Favorite homunculi

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby mkalv » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:47 am

Argh, I can only vote for one character. In the end, I voted for Pride (being young makes him all the more creepy) but I also like Wrath and Greed alot.
No pain, no gain. I would prefer no pain, but still gain.
mkalv

Postby Gojira » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:31 pm

I liked Wrath for his complexity. Sloth is a close second because she's the closest to being human.
Gojira

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:34 pm

Gojira (post: 1493326) wrote:Sloth is a close second because she's the closest to being human.
She?
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Gojira » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:37 pm

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs (post: 1493329) wrote:Image
She?

Oooookay, I'll take that back...
Gojira

Postby TopazRaven » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:39 pm

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs (post: 1493329) wrote:Image
She?

I'm going to assume he was talking about the Sloth from the first FMA anime. Sloth was a woman in that one if I'm correct?
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:40 pm

Yeah, she is, I was just giving him a hard time.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby TopazRaven » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:47 pm

What was the reason behind that anyway? Manga Sloth is like the one in Brotherhood right? Why'd they make him a woman in the original anime then?
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:50 pm

When FMA was first selected to be adapted into an anime, the manga only had about four volumes out. Because of this, about halfway through the anime decided to make its own story, which was a huge mess for a lot of reasons, but Sloth is a different character because Sloth only arrives in the manga at volume 16 or 17, which came out after the original anime was done.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Gojira » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:53 pm

TopazRaven (post: 1493333) wrote:I'm going to assume he was talking about the Sloth from the first FMA anime. Sloth was a woman in that one if I'm correct?

Yeah. I haven't seen much of BROTHERHOOD.
Gojira

Postby Juliannesan » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:11 am

Brotherhood is the best!
And Greed, because he actually became good at the end.

Everyone else annoyed me, though at the end I didn't totally hate Wrath.
ImageImage
Juliannesan

Postby Wolf-man » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:07 am

rocklobster (post: 1492271) wrote:To be honest, I actually think Gluttony's kinda funny. I find him fun to impersonate.

"Where's my Lust?" :grin:

Are we talking about FMA or FMA: Brotherhood cause that makes a difference on a couple.
Anyway, my favorite is Greed because of Brotherhood. I thought he was cool in FMA but he wasn't my favorite but he was so awesome in Brotherhood that he gets the top spot for me.
Wolf-man

Postby ivan-michael » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:59 pm

I like Greed and Pride, although Pride's Cooler.. those Tentacle~~~~~~

._.

Envy is cool actually but disgusting at the same time -__-||

(although i have created 7 OC which based on Homonculus) XDDD
ivan-michael

Re: Favorite homunculi

Postby Flicka115 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:37 am

I like GreedLing.
Flicka115

Postby SierraLea » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:10 am

From Brotherhood, Ling/Greed was my favorite, mainly because he had a sort of sense of humor, although I like all of them besides Gluttony.
From the original, I love Envy because his situation bites hard and seems so real to me. Seriously, who wouldn't have bitter feelings after something like that?
SierraLea

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:21 am

I used to find this an easy choice but now after everyone's answers I've realized that all the homunculi are awesome! Hmm...I think for me, my favorite has always been Greed and especially in Brotherhood (probably because I love Ling too plus Greed became good after awhile). In second and third places we have Envy (kind of funny and actually somewhat sympathetic at the end for me anyway) and Brotherhood Pride (MAN, he was creepy :wow!: ).
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby twistedfairytale45 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:08 am

Envy, all the way. *whistles* but Greed comes close.
"You can keep walking, or turn back, or take a different road." -Elliot Nightray
"What's left in the end..is not always what you wish for!" - Xerxes Break
twistedfairytale45

Postby marro1 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:05 am

I haven't seen all of Brotherhood yet, but my fav in the first season was definitely Lust, she was one of my favorite characters all-in-all.
Now I see. You’re Jealous. You’re jealous of humans aren’t you? According to you, humans are supposed to be a lot weaker than homunculi. And yet, even if they get discouraged after being beaten, and even if they get close to falling down after losing their paths, they continue to get up and fight. Everyone around them helps them get back up. And you’re envious of that.
Edward

I'm a worthless piece of garbage that can't even write a straight looking K!
Death the Kid.

marro1

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:10 am

Envy and Greed tie X3
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby faithb4sight » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:27 pm

Greed, post-Ling is best. I liked his take on humanity's inability to not be greedy for something. It's not always material - so true. Greed was a smart cookie.
I didn't necessarily *like* Pride... but he seemed the most dangerous to me. He has my respect (fear?) for that. He was adorable in the beginning, before he was all eee-vil. ;) Gluttony could be semi-cute at times, but then he would go all cannibal and ruin it.

In the original series I didn't really have a favorite.
Image On the summit - even in the valley... God is good. I praise Him for all of everything.
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." Rom. 15:13
faithb4sight

Postby radical edward » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:46 am

There's nothing wrong with liking a villain, faith. I'm speaking as a long time Joker fan.
FKA rocklobster
radical edward

Postby drill » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:27 am

Greed/Ling was probably tied for my favorite with Homunculus before it killed everyone in Xerxes (Honesty, I think they could have made a series out of Homunculus and Hohenheim during their days in Xerxes).
drill

Postby marro1 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:37 am

Now that i've seen Brotherhood. I'd have to say my fav was Greed. They were all great villains though. Envy I have a massive crush on from the first series so... Gluttony is kinda adorable XD. Pride is a great creepy villain (I like creepy anime villains XD). Greed was just epic. Envy was very well developed and made and I grew to pity her a bit. Sloth was cool. the only villain I didn't like was Wrath, not because he wasn't a good character, but I just hated him so much.
Now I see. You’re Jealous. You’re jealous of humans aren’t you? According to you, humans are supposed to be a lot weaker than homunculi. And yet, even if they get discouraged after being beaten, and even if they get close to falling down after losing their paths, they continue to get up and fight. Everyone around them helps them get back up. And you’re envious of that.
Edward

Death the Kid.

marro1

Postby GoldenEagle » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:31 pm

marro1 wrote:Now that i've seen Brotherhood. I'd have to say my fav was Greed. They were all great villains though. Envy I have a massive crush on from the first series so... Gluttony is kinda adorable XD. Pride is a great creepy villain (I like creepy anime villains XD). Greed was just epic. Envy was very well developed and made and I grew to pity her a bit. Sloth was cool. the only villain I didn't like was Wrath, not because he wasn't a good character, but I just hated him so much.

I agree with most of this, except i didn't have a crush on Envy ;). I didn't like Gluttony or Pride very much though. I really hated Pride near the end of the anime.
こんにちは、皆さん! 始めまして!

The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can't always be sure of their authenticity. - Abraham Lincoln

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/FlockOfEagles
GoldenEagle

Postby marro1 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:31 am

AGHHHHH!! I meant lust! I meantlust!!!!!!!! AGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's why I said Envy twice. AGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a dude! AGHHHHHHHHH.
Edward

Death the Kid.

marro1

Postby faithb4sight » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:58 pm

marro1 wrote:AGHHHHH!! I meant lust! I meantlust!!!!!!!! AGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's why I said Envy twice. AGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a dude! AGHHHHHHHHH.

^ this ... so funny XD
Image On the summit - even in the valley... God is good. I praise Him for all of everything.
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." Rom. 15:13
faithb4sight

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:45 pm

faithb4sight wrote:
marro1 wrote:AGHHHHH!! I meant lust! I meantlust!!!!!!!! AGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's why I said Envy twice. AGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a dude! AGHHHHHHHHH.

^ this ... so funny XD

It goes with his sig, too. XD
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby faithb4sight » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:21 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:
faithb4sight wrote:

^ this ... so funny XD

It goes with his sig, too. XD

^ hahaha... So true! Double funny!! XD XD
faithb4sight

Postby Ryosuke » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:19 pm

Brotherhood's Greed but Wrath takes the cake
~*~Blessedly married to Okami!~*~
Ryosuke

Previous

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews