Epic Music Gives You Shivers

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Epic Music Gives You Shivers

Postby CephasWhite » Tue May 25, 2010 12:16 am

I freaking LOVE Epic music! Everytime I listen to it I get shivers all through my body, thinking about big huge battles, heroic characters (*coughLOTRcough*), and Angels helping Man fight against the forces of evil.

Here's one that I think you might like:

"Nemesis" - Two Steps From Hell

Two Steps From Hell is an Epic Group that is like Immediate Music and Epic Score, all with music that can used for trailers, soundtracks and the like. Epic Score started releasing their albums a few years ago. One of them being:

"Stand Tall" - Epic Score (epic chess game)

This is one of my favorites. Reminds me of the final battle by the Black Gate of Mordor in The Return of the King. The clip is amazing!

Immediate Music is basically the same as the others. This is one of their songs that I like:

"Serenata Immortale" - Immediate Music

You can find my comment below the clip too. :P

By the way, none of these videos are mine, they go to their respective owners and posters.

So anyways, does anyone have an Epic song they would like to share? Is there any song that gives you a shiver of wow-ness? Would you like me to post more clips of this amazing music, please, do tell! :D
Two Steps From Hell - Tristan <--(click)
†††††††††††††
We have been here long enough to know
That we are all brothers and sisters in Christ,
So if you are in need of help,
We shall give you His advice.

May God add his blessings upon you,
That you will live this day and forever,
And when He comes to the earth again,
We will all go together...

Into Heaven for Eternity...

[SIZE="5"][color="Green"]M[/color][color="Red"]E[/color][color="Green"]R[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]Y[/color] [color="Red"]C[/color][color="Green"]H[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]I[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]T[/color][color="Red"]M[/color][color="Green"]A[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]![/color][color="Red"]![/color][color="Green"]![/color][/SIZE]
CephasWhite

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri May 28, 2010 3:57 am

Oh, that was awesome! I love epic music like this :thumb: Have to check those people out now....

One of my favorite epic bits of music is "Requiem for a Tower", which was used in the trailer for Two Towers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF1iZH1F40s

It starts off slow, but it gets very cool later on.

And then "Palladio" by Escala is pretty awesome too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBwa8nqtris&feature=related

And while this might not be exactly what you're going for, I've always thought Beethoven's 5th Symphony was the height of epic :grin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby CephasWhite » Fri May 28, 2010 12:17 pm

Nadia: Yep, I have Globus' "Epicon" album. ;D

Wolf: I've heard that piece so many times back when I was 19. The first time I heard Requiem for a Dream was back when The Two Towers had it's first trailer out. I downloaded so many versions of it. It's still great to listen to.

Palladio sounds great. I enjoy the ladies playing stuff like this which I hardly ever hear.

Yes, I love Beethoven's 5th Symphony. This was my first epic piece that I remember, back when I watched Fantasia.

Here's another one from Two Steps from Hell called,

"Sons of War" - High paced and active.

Here's an Epic Score Mix with Lord of the Rings images. I didn't make the video though:

Epic LOTR Montage
†††††††††††††

[SIZE="5"][color="Green"]M[/color][color="Red"]E[/color][color="Green"]R[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]Y[/color] [color="Red"]C[/color][color="Green"]H[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]I[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]T[/color][color="Red"]M[/color][color="Green"]A[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]![/color][color="Red"]![/color][color="Green"]![/color][/SIZE]
CephasWhite

Postby jadeTheshade » Sat May 29, 2010 2:48 pm

i collect soundtracks almost soly for the epic music...that's why i bought the first narnia soundtack....>.>

thanks for sharing the awesomeness, guys!:thumb:
[font="Book Antiqua"]two roads diverged in a wood and i
took the one less traveled by
and that has made all the difference
-Robert F[color="black"][color="Blue"][/color][/color]rost[/font]
jadeTheshade

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:00 pm

I feel the stuff that I like is epic music and most are from soundtracks of movies.

Vangelis - conquest of paradise

Sgt. Mackenzie

Band of Brothers soundtrack - Suite One

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang
[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby J.R. » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:28 am

E.S. Posthumus makes some of my favorite epic music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lQ_gChvjH4
Nothing that you have not given away will ever really be yours.
J.R.

Postby rocklobster » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:44 am

This thread needs some Zeppelin.
here you go.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby CrimsonRyu17 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:43 am

rocklobster (post: 1399669) wrote:This thread needs some Zeppelin.
here you go.

Thread about the "epic" music genre does not need a song of another genre in it.

Two Steps From Hell and Immediate Music are the two I listen to mostly when it comes to epic music.

I just wish Magika and Rackeers were longer. They're pretty good.
CrimsonRyu17

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:18 am

I just remembered how epic "One-Winged Angel" is in FFVII: Advent Children:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_MW65XxS7s

The song was epic enough in the game, but somehow real instruments just...make it come alive. I was practically drooling and flopping out of the chair when I heard this in the movie the first time. "La la, la la la - SEPHIROTH!!!" :lol:
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby CephasWhite » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:21 pm

To everyone who has posted their share, all of it sounds great. :D Please share some more!

I like the music of Bleach, some of it sounds epic like this one:

"Invasion" - This one gives me shivers all the way through. Hearing this makes me think of myself as a fellow knight with everyone here, looking for a reason to live and fighting for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqNOrvPOA8Q&feature=related

"Treachery" - I hear this and it's the beginning's of a terrifyingly epic battle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BsftDuGkM4&fmt=18
†††††††††††††

CephasWhite

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:16 pm

Roy Mustang

Postby airichan623 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:34 pm

Epic Music:
Ship of Fools
Song of Storm and Fire
-From Tsubasa Chronicle

Blitz, 1940
and the track they always end all narnia commercials with... (dunno the name)
-from 1st Narnia movie

Beautiful Emperor
Madder Sky
Britainnian National Anthem
(1st 2 are actually epic, the last song is always made me wanna either salute or run for cover.)
-Code Geass OSTs

Hedwig's Theme
The Dementor Theme Music
-Harry Potter- the dementor music scares me half to death sometimes

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby bigsleepj » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:30 pm

I'm glad to see someone posted Conquest of Paradise, but this thread has a supreme lack of Popul Vuh. Watch it and weep.

This song was used in key scenes in the epic Fitzcarraldo, which I'm always going on about. Here the battle is not about slaying armies, but for both the fictional characters in the story, as well as the film crew, pushing a ship over a mountain.

Edit: Here's another song from the same series of films.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby Nate » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:30 pm

OH LOOK AT ME I'M THE ONLY ONE TO POST SOMETHING FROM KAMEN RIDER SINCE I'M THE ONLY PERSON HERE COOL ENOUGH TO WATCH IT UNLIKE EVERYONE ELSE WHO IS LAME.

So here's Stay the Ride Alive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9Nv1O-yzog&feature=related

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby ST. Attidude » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:31 pm

I must be lame because I barely even heard of it XD

These are pretty epic, if ya ask me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPhIOHUqe3A&feature=fvw
^ Bach's Toccata in D (BWV 538)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySjxUVFhHW8
^ Sword of the Stranger's Ending Fight Theme
[color="Magenta"]@[/color][color="Red"])}[/color][color="DarkGreen"]~[/color][color="Green"]`,[/color][color="Lime"]~[/color] [color="LightBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, [color="Red"]As Thanks,[/color] [color="LightBlue"]To All The CAA Moderators[/color][/color]
______
[color="Navy"]ST[/color][color="Blue"].[/color][color="RoyalBlue"] Attidude's[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"].[/color][color="LightBlue"].[/color].Portfolio Site, Twitter,
DeviantArt page
ST. Attidude

Postby CephasWhite » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:46 am

Keep it coming with the music guys! :D This stuff is awesome!

I have others here you guys and gals might like:

"Siren's Call" - Epic Score - Majestic. That's all I can say about this one.

"Your Destiny is Coming" - Epic Score - High paced apocalyptic setting.

Here's one of my favorites:

"Fire Head" - Epic Score - Rock mixed with the Orchestra. Love it!

Please tell me what you guys picture when you hear these songs. :) Not just your own, but others too. :D
†††††††††††††

CephasWhite

Postby airichan623 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:11 pm

Also:

From Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron:
Run Free (mostly the second half is epic

unfortunately they keep using this song for golf and fireworks. fireworks, good. BUT [color="Red"][SIZE="7"]GOLF. IS. NOT. EPIC!!!![/SIZE] [/color]

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby jadeTheshade » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:45 pm

airichan623 (post: 1406786) wrote:Also:

From Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron:
Run Free (mostly the second half is epic

unfortunately they keep using this song for golf and fireworks. fireworks, good. BUT [color="Red"][SIZE="7"]GOLF. IS. NOT. EPIC!!!![/SIZE] [/color]

i would have to agree with that. and there is absolutely nothing that you could do to golf to make it epic,either...>.>:shake:

now
@CephasWhite:
as per request i'll say what i 'saw' for each song you put up
siren's call: one of my chracters (yeah, i'm one of Those people...) standing on the edge of a world nearly at it's end. buildings are crumbling and bursting into flame. there are no people left, except for the one they came back to save. and they could be anywhere. . .

Your Destiny Is Coming: a group of hi-tech millitary people on a reascue mission in a very dangerous area...

and, Fire Head: epic sci-fi swordfight/gunfight, plz.^^

oh and i almost forgot to add my contribution...
'the battle' from the first Chronicles of Narnia soundtrack
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc1KD5XOJak
[font="Book Antiqua"]two roads diverged in a wood and i
took the one less traveled by
and that has made all the difference
-Robert F[color="black"][color="Blue"][/color][/color]rost[/font]
jadeTheshade

Postby bigsleepj » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:17 pm

This song from the soundtrack of The Mission, by Ennio Morricone.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

bigsleepj

Postby Scarecrow » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:57 am

The theme from Braveheart as well as this track from the movieActually... the whole soundtrack is epic.

The Last Frontier by Keldian is pretty epic IMO.

So is Ghost Love Score by Nightwish

Also I don't think you can get much more epic than Blind Gurdian... need a taste for this kind of music to like em but anyway. The Maiden and the Minstrel Knight
Nightfall
When Sorrow Sang
Otherland
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby armeck » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:09 pm

alive by p.o.d., and hallucinations by angels and airwaves.
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:38 pm

All this talk of metal got me thinking about Theocracy, now my favorite heavy metal band (even more than Dragonforce and Blind Guardian, which used to be my favorites). They have a really epic sound, plus they're Christian, which lends an extra-epic feel when they start singing about how amazing God is.

"On Eagle's Wings" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF5x2XzLSzk
This song, especially the bridge, just "lifts my spirit to the sky above to fly away, to fly on eagle's wings...."

"Laying the Demon to Rest" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B24j9fnkxo4&feature=related
Very intense and makes me think of fantasy battles with swords and blood and demons - and of course there's also the deeper meaning that I love ^_^

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby armeck » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:12 pm

the_wolfs_howl (post: 1408512) wrote:All this talk of metal got me thinking about Theocracy, now my favorite heavy metal band (even more than Dragonforce and Blind Guardian, which used to be my favorites). They have a really epic sound, plus they're Christian, which lends an extra-epic feel when they start singing about how amazing God is.

This song, especially the bridge, just "lifts my spirit to the sky above to fly away, to fly on eagle's wings...."

"Laying the Demon to Rest" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B24j9fnkxo4&feature=related
Very intense and makes me think of fantasy battles with swords and blood and demons - and of course there's also the deeper meaning that I love ^_^

do they sound like DF or BG? if so i'm gonna be checking into them XD
armeck

Postby bigsleepj » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:16 pm

I think I should share some more Ennio Morricone music from Sergio Leone spaghetti westerns. Nothing beats these soundtracks in their epicness, in my opinion.

The Ecstasy of Gold is a used towards the end of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly and is an exceptional (though not overt) combination of visuals and music. The character of Tuco is looking for a grave in which a fortune in gold is buried, and starts to run through the graveyard. His madness for the gold has robbed him of his common sense, seeing how two very bad men after are after him. The video takes about a minute before it gets to the actual music.

More music from The Good the Bad and the Ugly. "The Trio" is basically a piece of music that is edited down from a longer piece that plays during the Mexican standoff in the finale of the movie.

This short one (Paying Off Scores) is used in a gun dual towards the beginning of the movie For a Few Dollars More in an abandoned church. Dramatic and beautiful.

This piece, The Man with the Harmonica, from the movie Once upon a Time in the West, was ripped off practically note-for-note for the Parley scene towards the end of the third Pirates of the Carribean movie without so much as a mention anywhere in the official movie credits. It is used in the flashback scene towards the end of the movie, and it is best suggested you listen to this with your sound turned way up in order to experience it's spine-tingling power.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA

bigsleepj

Postby Scarecrow » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:15 am

armeckthefirst (post: 1408520) wrote:do they sound like DF or BG? if so i'm gonna be checking into them XD

You couldn't just click on the links and find out for yourself? :P
Scarecrow

Postby armeck » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:29 am

Scarecrow (post: 1408820) wrote:You couldn't just click on the links and find out for yourself? :P

no. i'm on limited internet right now, i can listen to music but only very late at night and so i was hoping someone could tell me so i don't end up staying to to hear something i don't even like XD
armeck

Postby Scarecrow » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:41 pm

Oh well no, they don't sound alike but if you enjoy either you should enjoy Theocracy too... They sound closer to stuff like Dream Theatre or Symphony X something like that though... with a bit more of a power metal flavor.
Scarecrow

Postby Doubleshadow » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:01 pm

Oh, good stuff in this thread! I have new bands to check out. I'll add my picks.

Nox Arcana - They vary from more light atmospheric to really driving epics depending on the album and the song. Their albums are concept albums, here are my choice favorites.
Blood of the Dragon
Highland Storm- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avCcKRZD_Gs
Steeds of Thunder- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3iqihwpw3c
Winter's Knight
Phantom Toccata - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdCAMZKEcag
Veni, Veni Emmanuel- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9zGO2oIY5I
Transylvania
Night of the Wolf - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGLGxjXYuKI
Gothic Sanctum - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gZkHURC_3w&feature=related

Master and Commander - Killer soundtrack.
The Far Side of the World - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA6ucF8-BFo&feature=related
The Battle - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KGspJyoX2E

Cirque du Soleil - Their shows cover pretty much anything you can name in both theme and music.
Quidam, the song starts 45 sec in (act's worth watching, too XD) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8yOGD65rf0&feature=related
Verakai, this one builds (I prefer the other acrobats version, he's actually disabled) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyaVoHk_2ik
Alegria, this is the only song that cirque has released of the three - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgLdrDFuaHg
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Yamamaya » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:27 pm

Srsly guys. None of you posted Epica. This is pure blasphemy.

Epica the Last Crusade
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMG1gMyH9Uo

Turisas Miklagard Overture
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwekhqAdYd8
Yamamaya

Postby Scarecrow » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:25 am

the_wolfs_howl (post: 1408512) wrote:All this talk of metal got me thinking about Theocracy, now my favorite heavy metal band (even more than Dragonforce and Blind Guardian, which used to be my favorites). They have a really epic sound, plus they're Christian, which lends an extra-epic feel when they start singing about how amazing God is.

You know speaking of Theocracy... one of my favorite songs of theirs wasn't even on the CD (it's bonus song on a japanese release or something like that)... but it's pretty epic [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsUDdgUHrZo"]The Wages of Sin[/url]. I found it by accident once browsing youtube.
Scarecrow

Next

Return to Jam Session