Favorite homunculi

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Favorite homunculi

Postby rocklobster » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:19 am

I think the homunculi in FMA are great villains. So I was wondering which one is the most popular. (Note: Let's use the manga and Brotherhood version.)
Mine is Envy.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby bobmonkeys » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:46 am

Sloth because it is just to much work.
bobmonkeys

Postby TopazRaven » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:38 am

Um well, I've only ever actually seen the first FMA anime and I liked Greed. He was kind of awesome.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby Kaori » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:03 am

Greed. His refusal to obey Father, his character development throughout the series, and especially his capacity to form friendships make him the most sympathetic of the homunculi, IMO.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby Lynna » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:07 am

Greedling, because he's the only humonculi that got humans as his soul friends! And because he's the funniest, and the awesomest
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby Winry » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:45 am

It's between Greed and Envy for me.
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Phantom_Sorano 12:29 - Congrats Winry, you are the first CAA Chat Survivor.
Winry

Postby ADXC » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:21 am

LUST BECAUSE SHE'S HAWT! XDDDD JK

Just thought I'd get those nerdy things out of the way.

My favorite is going to probably be Wrath because he's the center of it all and because of his secret identity which kinda shocked me towards the end.

Also, I can use the original FMA anime version if I prefer. I have not seen all of Brotherhood nor have I read the manga. I really do not care about manga cannon that much because I actually enjoyed the original FMA and also because I'm not a big manga person.
ADXC

Postby Nanao » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:30 pm

Probably Greed. Envy was pretty good too.
[color="RoyalBlue"]My help comes from the Lord, maker of heaven and earth.[/color] Psalm 121:2
[color="Pink"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color] Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
Nanao

Postby Atria35 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:02 pm

Greed. Though I also liked Pride.
Atria35

Postby goldenspines » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:27 pm

The manga/Brotherhood homunculi actually make more sense in terms of name in regards to character/personality. Especially Sloth, and even more so with Pride and Wrath.

Greed is always Greed though in all versions of the story (for the most part), so he was and always will be my favorite. Love that smile.

Second runner up is Wrath. Though, I did not like him very well at first, over time and story, I began to root for him, actually. >_>;;
goldenspines

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:39 pm

Sloth from the first FMA ^__^ Even before the revelation about her becoming was revealed ^^ I'm not sure.. I guess it was her calm and casual personality?
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Vii » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:41 pm

I haven't finished Brotherhood yet (I'm in the middle of Part 3 'cause it just came out on Netflix Instant ^_^).
My current favorite's Envy, though Greed seems interesting now...
Vii

Postby R86 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:04 pm

I can't say I "liked" any of the Homunculi, but Sloth got perhaps the best line in the entire series: "What a pain. What a pain. What was a pain again? It's too much of a pain to remember." :)
R86

Postby AnimeGirl » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:06 pm

Interesting question. I guess I have to say Greed. He's an interesting character with the coolest personality out of the 7 of them.

[spoiler]Still think it's sad how Ling Yao became the next Greed! I haven't gotten further beyond that, but Ling is still in there, yay!! I guess another reason I like Greed 'cause Ling Yao is my favorite character and they sort of merged into one o.o I DO hope that Ling returns to normal again, though...[/spoiler]
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby Sheol777 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:48 am

WRATH! are you kidding me? Did you see him take on that tank?! Then proceed to put everyone else in their place?
Image........... My Deep Space Nine Podcast ........... My Anime List...........
Sheol777

Postby Nami » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:56 am

Envy baby! Oh yeah!
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby GeneD » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:43 am

Sheol777 (post: 1491494) wrote:WRATH! are you kidding me? Did you see him take on that tank?! Then proceed to put everyone else in their place?
This, so much.

Honourable mention to Greed, Envy and Pride.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Sapphire225 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:45 pm

Wrath, he just kicks too much butt. Also, in my opinion, he is one of the most complex of the homunculi. Greed is second.
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby Darth_Kirby » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:07 pm

AnimeGirl (post: 1491441) wrote:Interesting question. I guess I have to say Greed. He's an interesting character with the coolest personality out of the 7 of them.

[spoiler]Still think it's sad how Ling Yao became the next Greed! I haven't gotten further beyond that, but Ling is still in there, yay!! I guess another reason I like Greed 'cause Ling Yao is my favorite character and they sort of merged into one o.o I DO hope that Ling returns to normal again, though...[/spoiler]

[spoiler]He does don't worry.[/spoiler]
Join the Darth side... No really! Join! The pension plan is great and they match all your 401K's!! XD

[color="Cyan"]True freedom is the ability to do what you know is right without fear of persecution.[/color]

[color="Lime"]I finally understand that justice is not born out of the desire for revenge or hatred, but it is born out of love for one’s fellow man.[/color]

Darth_Kirby (post: 1481540) wrote:Ah, the beast of terminology... how many more arguments will you start... XP
Darth_Kirby

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:18 pm

Hmm, I'm surprised Envy hasn't gotten more votes - but then, maybe that's just FFNet's bias or something <_<

To this day, I've never been able to figure out why people seem to think he has green hair, or that he's a "walking palm tree" :eyebrow: But yeah, Envy is my favorite Homunculus - though manga!Pride comes as a very close second (creeeepy little bugger).

Envy is fun to watch - completely saturated in evil, over-the-top reactions, plenty of taunting.... His "big form" is pretty awesome, and his death is one of the most powerful scenes in the entire story, I think. Plus, Envy has some extremely good voice actors portraying him.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby ich1990 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:35 pm

Wrath. No doubt. The tank scene was insane, and I always appreciate people who bring swords to gunfights (and win).

Pride is also pretty cool, but he wimped out near the end. For all of his unique abilities and stones, he seemed pretty lame near the end. Maybe he was just being overshadowed by Father, but I couldn't help but be a little disappointed.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:52 pm

My vote went to Wrath. :) The little guy with a HUGE temper... And he's pretty scary, too. Awesome villain right there, if you ask me.
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby crazypackersfan » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:42 pm

Lust, with Gluttony a close second. Too bad Lust was given the shove in Brotherhood.
Anime Bowl (my blog) - the most unusual anime blog possible
crazypackersfan

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:14 pm

Is it weird that I can't choose?
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Nami » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:27 pm

the_wolfs_howl (post: 1492072) wrote:Hmm, I'm surprised Envy hasn't gotten more votes - but then, maybe that's just FFNet's bias or something <_<

To this day, I've never been able to figure out why people seem to think he has green hair, or that he's a "walking palm tree" :eyebrow: But yeah, Envy is my favorite Homunculus - though manga!Pride comes as a very close second (creeeepy little bugger).

Envy is fun to watch - completely saturated in evil, over-the-top reactions, plenty of taunting.... His "big form" is pretty awesome, and his death is one of the most powerful scenes in the entire story, I think. Plus, Envy has some extremely good voice actors portraying him.

XDD YUS! Another Envy fan! Oh yeah!
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:43 pm

ich1990 (post: 1492074) wrote:Pride is also pretty cool, but he wimped out near the end. For all of his unique abilities and stones, he seemed pretty lame near the end. Maybe he was just being overshadowed by Father, but I couldn't help but be a little disappointed.
That is a pretty unfair assessment. Pride was definitely one of the top homunculi, but he was pretty neutered by the plot because he deliberately weakened himself to make Father infinitely stronger. Sure, Bradley gets stuff done, but without Pride Father wouldn't have had a chance.

That said, it's kind of a tossup for me. Bradley takes down a tank, yeah, but he didn't scare the crap out of me the way Pride and Pride's voice did, but I also think Greed is pretty frigging awesome too. I also like that Lust didn't have the dumb motivation in Arakawa's version, and that she was one of the best First Major Antagonists I can think of. Sloth was pretty awesome, too, and Gluttony managed to be pretty freaky at times.

I guess my vote is for Not Envy.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Winry » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:10 pm

crazypackersfan (post: 1492094) wrote:Lust, with Gluttony a close second. Too bad Lust was given the shove in Brotherhood.

I agree with this. She had much more character development/depth in the original and was one of my favorites, but since this was asking about Brotherhood I couldn't pick her. I can't stand Gluttony though =P
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Phantom_Sorano 12:29 - Congrats Winry, you are the first CAA Chat Survivor.
Winry

Postby ADXC » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:16 am

I kinda thought Gluttony was, in an odd twisted way, a lovable character. XDD
ADXC

Postby rocklobster » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:28 am

To be honest, I actually think Gluttony's kinda funny. I find him fun to impersonate.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Neane » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:08 am

I have to say Pride.
Neane

Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews