Otaku Outreach Project

Projects or project ideas in the works

Otaku Outreach Project

Postby KrazEELegaL » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:05 am

Hello~

Is there an artist out there who wants to commit to working with me on an Otaku Outreach Project? The spirit of the Project is to go to Anime Conventions and bring the Truth to people who have not heard it and educate them about incorrect assumptions they have about Jesus. I've had it on my heart for the past year to do this outreach and recently connected with the people at Gamechurch.com who have done some amazing work this past year going to videogame conventions.

As Mikee Bridges from Gamechurch.com put it:

"We as Christians have taken something simple and made it complicated. We have taken a very clear and consice book, the Bible, and use it out of context and force it down the throats of all who'll listen and sometimes to those who won't. I have struggled as a Christian to undestand why we do what we do in the Name of Christ. It's a tragedy that we feel the need to force, judge, cut, and manipulate people.

The saddest part of the whole thing is that most of us have it wrong. Church has taken what they want out of the Bible, and tried to "apply" it to peoples lives. The message that we have so completely screwed up is as simple as this: Jesus loves you. He wants to be a part of your life and wants to see you love, be loved, grow, be challenged and excel.

He has a gift to give to you and it's really a take it or leave it deal. You can't buy this gift. You can't earn it, win it, or work for it. He wants to give it to you. You can't be clean enough, you can't be ready enough , you can't give up enough for it. He doesn't want you to go home, take a shower, clean your room, stop doing this or that, etc. He just wants you to take this free gift. There is no magic formula.

A lot of people say they don't want the rules that come with it. But there are no rules. People think they are too bad to ever be a Christian. They say their lives are too messed up or their past is too horrible, but none of that matters. Frankly, no one is good enough for it but it has nothing to do with that. It has nothing to do with church, pastors, Bible study, being clean, other Christians or anything else. It ONLY has to do with one thing. Here is a gift. Do you want it? If you do, then take it. The rest will come."
KrazEELegaL

Postby goldenspines » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:29 am

Moved to New Projects and Ideas.

Sounds like an interesting idea. Are there any other details on the project you're planning that you can include? (i.e. how you plan to accomplish said goal?)
goldenspines

Postby TWWK » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:17 pm

If you're interested, I'm working on a gospel message presentation using anime-style drawing with an awesome artist. We are in the beginning stages, but if you'd like to somehow use our final presentation or if we can somehow work together, that would be great. Just send me a PM.
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Postby firestorm » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:31 pm

I'd love to get involved in this too. I have tons of ideas for manga that I'd love to see to completion, and frankly I'd love to setup a panel like this at our cons down here :D please send me a pm.
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby seaglass27 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:44 pm

Is there a way for non-artistically gifted people to get involved?
seaglass27

Postby Atria35 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:20 pm

Since this person joined a year ago and has only made one post in that time, I don't think anything is going to come of this. Just personal opinion, though.
Atria35

Re: Otaku Outreach Project

Postby KrazEELegaL » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:55 am

Sorry, I forgot about this thread, but I wanted to let people know that GOD MADE IT HAPPEN! I'm now leading an anime outreach ministry based out of Saddleback Church called Jesus Otaku with branches in Northern California, Manila, Los Angeles, and North Carolina -- with branches in Tokyo and Buenos Aires coming in 2017. We're called Jesus Otaku and have passed out almost 7,000 Art Book Devotionals since 2015 which communicate God's unconditional love for the Otaku and how the Bible says we are Beautiful, Delightful, Free, Extraordinary, Strong, Chosen, Priceless, and Loved. It ends with an invitation for the reader to step into the truth of God's love and claim their identity as God's beloved.
KrazEELegaL

Re: Otaku Outreach Project

Postby RefractedAhav » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:18 am

Any chance of this coming to Comicpalooza in Houston ?
RefractedAhav

Location: Some where in Oz or is it in the woods between worlds, I'm not so shure any more. Any one have an in

Return to New Projects and Ideas