their worldview.

Nate

Postby akorecki1 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:16 am

I have never been a big fan of Naruto or Bleach or death note but I love Black butler and FMA.
You can die at any time living takes real courage. - Someone of FMA

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA moderators.

Always be yourself unless you can be a unicorn then always be a unicorn.:rock:
akorecki1

Postby Dragon » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:29 am

HeatguyJ

dbz and db
Dragon

Postby theladyeri » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:24 pm

people will get angry at me if i say Shugo Chara...but the truth is, it is a very long anime with a few interesting episodes, seemingly made for children, but with some suprisingly teen content that is reeeaaally out of place. I mean really. this show has endless filler episodes and mostly obnoxious music. So many people liked it...I wonder why?
[font="Arial Black"]A moment of thought bests a year of mindless talk.[/font]
theladyeri

Postby TopazRaven » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:11 am

You know, reading over these answers, I still have to kind of laugh that some people listed Yu-Gi-Oh, Naruto, Bleach or Dragon Ball Z as the worst anime ever. I'm mean. :lol:
TopazRaven

Postby Neane » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:22 am

I have been waiting for certain series to pop-up in this thread but so far I have not seen them.
Neane

Postby Nate » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:44 pm

TopazRaven wrote:You know, reading over these answers, I still have to kind of laugh that some people listed Yu-Gi-Oh, Naruto, Bleach or Dragon Ball Z as the worst anime ever. I'm mean. :lol:

You shouldn't laugh. You should be happy for them. As blkmage said earlier, if someone lists one of those shows as "the worst anime ever" it means they have never seen a truly bad, horrific anime. All the anime they've seen is so good and so top-notch that the ones that are merely mediocre and sub-par are their worst.

Nate

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:19 pm

Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere.

My husband has made it his mission to watch anything with mecha in it. I am watching this trash with him so he doesn't have to suffer alone. Seriously, this is one of the worst things I've ever seen. This makes stuff like Akira, which I hate, look like effing Citizen Kane. Horizon is Anime Cliches: The Animation. It is the most "anime" of all anime shows.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby rocklobster » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:45 pm

Nate (post: 1511689) wrote:You shouldn't laugh. You should be happy for them. As blkmage said earlier, if someone lists one of those shows as "the worst anime ever" it means they have never seen a truly bad, horrific anime. All the anime they've seen is so good and so top-notch that the ones that are merely mediocre and sub-par are their worst.

Exactly. Dragonball is no Spirited Away, but it's not the worst ever. It's really a successful marketing campaign. The fact that it got a lot of people turned on to anime is actually a good thing.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:15 pm

So I looked up Eiken on Imdb and just from the title card it gets my vote. The drawings of the characters was awful and completely disproportionate.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews