Anime personality similarity

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Anime personality similarity

Postby Lockon Stratos » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:16 pm

Anyone watch an anime and find that you and one of the characters are almost exactly alike? I've had this experience with Vash from Trigun and Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist. Like Vash, on the outside I'm a total goofball, but my inner thoughts are extremely somber. With Ed, I mostly find that he takes the same action I would in most situations (Noticed this because when I watch any type of show I think about what I would do in their situation) and we both have easily bruised egos.
I don't know what I know.
-Me
Lockon Stratos

Postby ABlipinTime » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:19 pm

I can't say I'm EXactly like any character I've seen, but since every character does have a personality, i.e. is human, I must admit I've been like various characters at times in both poor choices I've made and respectable ones.

------------------
I know I'm wise because I know that I know nothing.
- Socrates
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby rocklobster » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:46 am

I identify quite a bit with Lain from Serial Experiments Lain. Maybe it's because I've noticed how autistic she seems.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Derek_Is_Me » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:16 pm

Hmmm...I seem to be like Vash(Trigun), Edward Elric(Fullmetal Alchemist), Naruto(Naruto), Kakashi(Naruto), Jiraiya(Naruto), and then like Tenchi Masaki(Tenchi Muyo). They all seem to have a bit of me in them and vice versa. I love all of those shows. Though there are alot of other characters I see just a little of me in but these are the core of them all.
Derek -The Daring Pokemon - A cool, totally awesome Pokemon that uses his power of song, medical skills and powers of cool to make others see things differently. He is not temperamental, but he likes to pull pranks and grins when you fall into his traps. Usually, he styles a fedora and prances around on all fours, he's all black with a white belly.

"Although I look into infinity. I only see the lords eyes, always shining upon my face and smiling in my heart. He will always be with me, no matter where I may go. Always watch over me lord. For I shall be eternal in your light."-Derek.
Derek_Is_Me

Location: Staring at you from your window outside. You have nice tastes in decor.

Postby Makachop^^128 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:38 pm

I'm alot like Nia from Tengen toppa I've been told, but when I'm silly or tired I'm like Ed from Cowboy bebop lol
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby TheMewster » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:44 pm

Well, my friend and I act like Osaka from Azumanga Daioh.
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby Vii » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:22 pm

Ranked in order of similarity to me, most similar being highest on the list:

1. Hachiken Yugo from Silver Spoon
2. Haruhi Fujioka from Ouran High School Host Club
3. Riza Hawkeye from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
4. Yuki Nagato from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Vii

Postby Atria35 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:36 pm

One of my friends says that if there's a smart character in the anime, they remind her of me. The latest is Nami (thankfully not because she also hoards gold and is somewhat useless in a fight).

She just told me she thinks I'm like Haruhi from Ouran Host Club. But not quite as oblivious.
Atria35

Postby Maokun » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:22 pm

When I was younger I was the real life equivalent of Ranma 1/2's Ryoga Hibiki. Now, I'm much closer to this guy
<--

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][color="YellowGreen"]There is no point to lessons that don't bring with them pain. People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something, after all.
But once you have successfully endured that pain you will gain a heart that's stout enough not be overcome by anything. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal. [/color]
-Edward Elric[/SIZE][/font]
Maokun

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:31 pm

Throughout my entire childhood I've been a complete Naruto. Basically, a total nut case who can't sit still XD
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”-Oscar Wilde

“Books change us. Books save us. I know this because it happened to me.”Elif Shafak

"Don't stop unbelieving, never give into your unfeelings"-Mabel Pines, Gravity Falls
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby Popyman » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:31 pm

Put Naota from FLCL and Kyon from TMHS together and you've got me.
Popyman

Postby A_Yellow_Dress » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:18 pm

I think like I'm the female version of Jacuzzi Splot with a pinch of Ed from Bebop and a splash of Tohru or Kobato, who (apparently) looks like Yomi (maybe I have a bit of her personality in the mix too....) from Azumanga Daioh.
There`s usually at least one character in an anime that I can relate to, at least to some extent.
A_Yellow_Dress

Postby Seto_Sora » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:35 pm

I'm told that I'm very much like Tamaki Souh from Ouron Highschool Host Club by more than a few people. My brother said I was like him before I had even watched the anime. Personally though I feel like I'm just like Kotetsu T. Kaburagi from Tiger and Bunny in that its a driving passion within to put others before myself... no matter the cost. And also the main character from [C] - Control in that he was always struggling within himself to make the right decision.
This

Seto_Sora

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:14 pm

There are plenty of characters I share traits with, but I don't know of any one character who's exactly like me. I'm an interesting mix of Riza Hawkeye, Akashi (from Tatami Galaxy), Haruhi Fujioka, and a dash of Tsukimi Kurashita.
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Adorima » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:44 pm

Kagura from Azumanga Daioh I'm proud to say.

And Yuki from Vampire Knight because I have a tendency for getting butthurt.
Adorima

Postby theladyeri » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:46 pm

I don't know about myself...but I know somebody who both looks and has a similar personality to vash(he's popular on this thread, lol)
[font="Arial Black"]A moment of thought bests a year of mindless talk.[/font]
theladyeri

Postby Hiryu » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:10 am

When I was watching Kyo Kara Maoh, I found that me and Yuri would essentially be the same person in terms of personality. I think he would be a good model for me when I'm in a focused mood.
Hiryu

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews