CAA Radio Season Two Topic Circuit

Talk about anything in here.

Postby steenajack » Mon May 31, 2010 7:07 pm

Here's some questions that I'd like to suggest (if you'd like to use them):

Do you read fanfiction? Do you like it? Do you write it? What are some things you love/loathe about it?

What are some pet-peeves you have reguarding anime/manga?

Do you read web-manga or amateur comics on the web? If so, what are some titles that you've read? Are you an author of any web-comic/manga yourself?
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:02 pm

We should have an anime movie episode. Many fans (myself included) tend to focus on the TV series, but the films deserve our love as well.

Some topics might include: What makes a good anime film? Favorite/least favorite anime film directors? Anything upcoming that looks promising? Discussion of the history of anime films or maybe just some landmark film/anime film milestones. Each of you could recommend your favorite anime film and tell us why we should watch it.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby GeneD » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:47 am

If CAA was a real place what would it be like? If you had the sole responsibility (and an unlimited budget) to do so, how would you build (infrastructure and facilities) and furnish it?
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:50 am

TheSubtleDoctor (post: 1398213) wrote:We should have an anime movie episode. Many fans (myself included) tend to focus on the TV series, but the films deserve our love as well.

Some topics might include: What makes a good anime film? Favorite/least favorite anime film directors? Anything upcoming that looks promising? Discussion of the history of anime films or maybe just some landmark film/anime film milestones. Each of you could recommend your favorite anime film and tell us why we should watch it.

Odd, I was just thinking about suggesting something like this.

While I'm not exactly all for an entire episode devoted to one thing, perhaps you could have sections devoted to different genres? Samurai, mecha, and the like?
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby GeneD » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:03 am

Topic: Japanese food (not hands), in real life and food themes in anime.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
GeneD

Postby Atria35 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:15 am

Themes in anime- what do you like seeing most (friendship, sacrifice, love), and what anime do you think showcases it the best?

Has there ever been an anime that you've watched the first show of, then never watched again because it was so bad?
Atria35

Postby Atria35 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:40 am

Here's one I don't think has been brought up before (at least not in this thread)- Anime vs Manga- are there an anime you feel are better than the manga versions? Which ones and why? And are there any manga you feel are better than their anime counterparts? Which ones and why? And are there ones that you love both versions equally?
Atria35

Postby blkmage » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:46 pm

I think that we have a general idea of the sorts of things you like as well as your top n anime. Now, what about your bottom n anime and what do you think it says about you?
blkmage

Postby Atria35 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:31 pm

Have your tastes changed from when you started watching anime to now? In what ways? Are there some series that you liked when you started but find a little painful to watch now, or just can't watch now because it's no longer appealing to you?
Atria35

Postby goldenspines » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:45 pm

Since I'm beginning to see duplicate questions and because it may make it easier on the podcast members, I'll steal Tsuku's job here and post a somewhat organized list of topic ideas so far. I won't include the ideas from the last list since I can't remember which ones were used/combined exactly.

- What kind of bear is the best? (Shilohan Ninja)
- Also, do you read any American or otherwise Super Hero comics? If so, which ones and why? Favorite comic publishers?
Read actual comic books, or the Sunday funnies? Which do you prefer and why? (Shilohan Ninja)
- What anime/manga character is your twin as far as appearance and or personality? (Shilohan Ninja)
- What anime/manga character is your inverse (polar opposite) as far as appearance and or personality? (Shilohan Ninja)
- What anime/manga character is your dream girl? Why? *dream guy if any girls answer on the podcast in the future* (Shilohan Ninja)
- Favorite anime/manga character of all time? Why? (Shilohan Ninja)
- OPs and EDs. Top five of your favorites or what you consider the best (within the context of the anime or not, your choice). And for further discussion in case you're bored, you can talk about what makes an appealing OP or ED. Does it always depend on the series' context with the OP/ED, or can you like an OP/ED and hate the series (or vice versa, love the series, but hate the OP/ED)? (goldenspines)
- How do you feel about using scanlations or fansubs, or others using them? (Mr. Hat’n’Clogs)
- How do you feel about collaborations between the US(or anywhere else, if they've done it before) and Japan for stuff like the Animatrix or Heroman? (Mr. Hat’n’Clogs)
- What are (or would be) the pluses and minuses of your significant other being into anime? (TheSubtleDoctor)
- The coming-of-age story in anime/manga: do you tire of it or do you still heart it? (TheSubtleDoctor)
- Are there any tropes/trends or otherwise cool aspects of 90s anime (or older anime if you prefer) that you miss today? (TheSubtleDoctor)
- Thinking of the Doctor Who cast idea reminded me, that if there is enough interest, you all should do a Kamen Rider cast. :D (yes, this is an excuse to get you all to start watching Kamen Rider) Or you could do a small segment on it, that's okay too. :3 (goldenspines *is too much fangirl, sorry >_>;*)
- And for something totally off the wall: You are stranded on a desert island with a portable battery powered DVD player. You only have enough battery power to watch one anime series (the battery power will magically adjust according to your choice), which title will you choose to watch before you die of starvation (or get rescued)?
(Note: You cannot remove the batteries from the DVD player) (goldenspines)
- I think this may have already been touched on, can't remember, but what do you think about live action anime adaptations, both from Japan and America? (GeneD)
- If you could create a live action adaptation, of which anime would it be and what would be the best way to pull it off? (GeneD)
- What anime characters you want to throw off a cliff and why? XD (Airichan623)
- Have you ever been to a convention? If able to reveal, which one? On con activities? (Airichan623)
- Favorite manga translator (legal) (Airichan623)
- Series that made you stop and think (Airichan623)
- Series that made you the most emotional (or cry if you can admit it XD ) (Airichan623)
- Do you watch AMVs? (Airichan623)
- Fullmetal Alchemist (origin) vs. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Which one is better? (Arya Raiin)
- Have you ever tried to re-create food or dishes you've seen in anime? Has anime inspired you to drink Ramune or eat Pocky? (GAINAX)
- Do you tend to prefer anime or manga when both have a version of a story, including anime first series like Eureka Seven or Evangelion. (Mr. Hat’n’Clogs)
- I would like to see the "question to the audience" revived. (GeneD)
- The internet phenomenon known as "the abridged series", Yu Gi Oh TAS and others. (GeneD)
- Have you ever been mistaken for someone else (like a celebrity)? (goldenspines)
- Going off that first question, can you mimic anyone famous' voice? (goldenspines)
- Or better yet, mimic any anime character's voice? (goldenspines)
- If you had a choice to travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why (and be specific, not just "Japan" or wherever, but what city/region)? (goldenspines)
- Do you read fanfiction? Do you like it? Do you write it? What are some things you love/loathe about it? (Steenajack)
- What are some pet-peeves you have reguarding anime/manga? (Steenajack)
- Do you read web-manga or amateur comics on the web? If so, what are some titles that you've read? Are you an author of any web-comic/manga yourself? (Steenajack)
- We should have an anime movie episode. Many fans (myself included) tend to focus on the TV series, but the films deserve our love as well. Some topics might include: What makes a good anime film? Favorite/least favorite anime film directors? Anything upcoming that looks promising? Discussion of the history of anime films or maybe just some landmark film/anime film milestones. Each of you could recommend your favorite anime film and tell us why we should watch it. (TheSubtleDoctor)
- If CAA was a real place what would it be like? If you had the sole responsibility (and an unlimited budget) to do so, how would you build (infrastructure and facilities) and furnish it? (GeneD)
- Japanese food (not hands), in real life and food themes in anime. (GeneD)
- Themes in anime- what do you like seeing most (friendship, sacrifice, love), and what anime do you think showcases it the best? (Atria35)
- Has there ever been an anime that you've watched the first show of, then never watched again because it was so bad? (Atria35)
- Anime vs Manga- are there an anime you feel are better than the manga versions? Which ones and why? And are there any manga you feel are better than their anime counterparts? Which ones and why? And are there ones that you love both versions equally? (Atria35)
- I think that we have a general idea of the sorts of things you like as well as your top n anime. Now, what about your bottom n anime and what do you think it says about you? (Blkmage)
- Have your tastes changed from when you started watching anime to now? In what ways? Are there some series that you liked when you started but find a little painful to watch now, or just can't watch now because it's no longer appealing to you? (Atria35)

Now, for another from me.

- Have you ever come across an anime/manga that's difficult to explain, plot wise, to someone else? (whether they like anime or not) If so, which one(s) and how come? And do you think an anime/manga is better or worse if you can't sum up the plot very well?
goldenspines

Postby mechana2015 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:15 pm

Hey hey folks, our next show is going to have a bit of a theme, so if you have any questions about anime conventions or our experiences at anime conventions, let 'm fly here (within the context of the rules on CAA of course).

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Atria35 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:09 am

Strangest thing you've seen at a convention?
Funniest convention story?
Best cosplay you've seen at a convention?
Favorite cosplay you've seen at a convention?
Atria35

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:52 am

Do the hallway gamers at conventions fill you with a murderous rage? How about rampant meme shouting?
If you could host a panel, what would it be?
Who is your favorite guest that you have seen/met at a con?
A "rave"?
What are a few things you would do to improve the anime con experience?
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Kung_Fu_Master » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:05 am

If your going to do best cosplay you might as well do worst cosplay as well.

One or two things you hate and/or love about cons?
Something you always wanted to do but never got to?
Best/ Worst con you've ever been to?
World Domination or Bust :thumb:
Kung_Fu_Master

Location: In the Animation department at school with hours of homework.

Postby goldenspines » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:31 am

Aww, everyone else took my ideas for questions. XD

- What is the one thing you should never be without at any anime convention?
- And with the previous question in mind, how should one prepare for an anime con?
- Have you ever cosplayed? If so, who did you go as? Or, if not, who would you want to go as?

Looking forward to this special topic show. ^__^
goldenspines

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:01 pm

Currently unanswered topics (as well as I can remember) some of these may be unanswerable or are already forum threads, but I'm just keeping a basic list here:

- What kind of bear is the best? (Shilohan Ninja)

- Also, do you read any American or otherwise Super Hero comics? If so, which ones and why? Favorite comic publishers?
Read actual comic books, or the Sunday funnies? Which do you prefer and why? (Shilohan Ninja)

- What anime/manga character is your twin as far as appearance and or personality? (Shilohan Ninja)

- What anime/manga character is your inverse (polar opposite) as far as appearance and or personality? (Shilohan Ninja)

- What anime/manga character is your dream girl? Why? *dream guy if any girls answer on the podcast in the future* (Shilohan Ninja)

- Favorite anime/manga character of all time? Why? (Shilohan Ninja)

- How do you feel about collaborations between the US(or anywhere else, if they've done it before) and Japan for stuff like the Animatrix or Heroman? (Mr. Hat’n’Clogs)

- What are (or would be) the pluses and minuses of your significant other being into anime? (TheSubtleDoctor)

- The coming-of-age story in anime/manga: do you tire of it or do you still heart it? (TheSubtleDoctor)

- Are there any tropes/trends or otherwise cool aspects of 90s anime (or older anime if you prefer) that you miss today? (TheSubtleDoctor)

- And for something totally off the wall: You are stranded on a desert island with a portable battery powered DVD player. You only have enough battery power to watch one anime series (the battery power will magically adjust according to your choice), which title will you choose to watch before you die of starvation (or get rescued)?
(Note: You cannot remove the batteries from the DVD player) (goldenspines)

- I think this may have already been touched on, can't remember, but what do you think about live action anime adaptations, both from Japan and America? (GeneD)

- If you could create a live action adaptation, of which anime would it be and what would be the best way to pull it off? (GeneD)

- Favorite manga translator (legal) (Airichan623)

- Series that made you stop and think (Airichan623)

- Series that made you the most emotional (or cry if you can admit it XD ) (Airichan623)

- Do you watch AMVs? (Airichan623)

- Have you ever tried to re-create food or dishes you've seen in anime? Has anime inspired you to drink Ramune or eat Pocky? (GAINAX)

- Do you tend to prefer anime or manga when both have a version of a story, including anime first series like Eureka Seven or Evangelion. (Mr. Hat’n’Clogs)

- The internet phenomenon known as "the abridged series", Yu Gi Oh TAS and others. (GeneD)

- Have you ever been mistaken for someone else (like a celebrity)? (goldenspines)

- Going off that first question, can you mimic anyone famous' voice? (goldenspines)

- Or better yet, mimic any anime character's voice? (goldenspines)

- If you had a choice to travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why (and be specific, not just "Japan" or wherever, but what city/region)? (goldenspines)

- Do you read fanfiction? Do you like it? Do you write it? What are some things you love/loathe about it? (Steenajack)

- What are some pet-peeves you have reguarding anime/manga? (Steenajack)

- Do you read web-manga or amateur comics on the web? If so, what are some titles that you've read? Are you an author of any web-comic/manga yourself? (Steenajack)

- Japanese food (not hands), in real life and food themes in anime. (GeneD)

-Themes in anime- what do you like seeing most (friendship, sacrifice, love), and what anime do you think showcases it the best? (Atria35)

- Has there ever been an anime that you've watched the first show of, then never watched again because it was so bad? (Atria35)

- Anime vs Manga- are there an anime you feel are better than the manga versions? Which ones and why? And are there any manga you feel are better than their anime counterparts? Which ones and why? And are there ones that you love both versions equally? (Atria35)

- I think that we have a general idea of the sorts of things you like as well as your top n anime. Now, what about your bottom n anime and what do you think it says about you? (Blkmage)

- Have your tastes changed from when you started watching anime to now? In what ways? Are there some series that you liked when you started but find a little painful to watch now, or just can't watch now because it's no longer appealing to you? (Atria35)

- Have you ever come across an anime/manga that's difficult to explain, plot wise, to someone else? (whether they like anime or not) If so, which one(s) and how come? And do you think an anime/manga is better or worse if you can't sum up the plot very well?

Show segment Ideas/show themes:

- We should have an anime movie episode. Many fans (myself included) tend to focus on the TV series, but the films deserve our love as well. Some topics might include: What makes a good anime film? Favorite/least favorite anime film directors? Anything upcoming that looks promising? Discussion of the history of anime films or maybe just some landmark film/anime film milestones. Each of you could recommend your favorite anime film and tell us why we should watch it. (TheSubtleDoctor)

- Thinking of the Doctor Who cast idea reminded me, that if there is enough interest, you all should do a Kamen Rider cast. :D (yes, this is an excuse to get you all to start watching Kamen Rider) Or you could do a small segment on it, that's okay too. :3 (goldenspines *is too much fangirl, sorry >_>;*)

- I would like to see the "question to the audience" revived. (GeneD)

Keep adding questions folks... we're always looking for more stuff.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby ich1990 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:58 pm

I would still enjoy hearing what the podcast-ers think would be good shoujo/josei anime/manga for people who normally watch/read shounen/seinen manga/anime, and vice-versus.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Saved Gamer » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:12 am

Is the podcast still going? I haven't seen one for a while.
Saved Gamer

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:43 pm

They do it once a month, and haven't gotten the November podcast yet.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:17 pm

The november podcast has been eaten by the unfortunate confluences of an extremely busy beginning of the month for several members and the end of the month being entirely consumed by Thanksgiving, which was a little unexpected.

We'll be back in december for sure.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby GeneD » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:43 am

:comp: Kidding :) See you in Dec.

MAL
Twitter
GeneD

Postby bigsleepj » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:05 am

Here's a silly question: What manga or anime would which Historical Personage enjoy?
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby Fish and Chips » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:26 am

bigsleepj (post: 1441006) wrote:Here's a silly question: What manga or anime would which Historical Personage enjoy?
Give me 24 hours.
Fish and Chips

?

Postby Sebastian Michaelis » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:30 pm

There any way to have ongoing anime's discussed about and older anime's examples being some of the shonen ones or stuff like gundam not sure if its already been put out there.
I am simply one hell of a butler-FKA MajorArmstrong-
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA moderators
Sebastian Michaelis

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:18 pm

Major-Armstrong (post: 1442292) wrote:There any way to have ongoing anime's discussed about and older anime's examples being some of the shonen ones or stuff like gundam not sure if its already been put out there.

We actually discussed Gundam in the first episode of the second season. We talk about ongoing shows almost every show more or less.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

hmm

Postby Sebastian Michaelis » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:55 am

ok to be more to the point could you guys do a review on bleach and where its at so far or have you ^^;; iam not very caught up
I am simply one hell of a butler-FKA MajorArmstrong-
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA moderators
Sebastian Michaelis

Postby blkmage » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:16 am

I know I would love to hear Fish do a review of each arc in Bleach.
blkmage

Postby ich1990 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:42 am

[quote="Major-Armstrong (post: 1442339)"]ok to be more to the point could you guys do a review on bleach and where its at so far or have you ^^]
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/1796/bleachsummary.png
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby blkmage » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:06 am

I think you should move the x-axis so that zero is at boring or mediocre. Otherwise, it would imply that Bleach cannot possibly get any worse, which I'm sure is a point of contention.
blkmage

Postby Fish and Chips » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:20 am

Major-Armstrong (post: 1442339) wrote:ok to be more to the point could you guys do a review on bleach and where its at so far or have you ^^]
blkmage (post: 1442340) wrote:I know I would love to hear Fish do a review of each arc in Bleach.
"Let me tell you the story..." Image
Fish and Chips

Previous Next

Return to General